Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc.

Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5rating 4.49

Jimmy H. on 07/21/2017
"Repaired RV generator."
Quick and accurate service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 02:34 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 07/24/2017

Thank you for the review Jimmy! If you need anything please call us anytime.

Cassandra S. on 07/19/2017
Cassandra said she thanks the business for doing the job quickly.
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017

Thank you for the review Cassandra!

Heidi O. on 07/14/2017
Heidi said she was in and out the same day. They even helped with their insurance paperwork. They had good customer service.
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017

Thank you for the review Heidi! If you have any questions give us a call!

Roger R. on 07/13/2017
"Customer Service, Professionalism, Friendliness and Personable"
I am so glad we found your facility and you are so much closer for servicing. We have had service done by you twice on our Class A and have been pleased both times.
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 08:23 PM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 07/14/2017

Thank you for the review Roger! If you need anything call us!

Molly H. on 07/03/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Why are some mechanics like this. Why!?"
Okay I really don't ever write reviews because I generally hate the idea, but I need to warn other people who might make the same mistake I did. I'm really frustrated with my experience for a few different reasons.

The Van: I bought a 1982 GMC Vandura camper conversion for a song, it ran and drove super strong but had obvious age/wear/deterioration, it's huge and old and a beast. I knew that it would need a few major upgrades and replacements of various things that were about to go. I wanted to take it to my normal mechanic who I trust but due to the height of the top he said I probably had to find someone RV specific. So, I decide based on reviews and proximity to go with Genesis. I call to make an appointment and they are busy (I get it's a busy season, pre-summer) so it's two weeks out. Fine, totally get it. Bring it in two weeks later. Because they are in fact an RV-specific place I figure while I'm at it, bring it in with a written list of specific things I wanted them to look at, in addition to the oil change/fluids replacement/overall tuneup and inspection. Some of the things were really small and I could do them myself (replacing a broken seatbelt, removing the toilet and blackwater system, fixing a broken horn, fixing a busted mechanism in the back door lock, de-winterizing, overall safety check of the propane system) but I figured while they had it in the shop I wanted a quote on the whole job. A major thing was an emergency brake pedal that didn't fully engage, made sure to tell them it needed to be repaired (isn't that kind of obvious....?) Also told them I wanted them to see if there were any other unseen major problems looming (I definitely assumed there would be a few major things and had budgeted accordingly). When I get there, they don't take my list and also don't write down any of my concerns (FIRST RED FLAG). I assumed they would be able to look it over in a day or two and get back to me with a quote, then the actual work taking longer obviously, and longer still due to the time of year. They also told me this would be the case. I mean isn't that why you make an appointment? Call a week later to find out what the situation is: they haven't even looked at it, too many people (read: people with nicer rvs? people paying more money?) needed their RVs for the weekend (SECOND RED FLAG). Call the next week, did the oil change, fluid replacement, brake repair, and inspection but hadn't looked at anything else. Then, there is a fuel leak that needs repairing and due to the fact its a huge ancient van, and the bolts can break off, and it takes a lot of time, I get it, the repair will be costly. Totally fine with this. So I get the quote for the initial oil change/replacement/brake work (fine with this also) with the leak repair looming as somewhere between 2-4k ALONE and remind them about the other things I also want them to look at (I figure let's just get everything done, since it's four weeks since I initially called and made the appointment, it's been in the shop two weeks at this point... I'm running out of time and patience). Then, "it's ready to be picked up" and at that point because I know they aren't going to even look at the other things, I figure the one thing I can't really do myself is de-winterize the water system and remove the self-contained blackwater tank/toilet so I ask them to please do that, they are fine with that and quote me a reasonable amount for that, totally fine.

Go to pick up the van, they say they could not dewinterize because water started spraying all over the cabin and there is a leak somewhere so they just stopped. (.........) but at least the toilet tank is removed. Couldn't find a replacement emergency brake pedal at any of the junk shops in time, so I don't have an e-brake (except they could have probably found one in time if they'd looked at it earlier... and isn't that kind of an important think to have?) At this point, sans e-brake, sans horn, door not opening, water system leaking, no passenger seatbelt, want to be stoked that mechanically the van is doing well and I can start work on the other things myself. Want to be sure that it's safe, even if it looks old and is ridiculous, Whatever. As we're leaving, Chris also even says "Tires look great" as an aside, like that's another thing they looked at in passing, just to be helpful so I knew I didn't need to worry about those. So it's $4600 later (half that is the fuel leak repair, which came in on low end of estimate, 2000ish).

Get the van home and realize/come to grips with the fact that they literally didn't even look at anything I asked them to, I don't actually know that they looked at anything closely. In the last week, I repaired that water leak myself in like a half hour (it was a hole in a 6 inch section of PVC tubing that was accessible from a side panel.....), fixed the door handle without needing any parts (the mechanism was just dislodged), put in a new seatbelt, had a propane specialist look over the tank and system, flushed the water system.... all of this being things I would have gladly paid for so that I wouldn't have to, and would have liked to be done in the month they had the van. That's why you pay for mechanics and service techs right....? I also take a close look at the tires. They are from 2001. They are 16 years old. What was this "tires look great" nonsense; yes the tread is great but the sidewalls are cracking. I'm not dumb and know old tires are dangerous. So at this point I'm like, well, the major repairs were costly but at least the work they did was good, I did the rest myself so I must have just saved a lot of money......

And THEN as we're going to get tires, the van starts making crazy noises that could be alternator or power steering or something worse. There is also some fluid leaking. I figure it's not the same leak, I figure the Genesis guys did a good job it's just the van's problem because it's old. Panicking but like, I signed on for this, I first take it to Budget Batteries to test the battery and tell me if that's the source of the sound, maybe it's messing with the alternator. Super awesome dudes don't charge me while they test the battery, right then. Not the battery, want to fix the leak, so I take it to Tiny's on Pacific to get the tires and hopefully find the source of the problem. They right away look at it, with me, and ask if I recently got a leak repaired? I tell them yes. They can see it and also say there is another leak, same type of problem just a different bolt on the same part. Also the power steering is leaking and completely out of fluid. I assume it must be like $2000 to fix. Nope. It's $275 to fix both problems (ONE OF WHICH IS THE SAME PROBLEM, different bolt) and they'll have it done in a few hours. Literally not worried about how tall the van is and their short clearance; they'll work on it outside. Sell us some nice tires and will also put them on, also outside. Compliment our SUPER COOL A-TEAM VAN. I leave fuming at Genesis and realizing we got totally fleeced for the major repair, and am angry that they never even looked at anything else that I had asked them to look at. They wasted weeks of time that I could have been fixing other things, and I gave them a lot of money.

TL;DR I REALLY went into this expecting the best and wanting to believe that, even though it's a beast of a van in ridiculous shape, Genesis would give it their full attention. I assumed they would look at the things I wanted them to look at, and maybe some things I didn't, and be honest and fair on pricing. I knew I'd be spending more than the van was worth and there could be some major problems but figured the work would be good. Literally this is confirming all the things people tell you about mechanics. Not coming back, running far in the other direction. I am giving two stars because Chris was friendly. Is that a dumb reason? Yes. But at least he was pleasant and not condescending in our exchanges. I just wish this whole experience was less of a nightmare. Oh well, now I know to avoid RV-specific places like the plague.
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 07/03/2017 04:53 PM
Daryl P. on 06/30/2017
Daryl said the service was fast at the business, they finished earlier than promised and the price was less than quoted. He is unsure why, but the lights flickered off and on in the bathroom.
Service Date: 05/31/2017
Review Created: 06/30/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 07/03/2017

Thank you for the review Daryl! I'm not sure about the lights flickering, we would love to figure it out for you. Please call us if you have not already!
Thank you!

Karen D. on 06/30/2017
Karen said she called this business so she could speak with Mike but he was busy with another customer. She spoke with another gentleman who just presumed what she wanted and did not ask. She said they are too expensive and it took over 2 hours to get an oil change done. She had to sit and wait the entire time.
Vehicle: Ford E450 Super Duty
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Ken B. on 06/30/2017
Ken said this business is nice to deal with. They provide honest information and their prices are fair.
Vehicle: Ford E450 Super Duty
Service Date: 06/02/2017
Review Created: 06/30/2017

Thank you for the review Ken!

We are here for whatever you need!

Karen B. on 06/19/2017
"RV"
Chris is great, finally good to have someone that does the intake that is knowledgeable. Cost is always hard to swallow but I appreciate checking with my insurance company.
Vehicle: Dodge Sprinter
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/19/2017 11:16 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 06/19/2017

Thank you Karen for the review! If you need anything or have some questions please call us!

"We do it all!"

Gwen C. on 06/17/2017
"Excellent service"
Right on time, efficient, and ready to discuss best way to do the work.
Vehicle: Ford RV Cutaway
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/17/2017 11:03 AM

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

If you have any spare time we would love a Google or yelp review!

If you need anything please call us!

Mark H. on 06/12/2017
"Customer service was excellent. "
They are very professional with a very honest experience with techs that are obviously well trained and experienced.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/12/2017 09:17 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 06/14/2017

Thank you Mark! We take pride in making sure our technicians are trained with all the new technology!

Bobby K. on 05/31/2017
Bobby said the business does decent work.
Service Date: 05/26/2017
Review Created: 05/31/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 06/01/2017

Thank you for the review Bobby!

Vince B. on 05/30/2017
Vince said they did a good job.
Service Date: 05/24/2017
Review Created: 05/30/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 05/31/2017

Thank you for the review Vince!

Jim L. on 05/27/2017
"Great Service & Honesty"
We the Lanphear's, Jim & Rayma, appreciate your Great Service & Honesty for our 2 RV's, Itasca & Phaeton Allegro & Rayma's Airstream Ford Camper Van. Thanks to ALL.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 05/25/2017
Review Created: 05/27/2017 11:01 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 05/30/2017

Hi Lanphear family!

Thank you for the awesome review we really appreciate the kind words!

Have fun travels!

Zach R. on 05/25/2017
Zach said this business did a good job.
Service Date: 05/23/2017

"Owener"
Great service as always
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/24/2017 06:02 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 05/24/2017

Thank you Gabrielle, anything you need we are here!

Steve C. on 05/20/2017
"Customer service"
Chris was very helpful and knew what he was talking about.
Vehicle: Ford F550 Super Duty
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017 04:12 PM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 05/22/2017

Thank you for the review Steve! If you need anything please call us where here to help!

we are*

Stephen G. on 05/19/2017
"They are just after money not after customer satisfaction. I'll propably not go back there any time soon."
You only get good service after complaining. I think its a competency issue on the part of the technician or his supervisor or both.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/19/2017 09:24 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 05/19/2017

Unfortunately working with older cars you can have multiple problems that accrue one after another. I have brought this to Brian's attention, he is looking into this and please expect a call from him today.

Mary Beth V. on 05/18/2017
"Thankful for Genesis Rv Repair"
They did exactly what they said they would do in the time I had for them to do it. I have been given
such around since buying this motorhome so Genesis has been a refreshing change. Finally, someone that does what they say they will do. Thanks Michael, I appreciate you getting me out on time.
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017 09:14 PM

Thank you Mary Beth! We appreciate the nice review! I will make sure Michael sees this review and knows he met your expectations!  Have a good trip!

"We do it all!"

Clark J. on 05/17/2017
Clark said the business was great.
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 05/17/2017

Thank you Clark for the review!