Overall Rating 4.2500038/5Overall Rating 4.2500038/5Overall Rating 4.2500038/5Overall Rating 4.2500038/5rating 4.2500038
Overall Rating 2.23077/5Overall Rating 2.23077/5rating 2.23077rating 2.23077rating 2.23077

Continue reading recommended reviews

Kevin M.
Saint Johns, FL
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Buyer Beware
My Daughter and I went to the used car dealership at WestSide Hyundai on Cassatt Avenue 07/14/2019 to test drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited for my daughter. The Sales Assistant Jamal Blakeney was very professional and courteous. The vehicle I wanted to test drive price was listed at approximately $8600. I did my homework first thru Carfax and discovered the car had previously been in 2 car accidents. Not a concern to me if things were repaired accordingly. To my surprise, the sales assistant was not aware of the accidents until I showed him my CarFax Report. I told them I wanted to take the car to my mechanic and body shop guy to make things checked out. The GM James Holloway IV had no issue. He said we could do that under a "We Owe". Meaning, if things checked out to my satisfaction, I would purchase the vehicle at the agreed upon price.
Going backwards in time, March 2019, I bought my daughter her first Elantra. May 2019 of this year as she was backing out of a car space at Target another car backed into her. Long story short - Insurance company declared it a loss.
Her first Elantra was similar to the one at West Side Hyundai and was identical year make and model. The selling price on her first Hyundai was $6900. After negotiating with James Halloway, we agreed to purchase the other car from West Side for $7000 before all the extra add ons. I received the final papers from the finance manager and saw they were charging me $899 "Doc Fee". Which, if you do the math comparably to this cars value is 13% of the current car value. Are you kidding me?
Examples: I purchased a 2015 fully loaded AWD Buick La Crosse for $26,998. The Doc Fee was $399 which represents 1.4% of the cars value. My daughters first Elantra Doc Fee was $199.50 which is 3% of the cars value. I read the FL statute and understand if you charge one customer you must charge all. However, according to West Side Hyundai the fee is set and is negotiable. There fee is $899.
As an FYI, I am an Operations Manager for the biggest Auto Finance lender in the country. Never have I ever seen such gross negligence and customer abuse.
RICHARD R L., Service Manager from Westside Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Kevin,

You have dealt directly with our General Manager, James.  He is always available, as I am fi you would like to see if there is any path to resolve your concerns.

My contact information is listed below.

Regards,

Richard Lupo
Westside Hyundai
rlupo@hananiaautos.com
904-384-0050

2013 Hyundai Tucson
04/24/2019 Category: Service
Poor
It took over 6 months for a new engine to be put in my vehicle. My vehicle engine went out 10/17/2018. I did not get my vehicle back until 04/19/2019.

2015 Hyundai Tucson
04/22/2019 Category: Service
THE PLACE WAS CLEAN AND WELL FITTED OUT AS A SHOP
I an very disiappointed in this TUSCON, FOR 2015 the back end feels like a tin can full of nails and rattles all the time

I will not be buying another one when this paid for
Mike C

2013 Hyundai Genesis

PP
Paulette P.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/14/2019 Category: Service
It toke three days to get my car repair
Very poor service and not being truthful to the Customer

SK
Santasia K.

Barry M.
2017 Hyundai Accent
04/28/2018 Category: Service
Terrible sales and service
The sales personnel did not provide any info about car features. The service personnel damaged my car.
JOHN K., Service Director from Westside Hyundai responded on 04/30/2018

I apologize to hear about your recent service. Im glad to hear that we finally got the seat cleaned to your satisfaction. If there is anything I can do to help in the futher please reach out to me.

John Keester
Service Director

PB
Pamela B.
03/11/2018 Category: Service
Great!! Until warranty expired...
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I love the car and I haven't had any issues... That is, until I hit 100,000 miles. Now, the steering column is having issues - the car is shaking horribly, the paint is fading - white patches in spots (clear coat peeling). On a red car that looks pretty bad. Brakes are gone - I expect to have to replace the brake pads, but how does everything happen at 7,000 miles past the warranty? So of course nothing is covered.
JOHN K., Service Director from Westside Hyundai responded on 03/12/2018

I apologize that your vehicle needs some maintenance and repairs. If there is anything that I can do to assist with getting these done please let me know and I will.

John Keester