Dennys Auto Inc

Reviews (288)

rating 4.7084769rating 4.7084769rating 4.7084769rating 4.7084769rating 4.7084769

Recommend?

Sun closed
11999 South Redwood Road
Riverton, UT 84065-7405
(801) 254-6554
About At Denny's Auto, we are a family owned and operated business since 1963. Three generations strong. We are the shop you can trust with family and friends.
Latest Reviews for Dennys Auto Inc
Chuck M. in Sandy, UT on 12/15/2014
Always a pleasure
Check engine light came on, they fixed my
problem. After checking brakes, they discovered I needed the rear brakes replaced. Glad they check the total operation of a car. My Dear wife drives this
vehicle daily.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 11/26/2014
Review Created: 12/15/2014 06:17 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/16/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We are very happy to keep you and your wife safe and confident with your vehicles.

Lourdes N. in Sandy, UT on 12/08/2014
Great customer service.
Helpful, Friendly, Easy to work with.
Vehicle: Saturn Relay
Service Date: 12/05/2014
Review Created: 12/08/2014 09:26 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/09/2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you!

Recommended?
Front desk didn't listen to me.
My friend's husband is a wonderful mechanic and I've been having him work on my truck from his home. He needed to check the back pressure to see if there was a blockage in the catalytic converter but he didn't have an exhaust gage. So he had me go in to have and exhaust test done. I told the front desk over and over that an exhaust test was all I wanted and no other tests. They kept questioning me about why I needed the exhaust test and about the mechanic I had working on it. Long story short they ran a head gasket test( which we already knew was not the issue) and not the exhaust test. Finally just spoke with the mechanic and he ran the exhaust test like I asked. But they charged me for the test I did not ask for and the exhaust test which should be a free test anyway. I had called another auto shop to see if they charge for exhaust tests and they dont.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 12/04/2014
Review Created: 12/06/2014 08:32 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/08/2014

When you called and asked about the test you wanted, you were asked what your symptoms were. You stated that the vehicle would overheat and temperature would fluxuate. A restricted exhaust would not cause that symptom. We suggested that you have the symptom diagnosed for the same charge as the exhaust test. We really don't like our clients to waste their money,  so we try to be as effective as possible with the money and time spent. You were told up front how much the test would be and chose to have the exhaust tested anyway. We also block tested the vehicle for no charge to ensure there was no issue with the head gaskets (which could cause overheating and requires equipment to test). It would have been helpful to have your mechanic communicate with us to ensure exactly what he needed. We will perform any test you request and did so, we just don't like to see our clients waste money on a test that will not help them solve their symptom. At least you now know that the block test passed both tests (for no charge) and your exhaust has no back pressure.  Thank you for the feedback. In light of this information, we ask that you reconsider your review rating. We take this and our customer service seriously.

Great service and trust!
I Really appreciate working with Darrin Moncur and the staff. I always go to Denny's because I trust that I will receive great service and honest work.
Vehicle: Pontiac Firebird
Service Date: 11/28/2014
Review Created: 12/03/2014 09:39 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/03/2014

Thanks for the great review! We love taking care of your vehicles - especially the Firebird! ;-)

Awesome people.
I couldn't believe how nice everyone was. They are so much better than that other place that starts with a jiffy and ends with a lube
Vehicle: Dodge Dart
Service Date: 12/01/2014
Review Created: 12/03/2014 07:01 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/03/2014

Who would that be? Haha. Thanks for the great review and the opportunity to take care of your vehicles!

Won't go anywhere else for Inspection
I have always been very pleased when I drop my Vehicles off for Safety and Emissions, They get it done in a very timely manner. Their Mechanics are very knowledgable and their receptionist Renae Is very friendly. I recommend everyone to go here. I myself bring in probably 10 vehicles a year to them.
Service Date: 12/02/2014
Review Created: 12/02/2014 10:49 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/03/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate your recommendation!

Doug H. on 11/23/2014
Personalized service that you can trust.
I have been getting my vehicles serviced at Denny's for many years. They provide good service in a timely fashion. They are friendly and reliable. They are honest and trustworthy. Can't ask for more from
an auto service business.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 11/21/2014
Review Created: 11/23/2014 01:54 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/24/2014

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to many many more!

over all care
I appreciate How I am treated. I feel honesty, professionalism, kindness, caring from each person I deal with. I know I am never sold any repairs or service that is not necessary. I feel confident with the service given. Thank you! Kelly
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 11/18/2014
Review Created: 11/20/2014 09:10 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/21/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate you and look forward to keeping you on the road and safe.

Excellent service, great prices.
I started going to Denny's because it was around the corner from me and it had great reviews. I have not been disappointed. They are fair in price and offer excellent service! Denny's recently helped us get a part replaced on a warranty even though the car was broken down in another city. The warranty on the part had just expired but they used their great relationship with the parts place to get the part and labor covered. I also just took my car in and asked them to fix the brakes. They told me the brakes had several more good months on them and I should wait and get the most use out of them as possible. What mechanic do you know that will say you don't need something fixed when they could make a profit on it? Thanks, Denny's for always having my back!
Service Date: 11/11/2014
Review Created: 11/12/2014 09:38 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/13/2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your business and your trust. Very happy that the warranty worked out as it should!

Recommended?
Arrived home Friday afternoon at SLC Airport about 3 PM .... dead battery / cable issues ... needed to leave early the following Monday morning and leave vehicle at airport. Of course I couldn't do that with battery issues.

I called Dennys at 4 PM Friday, described situation and need. Was asked to bring my vehicle over and they would check it out. By a little after 5 PM they had my battery replaced, cables cleaned and ready to go. Great service!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 11/05/2014 07:07 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! Always good to be able help out when you are in a jam. We appreciate you.

Sheila G. in Sandy, UT on 11/05/2014
Fast and friendly !
They were professional in handling an upset customer get a break on his bill for a Ford he had in several times with expensive repairs.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 11/05/2014 06:02 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you for the feedback. We run our business with integrity and do our best to work with people in tough situations. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about this. Thank you for your business and for being such an excellent client!

Amanda V. in Sandy, UT on 11/04/2014
very happy with my car
Mitch worked on my car and did an awesome job. He is very knowledgeable. He did a valve job on my Mazda. They dealt with my warranty company, handled the repairs, and made sure I was happy in the end. Highly recommend dennys auto and mitch as your technician
Vehicle: Mazda CX-7
Service Date: 10/17/2014
Review Created: 11/04/2014 07:48 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 11/05/2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your patience throughout the repair. Anytime there is a third party (insurance) involved, it can require more time. Mitch is an ASE certified technician that is a great asset to our team! Thanks for your business.

Over delivered
I took my sons Aztek in for repairs because it was throwing several codes and running poorly. They found that there was a rocker arm not functioning in the engine. I was very impressed that they located the problem quickly and did not start replacing sensors or the parts associated with the bad codes, but looked for the root cause. These guys under promised and over delivered and came in less then the quote we were given for the repair. INTEGRITY and VALUE! We will be back!
Review Created: 09/18/2014 09:15 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 09/22/2014

Thank you for the great review and for your business!

Amazing service!
They fixed my air conditioning on an old truck. The final price cam in less than quoted and work was done right on schedule! Excellent customer service. I will always take my vehicles here! Thanks
Review Created: 08/12/2014 03:02 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 08/13/2014

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate your business.

Superb customer service
The courteous customer service from initial phone call. Denny's Auto has always informed me of what needs to be done, calls me with the diagnosis and proceeds only and when asked to do so.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 06/27/2014
Review Created: 07/15/2014 07:28 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/15/2014

Thanks for the great review! Nice to have you back from Texas!

rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
Really good guys
I always know I can count on Dennys to fix my problem and make it right. Their prices are very fair and I have never felt like they tried to "get me" on anything. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because they can be a little slow sometimes. I would highly recommend them for your auto repair needs.
Vehicle: Pontiac Bonneville
Service Date: 06/24/2014
Review Created: 07/12/2014 06:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/12/2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business. We will have a full staff finally starting July 21st! We should be back up to full speed then. Thanks for your patience and continued business!

Mary D. in Riverton, UT on 07/11/2014
Always finishes the job well even if it cost them
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 06/19/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 10:03 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/12/2014

Thank you for the review! Sometimes doing the right thing can be costly, but right is right. We appreciate your business!

Joe C. in Draper, UT on 07/11/2014
Acura TLS Service
Prompt, accurate and cost effective service as usual. I have come to accustom this type of service with Denny's Auto.
Vehicle: Acura 3.2TL
Service Date: 07/09/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 08:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/11/2014

Thank you for the review and your business! We appreciate you.

Quality, Reliable, Trustworthy
I've never had a bad experience with this company. They're surprisingly fast for how busy they are. They'll give you an estimate on when they'll get to your car and 9 times out of 10 they get to it faster. They go the extra mile to make sure you are only paying for what you really need. They don't pressure you to buy more or anything like that. They will never try to cheat you or rip you off. I will always take my car(s) to Denny's!
Vehicle: Scion tC
Service Date: 07/09/2014
Review Created: 07/11/2014 06:31 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/11/2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We always appreciate feedback from our customers. Thanks for your continued business!

rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Improvement
Re-score rating
after getting your email and thinking about the work you did...I am happy with the automotive work...I have given a new rating.
Very disappointed
I recently brought in a 1977 Fiat (which the shop person answering the phones said they could work on, no problem). Bring it next week they said so I waited through the weekend brother then promptly on a Sunday evening so to be there first thing Monday and then waited four days before I even got call indicating that there actually working on it. Then they couldn't do the work they needed to do is just a nightmare of phone calls back and forth trying to figure out what's going on. My biggest complaint is one if they can't service foreign car, then they shouldn't tell people that they work on all makes and models. I realize this is an old car over 30 years old but I point-blank asked them very specifically if they can handle this type of a project and they said "yes". They never did get the car running. I had to come pick it up as they did not service carburetors--I realize this too is a very technical process, but if the shop is not quipped and able to handle these type of things I wish they would've been upfront and honest with me from the beginning. I had to come tow the car away from the shop which shouldn't ever happened and take it to another mechanic who in two days fixed the car and got it running and everything is fine. Dennys Auto had it for close to eight days.
Vehicle: Fiat Spider
Service Date: 07/02/2014
Review Created: 07/10/2014 08:08 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 07/10/2014

I am very surprised to hear your critique as you seemed happy and satisfied with the work we did when you picked up your vehicle. First off, you brought in a project car that has not been running for years. The car was dropped off without an appointment and we worked it in as quickly as possible. You stopped by and we spoke about the condition of the car and what you wanted done. As you saw, the engine would not even crank over. The wiring to the starter was broken so we repaired that. We also found the mechanical fuel pump not hooked up or operational. You opted to bring in your own electric fuel pump for us to install and wire into the vehicle. We also found the pickup tube inside the fuel tank completely plugged solid with rust. We cleaned that out - no charge. I showed you the strainer and the gunk that came out of it. Once the fuel pump and starter were functional, we found that the carburetor was not functioning - no doubt from sitting for years. We are not a carburetor shop - we explained that to you and you seemed to understand. We charged you $200 to install and wire in your fuel pump. Everything else we did for no charge. Project cars are never easy - they require much more time. When you question my honesty or integrity I take it very personal. My customer's satisfaction is very important to me. For the condition of your car and the work performed, the time frame and the charges were more than reasonable. Even after it was done the vehicle sat in our lot for a couple of days. I ask that you reconsider your rating.

0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message