Review for Auto Smart
RICHARD B. ReScore Review on 12/04/2012
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Positive Impression"
I returned again to have the engine/tranny placement checked, against the factory procedure. (I chose to fix the window issue myself, even after they offered to fix it). Scott worked on the placement, said he moved it over ~4mm (I measured the placement to be about 10 mm off). My thanks to the business. I certainly will give them an opportunity to compete for my business in the future.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 11/14/2012
Review Created: 11/20/2012 01:43 PM

"Third Time Not Charm"
Had tranny replaced after having engine repalced a while back (and then again under warranty due to a faulty engine). Got vehicle back this time with too much fluid in the tranny, the shift linkage was not correct which caused the ignition lock and shift lever to jam and the PRNDL was off, the engine/tranny mount positions are not correct, a coolant leak at the heater core hose connection, and the drivers side window was down about 2 inches due to the window regulator tape had broken (nobody said anything). I fixed the coolant leak, window tape, made the shift linkage work, had them suck out the excess fluid, but couldn't get them to position the engine/tranny correctly. I had the factory procedure in hand which detailed how to do it but was told there was no adjustment. WHAT??? This time, I have mixed feelings about their service. I had been thoroughly pleased with the previous work but don't know why there was such a hassle this time. Maybe the mechanic was just having a bad day.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 11/14/2012
Review Created: 11/20/2012 01:43 PM
Scott B. at Auto Smart responded on 11/21/2012
I SPOKE WITH MR BISHOP ON 11/21/2012 ABOUT HIS CONCERN AN SET A APPT. FOR 12/1/2012 WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING MR BISHOP TO TAKE CARE OF HIS CONCERN.
Scott B. at Auto Smart responded on 12/01/2012
RICHARD THANKS FOR GIVING US THE CHANCE TO CHECK THE DRIVESHAFT MEASURMENTS TODAY. SCOTT THE OWNER WAS THERE TO HELP YOU AND WE HOPE HE TOOK CARE OF ALL YOUR CONCERNS. AGIAN THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSSINESS.