Dave's Auto Center

Overall Rating 4.26/5Overall Rating 4.26/5Overall Rating 4.26/5Overall Rating 4.26/5rating 4.26

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 2 years ago

eric H. on 09/21/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Very poor - read review, I dare you!"
Dave (the owner) is very dishonest, has poor service and takes advantage of customers and records conversations without telling you. Read this story I dare you! I brought my truck into Dave’s to get the engine replaced. Dave (the owner) gave me a low ball estimate to get me in the door and said they just wanted to look at it to confirm the diagnosis. When I came back Dave demanded a 50% deposit which I foolishly agreed to. THEN he walked me out to my truck and I found out they already removed my entire engine and taken it apart without my ok to go ahead. At that point I was nervous as it was too late to take it elsewhere. Then I found out the price he told me ($4800) turned into $8000. He also tried to tell me my radiator fan was inefficient and unless I paid another $1000 ($9000 now) to upgrade, it would void my warrantee (later found out that was also a lie). I started looking at the reviews on places like Yelp and the better business bureau and got really nervous because this same thing was happening to lots of other people. Read them! Some of them even say how he threatened to hurt the customers business if they didn’t remove their negative review. It took about 10 days longer than he said to fix and I still had problems when I got the truck back. The AC no longer worked, they left wires cut in half and the RPM gauge didn’t work anymore. I called and they said to bring it back and they would take care of it. Miles his son (Office manager??) had them fix those things and sent me on my way at no charge. The next week I brought it in for a break-in oil change required for the warrantee (which they also did not tell me they would charge me extra for) and when Dave called me to tell me it was ready, he informed me that to release my truck, I had to pay them over $200 for fixing the AC problems and wires they fixed previously which they caused. He didn’t say anything about this when I dropped it off. He lied to me over and over and nickel and dimed me to death to the tune of over $3000 more than his initial estimate. I even found out he records the conversations that happen at the front counter without telling customers because he emailed me the file when trying to prove a point to me. He was rude/cynical when I tried to get strait answers from him. Never in my days have I dealt with someone as dishonest as Dave, both the info he withheld and the false info he told me.
Service Date: 09/21/2015
Review Created: 09/21/2015 07:46 PM
TIMOTHY M. on 08/12/2015
"If at first you don't succeed..."
My car died when the weather got hot. I took it to them and spent about $2,000 on plugs, valve job, valve cover and so on. Two weeks later same problem. It was another $600 to replace some sensors.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 07/30/2015
Review Created: 08/12/2015 04:02 PM
Brian R. on 08/04/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great service "
They did a great job on my BMW
Service Date: 08/04/2015
Review Created: 08/04/2015 08:34 AM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 08/06/2015

Thank you Brian for contacting us. BMW's are a specialty of ours, and look forward to helping you with your vehicles maintenance and repair in the future.

ANDREA K. on 07/25/2015
"Excellent Customer Service. Excellent Service. "
Not only is Daves auto knowgeldgeable about cars, they also provide quality customer service that makes me feel valued. As a woman who isn't into cars, Daves Auto center explained everything that was going on with my car, how they were going to fix it, and also provided fair prices. Thanks for providing excellent service to my jeep and excellent customer service to me. I will be coming back!
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee
Service Date: 07/24/2015
Review Created: 07/25/2015 08:43 PM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 08/06/2015

Thank you Andrea! Our service writers will appreciate hearing that they are doing a great job educating our clients.

BRYAN M. on 07/23/2015
"Great job! "
We purchased a used car and a short time later it broke down so we took it to Dave's Auto. They gave us a run down of all the issues and provided a walk through to see the problems and helped prioritize which should be fixed and which items could possibly wait due to budget concerns. Will definitely be back for future services!
Vehicle: Mazda Tribute
Service Date: 07/22/2015
Review Created: 07/23/2015 09:54 PM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 08/06/2015

Hi Bryan, purchasing a used car that turns out to have more problems than anticipated can be a very frustrating experience. We are glad to be your go to shop, and trust the vehicle will perform much better for you now.

STEPHANIE R. on 07/09/2015
"Quick Service"
Dave's fixed my automobile and had it up to speed very quickly. Very polite serviceman at counter. Recommend
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 07/08/2015
Review Created: 07/09/2015 08:25 PM
ROBERT L. on 07/07/2015
"Awesome "
Awesome service awesome shop good people to work with.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 07/07/2015
Review Created: 07/07/2015 07:38 PM
ERIKA B. on 07/01/2015
"Very friendly, fast, and affordable!!"
A great place to take my car! They were kind and easy to work with! Great customer experience!
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 06/30/2015
Review Created: 07/01/2015 07:33 PM
JAMES S. on 06/24/2015
"Great Service"
They fixed my daughter's air conditioning in one day on a very hot day when they had a lot of other customers. My daughter is very happy with the cool air!
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 06/19/2015
Review Created: 06/24/2015 10:20 AM
JENINE J. on 06/19/2015
"Brakes for my car"
They gave me the amount right away that it would take to fix my car, everyone was really pricey compared to Dave and it was really great service
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 06/17/2015
Review Created: 06/19/2015 05:06 AM
STEVE R. on 05/31/2015
"Evaluating used ar"
Called Dave's on the recommendation of a friend who really knows cars. Had them evaluate a 2009 Toyota Tacoma I was contemplating buying that I was assured had "never been in an accident" and had been "thoroughly checked out" by their mechanics. Dave found $1500 in problems including where it had been repainted on the rear fender from an accident, that it failed safety and required new brakes and "the rotors aren't going to last much longer." I received a detailed report that I was able to share with the dealer and since they weren't willing to negotiate a newer price I was out of the deal. Best money spent at a mechanics shop in years!
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Review Created: 05/31/2015 04:40 PM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 06/03/2015

Glad you were able to bring the vehicle in for a used car inspection before making your decision. Thanks for the recommendation Steve!

PAUL B. on 05/31/2015
"They were able to fix my complicated BMW"
My car stopped working they figured out the problem and fixed it fast!
Vehicle: BMW 335xi
Review Created: 05/31/2015 01:48 PM
JERRY C. on 05/30/2015
"they walk the walk"
I had some work done and the part failed while I was in California. The stood behind their work and work with a California shop to correct the problem.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Review Created: 05/30/2015 08:33 PM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 06/03/2015

Hi Jerry, We appreciate your working to resolve the issue! We stick with parts suppliers who have a proven track record. But even the best companies have a problem at times. Great to work with an understanding customer, thanks!

DEREK N. on 05/13/2015
"Your Dealer Replacement "
I was very pleased to find out that Dave's Auto quoted me a price that was cheaper than the actual dealer. And the quality of work was even better 😊. I know that my vehicle will work well for my wife.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 05/11/2015
Review Created: 05/13/2015 06:11 AM
JASON E. on 05/04/2015
"Dave's is awesome"
I highly recommend Dave, and Dave's Auto. Great service and great people.
Vehicle: Land Rover Discovery
Service Date: 04/24/2015
Review Created: 05/04/2015 09:21 AM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 05/06/2015

Good to hear from you Jason!

MOANA P. ReScore Review on 05/15/2015
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Impressions"
Ali contacted me to find out what the problem was and we were able to resolve the issue.

The first impression is not always best as was the case when I went to Dave's Auto Repair, sometimes you really do need to take a second look before making your mind up.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 05/01/2015
Review Created: 05/02/2015 08:17 PM

"Don't go."
Took the starter motor out to check the engine but didn't reconnect it when they put it back. Now I know why they pushed it out to me.

Customer service is terrible, if they don't hear want they want, the mechanics turn into spoiled children throwing a tantrum.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 05/01/2015
Review Created: 05/02/2015 08:17 PM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 05/06/2015

Hi Moana, sorry to hear you aren't satisfied. You can always call us and talk with a customer service rep. Thanks

CHRISTAIN P. on 04/14/2015
"Miles and team are great"
Miles has been a major help in keeping the blazer running and helping us out.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 04/08/2015
Review Created: 04/14/2015 04:21 AM
WILLIAM (BILL) J. on 04/11/2015
"Full Service Center"
Dave and the crew helped me with a tow from a mountain top on the Wyoming border. They checked out my 2003 Chevy Duramax and found a hole in one of my pistons. He quoted me the cost(EXPENSIVE) We agreed on the repairs and they got to work. Had some problems with parts arriving and some communication issues with the progress of the job. Got those worked out and my Duramax is up and running with 3500 miles now with no problems. Thanks Dave and Crew
Bill Jackson
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 03/19/2015
Review Created: 04/11/2015 01:44 PM
DAVID V. on 04/01/2015
"Great service, fair prices"
Easy to work with, honest and good work.
Vehicle: Porsche Boxster
Service Date: 03/30/2015
Review Created: 04/01/2015 07:19 PM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 04/02/2015

Hi David, thank you for the opportunity to work on your Porsche. We know how important having a reliable vehicle is to our customers, and our goal is your complete satisfaction. Have a blessed day!

WALLY G. on 03/23/2015
"Tyler Tanner"
Front desk was very cordial
Vehicle: Ford ZX2
Service Date: 03/20/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015 08:59 AM
Ali B. at Dave's Auto Center responded on 04/02/2015

Hi Wally, good to hear that our staff is friendly! We will pass on the compliment to them. Please call us anytime with your car questions and concerns. Have a great day