Maita Subaru

Latest Review about 1 month ago
Jessica S. on 08/25/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Save time and shop elsewhere"
I visited Maita Subaru on Aug 13. This dealership has a car similar to one I was checking out at another store, a Forester, so I thought I would expand my options. My initial impression wasn’t bad because the sales people were at the front door ready to greet people. We arrived shortly after opening so it wasn’t busy yet and we wanted to move along quickly. We were directed to work with Sheldon Haynie, and we had a terrible experience. Here's why:
1) Sheldon did not want to accept the way we wanted to finance our car even though our preferred method is acceptable. He was extremely pushy in having us finance through Chase or through the dealership to our credit union. My partner and I made it clear that we planned to pick up a check to pay for the car multiple times. After I repeatedly told him no, he proceeded to explain the same exact thing to my partner who also told him no. After we both said no, he asked the same question in a different way. There was a point in this process where it felt like he was trying to turn my partner and I against each other.
2) When we arrived around 9:15 AM, I asked if my car could get appraised because that would factor into our decision. Sheldon pushed off the appraisal because he wanted us to get into cars to test drive. I asked several times but he kept pushing it off. By 11 AM, we had to leave because we needed to run an errand downtown before 12. By this time we had test driven two cars but mostly spent time waiting in the office for answers to questions.
3) It took a very long time for basic things to happen. At first we were patient. It took nearly 30 minutes for Sheldon to fetch the car we were interested in from their sister dealership down the street. Soon we saw it was a trend though. It appears sales people can't provide answers to questions without consulting the store manager. Whenever we had a question, we waited a minimum of 15-20 minutes for answers. Considering we were the only customers in the store, this seems like an extreme waiting period. When we returned from our errand around 12:15/12:30, the appraisal was just finishing up. We spent another 3 hours at this dealership trying to get clear answers to our questions which was impossible.
4) The two cars we were comparing were very similar so we said we would go with the one that could provide the better price. Apparently I do not have the same understanding as “out the door” price. Sheldon included our down payment in the “out the door” price. My understanding is “out the door” is what I am responsible for paying. It felt like a sneaky way to trick people that don't look at a price closely enough. There was also nearly $400 in general fees that Sheldon described as “DVM fees” but would not break them down. This is in addition to taxes. The pricing felt ambiguous.
5) We took a walk and decided we didn’t feel comfortable with a dealership that was trying to strong arm us into paying a price with sneaky fees and salesmen that appear to operate without ethics and consideration for the customers. When we told them that we were not going to proceed with the purchase, they scrambled to keep our business and suggested a new car instead. A new car was never in our budget, and that was something we had communicated early on in our visit. The dealership is unable to accept “no” as an answer. Early on and throughout my visit, I made it clear that I did not want to participate in receiving their marketing emails, yet I have received several emails from Sheldon over the past nearly two weeks. I asked Sheldon 3 times and the store manager once to stop contacting me. It wasn’t until I told Sheldon that I felt harassed that he responded to my request. In person, Sheldon promised that he would not add me to marketing emails yet he admitted that I was on a list in his most recent email and that I could unsubscribe.

Save yourself time and avoid this dealership unless you’re ready to be scammed or harassed if you choose to not buy a car.
Service Date: 08/13/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 10:06 AM
MELVIN E A. on 02/29/2016
"Promt&curtious upon arrival"
Only had one questional experience in six years of bringing my Outback in for service .
Review Created: 02/29/2016 11:23 AM
STANLEY W L. on 02/28/2016
"Staff was very prompt, accessible and supportive."
Great service completed promptly and to our full satisfaction. : )
Review Created: 02/28/2016 09:00 AM
RAHNEA V. on 02/27/2016
"Great Service."
Great Service. Friendly and complete. Easy to get appt. Shuttle service is a boon. Pleasant driver of shuttle. Thx.
Service Date: 02/02/2016
Review Created: 02/27/2016 03:52 PM
SHENG M. on 02/26/2016
"Great Service"
I had a great experience at Maita Subaru. I went in not really sure what I was looking at, but Mike was able to help me choose a car that had all the features that I was looking for in a car. Thank you so much for being so patient with me Mike.
Sales Date: 02/20/2016
Review Created: 02/26/2016 11:27 AM
VALLECITO UNION SCHOOL D. on 02/25/2016
"Great to deal with. Took care of everything. No problems. Very friendly."
See Review title
Sales Date: 02/22/2016
Review Created: 02/25/2016 09:41 AM
RUDOLPH A G. on 02/25/2016
" best customer treatment"
had excellent help when purchasing a new car
Review Created: 02/25/2016 09:35 AM
JOSEPH K. on 02/24/2016
"Excellent service in a reasonable amount of time!"
My routine lube, oil and filter service on our 2009 Forester and 1998 Outback was done professionally and in the expected amount of time. I personally like the series of inspections with this service.
Review Created: 02/24/2016 12:47 PM
KIM T. on 02/24/2016
"better customer service experience"
The service here takes forever, so I don't recommend waiting for your car...in my experience a simple oil change takes two hours. The level of competency varies depending on which employee assists you. After my previous experience I was ready never to come back (my car was there for 7 hours and nothing was done, they indicated on my paperwork that I needed a filter changed but failed to tell me, and they documented in my file that I "refused service" when I asked to come pick up my car to get to an appointment after the aforementioned 7 hour window) SO, needless to say I only brought my car back because it is still under warranty and I had a wonderful experience due to an employee named Christian, who listened to my "issues" regarding my last experience and resolved everything wonderfully. the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I still had to wait for 3+ hours on site for my car to get serviced.
Review Created: 02/24/2016 12:31 PM
DOUGLAS H S. on 02/24/2016
"Love Our New Custom-ordered Outback"
One of our children had used the USAA Car Buying Service and Maita, as did we, and we were not disappointed.
Sales Date: 01/31/2016
Review Created: 02/24/2016 12:11 PM
CAROL P. on 02/24/2016
"Fantastic service "
Always a pleasure. Great customer service. Easy in and out.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WAGON
Review Created: 02/24/2016 09:16 AM
GREGG REYNOLDS S. on 02/24/2016
"Oil Change, Tire rotation, Air filter change"
Heather Ericsson, Service Consultant, was very helpful and showed outstanding professionalism in helping me during my scheduling and administering of my car service. She is an asset to Maita Subaru's excellent service department.
Review Created: 02/24/2016 05:52 AM
IAN T. on 02/23/2016
"Great service "
Overall great experience and the wait just exactly as long as it was said it would take
Vehicle: SUBARU WRX
Service Date: 02/18/2016
Review Created: 02/23/2016 01:52 PM
TODD MICHAEL L. on 02/23/2016
"Rob Pierce was great."
No pressure on sale. Very knowledgeable.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA
Sales Date: 02/20/2016
Review Created: 02/23/2016 09:40 AM
MEGAN H. on 02/23/2016
"Longest service appointment ever "
When I made my appointment they did not tell me I was due for my 30,000 mile service and that it would take 4 hours. When I arrived at 9am, it took 25 mins for them to actually check me in. I waited around for a couple hours and eventually took a cab to do some errands. I got a call that my car would be done in 30 mins. I returned on time and was forced to wait an additional 20 mins. They told me the car is done but they "just need to put the wheels back on." There is no shuttle service on the weekend.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WAGON
Review Created: 02/23/2016 06:26 AM
FILIPINAS NONAN M. on 02/22/2016
"100% service satisfaction"
I always get 100% satisfaction every time I have a service.
Review Created: 02/22/2016 08:27 PM
JUSTIN LEE Y. on 02/22/2016
"Fast service "
The staff was helpful, the service was upfront and hassle free.
Sales Date: 02/19/2016
Review Created: 02/22/2016 08:24 PM
MARTIN H. on 02/22/2016
"quick efficient, nice people"
Very quick service, I trust the mechanics, not trying to sell unnecessary stuff
Review Created: 02/22/2016 05:40 PM
GERHARD H A. on 02/21/2016
"Maita Subaru Service"
The Maita team identifies the manufacturers recommended services when coming for service and identifies the ones in addition or beyond.
Service Date: 02/15/2016
Review Created: 02/21/2016 10:04 PM
LARRY E L. on 02/20/2016
"Great service"
Comfortable waiting area. Keeps customer informed. Transport to shopping mall if wait is to be long. Knowledgeable staff.
Service Date: 02/16/2016