Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

JIM M.
Chevrolet Avalanche
09/22/2019
Bad installation
2005 Chevy avalanche. Replace knock sensors. I supplied parts. Installer overtightened and broke both sensors. No guarantee because I supplied parts. So, now I’m out $450.00 labor charge and have to do this job myself. Very disappointed!
Do not provide your own parts on high labor dollar jobs!!! You may end up like me
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 09/23/2019

I am sorry for the inconvenience however the parts you supplied were cheap Chinese copied knock sensors from Amazon which you yourself admitted were junk and you replaced them with the correct AC Delco parts. Yes we do not provide a warranty for customer supplied parts and you were told that up front and this is exactly why. We will be changing our policy on that going forward. To correct your statement about paying $450, that was the total cost of your invoice. We charged you $288 with one gallon of anti-freeze plus tax to replace your knock sensors and harness. The rest of the invoice was for a separate diagnosis and repair of an evap system leak and smoke test to find it.

DAN W.
BMW 135i
10/02/2018
Tires
I don’t see any new stick on weights or any area of the rim that was cleaned to put any stick on weights reflecting that the tires were spin balanced. I can’t imagine they both balanced perfectly. I don’t have a place on your site here to post a picture of the rins. You charged me $30. I’m going to take it to Jason at Abernethy and then report back to you guys what he says. I have to rat you a one for this visit because because I don’t know If the tires were balanced
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 10/10/2018

I am sorry you feel that way and distrust us enough to go to another shop to verify our work. I reviewed our shop video camera's and your wheels were absolutely balanced. One wheel did not take any weight and balanced out correctly. I would recommend calling us in the future for clarification rather than assuming.

John S.
01/05/2016
Engine failure
The engine failed 100 miles after oil and filter change. 2002 Chrysler Sebring with 88,000 miles. They claimed the cooling system was leaking. What I saw evoperated antifreeze around the air bleed on the top of the engine. They were trying to sell me some thing that was not needed! Replament remanufactured engine will cost $3200.. I wound not recommend this vendor.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 01/06/2016

Customer came into shop for the first time and requested a Mobil 1 oil change which we performed. We had no previous maintenance records on this vehicle. Engine apparently had failed after our service but was not brought to our shop so we could only speculate. Customer accused us of over filling his oil causing the engine failure.(5qts were installed as required fill amount from Chrysler which is on his receipt) His vehicle "was" low on coolant and had a coolant leak and he declined topping off cooling system which I pointed out to him after he accused us of damaging his engine. I since have contacted the shop where his vehicle is currently at and they informed me the timing chain had failed and no final analysis had been done yet.

Chrysler had a class action lawsuit against them for premature engine failure due to defective timing chain design on 98-2003 2.7ltr engines. Click on link below.

With no previous maintenance records, verifying we filled the engine with the correct amount of oil and engine tendency for timing chain failures, we concluded that we were not liable for this engine failure. If customer would like we could submit a claim to Exxon/ Mobil's engine warranty department for further assistance on analyzing why timing chain had failed, however all maintenance records would be required to proceed.

BC
BARRY C.
Fiat 500
06/07/2015
missed primary idea of inspection
Brought Fiat in for a safety inspection. Got new spark plugs & ck engine light out....forgot to safety inspect
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 06/11/2015

As per our phone conversation, we could not inspect the vehicle after we corrected the check engine light problem. When codes are cleared in the computer, it resets all emissions data and vehicle needs to be driven for at least 50 miles before a State inspection can be done. There was also another code in the system that we could not verify a problem with so we recommended driving the vehicle to see if the code would reset. I am sorry for any confusion that may have caused and always, we appreciate your business!

STEPHEN S.
Toyota Land Cruiser
02/28/2014
Failed Safety Inspection
My issue was that I had clearly explained the hi-beam switch issue prior to the inspection and inquired the pass/fail criteria on this item. I was told that this issue by itself would not 'fail' the inspection but then it certainly did. I would have had the switch repaired prior to inspection had it been made clear to me that the partially functioning switch would result in a failure. The way this played out suggests to me that WLAAT failed the inspection with an eye towards collecting the fee for the much more expensive switch replacement service.

02/28/2014
Failed Safety Inspection
Very disappointing that the WLAAT inspector chose to fail my vehicle for inspection due to a high-beam switch issue. The high beams worked fine when the flash lever was pulled but would not when switched to the constant on position. What valid safety concern would this pose? None, absolutely none - yet this inspector chose to fail the vehicle for this one silly reason. Very disappointing.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 03/04/2014

I am sorry Mr Strezeski that you are disappointed however you are asking us to pass your vehicle illegally and overlook a requried component to pass a NC State Inspection. In the NC DMV Inspector Guide page 41 under article 19A NCAC 03D .0533 Lights; line (d) it states Headlights shall not be approved if "The high beam low beam dimmer switch does not operate properly or the high beam indicator light does not burn on vehicles manufactured after Jan 1956". Your dimmer switch on your vehicle worked in the "flash" mode but would not turn on the high beams when the dimmer switch was pushed forward. This constitutes a failure. If you disagree I would encourage you to call NC DMV at 1877-421-0020 and advise them that you feel that we illegally failed your vehicle and they will take the proper action if neccessary. Thank you for your time.

Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 03/06/2014

The vehicle inspection was in progress when you inquired about your high beam switch not working correctly and it is up to the "inspector" to pass of fail a vehicle. The inspector himself is responsible for his own license and fines,not the service writer. You can take the vehicle any where you choose to have the high beam switch replaced so we do not fail vehicles illegally to force our customers to have us do the repairs. Your inspection was done properly according to the NC DMV law and I am sorry you do not understand.

VB
Vincent B.
Statesville, NC
10/16/2013 Category: Service
Vincent said he was not happy with his overall experience because the prices were so expensive. Due to the high prices he will not recommend this business for service and will never go back.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 10/18/2013

We are sorry we could not accomodate your price expectation. We appreciate you giving us the oportunity and wish you luck on finding a shop that will give you a better value.

Randall R.
NC
09/27/2012
They suck!!! Period
When you change the oil that means you put new oil in the motor!
They are simply liars and will take every dime they can get for you,
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 09/28/2012
Customer stated car was towed in with locked up engine and no oil or coolant in it. We did four wheel brake job and oil change. 24 hours video camera showed us putting oil in vehicle and it was "DRIVEN" in by customer, "NOT TOWED IN". Thermostat failed causing car to overheat and customer believes this was our fault. I have video to prove the truth. Doubt customer does. Look forward to threatened legal action.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 09/28/2012
No problem was found with engine before or after service. Engine was not locked up. Oil was full. Replacing a bad cooling system thermostat was all that was needed. Vehicle was test driven two times after oil change and brake job. Vehicle was also driven to and from shop by owner after service. (all on video).

SR
STEVE R.
Sherrills Ford, NC
Toyota Sequoia
11/17/2019
Loction
Although the work was done on my tires that was requested they did not address my warning light issue. When i went to pick it up , Chris was not there. The attendant on duty was scattered and did not have the information to answer my questions. The tech was not there that did the work and no notes were left for anyone to explain what was or was not done to address the indicator that was still on. Lots of people waiting for their vehicles and this one question sent the place into a tail spin. We will see if I receive a follow up call to explain.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 11/20/2019

I am very sorry for the poor communication. Completely our fault. Saturdays are a courtesy day for our customers to pick up and drop off vehicles and to get simple services performed. We do not have our full staff and Chris and my technician were scheduled off that Saturday. We did drop the ball on getting you the correct information about why your tire pressure sensor light was on. I did inform you that we needed the vehicle driven to see if the light would go out as some vehicles need to pick up the new pressure readings after it has been corrected. If the light did not go out it meant we had to get into diagnostics of the system, which I believe is where we are at. Chris has reached out to you on the phone and we are waiting for the vehicle to be dropped off.  Again I apologize. We had a long staff meeting to assure we don't make this mistake again. Thank you for your patience.

Jason W.
Rock Hill, SC
12/01/2015 Category: Service
Jason said he is not happy with this facility. As he was driving by, he saw an advertised special and took his vehicle into the business at that time. He had it serviced and was charged $10 more than the advertised special. He inquired why he was being charged the extra amount and was informed that he should have requested the special upon entry. He was unhappy the advertised special amount was not honored.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 12/04/2015

We are very sorry that happened. We offer six different levels of oil change services with different quality levels of oil. We misunderstood your request that you wanted the economy oil change. Again I am sorry and will make sure it does not happen again.

DARRELL B.
Candler, NC
07/24/2015
Not impressed.
Visit took way too long.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 08/04/2015

I appoligize for not getting your vehicle done in a timely fashion.  Thank you for your feedback.

EB
EVA B.
07/04/2015
Great Atmosphere, but no.
my husband brought in my car for an oil change. apparently, you all took the oil out of my car and did not have any to replace it. you all had run out. I feel like since my husband was waiting patiently (what else could he do? he couldn't leave) and didn't gripe, you all took the opportunity to tack on some extra "services" - hoping he, again, would just sit patiently and wait. My car had JUST been inspected two weeks prior, but somehow my tag light and a tail light both had gone out since then? so you all "fixed" that, without showing him they were out. after leaving him in the waiting room for an hour, because you RAN OUT OF OIL? I feel like you took advantage of my husbands niceness. I truly believe that neither of my lights were out, and that is something you all say to add on a few extra bucks. I'll never be able to prove it, but feeling like this will keep me and my family's automobiles out of your shop. We had been coming for years, but I feel like you are just like ANY other car place - so I'm on to finding a new one that I feel comfortable with.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 07/06/2015

I would first like to apologize for not having your husbands oil filter in stock and not getting him done in a timely fashion. We were not out of oil, we did not have his oil filter which we ran out to the auto part store immediately and picked it up. As far as changing bulbs that were not out. We have a 24 hour surveillance camera running and you are more then welcome to come by and review the footage with me. In 30,421 invoices (your actual invoice number) you are the first customer to accuse our shop of ripping you off by changing bulbs that were not out. I would advise you and your husband to look through our 20 foot bay window in the waiting room peering into our shop if you feel we are being dishonest. That is why it is there. I would also suggest before you make accusations of being ripped off, when you were not even in our shop that day, I would suggest researching "all" the facts before assuming. I wish you luck on your quest of finding a better shop but we do appreciate you taking the time to leave the feedback!

SV
Silvia V.
Ford Expedition
02/04/2015 Category: Service
Sylvia said she was not happy with the estimate given at the business. She was told the business does charge for estimates then she was told that they do not. She would not recommend the business for the reasons stated.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 02/07/2015

I am sorry for the confusion but you are mistaking diagnostics and "Free Estimates". Your vehicle came in with a brake light on in the instrument cluster and we advised you that if it was related to the ABS system we would have to charge for diagnostics. We offered to take a quick look and as it turned out your brake pressure switch under the hood was disconnected and leaking brake fluid. We gave you a" free estimate" and diagnosed your brake light for free but you did not return for the service. I am not sure exactly what you are not happy with?

JAKE T.
06/07/2013
Costly+ Inattentive Lackluster Service
The synthetic oil change I purchased seemed to be priced higher than what I have paid in the past at other establishments; in addition, the service writer not only failed to inquire as to what weight oil I would prefer, but also began pitching a transmission service to me for an Automatic Trans, when my vehicle is a manual. I am also displeased that my trip odometer was reset without my consent, as I track travel miles to and from my place of employment, and even after i informed the service writer that the key to my wheel locks was in the trunk of my car I noticed that the technician fumbled through my glove box anyway and it was still in disarray when I opened it up. I am suitably un-impressed with this establishment and I will not return in the future nor will i recommend them to anyone.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 06/11/2013
I would like address your complaints in order and apologize for where I feel we were wrong and explain where I feel we were not. #1. As far as price for our synthetic oil changes, we offer a lower priced "full” synthetic oil change for $20 less and you did not choose that option. All Synthetic oils and oil filters are not the same, nor are the prices. #2. My service writer does not recommend weight of oils. The technician pulls the vehicle into the bay and looks up the correct weight oil for your year, make and engine size and that's what goes in it unless otherwise requested. #3. We do not “pitch” transmission flushes. We recommend the same factory required maintenance that the manufacturer of your vehicle created when they built your vehicle and we encourage you to look in your owner’s manual and educate yourself with it before accusing service repair shops of trying to sell you something that you don't need. #4. My service writer "Did" make the mistake of not realizing that your car had a manual transmission and he apologized to you when you were here. However, regardless of automatic or manual transmissions, fluid replacement is required based on the mileage of the vehicle. The recommendation to service your transmission was still correct. #5. The trip meter was reset to zero by accident while my technician was checking your vehicle for an oil change reminder reset. We did not bring that to your attention and that was our fault and I "do" apologize sincerely for that. #6. We do check condition of Cabin Air Filters (free of charge) and they are located behind the glove box and it needs to be removed in order to do this. Occasionally papers fall out of the glove box and we do not get them back in exact order. This too is totally our fault and I do apologize for that as well. I thank you for your time to give us this valuable feedback and I would offer to make it up to you, however based on your comments, it sounds like you have already made your decision. I thank you for giving us a try!

KEVIN B.
11/28/2011
Poor Customer Service
Don' t really care about the customer, just the money they bring.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 12/06/2011
We would like to thank you for visiting our service center. We were happy that we could accomodate your request to mount & balance your used tires as this is not something we normally do as a New Tire Dealer. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied but hope you would give us another opportunity in the future. Respectfully, Michael Thyen (owner)

ROCKY H.
Dodge Nitro
09/26/2018
good
had work done and seems fixed ...but i also ask them to check my tire and fix it cause it had been leaking down for 3 weeks now and they only put air in it when i got it home it was low again 20psi
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 09/27/2018

I am sorry we could not find the slow leak in your tire. We checked tire pressures on all 4 wheels and they were all low. We set them  to spec and checked the left front valve stem with soap and water and it was not leaking at the time.We visually insected that tire also and found no obvious punctures. The next step would be to remove the tire from the rim and look inside. We were getting no signal from the tire pressure monitor on that wheel as well so the battery in that sensor is getting weak and we recommend replacing the sensor. Again I am sorry for your displeasure but bring the vehicle back and we will look inside the tire to see what we can find.

Cody W.
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Cody said this business was working on his vehicle and he needed extra work done. They were going to charge him an extra 2.5 hours of labor, so he did the work himself and gave it back to them.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 01/18/2018

I am sorry that you are dissapointed that we have to charge labor for what we do.

Donald L.
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Donald said he took his vehicle to the business for an alignment. He said it was a very long wait.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 12/30/2017

Your appointment was for 8:00am and our records show we checked you out at 8.55am. I am sorry we could not satisfy your time requirements. Saturdays are a very busy day.

Jennifer S.
Iron Station, NC
10/30/2017 Category: Service
Jennifer said her most recent visit was troubling. The mechanics told her that the vehicle's water pump and radiator needed to be replaced. However, once the work was done she had to have it towed and taken it back again 2 more times. The staff kept her vehicle for awhile and told her there was a problem with the head gasket. She's spent $2,300 on the repairs.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 11/10/2017

We apologise for any inconvenience however cylinder head gasket failures come from severe over heating. You can not diagnose a leaking head gasket or over heating problem with a leaking cooling system. The water pump was leaking heavily and the radiator had damage to the filler neck area which was causing the initial over heating. After they were replaced the vehicle did not over heat and later on it started to. After the vehicle came back in a few times we were finally able to get an accurate head gasket chemical test done which confirmed hydrocarbons in the cooling system. Again we apologise that it took longer to diagnose it properly.

JON M.
Sherrills Ford, NC
Chevrolet Pickup
01/12/2017
A little expensive but they got me in right away
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 01/13/2017

I am sorry you feel that way. Just FYI our oil change prices are cheaper then Walmart with faster service. Thank you for still taking the time to give us a 3 star review inspite of not being happy with our prices.

BC
BARRY C.
Fiat 500
05/15/2016
quick services
Left a trouble light on f the tires. It came on during last visit.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 05/17/2016

As per our phone conversation, the vehicle was in for a State Inspection only and a low tire pressure light does not fail. We were not asked to check the low tire pressure light however our technician "did" check and correct the tire the pressure free of charge (as noted on your receipt) and the service writer instructed you that if the light did not go out that there is fault with the TPMS system and it needs further diagnostics.