Nissan Sentra
02/09/2019
Inspection?
I came in for a routine oil change. Inspections come standard with any service. The last time I was in they reccomended several things to be done, so when I came in this time, the same recommended services were on my print out. The technician tried to tell me that services were still recommended, even though I had replaced parts myself. It just goes to show you cant trust mechanics to tell the truth. They will try to nickle and dime you to death.

Aside from that, they are always really nice and polite.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 02/11/2019

Thank you for reaching out, Seems there may be some confusion caused by the fact we did not send you your vehicle inspection, we apparently dropped the ball by not supplying you with the Electronic Inspection of your vehicle. I checked the Inspection this morning and the Technician did not recommend Wiper Blades as I believe you are referring to. The service Professional / Consultant Chris that was helping you in the office should have removed the recommendation after reviewing the Technicians inspection, as they were no longer being recommended. I sincerely apologize as Chris dropped the Ball by not sending you the copy of the Inspection and then not removing the recommendation. It is our goal to always provide you with the highest level service, we perform our inspections 100% and would never recommend UN need repairs or service. This was a breakdown of communication internally and externally on our part. Please accept my sincerely apology! – Brian Bowersock. I would be happy to call and speak with you if there is a convenient time to do so, please let me know.   760-741-0071

Al M.
Bonsall, CA
Ford Expedition
04/13/2018
They have a good reputation, but not sure if I will be back.
1. When I scheduled the appointment I was not told that the car needed to stay all day. Thus, I had no means to return home and I had to rent a car. I could have arranged for a ride if my appointment was on another and day and I was told it would be there two days.

2. When I picked up my car, it appeared the outside was washed??, but the interior had grease on the steering wheel and side door handle. I didn't notice the grease until I looked at my hands. My hands were covered with grease and on the way driving the car home, it was necessary for me to stop and clean the steering wheel and wash my hands...they were soooo dirty. The paper napkin I used was very greasy.

3, The fellas at the counter were not customer friendly or very pleasant, either.
It might help if they smiled when they told me the repair would be $2000.

4. A few days before I took my Mercedes to a different shop and the experience was so very different. It was a five star experience.

CJ
Carlton J.
Vista, CA
02/01/2018
Old customer very disappointed
Very disapointed in what transpired. I called and explained the problem with the vehicle and was told to come down and they would get me in. Again i explained that tune check engine light was on and the diagnosis was P0030 egine code and just needed it fixed. i dropped the truck off at 9am and at 11:30 called to get an update. i was told that they started the diagonsis but had to got to lunch and they would update me when he got back. Again i called at 1:15 and asked for an update and got that they had just got back from lunc 2 hours latter and still had no news. I then called back at 3pm to aks for an update and got all kinds of talk about what was going on but bottom line they still did not know and now the truck had to cool down for an hour and then they could diagnosis it. This would have put a pickup time assuming they found it at 4:30-5pm to late for me so just picked my truck up paid the $99.00 for a diagnosis i had already told them waht it was. Taking my truck somewhere else at this point

BW
Bill W.
Nissan NV
01/20/2018
Not what I expected
I didn't feel important as a new customer. I was asked to have my delivery truck there first thing in the morning and then they didn't look at it until much later.The call was also very high pressure, I needed everything but didn't know anything about what I had asked you to do the transmission slipping. I finally got your call related to the work I wanted and was told low on fluid and should have service done. I gave the approval reluctantly as it had just had that same service 25,000 miles ago. ($250.00) down the drain. Got a call later that afternoon and was told I need a new cooler line for the transmission another $100 bucks and had to order, Would take 2 days and the weekend was here so wanted to keep the truck over the weekend until sometime Monday. I know these guys want to do a good job but I won't be back to bad nice shop. You need to change your radio ad to something like bring your wallet and leave your car for a few days.We get to you when we can

Chuck H.
Toyota Venza
01/11/2018 Category: Service
Chuck said the business lacked the attention for detail. He said the work order specified anti-corrosion for the battery, and the tire pressures were to be checked. None of this was done.

Mark W.
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
09/20/2017
Fluid Changes
Had the transmission fluid and front/rear differential fluids changed. Was given an estimate of $460. Was called later and told there is no drain plugs on either differential and more labor would be needed. My 2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty Powerstroke can't be the first one requesting this service. As it turned out, the work was more expensive than the dealers estimate of $525 My bill was a shade under $600. This is not enough to keep me from returning but it is a disappointing as this should have been a very simple job to estimate. Your response is requested

Sharon H.
08/26/2017
Rude service
I felt belittled by the guy that helped me. I felt I was bothering him by being there and waiting in the waiting room. I have had better service in the past but not this time.

Joseph R.
08/23/2017
Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not happy
First my Jeep was tested for fracked block or head gasket failure and my first call was to report how expensive an engine rebuild would cost. I brought the Jeep in to diagnose a high idle. Next the Idle Air Control Valve was inspected and needed replacement. The bill. $500. Wow. So I wasn't happy with either the block test or the bill for a replaced IACV.

Steve S.
San Marcos, CA
05/30/2017 Category: Service
Steve said their work was of poor quality and he will never go to them again.

RO
Richard O.
11/08/2019
Glad you were there
My 22 year old Honda broke down and was making a metal on metal screeching sound. At the same time, the temperature indicator was in the red zone. I shut off the engine and had the car towed to West Automotive in Escondido. My biggest fear was that after over 250,000 I'd have to get a new car...down payment, car payments, huge insurance premiums would come along with a new car. I'm glad to say that the car is now humming along. The repairs cost about $200 less than the price I was initially quoted. Everyone I spoke with at West Automotive was accommodating, informative and friendly. Thanks for being there!!!

Vista, CA
11/06/2019
the way they treat you
you always feel that they listen to your concerns.

Dave S.
Valley Center, CA
10/29/2019
Fair, honest, reasonable
I had a nice but neglected pickup that hadn't been started for a couple of years, that I wanted put back in perfect running order. This was done quickly, efficiently, and truthfully. They explained all findings and proposed remedies, including those they felt were mandatory vs. optional.

It wasn't cheap but it was very reasonable for the services rendered, and I am extremely happy with the results.

Selwyn W.
Oceanside, CA
10/25/2019
Took my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 MegaCab in for leaking Water pump. They did a 49 point inspection and found a bent Brake line, Manifold bolts missing and fixed everything to OEM Spects. I am very happy with the job they did.Thanks Matt and Brian.

San Clemente, CA
10/24/2019
Professional and trustworthy
The staff is outstanding.

Ruthie M.
10/18/2019
These folks are great
These guys are on top of all the new stuff. My 2015 Subaru Forester is equipped with hardware and software to keep up with a safe road environmen, including the EyeSight system. With many years in software engineering, I know that to really mess up a system requires having complex software in it. Jerry tracked my EyeSight problem down with Subaru design engineers, and it did not surprise me that a system reboot was required. The shop has the talent and the resources to get the job done. Thanks, Jerry!

John R.
San Marcos, CA
10/09/2019
Smog repairs done right
Went to this shop to get smog repairs done correctly so I could register my car. All the work was explained clearly. It was a lot of costs to pay but it needed to be done. I was updated on the repairs daily. Would recommend for smog repairs to others.

FC
Frankie C.
10/08/2019
Thankyou!
Thankyou for taking care of the oxygen sensor, and for replacing the spark plugs. My check engine light was on, and you took care of the issues that were related to that. As you always do, you checked thoroughly and took care of what was needed. I am very grateful that you knew what needed to done, and you took care of it. Thank you!

David G.
10/06/2019
Straight forward and honest.
Provide easy to understand information about what repairs need to be done, which can be postponed and what maintenance will be required in the future.

Jeff C.
Cadillac Escalade ESV
10/05/2019
Great and Honest Service
All are courteous and Honest. Came in with concerns over a couple issues with my 2008 Escalade and Tim recommended a diagnostics Test for $99 we found the problem and this saved me big $$$$$. If you want honest and fast service West Automotive is the place to take your vehicle.

10/04/2019