Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Jeff B. on 08/15/2017
Jeff said overall the service was good with the business and the repairs were done in a timely manner.
Vehicle: BMW 5 Series
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/15/2017
Mike M. on 08/10/2017
"Great service and expert repair for a reasonable price"
Thank you for a job well done!! For the high quality of repair, great service and reasonable pricing, Marv & Mike's is the place to go!! The deal breaker to me is that Marv & Mike's stands by its work and believes that honesty comes first.
Vehicle: Buick LaCrosse
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017 08:04 PM

Lee H. on 08/09/2017
Lee said the business is good.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017

MARIE-JEANNE L. on 08/06/2017
"good, honest, reliable service"
Rick is always helpful and cost conscious. I trust him implicitly.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/06/2017 09:43 AM

Robert D. on 08/04/2017
Robert said this business took care of everything that he needed and it was done quickly. He appreciated that Richard provided professional and knowledgeable service.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/04/2017

Jesse M. on 08/02/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Always on point!"
I was able to come in on the same day to get an oil change and check my A/C unit due to the temperature not being cold enough. Efficient work on my oil change and diagnosing the problem of my A/C unit by replacing the orifice tube and evaporator orifice valve due to a clog in the A/C system. Always appreciative of Rick and his crew's hard work and their dedication to get our cars up and running. Thank you again!
Service Date: 07/27/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 03:01 AM
Irene K. on 07/30/2017
Irene said they did good work.
Vehicle: Honda Civic Si
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 07/30/2017

Carl C. on 07/29/2017
"Great service!"
My auto required routine and other maintenance. My concerns were handled expertly and explanations were given about work performed. Highly recommend!
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Cutlass
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/29/2017 05:26 PM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 08/02/2017

Valued Customer on 07/27/2017
"Honest and Knowledgeable "
I have used them multiple times for both domestic and imports. Never felt overcharged or pushed into service I did not want/need. Honest and straightforward service.
Vehicle: FIAT 500
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017 07:51 AM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 07/28/2017

Thank You for your kind review.

Gregory B. on 07/26/2017
Gregory said this facility was very good. The gentleman he dealt with was a really good person and he explained everything step by step. He did what he had to do and did not waste his time. He would recommend him to everyone.
Vehicle: Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 07/28/2017

Thank You, hope to see you again !

Cornel H. on 07/25/2017
Cornel said they do good work.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017

Louis K. on 07/21/2017
"One of Rockville's best kept secrets"
I have been a customer of Marv & Mikes for over 30yrs. Over the years Rick and his mechanics have serviced or repaired all of my cars. I have had my 1969 corvette serviced here as well as Fords and Hondas. All of their work is top notch and reasonable. I have referred both friends and family to this shop. I would give them 6 stars if I could.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 04:32 PM

Your to kind, thank You

Chris L K. on 07/19/2017
"Service"
Excellent service performed by experienced professionals.
Vehicle: Acura TL
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017 09:18 PM

Rodney S. on 07/11/2017
Rodney said they did the job as they were supposed to. There is something else that needs to be done and now the check engine light is on. He stated it's not related to the work they already performed, but he thought they would do a full diagnosis.
Vehicle: Cadillac DTS
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 07/24/2017

Thanks, for the kind words Rodney, we will be glad to look into your check engine light issue. appreciate your business

Steven C. on 07/06/2017
"Over charged for repair."
You have lost a 25 year customer. Charging me $900 for a brake mast cylinder replacement was outrages! I understand the the difficulties encountered with the diagnosis, but $900 worth? Come on, you guys aren't practicing a good faith shop. Please know that I can no longer give your shop any referrals based on this poor experience.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 07/06/2017 09:05 AM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 07/08/2017

I am a little confused about your response? due to the fact that you praised our shop for a job well done? If you are going to make a statement like this let's at least be honest and state the facts. First of all you were not charged $900.00 for a brake master cylinder. You were charged $391.25 parts and labor for the master cylinder replacement. The remainder of the bill was for additional repairs that you were fully aware of. The repair bill was a lot higher then it should have been due to the fact that you took it upon yourself to try to repair the brake system on your car not really understanding what the actual problem was? After you purchased some substandard parts bolting them on the car and it still didn't fix the car, frustrated with the result, you called our shop and asked for our help. We had to go behind the repairs that you had already made, checked and double checked the complete hydraulic system, invested hours of time in the car that you never were even billed for at my expense, to come to the conclusion that the brake master cylinder that you purchased and installed was a defective part. With your approval we purchased a new quality built master cylinder and restored the vehicles brake system to working order. We never did a single repair on this car that you were not aware of or approved of. We kept you in the loop all the time and you could have stoped us at any time. I was hesitant in the very beginning to get involved in this repair because I knew it would be problamatic, yet in an effort to try to fix your mistake not ours we get chastised for actually fixing the car? In my opinion this defies logic? You stated that you understand the difficulties encountered with the diagnosis, you are right it was difficult, and when we have to go over some one elses repair and spend twice the amount of time on the car then what was necessary, that time comes at a cost. I can honestly say this is the first time in my career that some one has been made at me for actually fixing their car? I am sorry you don't see any value in the service that we performed for you. I doub't that most shops would have even taken the car in, but we did. We put the time in to fix things right. We don't shy away from difficult repairs, we have the experience and knowledge necessary, but that knowledge comes at a cost. I hope that you reconsider your review of our business, resubmit a new review and give us the credit that we deserve and earned.

Kate M. on 07/06/2017
Kate said her husband's service was good and they liked the people.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 07/06/2017
KAREN C. on 06/27/2017
"Auto Repair"
Rick was extremely thorough. He spoke to me in layman's terms so I understood everything he was saying.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017 07:54 AM

OLIVIA K. on 06/26/2017
"Knowledgeable guys! "
I was really pleased with Marv and Mike's transmissions. Marv looked at my car and explained what was wrong with it in terms that I would understand. He told me that if my car ever has an issue again, I can call his direct number and explain the issues it's having.
I would definitely recommend to a friend.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 08:49 AM

Thank You.

Bill M. on 06/24/2017
Bill said he likes the business and they always do a good job. They save him money.
Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator L
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017

Thanks

Blair H. on 06/20/2017
"Excellent service"
Marv and Mike's continue to provide excellent service. They recommend only the work that actually need to be done.
Vehicle: Acura TSX