1998 Reviews

JENNIFER M.
VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN
12/17/2013 Category: Sales
Quick, convenient, easy
Easy to work with, good staff. Made the purchase of my first vehicle quite easy. Was able to get in touch with my sales staff by phone or email, with prompt responses. The one thing I would say, though I know this is part of the businesses marketing, etc, is that when I went to do the financial paperwork, there was a HUGE push to buy one of the various packages. The constant pushing and "what if I do this for you, or how about that" was almost too much to bare. Despite that, staff were congenial, and helpful. Quite hassle-free

RO
ROBERT O.
12/11/2013 Category: Service
Very good service and friendly employees
Fine service. Very nice employees. It did take a little longer than I expected. About 1.5 hours for the oil change.

GB
Gregory B.
12/09/2013 Category: Sales
Gregory said the salesman was great. His salesperson worked really hard to help him, since there was a lot of back and forth about the pricing. The people are pretty good, though.

TG
TAYLER G.
Pine City, MN
VOLKSWAGEN JETTA
12/08/2013 Category: Service
Polite and fast service
The guy who helped me there was very nice and helpful. I brought my car in around noon and by 4:30 that day, it was ready to be picked up. They were very polite and called me with an update while working on my car, which was nice to know. The only bad thing was that after my car was finished, I went to pick it up and the battery was dead. This was probably because they worked on my car without actually turning it on and when they set it out, it was freezing outside (which doesn't help). They jumped it and within a few minutes it was fine so that was not a big deal. Overall, my experience was very good and I'd recommend it to anyone who needs their car looked at.

John C.
12/04/2013 Category: Service
John said they were pretty good, but not over the top. He said he had to spend $2,000.

RL
Robert L.
Bayfield, WI
12/03/2013 Category: Service
Robert said everything was satisfactory, but the service has always been slow.

JESSICA A.
Eveleth, MN
12/01/2013 Category: Service
Nigel Great Customer Service
Great customer service even though I was not happy about my car not coming with a spare key and having to spend upwards of $100 on one.

GH
Guillaume H.
Two Harbors, MN
11/26/2013 Category: Service
Guillaume said she received good service, but she and the employees had to listen to horrible music the whole time. She said they were aware of a problem where the key gets stuck in the lock, so they could have ordered the part ahead of time so she did not have to go back a second time.

John B.
Lake St. Croix Beach, MN
11/20/2013 Category: Service
John said he had his timing belt and water pump replaced and to do the repairs they had to take off the serpentine belt as well. When they put the vehicle back together they did not replace the belt and it was very worn. They did not even ask him if he wanted it replaced. The belt cost $35 to replace during this service, but if it breaks soon he will have to have to pay the $35 plus labor and additional costs. Their costs are 20 percent more than other businesses in the city and when asked about it they told him their prices are that high because there is no competition. He said he feels as if they want him to come back just so they can rack up more charges. If this business is more transparent about the repair prices they will bring in more people. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.

Miles M.
Zimmerman, MN
11/20/2013 Category: Service
Miles said he was told the work would take 45 minutes, but it took an hour and a half. He did not elaborate further.

CG
CONRAD G.
Ely, MN
11/10/2013 Category: Service
Volkswagen of Duluth
Axel is accomodating and pleasant to work with.

JAY B.
Hoyt Lakes, MN
11/10/2013 Category: Service
Fast friendly service
Like always I was able to schedule an appointment same day.

JAMES K.
Eveleth, MN
VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE COUPE
11/09/2013 Category: Sales
Did online search and had what I wanted
I was met by a great sales guy (Ryan).
I knew which one I wanted, showed him the one. I was soon driving it! It was nice being told the awesome features and just having fun driving the car.
Had a good experience with dealer, salesman (Ryan), and the finance department.

TH

PS
PATRICK S.
10/23/2013 Category: Service
friendly people
I just wish they were closer

RP
ROGER P.
10/19/2013 Category: Service
Service appointment review
Was in for annual oil change.

JAMES W.
Lake Nebagamon, WI
DODGE RAM 1500
10/16/2013 Category: Sales
Not a lot of outside lot help
We needed to go inside to find someone so we could test drive a vehicle.

RJ
ROBERT J.
Hurley, WI
VOLKSWAGEN GOLF
10/14/2013 Category: Service
Should ask about fixing before service is done.
I have had no issues getting repair work done since becoming a customer of VW of Duluth. I recently had a scheduled service--everything was clearly explained and understood prior. Very friendly staff.

Going into the service I noted that the check engine light was one and had been on for a short period. After the service was complete, I asked about the cause for the light. The service manager indicated that it was recommended to change a plug. Instead of doing it while servicing the vehicle (or asking me if I wanted to have it done upon discovery during the service), I became aware of it at the end of the service and had to ask them to bring it back and change the plug so I did not have to come back. Nothing major, by any means, but it took a little more time than I had expected.

Other than that, shuttle service to/from the mall and other places was good. Shuttle car was clean. Very knowledgeable staff. Car was washed nicely when received back. Recommendation about body work through a authorized VW bodyshop (for a minor mishap) was relevant. Nice facility.

This is a far cry better than other VW dealerships in the region, for service work.

BP
BETH P.
Bayfield, WI
10/10/2013 Category: Service
All staff are kind and willing to help.
I was able to use a loaner car while my VW was being serviced- a nice option when having car serviced.

KK
Kristen K.
10/08/2013 Category: Sales
Kristen said the work took 5 and a half hours, but she still loves her vehicle.