ACE Automotive Service

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Review for ACE Automotive Service
Lane B. on 11/19/2014
Lane said he went to the business to get a diagnosis and while his vehicle was there, Bob ordered parts without his consent. He said that when he told Bob that he could not afford the repairs because he was moving, he told him if he paid him $102 then and paid the rest when the repairs were done he would knock $51 off the total cost of the repairs. When his wife went to pick up the vehicle, he told him that there was additional work needed and the total was an additional $100. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Category: Service
Service Date: 11/12/2014
Review Created: 11/19/2014
Robert W., General Manager at ACE Automotive Service responded on 11/24/2014

I am completely shocked and confused by your interpretaton of your experience at our shop.  Especially because you are an repeat customer and have always made an effort to expressed your happiness with our service.  Regarding your latest visit, there seems  to be some misunderstanding.  You asked for a diagnosis of the door window operation.  To completely diagnose the problem, we removed the door panel and window regulator assembly and found the regulator cable had broken and jammed itself inside the regulator motor.  I promptly prepared an estimate and called you for an authorization to repair.  The parts were in stock and the repair could be completed the same day.  You declined the repairs citing finances.  Because of the nature of the diagnostic process in this case, we had the  door already apart.  It would save time and save you money to complete the repair immediately instead of reassembling the door and disassembling it again at a future date.  In trying to be efficient and to save you money, I offered to apply the cost of the diagnostic time to the repair if you could afford to do the repair concurrently with the work already performed.  You asked me to reassemble the door and afix the window so it would not come down on its own as it had before.  We did as you requsted and billed the amount of time we had in the job.  You reminded me that two weeks prior, in a  conversation over the phone, I gave you an estimate with out seeing the problem, of what I thought it would cost to perform the diagnosis.  I immediately told you that regardless of what it actually took to do the job, I would honor that blind estimate, and then explained the diagnostic process and that sometimes we do not know what it will take to do the job before we start the process.  You seemed satisfied at the time.  When your wife picked up the vehicle, I gave her a written estimate to repair the window for when you could afford to do the job.

Given our past experiences, I would have thought you would have contacted me directly if you were at all confused, concerned, or dissatisfied.  It is never good to have unhappy customers and we have always strived to have everyone completely satified with our service.  I would appreciated it if you would reconsider your evaluation and rate your experience with us more favorably.  Thank you. - Bob