Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5

Albert M.
Layton, UT
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
10/20/2020 Category: Service
Been taking my sonata here for a while and it is great that the service never changes and I get the best treatment every time.
Taylor M. from Young Hyundai responded on 10/20/2020

Albert, we are so happy that our service team always takes such great care of you! Thanks for thinking Young!

Kylee H.
Roy, UT
10/18/2020
Engine
I have a 2011 hyundai sonata. There has been several recalls due to the engines. My car has had 2 brand new engines in it. My current engine has 21,000 miles on it. It started overheating and making a roaring noise when in idle. I called and told the lady it sounds like it is coming from my engine. I was told they was a week wait. I waited the week to get in and when my car went back they said my engine is fine and did my oil change. I went and asked one of the service guys where my car was and they said in the wash bay. I asked what they found wrong with it and he said my ac was leaking. (Yes it was but that wasn't the issue) they said that's all that's wrong with my car according to the technician notes. I told them that's not the only issue and I wanted the mechanic to look at it. The mechanic "looked at it". In the mechanics report he stated he visually looked at my engine and head gasket. I had asked them 3 times to check my pressure to my head gasket. Instead of inspecting my engine physically, he only visually inspected it. My car is still making the same noise and is now starting to stall. I've been down this road 2 times before and know what the engine sounds like before it blows. I am trying to prevent my engine from blowing up by having the mechanic look at it and check pressures (which he never check the pressure). Hyundai switched the engines to a life time warranty now because there were too many BRAND NEW engines still blowing up. I loved hyundai until this last experience I had when the tech didn't catch on to my radiator fan being broken and the mechanic never checking my pressure in the head gasket like I asked them to do 3 times. My car is heading down the road for a new engine for the third time. There goes $5,000 for an engine on hyundai verses the mechanic taking 2 minutes to check the head gasket pressure.
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/22/2020

Please give us a call and we can get you in and checked out.

BC
Bart C.
10/16/2020 Category: Service
Poor service
8 days to fix what Westland did in one.
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/19/2020

It’s unfortunate the service did not meet your expectations.  Please call me for your next repair or concern and I will make sure we do a better job. Thanks for talking with me today.

SL
Sean L.
Roy, UT
10/09/2020 Category: Service
Got my car going again
I tried to get my car fixed at a different shop and they couldn't. Took it to Young and it was fixed within a few hours. I am glad they know what they are doing.
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/12/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. I hope we can earn the 5 stars on your next visit.

KV
Kavy V.
Harrisville, UT
2019 Hyundai Tucson
10/08/2020 Category: Service
NOTHING BUT GREATNESS
From my first visit to my most recent visit, I love Young Hyundai. Our salesman, Tyler, still greets us til this day. Everyone In the facility, the front desk, salesman, finance, and even the service team are professional, humble, social, and they make anyone who walk through their doors WELCOMED. I can not imagine going into any other dealership!
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/12/2020

We always appreciate positive feedback from our customers

Keith H.
Willard, UT
10/04/2020
Very pleased
Thought I had provided a review several days ago but don’t see it here so I’ll try again.
2016 sonata With 98,000 miles. brake squeal. Road noise from tires? Surge on brake pedal when braking and shimmy on front end when braking. Requested they check anti lock brake system and transaxle also.
They quickly contacted me and reported the following. Needed an alignment, which I authorized. Brake squeal was due to brake pads on left front were reversed and needed to be installed correctly, which I declined. (My baD as I had changed pads recently and checked runout on the rotors so I should fix it). Anti lock system was fine. Transmission was fine. Recommended resurfacing rotors, which I declined.
They quickly called back and said the work was done.
Picked up the car took it home and reversed the brake pads and the brake squeal was gone. Good diagnosis on their part. Shimmy and surge were still there. New tires and the road noise is gone but still have shimmy when braking. Pick up new rotors on the way home and install rotors. Brake surge and shimmy are gone and runs like new. Another good diagnosis on their part and wrong on my part.
So the bottom line is; friendly and prompt service. Accurate work on the part of their technician with accurate diagnosis and recommendations.
I will say this, I was not surprised or unhappy with the final bill but even after harassing and discussing their policy of applying the the $120 diagnostic fee to work performed I don’t understand the exclusions. But that said I heartily recommend young hyundai service.
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/05/2020

Your feedback is very valuable to our dealership

Keith H.
Willard, UT
10/01/2020
Worthwhile service
2016 sonata, 98,000 miles, shimmy when braking and road noise also brake squeal. Road noise possibly from tires.
Requested They look at transmission, anti lock brake system and diagnose stated problems.
On time fast and efficient service when we dropped it off. Called and notified me that the car needed alignment ($80) rotors turned, brake squeal due to left front pads installed wrong. (Installed by me) They found the transmission and anti lock brake system to be OK. Asked them to do the alignment But nothing else. Bill for $120 for diagnosis plus $80 for alignment. They Suggested highly that I get the rotors turned but I refused. I redid the brake pads and squeal went away. Good diagnosis on their part. Next day I had new tires installed. Road noise level seems significantly improved. Still shimmy’s when braking so I got a new set of rotors and installed them and car seems great when braking (another correct diagnosis on their part and bad call by me. (I’m still surprised that the rotors were the cause And intended to get new tires anyway)
I’ve got to say their service was great. Cost of service was fine and Totally as
I expected... but
They should not say they will apply the cost of diagnosis to the cost of repairs if you have repairs performed. In my case At least, I would have had the exact same services performed. How they apply the diagnostic fee to the cost of repairs is an unintelligible mystery to me even after I gave them a hard time about it.
So, great service, prompt and on time, apparently well qualified mechanics. Highly recommend!
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/05/2020

We understand your time is valuable.  We appreciate your feedback.

RQ
Raul Q.
10/01/2020
Not happy with the customer care
I lost my key and called in to get a new one and the guy wouldn't wait 5 whole min for me to get a key so I wouldn't be carless for the night
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 10/05/2020

Sorry that parts was closed at the time you called.  Good news is that you was able to find your key. The offer to help on the wiper switch that you need is still good when your ready.

Lisa S.
Sunset, UT
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/28/2020 Category: Service
There always friendly and helpful
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 09/30/2020

We appreciate you coming to our dealership

2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/26/2020 Category: Service
Service is completed correctly and quickly.
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 09/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey

LC
Lydia C.
Utah
2020 Hyundai Elantra
09/09/2020 Category: Service
Getting resolved, I think.
Dealer contacted me to follow up on my concerns. She explained that the service advisor was newly hired and not fully trained yet, but that is being addressed. Hopefully when I return for the next service visit they will get me a refund.

09/09/2020 Category: Service
Is scheduled maintenance free, or not?
Pretty good, friendly service on our new 2020 Elantra. But the service advisor knew nothing of Hyundai’s policy to provide complimentary scheduled maintenance. This was offered as a selling point when we bought the car, and I’ve been seeing lots of ads touting it. So, is it some kind of bait-and-switch scam, or is it a legitimate offering that Young Hyundai service dept has simply not been trained on?
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 09/11/2020

Your feedback will help us improve in the future

Brigham City, UT
09/04/2020 Category: Service
Jack did an excellent job of explaining what the problem was

09/04/2020 Category: Service
Customer service
Work was completed to my satisfaction
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 09/11/2020

We understand your time is valuable.  We appreciate your feedback.

RV
Rachel V.
2020 Hyundai Tucson
09/01/2020 Category: Service
Friendly, professional, and clean
Service department was great! They took such great care of my car, even removed a dead bird that was stuck in the front!!
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 09/03/2020

We are so glad your experience here was a positive one

2020 Hyundai Sonata
08/30/2020 Category: Service
Great service and follow up
I Mistakenly thought that I had been charged for service that I was not. The service department got a hold of me and I am now correcting a previous error and scoring a review.

08/30/2020 Category: Service
Low
Charges not handled properly for a 6 month old vehicle
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 09/03/2020

Thanks for talking the time to talk with me today. I am happy to hear that we have already taken care of the concerns. Have a great day.

FL
Frank L.
Layton, UT
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/18/2020 Category: Service
Outstanding Service
I already submitted my comments in my Young Hyundai review from 12 August 2020. Service was outstanding.
TODD M B., Service Manager from Young Hyundai responded on 08/24/2020

Thanks for the great review and comments.