Dennys Auto Inc

Reviews (280)

rating 4.7142863rating 4.7142863rating 4.7142863rating 4.7142863rating 4.7142863

Recommend?

Sun closed
11999 South Redwood Road
Riverton, UT 84065-7405
(801) 254-6554
About At Denny's Auto, we are a family owned and operated business since 1963. Three generations strong. We are the shop you can trust with family and friends.
Latest Reviews for Dennys Auto Inc
over all care
I appreciate How I am treated. I feel honesty, professionalism, kindness, caring from each person I deal with. I know I am never sold any repairs or service that is not necessary. I feel confident with the service given. Thank you! Kelly
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 11/18/2014
Review Created: 11/20/2014 09:10 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/21/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate you and look forward to keeping you on the road and safe.

Recommended?
Arrived home Friday afternoon at SLC Airport about 3 PM .... dead battery / cable issues ... needed to leave early the following Monday morning and leave vehicle at airport. Of course I couldn't do that with battery issues.

I called Dennys at 4 PM Friday, described situation and need. Was asked to bring my vehicle over and they would check it out. By a little after 5 PM they had my battery replaced, cables cleaned and ready to go. Great service!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 11/05/2014 07:07 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! Always good to be able help out when you are in a jam. We appreciate you.

Sheila G. in Sandy, UT on 11/05/2014
Fast and friendly !
They were professional in handling an upset customer get a break on his bill for a Ford he had in several times with expensive repairs.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 11/05/2014 06:02 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you for the feedback. We run our business with integrity and do our best to work with people in tough situations. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about this. Thank you for your business and for being such an excellent client!

Amanda V. in Sandy, UT on 11/04/2014
very happy with my car
Mitch worked on my car and did an awesome job. He is very knowledgeable. He did a valve job on my Mazda. They dealt with my warranty company, handled the repairs, and made sure I was happy in the end. Highly recommend dennys auto and mitch as your technician
Vehicle: Mazda CX-7
Service Date: 10/17/2014
Review Created: 11/04/2014 07:48 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your patience throughout the repair. Anytime there is a third party (insurance) involved, it can require more time. Mitch is an ASE certified technician that is a great asset to our team! Thanks for your business.

Over delivered
I took my sons Aztek in for repairs because it was throwing several codes and running poorly. They found that there was a rocker arm not functioning in the engine. I was very impressed that they located the problem quickly and did not start replacing sensors or the parts associated with the bad codes, but looked for the root cause. These guys under promised and over delivered and came in less then the quote we were given for the repair. INTEGRITY and VALUE! We will be back!
Review Created: 09/18/2014 09:15 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 09/22/2014

Thank you for the great review and for your business!

Amazing service!
They fixed my air conditioning on an old truck. The final price cam in less than quoted and work was done right on schedule! Excellent customer service. I will always take my vehicles here! Thanks
Review Created: 08/12/2014 03:02 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 08/13/2014

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate your business.

Superb customer service
The courteous customer service from initial phone call. Denny's Auto has always informed me of what needs to be done, calls me with the diagnosis and proceeds only and when asked to do so.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 06/27/2014
Review Created: 07/15/2014 07:28 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/15/2014

Thanks for the great review! Nice to have you back from Texas!

rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
Really good guys
I always know I can count on Dennys to fix my problem and make it right. Their prices are very fair and I have never felt like they tried to "get me" on anything. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because they can be a little slow sometimes. I would highly recommend them for your auto repair needs.
Vehicle: Pontiac Bonneville
Service Date: 06/24/2014
Review Created: 07/12/2014 06:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/12/2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business. We will have a full staff finally starting July 21st! We should be back up to full speed then. Thanks for your patience and continued business!

Mary D. in Riverton, UT on 07/11/2014
Always finishes the job well even if it cost them
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 06/19/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 10:03 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/12/2014

Thank you for the review! Sometimes doing the right thing can be costly, but right is right. We appreciate your business!

Joe C. in Draper, UT on 07/11/2014
Acura TLS Service
Prompt, accurate and cost effective service as usual. I have come to accustom this type of service with Denny's Auto.
Vehicle: Acura 3.2TL
Service Date: 07/09/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 08:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/11/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate you.

Quality, Reliable, Trustworthy
I've never had a bad experience with this company. They're surprisingly fast for how busy they are. They'll give you an estimate on when they'll get to your car and 9 times out of 10 they get to it faster. They go the extra mile to make sure you are only paying for what you really need. They don't pressure you to buy more or anything like that. They will never try to cheat you or rip you off. I will always take my car(s) to Denny's!
Vehicle: Scion tC
Service Date: 07/09/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 06:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/11/2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We always appreciate feedback from our customers. Thanks for your continued business!

rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Improvement
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
Re-score rating
after getting your email and thinking about the work you did...I am happy with the automotive work...I have given a new rating.
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
Very disappointed
I recently brought in a 1977 Fiat (which the shop person answering the phones said they could work on, no problem). Bring it next week they said so I waited through the weekend brother then promptly on a Sunday evening so to be there first thing Monday and then waited four days before I even got call indicating that there actually working on it. Then they couldn't do the work they needed to do is just a nightmare of phone calls back and forth trying to figure out what's going on. My biggest complaint is one if they can't service foreign car, then they shouldn't tell people that they work on all makes and models. I realize this is an old car over 30 years old but I point-blank asked them very specifically if they can handle this type of a project and they said "yes". They never did get the car running. I had to come pick it up as they did not service carburetors--I realize this too is a very technical process, but if the shop is not quipped and able to handle these type of things I wish they would've been upfront and honest with me from the beginning. I had to come tow the car away from the shop which shouldn't ever happened and take it to another mechanic who in two days fixed the car and got it running and everything is fine. Dennys Auto had it for close to eight days.
Vehicle: Fiat Spider
Service Date: 07/02/2014
Review Created: 07/10/2014 08:08 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/10/2014

I am very surprised to hear your critique as you seemed happy and satisfied with the work we did when you picked up your vehicle. First off, you brought in a project car that has not been running for years. The car was dropped off without an appointment and we worked it in as quickly as possible. You stopped by and we spoke about the condition of the car and what you wanted done. As you saw, the engine would not even crank over. The wiring to the starter was broken so we repaired that. We also found the mechanical fuel pump not hooked up or operational. You opted to bring in your own electric fuel pump for us to install and wire into the vehicle. We also found the pickup tube inside the fuel tank completely plugged solid with rust. We cleaned that out - no charge. I showed you the strainer and the gunk that came out of it. Once the fuel pump and starter were functional, we found that the carburetor was not functioning - no doubt from sitting for years. We are not a carburetor shop - we explained that to you and you seemed to understand. We charged you $200 to install and wire in your fuel pump. Everything else we did for no charge. Project cars are never easy - they require much more time. When you question my honesty or integrity I take it very personal. My customer's satisfaction is very important to me. For the condition of your car and the work performed, the time frame and the charges were more than reasonable. Even after it was done the vehicle sat in our lot for a couple of days. I ask that you reconsider your rating.

emergency repair
Day before the July 4 holiday only this shop would even try to help,they did a good job.
Vehicle: Volvo S80
Service Date: 07/07/2014
Review Created: 07/09/2014 03:45 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/10/2014

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate you and your family doing business with us over the years!

Honest and fair
They have always been very honest and fair, even with my daughter who would be easy to take advantage of. They know what they are talking about and can make it clear to someone who doesn't
Vehicle: Ford Escort
Service Date: 06/16/2014
Review Created: 06/20/2014 03:41 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/25/2014

Thank you for the great review!

Greg G. in Riverton, UT on 06/12/2014
the people
Darrin and Denny are great to deal with.
Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator
Service Date: 06/11/2014
Review Created: 06/12/2014 09:35 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thanks! We appreciate the years of doing business with us!

inspection
thank you for the fast and timely service and I will return with the rest of my cars.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 05/21/2014
Review Created: 06/12/2014 06:37 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thank you for the review!

Mary D. in Riverton, UT on 06/11/2014
Always have wonderful service. The staff keeps me happy. Denny's is the best Auto repair place I have ever used. The prices are very reasonable also.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 06/03/2014
Review Created: 06/11/2014 07:29 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate you!

Recent Repair
It was timely service and an excellent job. I would recommend them to anyone.

J Mark
Vehicle: Infiniti G20
Service Date: 05/23/2014
Review Created: 06/11/2014 03:20 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business.

Jason H. in Draper, UT on 06/10/2014
I trust them.
I know these guys will do what's right.
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 05/15/2014
Review Created: 06/10/2014 08:11 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 06/13/2014

Thank you for yout business and the review!

KEN G. in Sandy, UT on 04/16/2014
Great Job
Competent work as always, for a fair price.
thanks
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 04/15/2014
Review Created: 04/16/2014 05:29 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 04/21/2014

Thank you for the review and your continued business. We realize you travel clear across the valley to come to our shop - we really appreciate you!

0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message