CJ
Carlton J.
Vista, CA
02/01/2018
Old customer very disappointed
Very disapointed in what transpired. I called and explained the problem with the vehicle and was told to come down and they would get me in. Again i explained that tune check engine light was on and the diagnosis was P0030 egine code and just needed it fixed. i dropped the truck off at 9am and at 11:30 called to get an update. i was told that they started the diagonsis but had to got to lunch and they would update me when he got back. Again i called at 1:15 and asked for an update and got that they had just got back from lunc 2 hours latter and still had no news. I then called back at 3pm to aks for an update and got all kinds of talk about what was going on but bottom line they still did not know and now the truck had to cool down for an hour and then they could diagnosis it. This would have put a pickup time assuming they found it at 4:30-5pm to late for me so just picked my truck up paid the $99.00 for a diagnosis i had already told them waht it was. Taking my truck somewhere else at this point

Steve S.
05/30/2017 Category: Service
Steve said their work was of poor quality and he will never go to them again.

Mark B.
10/13/2018
Rear Trunk Shocks
Trunk lift shocks were broken. Estimated cost to repair $220. We declined. I bought the parts for $20 and installed them within 10 minutes. I’ve been a satisfied customer for years, but that quote seemed very unreasonable.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 10/13/2018

Mark,
First and foremost thank you for being a client and putting your trust in us. I am glad you reached out to me, as I can understand the concern you in this situation, but the true fact is we sourced and priced the lift shocks we quoted for your vehicle directly from Ford, Yes they are quite a bit more costly but we know they will not fail anytime soon, we had a lift shock fail once and a client was hit in the head with a trunk lid. So we no longer install offshore Lift shocks. I am sure you understand the liability we incur when installing something like this. If you have any other questions please let me know. Once again thank you for reaching out.

BW
Bill W.
Nissan NV
01/20/2018
Not what I expected
I didn't feel important as a new customer. I was asked to have my delivery truck there first thing in the morning and then they didn't look at it until much later.The call was also very high pressure, I needed everything but didn't know anything about what I had asked you to do the transmission slipping. I finally got your call related to the work I wanted and was told low on fluid and should have service done. I gave the approval reluctantly as it had just had that same service 25,000 miles ago. ($250.00) down the drain. Got a call later that afternoon and was told I need a new cooler line for the transmission another $100 bucks and had to order, Would take 2 days and the weekend was here so wanted to keep the truck over the weekend until sometime Monday. I know these guys want to do a good job but I won't be back to bad nice shop. You need to change your radio ad to something like bring your wallet and leave your car for a few days.We get to you when we can

MN
Mariann N.
Nissan Pathfinder
11/07/2017
Alignment issue
I came in for an alignment because I was having some shimmy in my steering wheel. When I picked up my car I was told that they could not align my vehicle to factory specs and that they had maxed out my front passenger side. I paid 90 dollars for an alignment that wasnt up to specs.

Joseph R.
08/23/2017
Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not happy
First my Jeep was tested for fracked block or head gasket failure and my first call was to report how expensive an engine rebuild would cost. I brought the Jeep in to diagnose a high idle. Next the Idle Air Control Valve was inspected and needed replacement. The bill. $500. Wow. So I wasn't happy with either the block test or the bill for a replaced IACV.

Valley Center, CA
Toyota Pickup
06/17/2019
Factory part?
My Toyota was recently serviced. On my invoice, it is listed that Toyota factory antifreeze was used. I got my vehicle home and checked. There was regular green antifreeze in the cooling system. Factory Toyota coolant is pink/red. Now I have to flush it out and replace. Everything else is fine.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 06/18/2019

Tony,

We do want to apologize, I Know Chris reached out to you, the proper coolant was installed in the Vehicle, the wrong coolant part number and description were accidentally invoiced on your invoice, we sincerely apologize for the confusion as this was clearly a mistake on our part.

Nissan Sentra
02/09/2019
Inspection?
I came in for a routine oil change. Inspections come standard with any service. The last time I was in they reccomended several things to be done, so when I came in this time, the same recommended services were on my print out. The technician tried to tell me that services were still recommended, even though I had replaced parts myself. It just goes to show you cant trust mechanics to tell the truth. They will try to nickle and dime you to death.

Aside from that, they are always really nice and polite.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 02/11/2019

Thank you for reaching out, Seems there may be some confusion caused by the fact we did not send you your vehicle inspection, we apparently dropped the ball by not supplying you with the Electronic Inspection of your vehicle. I checked the Inspection this morning and the Technician did not recommend Wiper Blades as I believe you are referring to. The service Professional / Consultant Chris that was helping you in the office should have removed the recommendation after reviewing the Technicians inspection, as they were no longer being recommended. I sincerely apologize as Chris dropped the Ball by not sending you the copy of the Inspection and then not removing the recommendation. It is our goal to always provide you with the highest level service, we perform our inspections 100% and would never recommend UN need repairs or service. This was a breakdown of communication internally and externally on our part. Please accept my sincerely apology! – Brian Bowersock. I would be happy to call and speak with you if there is a convenient time to do so, please let me know.   760-741-0071

AP
Andrew P.
Chevrolet Corvette
11/06/2018
"Third Times a Charm?"
vehicle is going back again for the third time in a month for a "Low Oil", sensor/indicator problem. hopefully they can resolve it this time. your people are always friendly and courteous, but im starting loose confidence.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 11/08/2018

Andrew,
I wanted to follow up with you, Tim the Escondido Location Manager reached out to you this week as we wanted to make sure you are taken care of. I did take some time and look through your Vehicles history to find that in 2011 we recommend an oil pressure sensor that was declined and never replaced. Then a couple weeks ago in 2018 was the first time we have seen the vehicle for 7 years, there was an oil level light on after the service we performed, we cleaned the level sensor at no charge for you. If the light has returned as stated it may need the level sensor replaced. This sensor is not related to oil pressure, it is related to oil level. Besides cleaning this sensor at no charge for you this past visit we have not worked on the Level Sensor. I hope this helps clear up the confusion, if I can help in any way please let me know.Brian Bowersock 760-741=0071

Al M.
Bonsall, CA
Ford Expedition
04/13/2018
They have a good reputation, but not sure if I will be back.
1. When I scheduled the appointment I was not told that the car needed to stay all day. Thus, I had no means to return home and I had to rent a car. I could have arranged for a ride if my appointment was on another and day and I was told it would be there two days.

2. When I picked up my car, it appeared the outside was washed??, but the interior had grease on the steering wheel and side door handle. I didn't notice the grease until I looked at my hands. My hands were covered with grease and on the way driving the car home, it was necessary for me to stop and clean the steering wheel and wash my hands...they were soooo dirty. The paper napkin I used was very greasy.

3, The fellas at the counter were not customer friendly or very pleasant, either.
It might help if they smiled when they told me the repair would be $2000.

4. A few days before I took my Mercedes to a different shop and the experience was so very different. It was a five star experience.

Chuck H.
Toyota Venza
01/11/2018 Category: Service
Chuck said the business lacked the attention for detail. He said the work order specified anti-corrosion for the battery, and the tire pressures were to be checked. None of this was done.

SL
Seth L.
Valley Center, CA
12/07/2017 Category: Service
Seth said Triple A referred him to this business to get his battery replaced. He had to wait 2 to 3 hours for service without an appointment. The business didn't carry Triple A batteries unless he bought one of the interstate batteries, so he didn't end up having service there. The staff was nice and they seemed really organized.

EH
Emma H.
10/17/2017 Category: Service
Emma said she took her vehicle in a while ago but the air conditioner is still not working. She has to take the vehicle back in. The staff were very considerate and accommodating. They were able to help her out in more than one way.

Mark W.
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
09/20/2017
Fluid Changes
Had the transmission fluid and front/rear differential fluids changed. Was given an estimate of $460. Was called later and told there is no drain plugs on either differential and more labor would be needed. My 2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty Powerstroke can't be the first one requesting this service. As it turned out, the work was more expensive than the dealers estimate of $525 My bill was a shade under $600. This is not enough to keep me from returning but it is a disappointing as this should have been a very simple job to estimate. Your response is requested

BE
Bob E.
Carlsbad, CA
09/19/2017
Water pump replace
Good work, expensive. Investigating prices after the fact it appears that parts prices were approximately doubled.

Sharon H.
08/26/2017
Rude service
I felt belittled by the guy that helped me. I felt I was bothering him by being there and waiting in the waiting room. I have had better service in the past but not this time.

San Jacinto, CA
Nissan Versa Note
09/07/2019
Very Professional But A little Show In Giving Customer Updates
They were generally very professional. It did take them 5 days to get to my car but a weekend and holiday was mostly the reason. I liked the discounted diagnostic fee for AAA members. They easily handed my car over to AAA to be transported back to my home area. The only negative was that they were slow in giving me updates on the status of my vehicle.

EL
Enrique L.
Volkswagen Routan
08/30/2019
Excellent management, customer service, and mechanical service... honest folks. Poor AAA discount.
Four out of five stars because of poor AAA discount. Broken down in Escondido, I asked AAA for a tow to VW dealership for transmission evaluation. AAA said they would be happy to take the Routan to VW dealership, but recommended a AAA certified repair shop. Selling that recommendation, AAA said West Escondido Automotive & Transmission had reliable and trusted service, great pricing and AAA discount. Oh, AAA discount? The only AAA discount I have experience have be vacation trip discounts and traveling hotel/motel discounts...which have proven to be great deals. So I was glad to allow your repair shop to repair my car. But, after billing, I was disappointed at the $50 discount on a $5000 repair bill. That is a 1% discount, a one-percent bill savings.

Shame on AAA for proudly highlighting a one-percent discount selling point. Four stars out five because I am disappointed with you for offering a one-percent discount and thinking that will bring in AAA customers for auto repair.

Cc: AAA
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 09/02/2019

Enrique,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for your trust in us and allowing us to service and repair your vehicle, it means a lot to myself and the whole West Automotive Group. I do apologize about the discount disappointment, the discounts are set by AAA. I am here to help in any way I can if you would like to discuss fuirther please give me a call at your convenience at 760-741-0071, Brian Bowersock

Ramon M.
Kia Soul
08/24/2019
professional and AAA certified
They looked at my car after a free 40 point inspection and pointed out some maintenance issues and so I went ahead and did some of the work and will bring it back for the other repairs also the cost was less than the dealership.

GA
Glen A.
08/16/2019
Great Service, but a bit expensive.
Great service by Matt. The fee is a bit too steep though.