Dennys Auto Inc

Sun closed
11999 South Redwood Road
Riverton, UT 84065-7405
(801) 254-6554
About At Denny's Auto, we are a family owned and operated business since 1963. Three generations strong. We are the shop you can trust with family and friends.
Latest Reviews for Dennys Auto Inc
Old car care
Car was old and I knew there was a bunch of stuff that needed done. Denny's looked it over, prioritized the needs and let me know the cost up front so I could pick and choose what I wanted to do now and what to put off till later. Great service and the car is working like a charm.
Vehicle: Buick Rendezvous
Service Date: 01/21/2015
Review Created: 01/23/2015 09:35 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/26/2015

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you and look forward to keeping your vehicles safe and reliable. Thank you for your continued business!

Honest & reliable
I have never been disappointed when my vehicles have needed work, Denny's always provides bottom line, honest upfront pricing and completes the work on time. A real plus is that they are local and not some conglomerate that doesn't really care but wants your money. Everyone at Denny's is great to work with and I highly recommend them!
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 01/14/2015
Review Created: 01/16/2015 10:14 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/19/2015

Thank you for the great review! We depend on our relationships with our customers and really appreciate that you recognize the difference between a local independent family business and a chain store. Thank you for your continued business!

EBCM Replacement
Denny's replaced the EBCM on my 1995 Blazer. They did it quickly and it works great!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 12/30/2014
Review Created: 01/10/2015 07:55 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Very happy to hear it is working well for you! They can be a little tricky sometimes. Thank you for the review and your continued business!

Best I've seen
Been here several times. They are both very knowledgeable and very honest. Most recent trip, they checked out what we thought was a serious problem, but just hooked up a hose and charged us nothing.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 01/07/2015
Review Created: 01/09/2015 07:52 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you for the great review! It is always good when a repair turns out to be something simple.

Honest, quality work
I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else. I depend on you to keep my car dependable and you do, because you care. I can trust you not to recommend work that is not needed but to warn me of problems
Vehicle: Ford Windstar
Service Date: 01/07/2015
Review Created: 01/08/2015 09:33 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate your business over the years.

They are so helpful
The employees at Denny's auto go over and above what they need to do they are so helpful they are wonderful
Vehicle: Jeep Compass
Service Date: 12/31/2014
Review Created: 01/01/2015 07:33 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/02/2015

Thank you for the review and your continued business - we appreciate you!

Jordan C. in Lehi, UT on 01/01/2015
great service! Trustable mechanic!
Dennys has been around forever because they don't take advantage of you! Our family has taken all our cars here forever and they have always taken great care of us!
Vehicle: Infiniti FX35
Service Date: 12/30/2014
Review Created: 01/01/2015 12:46 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/02/2015

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate your business and look forward to many more years of taking care of your vehicles!

Trustworthy
We have used Denny's Autonfor many years and they have always been fair and dependable.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 12/23/2014
Review Created: 12/25/2014 06:29 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/26/2014

Thank you for the great review and for your business! We really appreciate our long time customers!

Chuck M. in Sandy, UT on 12/15/2014
Always a pleasure
Check engine light came on, they fixed my
problem. After checking brakes, they discovered I needed the rear brakes replaced. Glad they check the total operation of a car. My Dear wife drives this
vehicle daily.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 11/26/2014
Review Created: 12/15/2014 06:17 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/16/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We are very happy to keep you and your wife safe and confident with your vehicles.

rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
PAUL M. in Draper, UT on 12/13/2014
Concerns unanswered
I have been reluctant to respond to you request to write my review. I have been a well satisfied customer until recently. After I had my car serviced, the next working day my car broke down on the freeway. I paid for the tow to Denny's with the request that the owner or mechanic that worked on it please call me as to what happened. This did not happened. I wanted to know if my car's breakdown was anyway related to Denny's mechanic error. Unfortunately I was ignored.
Vehicle: Cadillac Seville
Service Date: 11/11/2014
Review Created: 12/13/2014 10:21 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/15/2014

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We value you as a client and rely on honest feedback to better serve you. We certainly apologize for the lack of communication on our part and definitely do not ever want you to feel ignored. We now have an opportunity to improve in this area. We will contact you to hopefully clear up the miscommunications. It is extremely important to us that you feel confident and comfortable with our services. Thank you for your continued business and understanding. If you feel so inclined, we hope that you will reconsider your rating.

rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Julie C. on 12/10/2014
I usually love this place
My heater core wasn't installed because of an issue with my radiator. But it must have been started because the screws are missing underneath my glove box so part of it is hanging down. A hose or hoses must have been messed with as well. Antifreeze is dumping and it wasn't before. And I was told that my front brakes are metal to metal but the brakes just passed inspection. I called the place that did the safety inspection. They said the brake pads weren't worn. The last time I had the brakes done was at Denny's auto. They would lock if I had to stop fast since they were done. I should have taken the car back then but didn't. I will be having my son or the shop that passed my car do a recheck of the brakes since it shouldn't have passed if they are that bad. I don't feel good about recommending Denny's Auto anymore because my car should have been put back together. The brake issue, I don't know who is right about the pads yet.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Camaro
Service Date: 12/09/2014
Review Created: 12/10/2014 05:57 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/11/2014

After reviewing your history, the only brake work that was ever done here was your rear brakes in May of 2009. It is not recommended you drive the car too much with the brakes shot. I would take it up with whatever place passed them. Your vehicle was checked out thoroughly by a very experienced technician to confirm the heater core issue. We certainly apologize if things were not put together properly after inspection - we would have absolutely made it right with you if we had been given the opportunity. We are always ready and willing to do whatever is necessary to keep things right with out clients. We would have been very happy to recheck your car and even show you the brakes had we known you had any questions. Please reconsider your rating - we always will take care of any problems, we just need to have the opportunity.

Lourdes N. in Sandy, UT on 12/08/2014
Great customer service.
Helpful, Friendly, Easy to work with.
Vehicle: Saturn Relay
Service Date: 12/05/2014
Review Created: 12/08/2014 09:26 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/09/2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you!

rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
Recommended?
Front desk didn't listen to me.
My friend's husband is a wonderful mechanic and I've been having him work on my truck from his home. He needed to check the back pressure to see if there was a blockage in the catalytic converter but he didn't have an exhaust gage. So he had me go in to have and exhaust test done. I told the front desk over and over that an exhaust test was all I wanted and no other tests. They kept questioning me about why I needed the exhaust test and about the mechanic I had working on it. Long story short they ran a head gasket test( which we already knew was not the issue) and not the exhaust test. Finally just spoke with the mechanic and he ran the exhaust test like I asked. But they charged me for the test I did not ask for and the exhaust test which should be a free test anyway. I had called another auto shop to see if they charge for exhaust tests and they dont.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 12/04/2014
Review Created: 12/06/2014 08:32 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/08/2014

When you called and asked about the test you wanted, you were asked what your symptoms were. You stated that the vehicle would overheat and temperature would fluxuate. A restricted exhaust would not cause that symptom. We suggested that you have the symptom diagnosed for the same charge as the exhaust test. We really don't like our clients to waste their money,  so we try to be as effective as possible with the money and time spent. You were told up front how much the test would be and chose to have the exhaust tested anyway. We also block tested the vehicle for no charge to ensure there was no issue with the head gaskets (which could cause overheating and requires equipment to test). It would have been helpful to have your mechanic communicate with us to ensure exactly what he needed. We will perform any test you request and did so, we just don't like to see our clients waste money on a test that will not help them solve their symptom. At least you now know that the block test passed both tests (for no charge) and your exhaust has no back pressure.  Thank you for the feedback. In light of this information, we ask that you reconsider your review rating. We take this and our customer service seriously.

Great service and trust!
I Really appreciate working with Darrin Moncur and the staff. I always go to Denny's because I trust that I will receive great service and honest work.
Vehicle: Pontiac Firebird
Service Date: 11/28/2014
Review Created: 12/03/2014 09:39 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/03/2014

Thanks for the great review! We love taking care of your vehicles - especially the Firebird! ;-)

Awesome people.
I couldn't believe how nice everyone was. They are so much better than that other place that starts with a jiffy and ends with a lube
Vehicle: Dodge Dart
Service Date: 12/01/2014
Review Created: 12/03/2014 07:01 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/03/2014

Who would that be? Haha. Thanks for the great review and the opportunity to take care of your vehicles!

Won't go anywhere else for Inspection
I have always been very pleased when I drop my Vehicles off for Safety and Emissions, They get it done in a very timely manner. Their Mechanics are very knowledgable and their receptionist Renae Is very friendly. I recommend everyone to go here. I myself bring in probably 10 vehicles a year to them.
Service Date: 12/02/2014
Review Created: 12/02/2014 10:49 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/03/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate your recommendation!

Doug H. on 11/23/2014
Personalized service that you can trust.
I have been getting my vehicles serviced at Denny's for many years. They provide good service in a timely fashion. They are friendly and reliable. They are honest and trustworthy. Can't ask for more from
an auto service business.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 11/21/2014
Review Created: 11/23/2014 01:54 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/24/2014

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to many many more!

over all care
I appreciate How I am treated. I feel honesty, professionalism, kindness, caring from each person I deal with. I know I am never sold any repairs or service that is not necessary. I feel confident with the service given. Thank you! Kelly
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 11/18/2014
Review Created: 11/20/2014 09:10 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/21/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate you and look forward to keeping you on the road and safe.

Excellent service, great prices.
I started going to Denny's because it was around the corner from me and it had great reviews. I have not been disappointed. They are fair in price and offer excellent service! Denny's recently helped us get a part replaced on a warranty even though the car was broken down in another city. The warranty on the part had just expired but they used their great relationship with the parts place to get the part and labor covered. I also just took my car in and asked them to fix the brakes. They told me the brakes had several more good months on them and I should wait and get the most use out of them as possible. What mechanic do you know that will say you don't need something fixed when they could make a profit on it? Thanks, Denny's for always having my back!
Service Date: 11/11/2014
Review Created: 11/12/2014 09:38 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/13/2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your business and your trust. Very happy that the warranty worked out as it should!

Recommended?
Arrived home Friday afternoon at SLC Airport about 3 PM .... dead battery / cable issues ... needed to leave early the following Monday morning and leave vehicle at airport. Of course I couldn't do that with battery issues.

I called Dennys at 4 PM Friday, described situation and need. Was asked to bring my vehicle over and they would check it out. By a little after 5 PM they had my battery replaced, cables cleaned and ready to go. Great service!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 11/05/2014 07:07 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! Always good to be able help out when you are in a jam. We appreciate you.

0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message