Black Bear Auto

Amy R. on 12/19/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Why I Will Never Take a Car Anywhere Else But Black Bear"
I live in Massachusetts and work in CT. When I took my car to the Toyota Dealer in Massachusetts to get a small repair and a state inspection sticker, I was told my 4-Runner needed $3700 worth of work. I took my inspection sticker, drove right to Black Bear and showed Barry the list of "have to do's" from the Toyota place. Barry took the time to go thru the whole vehicle, make the necessary repairs ($1,000), and walk me thru step by step all of the "issues" that the Toyota place said I needed to do (that did not need to be done) and all of the parts that they were charging me double what Barry charged. I never worry when I take a vehicle to Black Bear that I am getting anything but the top service and the most fair price possible. You have to love a repair shop that tells you all the things you do not need done to your car, rather than the 3 page list of problems you get from the dealers. Run away from the dealership straight to Black Bear....and tell all your friends.
Service Date: 12/08/2016
Review Created: 12/19/2016 08:19 AM
Jon M. on 10/29/2016
"The best! Ever!"
This was the best car repair experience I've ever had! Excellent service! Completely fixed! I love this auto shop!
Service Date: 10/29/2016
Review Created: 10/29/2016 06:57 AM
James S. on 02/17/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Quality Repair on Custom Exhaust"
I have a custom performance exhaust system that was on my truck when i bought it. After several years the muffler and tailpipe separated. I looked online to try to find a "good" exhaust place. I found Black Bear Auto which was rated quite well. I called and Mike was able to fit me in the very next day. My first impression was awe. The building looks awesome with its mural painting, and the property was well kept. Inside the building was not like your regular garage. The office was very inviting and hospitable with various coffees, sodas, and water. It also had an area for customer to wait that included chairs and a large table if you needed to get some work done while away from school or the office. The garage was also well kept and maintained, It was easy to see there was a high level of professionalism and pride in this garage. Barry worked his tail off to find me a suitable muffler for my system. He was able to have my exhaust system repaired and sounding great that afternoon. The price was very fair and was what I would expect from a reputable garage. There were no surprised. All work was authorized before it was performed. My truck sounded great and was left in the same condition as when i dropped it off. No dirty hand prints or greasy foot marks. I would like to thank the staff at Black Bear for the work they did for me. I had a very good experience at Black Bear Auto and would recommend them to anyone who wants a fair,quality, and conscientious repair.
Service Date: 02/16/2016
Review Created: 02/17/2016 07:43 AM
Rick B. on 11/16/2015
"25000 mile check up "
I was frantic when Veron's Auto decided to retire, then I heard about Bears. They truly are a great company who's owner and staff are top notch. Door to door service and reasonable rates for the amount of work that they did to my car. (I hate taking my car to a dealer) So my experience was wonderful and i'll keep them doing work on my car. Thanks
Service Date: 11/16/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 01:40 PM
Alan B. on 08/19/2015
"Car Repair"
Black Bear Auto is an Outstanding repair facility. Barry takes excellent care of your car and stands behind all his work 100% . I brought my car in for front end problems and Barry had the problem solved quickly. Barry and his staff listen to the customer's complaints and ask for you to road test the car to find out what the problem is. They treat the customer with respect and honor. I can think of no where else to take my car. It is so hard these days to find and good mechanic. Barry is a certified mechanic and his staff is very dedicated to helping the customer and fixing the problem . Prices are always fair and as I said before, Barry stands behind all his work. I recommend Black Bear very highly. Stop in and see Barry. You will be impressed.
Service Date: 08/18/2015
Review Created: 08/19/2015 05:46 AM
Joseph K. on 05/11/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Honesty and Good Service"
I went to Black Bear Auto today thinking I had a major problem. I was leaking transmission fluid. The folks at Black Bear Auto immediately fit me in their schedule. I quickly learned I just had a worn plug. The service was prompt and honest and the cost was minimal. What a relief! Thanks so much.
Service Date: 05/11/2015