Alpine Automotive Service

Review for Alpine Automotive Service
P H. on 08/10/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"No waiting"
While on vacation I had my truck towed to Alpine Automotive. They were very receptive
and friendly. Casual atmosphere and great music! I was allowed to watch the owner
remove and replace the starter on my Chevy S-10, he also topped off the oil. The job
was complete in less than two hours and I was on my way to California. Only thing
was I didn't think to ask for a cost estimate as they did not offer one. As I went to
settle up , the bill was just under $ 500.00 dollars with tax and shop supplies included !
This Old Boy from up North learned a hard lesson and won't let it happen again. !!!
Service Date: 05/04/2015
Review Created: 08/10/2015 03:56 PM
Alan B. at Alpine Automotive Service responded on 08/11/2015

Alan from Alpine Automotive in Yakima Washington. Upon reveiwing your comment on the work performed on your vehicle I want to appologize to you for not giving you an estimate for the repairs before fixing your pick up. I felt we bent over backwards to get the jop done in a timely fashion so you could be back on the road. And did check over the rest of your vehicle as your wife was not sure she wanted to continue on the trip with a break down starting out. Mybe you havent bought a starter for a long time but the price has gone up in the last few years.
If the price is your main concern just ask ahead of time before work is started on your vehicle. As I recall your main concern at the time was getting back to your wife and on with your trip. You were treated fairly and at a reasonable price, as are all our customers.