Interstate Auto Care

Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5
Latest Review about 2 months ago

nicholas P. on 10/26/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Your Mistakes Keep Costing Me"
Decent shop, but stupid mistakes cost me time and money. Failure by the technician to lock my hood caused it to fly up into the windshield while I was driving!

Paid $47 for synthetic oil change on my 2004 Jaguar. After leaving my car started smoking from under the hood. Brought it back and they said that they because they forgot to wash the oil off the engine (not sure why it was on there to begin with) the oil was burning off. Having to bring the car back made me late for work costing me money.

I brought the car back 2 weeks later so that they could finish the inspection that they didn't finish during my oil change. They refilled some fluid and returned the car to me. Drove it home that night and kept hearing a sound that I was not used to every time I hit a bump. Made it home that night okay. The next morning I was headed in to work, and I heard the sound again. Soon as I realized that the noise was my unsecured hood flailing in the wind the hood flew up into my windshield. Bent the hood horribly and basically destroyed it. Again I was late for work because of this incident.

Took it back to the shop looking for assistance. The owner had his tech knock out the dents the best he could, put it back on, and secure it. Told me that it was "safe to drive" and sent me on my way. Yes the car is now safe to drive but the hood looks horrible.

When I called back to discuss getting the hood replaced, they told me that I should "sell the car" because it's just going to keep costing me money. I just bought the car and I don't want to sell the car. Even if I wanted to, how could I with my hood looking that way? Then, they told me that it happened because my emergency latch failed. That may be true, but the emergency latch would have never been needed had they actually CLOSED MY HOOD in the first place. I have open and closed my hood several times and never have I had this problem.

The owner Bill never owned up to another bad mistake by his technicians that AGAIN COST ME MONEY! His resolution? Told me I could buy another hood from the junkyard and that they would put it on for me. Unacceptable...I should never have to come out of pocket to fix their mistake. Once again, I am left holding the bag with a dented and paint chipped hood.

Who's responsible...? Me, for ever trusting this company with my vehicle. NEVER again!
Service Date: 09/10/2016
Review Created: 10/26/2016 09:48 AM
Bill H. on 09/12/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Ridiculously overpriced - part 2"
First of all, you did not diagnose my vehicle for free. You charged more than $100. Your charge even included $9 for "shop supplies". Please explain this charge. What supplies were used in "looking" at my ignition cool. You call me a backyard mechanic whom possesses minimal technical proficiency. I don't disagree. So if I was able to change my ignition cool in 45 minutes, your skilled auto technician with 20 years of experience and tens of thousands of dollars worth of tools should have been able to make this repair in half the time. That's exactly my point. You want to charge $500 for a 20 minute repair? Yoi use Starbucks coffee as an example of overpriced products but I think their is a big difference between a $6 cup of coffee and a $500 auto repair. Who doesn't have $6 of disposable income in their wallet or purse. Who wouldn't spend $6 on Snything with out giving it much thought. The game changes for most of us when you start talking $500. Would you blow $500 on anything without giving it much thought, the same as you would for a $6 purchase. If your shop was rebuilding my transmission or other complex repair that required the skills of a 20 auto technician veteran then the $500 would have been more than justified but all that's required to change an ignition cool is unscrew three mounting screws and transfer 6 spark plug wires and a power supply wire. And for that you want to charge $500??????
Service Date: 09/30/2016
Review Created: 09/12/2016 12:12 PM
Bill H. on 08/30/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Ridiculously overpriced - part 2"
You did not diagnose my vehicle for free. I was charged over $100. The charge included $9 for "shop supplies". Please explain this charge as no supplies should have been needed to perform a diagnosis on a misfiring coil. As you explained to me in a voice mail, interstate is not the cheapest place in town and you don't want to be. You invest in education, health care plans and equipment upgrades. The price you quoted me for my repair was 60% higher than the other local shops I got quotes from. From your response (Starbucks example)I guess I'm supposed to feel that somehow Interstate can repair my car better than the other shops and I should be glad to pay 60% more. To replace the coil on my vehicle you have to remove the three screws that secure it to the engine, transfer the 6 spark plug wires properly and a wiring clip. I don't know how your shop can do that any differently or any better than another shop. Bottom line is: EXPECT TO PAY MORE to have your car repaired at Interstate because "they aren't the cheapest place in town and don't want to be"
Service Date: 06/28/2016
Review Created: 08/30/2016 09:31 PM
Michael B. on 08/27/2016
Michael said the service received at this business was okay.
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 08/01/2016
Review Created: 08/27/2016
Michael E. on 08/24/2016
Michael said he thought their prices were a little high.
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 08/04/2016
Review Created: 08/24/2016
Kori C. on 08/19/2016
Kori said they did a great job.
Vehicle: Jeep Patriot
Service Date: 08/17/2016
Review Created: 08/19/2016
Timothy S. on 08/18/2016
Timothy said the business provided great service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 08/13/2016
Frank H. on 08/18/2016
Frank said the service was good but they could not help him.
Vehicle: Mercury Mystique
Service Date: 08/15/2016
Kevin/norm/denise S. on 08/18/2016
Kevin said they were very honest with him and he really appreciates that.
Vehicle: Mercury Montego
Service Date: 08/15/2016
Fernando Q. on 08/16/2016
Fernando said he received very good service from the business and the people are really nice.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 08/08/2016
Review Created: 08/16/2016
NICK P. on 08/13/2016
"Trustworthy auto shop."
Great service, very courteous, would use them again in a heartbeat.
Vehicle: Jaguar X-Type
Service Date: 08/11/2016
Review Created: 08/13/2016 07:37 AM
Gary W. on 08/11/2016
Gary said they fixed his vehicle in one day. It turned out great.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Alero
Service Date: 08/08/2016
Review Created: 08/11/2016
Larry D. on 08/08/2016
Larry said he has been using Bill for 25 years and he is very pleased with him. He does very good work.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 08/06/2016
Review Created: 08/08/2016
JOE B. on 07/30/2016
"Great experiences"
This place is awesome. The guys are great, the facility is always super clean, and the work has been nothing but outstanding.

Do yourself a favor and visit these guys the next time you're in need of auto repair. You'll be a customer for life. No joke.
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee
Service Date: 07/29/2016
Review Created: 07/30/2016 09:24 PM
BRIAN B. on 07/27/2016
"Lights"
Excellent service and a willingness to help!
Vehicle: Ford Expedition
Service Date: 07/27/2016
Review Created: 07/27/2016 08:47 PM
Akil G. on 07/25/2016
Akil said he was satisfied and happy with the service at this business. He had no issues with them.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 07/13/2016
Lisa And Robert E. on 07/25/2016
Robert said the business provided good service.
Vehicle: Jeep Commander
Service Date: 07/23/2016
Steve C. on 07/25/2016
Steve said they were driving all over town to find someone who could squeeze them in as they needed a repair done on the vehicle as soon as possible, they were driving all the way from Michigan to Florida. The business said they were going to get them in right away. They got them in and got the vehicle fixed. He said the business did a great job.
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 07/12/2016
MIKE and CHERYL C. on 07/21/2016
"Honesty, friendliness"
We were noticing a slight front-end rattle in our Aura and decided to have it looked at by Interstate. Fully expecting to need something expensive, they reported the front suspension was fine but there were some loose trim items that may have caused the noise. I really appreciate their honesty and will continue to use them for auto repair needs in the future.
Vehicle: Saturn Aura
Service Date: 07/19/2016
Review Created: 07/21/2016 07:02 AM
HERBERT H. on 07/01/2016
"Trust worthy!"
Interstate auto care is a place you can trust!
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 190E