Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5rating 3.5rating 3.5
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
John C. ReScore Review on 06/16/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Happy with repairs"
Thanks for fixing the problems I had after my previous visit. I'm satisfied with the repairs now. Thanks for all the printouts you provided. I'm keeping an eye on the oil now.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016 04:23 PM

"Questionable service......."
After my last service I started having trouble with my power steering. I thought it was just the new belt but it got worse. When I checked under the hood I found that the power steering fluid container had not been reattached and was flopping around empty and rubbing on the new belt. I reattached the container filled it with fluid and it works fine now but I think it leaks now I just had to refill it. My engine oil started coming on whenever I turned a corner. It started getting worse so I checked the oil today and found nothing on the stick. What's up Ben? Am I missing something or is this what I think?
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016 04:23 PM
Ben B. at Wrench Auto Service responded on 06/16/2016

Hi John,

I am very sorry for the hassle of having a problem with your Honda right after we fixed it. I hope our follow up and warranty repairs are acceptable. Thank you for your business and thank you for contacting me about the problem with the repairs that were performed.
Sincerely,

Ben Beere - Wrench Auto Service

Ted K. ReScore Review on 08/27/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Got your VM"
Yes I got your message and I didn't see the point in calling you back. I know it's hard to give someone an estimate without seeing the damage.

Once I had your estimate though I felt I couldn't go else where without paying you for the inspection and then having them do the work. That would have probably cost me more than your quote so I had you do the work. Yes I made an assumption, that's on me.

You did what you said you were going to at the price you quoted me and it wasn't over inflated. Thank you!
Am I very happy or very satisfied? No
Was I impressed with your staff or their treatment of me? No
Can I recommend your place? Maybe I don't get that as an option. Sorry
Will I come back? ...
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 08/21/2013
Review Created: 08/23/2013 02:35 PM

"Just not happy"
When the estimate for $300 the total bill should be for $800 without warning. They could have given us a worse case scenario estimate then there wouldn't have been a surprise ending.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 08/21/2013
Review Created: 08/23/2013 02:35 PM
Ben B. at Wrench Auto Service responded on 08/27/2013

Ted,  I am sorry you feel this way and sometimes it can be difficult to give an accurate estimate without physically seeing the vehicle first.
When you called and requested a price quote, over the phone, for replacing the rear brake pads & rotors, I did not know the rear brake calipers were seized and the rear brake hoses were badly cracked. Once we inspected the brake system, I called you with the updated information before performing any repairs. You then gave me verbal authorization to complete the repairs.
I have tried contacting you via phone to discuss this matter, but had to leave a VM message. Please contact me if you are having any problems with your brakes or if you have any further questions about the repairs.

Thank you very much for your business.

Ben Beere

Kristi O. on 12/04/2017
"Good service, but the $40 price tag for 'labor' to read the error code on my check engine light was rather surprising."
Good service, but the $40 price tag for 'labor' to read the error code on my check engine light was rather surprising. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 11/20/2017
Review Created: 12/04/2017 01:29 PM
Jay M E. on 11/30/2017
"Jay's oil change"
When I brought my car in for an oil change, the staff was ready to do the service as I arrived. The service was performed in a timely and courteous manner.
I will return for any more service that is needed.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 11/29/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017 07:47 AM
Johnny M. on 11/30/2017
Johnny said he has visited this business for years and they always do a great job.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 11/27/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017
Cody L. on 11/28/2017
Cody said the business provided timely service, and they communicated well. They were good and honest.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy
Service Date: 11/21/2017
Review Created: 11/28/2017
Mike S. on 11/20/2017
Mike said this business provided great service. The staff had a great approach.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 11/13/2017
Review Created: 11/20/2017
R Q. on 11/16/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Excellent service"
Reid has been taking care of my daughters car(s) for the last several years. I don't live in the Madison area so when my daughter moved there we lucked out and she starting taking her vehicle here for oil changes and other maintenance issues. Reid does a super great job, always explains everything in a manner you can understand, good prices, they have gone out of their way to get her ( she has owned 3 different cars) car in to fix it on several occasions. I would highly recommend wrench it Auto to anyone in that area. Nice guys always helpful, go out of their way for the customer- you just don't find that at many businesses anymore now a days!
Service Date: 11/14/2017
Review Created: 11/16/2017 02:41 AM
Brad F. on 11/14/2017
Brad said he was happy with the business, and the service was timely.
Vehicle: Saturn VUE
Service Date: 10/17/2017
Review Created: 11/14/2017
Al K. on 11/13/2017
Al said the service on his tires was good but the vehicle rides too hard.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 11/06/2017
Review Created: 11/13/2017
Gale S. on 11/11/2017
Gale said this business took care of him and did the work when he needed it done.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Cutlass
Service Date: 11/08/2017
Review Created: 11/11/2017
Travis L. on 11/11/2017
Travis said the mechanics are really great. He can drop his vehicle off while he's at work and they get it done by the time he needs to pick it up.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 11/03/2017
Review Created: 11/11/2017
Eve M. on 10/27/2017
"No complaints."
Efficient. Trustworthy. Explanatory. I have been taking my car to Wrench for a number of years with complete satisfaction.
Vehicle: Kia Spectra
Service Date: 10/26/2017
Review Created: 10/27/2017 05:53 AM
Sarah H. on 10/24/2017
Sarah said the service was really good. The employees went over her estimate really well.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 10/20/2017
Review Created: 10/24/2017
Amy Y. on 10/23/2017
Amy said Ben was very knowledgeable, straight forward and matter of fact. She appreciated not being lectured regarding vehicle maintenance.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 10/18/2017
Review Created: 10/23/2017
Daniel N. on 10/21/2017
"High customer focus!"
Ben and Reid are incredibly accommodating to my schedule and the service is fast but thorough...
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 10/20/2017
Review Created: 10/21/2017 05:38 AM
Tim M. on 10/19/2017
"Great Service!"
Ben and Reid always put service first. I appreciate how well they communicate and reach out to provide updates while they have your car in for service or repair. I've referred friends and would recommend Wrench to anyone who is looking for high quality mechanics with a great customer service approach.
Vehicle: MINI Cooper Hardtop
Service Date: 10/18/2017
Review Created: 10/19/2017 09:29 AM
Mark H. on 10/18/2017
"Nice Work!"
But that is common place. Thanks!
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 10/17/2017
Review Created: 10/18/2017 08:11 PM
Marc M. on 10/16/2017
Marc said they were prompt and they took care of his issue right away. They were pleasant to work with.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 10/06/2017
Review Created: 10/16/2017
David S. on 10/13/2017
"Competent and customer orien"
Came in with a problem and no appointment. Wrench personnel took care of it in competent and personal manner.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 350