Dennys Auto Inc

Reviews (274)

rating 4.7081827rating 4.7081827rating 4.7081827rating 4.7081827rating 4.7081827

Recommend?

Sun closed
11999 South Redwood Road
Riverton, UT 84065-7405
(801) 254-6554
About At Denny's Auto, we are a family owned and operated business since 1963. Three generations strong. We are the shop you can trust with family and friends.
Latest Reviews for Dennys Auto Inc
Superb customer service
The courteous customer service from initial phone call. Denny's Auto has always informed me of what needs to be done, calls me with the diagnosis and proceeds only and when asked to do so.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 06/27/2014
Review Created: 07/15/2014 07:28 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/15/2014

Thanks for the great review! Nice to have you back from Texas!

rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
Really good guys
I always know I can count on Dennys to fix my problem and make it right. Their prices are very fair and I have never felt like they tried to "get me" on anything. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because they can be a little slow sometimes. I would highly recommend them for your auto repair needs.
Vehicle: Pontiac Bonneville
Service Date: 06/24/2014
Review Created: 07/12/2014 06:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/12/2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business. We will have a full staff finally starting July 21st! We should be back up to full speed then. Thanks for your patience and continued business!

Mary D. in Riverton, UT on 07/11/2014
Always finishes the job well even if it cost them
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 06/19/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 10:03 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/12/2014

Thank you for the review! Sometimes doing the right thing can be costly, but right is right. We appreciate your business!

Joe C. in Draper, UT on 07/11/2014
Acura TLS Service
Prompt, accurate and cost effective service as usual. I have come to accustom this type of service with Denny's Auto.
Vehicle: Acura 3.2TL
Service Date: 07/09/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 08:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/11/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate you.

Quality, Reliable, Trustworthy
I've never had a bad experience with this company. They're surprisingly fast for how busy they are. They'll give you an estimate on when they'll get to your car and 9 times out of 10 they get to it faster. They go the extra mile to make sure you are only paying for what you really need. They don't pressure you to buy more or anything like that. They will never try to cheat you or rip you off. I will always take my car(s) to Denny's!
Vehicle: Scion tC
Service Date: 07/09/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 06:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/11/2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We always appreciate feedback from our customers. Thanks for your continued business!

rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Improvement
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
Re-score rating
after getting your email and thinking about the work you did...I am happy with the automotive work...I have given a new rating.
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
Very disappointed
I recently brought in a 1977 Fiat (which the shop person answering the phones said they could work on, no problem). Bring it next week they said so I waited through the weekend brother then promptly on a Sunday evening so to be there first thing Monday and then waited four days before I even got call indicating that there actually working on it. Then they couldn't do the work they needed to do is just a nightmare of phone calls back and forth trying to figure out what's going on. My biggest complaint is one if they can't service foreign car, then they shouldn't tell people that they work on all makes and models. I realize this is an old car over 30 years old but I point-blank asked them very specifically if they can handle this type of a project and they said "yes". They never did get the car running. I had to come pick it up as they did not service carburetors--I realize this too is a very technical process, but if the shop is not quipped and able to handle these type of things I wish they would've been upfront and honest with me from the beginning. I had to come tow the car away from the shop which shouldn't ever happened and take it to another mechanic who in two days fixed the car and got it running and everything is fine. Dennys Auto had it for close to eight days.
Vehicle: Fiat Spider
Service Date: 07/02/2014
Review Created: 07/10/2014 08:08 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/10/2014

I am very surprised to hear your critique as you seemed happy and satisfied with the work we did when you picked up your vehicle. First off, you brought in a project car that has not been running for years. The car was dropped off without an appointment and we worked it in as quickly as possible. You stopped by and we spoke about the condition of the car and what you wanted done. As you saw, the engine would not even crank over. The wiring to the starter was broken so we repaired that. We also found the mechanical fuel pump not hooked up or operational. You opted to bring in your own electric fuel pump for us to install and wire into the vehicle. We also found the pickup tube inside the fuel tank completely plugged solid with rust. We cleaned that out - no charge. I showed you the strainer and the gunk that came out of it. Once the fuel pump and starter were functional, we found that the carburetor was not functioning - no doubt from sitting for years. We are not a carburetor shop - we explained that to you and you seemed to understand. We charged you $200 to install and wire in your fuel pump. Everything else we did for no charge. Project cars are never easy - they require much more time. When you question my honesty or integrity I take it very personal. My customer's satisfaction is very important to me. For the condition of your car and the work performed, the time frame and the charges were more than reasonable. Even after it was done the vehicle sat in our lot for a couple of days. I ask that you reconsider your rating.

emergency repair
Day before the July 4 holiday only this shop would even try to help,they did a good job.
Vehicle: Volvo S80
Service Date: 07/07/2014
Review Created: 07/09/2014 03:45 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/10/2014

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate you and your family doing business with us over the years!

Honest and fair
They have always been very honest and fair, even with my daughter who would be easy to take advantage of. They know what they are talking about and can make it clear to someone who doesn't
Vehicle: Ford Escort
Service Date: 06/16/2014
Review Created: 06/20/2014 03:41 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/25/2014

Thank you for the great review!

Greg G. in Riverton, UT on 06/12/2014
the people
Darrin and Denny are great to deal with.
Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator
Service Date: 06/11/2014
Review Created: 06/12/2014 09:35 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thanks! We appreciate the years of doing business with us!

inspection
thank you for the fast and timely service and I will return with the rest of my cars.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 05/21/2014
Review Created: 06/12/2014 06:37 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thank you for the review!

Mary D. in Riverton, UT on 06/11/2014
Always have wonderful service. The staff keeps me happy. Denny's is the best Auto repair place I have ever used. The prices are very reasonable also.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 06/03/2014
Review Created: 06/11/2014 07:29 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate you!

Recent Repair
It was timely service and an excellent job. I would recommend them to anyone.

J Mark
Vehicle: Infiniti G20
Service Date: 05/23/2014
Review Created: 06/11/2014 03:20 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business.

Jason H. in Draper, UT on 06/10/2014
I trust them.
I know these guys will do what's right.
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 05/15/2014
Review Created: 06/10/2014 08:11 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thank you for yout business and the review!

KEN G. in Sandy, UT on 04/16/2014
Great Job
Competent work as always, for a fair price.
thanks
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 04/15/2014
Review Created: 04/16/2014 05:29 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 04/21/2014

Thank you for the review and your continued business. We realize you travel clear across the valley to come to our shop - we really appreciate you!

Jim P. in Sandy, UT on 04/12/2014
Consistent quality work at reasonable rates
I have utilized Denny's Auto for 7 years. They charge about 2/3 of what the dealers charge, perform quality work, on time and fully explain what is going on.
Vehicle: Infiniti QX4
Service Date: 04/04/2014
Review Created: 04/12/2014 07:39 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 04/12/2014

We appreciate your business and the great review!

What a mistake I made taking my car to Dennys!!
They kept my car for two days and could not see a radiator leak! Took my car to the mazda dealership and the radiator had a crack in it and they showed me where the leak was. I will never take my care there again. So disappointed after my neighbors had recommended this place.
Service Date: 04/09/2014
Review Created: 04/11/2014 08:18 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 04/12/2014

We can understand how frustrating it can be to be without your vehicle. However, we pressure tested the vehicle several times for long periods of time to locate any leaks. We also performed a block test (two ways) to confirm the integrity of the head gaskets. Your vehicle was road tested twice long distances and rechecked for leaks. The level never dropped and not one drip showed up during all this testing. We even left pressure on it overnight - nothing showed up. We absolutely refuse to replace any part unless we see it fail. We will not have you spend your money on a guess. We did not charge you for anything. Please reconsider your review and rating in light of this information. We have your best interest in mind - for safety and financially. Thank you for your time and we ask that you give us another chance to prove to you our integrity.

KEN M. in Draper, UT on 04/10/2014
Denny and family are the best people I have ever met. I have such trust for them....
There is no better in the valley
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 04/08/2014
Review Created: 04/10/2014 06:59 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 04/12/2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate you!

quick service
Quick service. I just got the truck back but so far runs and sounds good. Air conditioning works good. Hope it stays that way. Thanks
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Service Date: 04/02/2014
Review Created: 04/02/2014 08:07 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 04/03/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! Hope the truck keeps you cool all summer!

Awesome
You guys are awesome! My Mercury Villager is running much better now. I am still hoping it will pass emissions, there are no guarantees the car is old and a piece of crap, but now I think it has a chance.
Vehicle: Mercury Villager
Service Date: 03/27/2014
Review Created: 03/28/2014 10:36 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/31/2014

Good to hear it is running better! We will definitely make sure it passes emissions. Thank you for the great review!

a no charge
appreciate that Denny's would do a no charge on a repair--a repair that has eluded us and them for a couple of different visits to them. A willingness to absorb "the cost" on this visit because of not getting to the root of the problem in the past visits is admirable and honest. And even though we would have been willing to pay, the fact, they would not charge us, says a lot about their integrity. Thanks.
Vehicle: Mazda Protege
Service Date: 03/24/2014
Review Created: 03/25/2014 09:44 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/25/2014

Thank you for your continued business and the great review! We have finally solved the root problem with this vehicle! Thank you for your patience - we know how frustrating vehicles can be!

0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
Your email address is never published on our website. This is for verfication purposes.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message