Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Louis K. on 07/21/2017
"One of Rockville's best kept secrets"
I have been a customer of Marv & Mikes for over 30yrs. Over the years Rick and his mechanics have serviced or repaired all of my cars. I have had my 1969 corvette serviced here as well as Fords and Hondas. All of their work is top notch and reasonable. I have referred both friends and family to this shop. I would give them 6 stars if I could.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 04:32 PM
Chris L K. on 07/19/2017
"Service"
Excellent service performed by experienced professionals.
Vehicle: Acura TL
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017 09:18 PM
Rodney S. on 07/11/2017
Rodney said they did the job as they were supposed to. There is something else that needs to be done and now the check engine light is on. He stated it's not related to the work they already performed, but he thought they would do a full diagnosis.
Vehicle: Cadillac DTS
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Steven C. on 07/06/2017
"Over charged for repair."
You have lost a 25 year customer. Charging me $900 for a brake mast cylinder replacement was outrages! I understand the the difficulties encountered with the diagnosis, but $900 worth? Come on, you guys aren't practicing a good faith shop. Please know that I can no longer give your shop any referrals based on this poor experience.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 07/06/2017 09:05 AM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 07/08/2017

I am a little confused about your response? due to the fact that you praised our shop for a job well done? If you are going to make a statement like this let's at least be honest and state the facts. First of all you were not charged $900.00 for a brake master cylinder. You were charged $391.25 parts and labor for the master cylinder replacement. The remainder of the bill was for additional repairs that you were fully aware of. The repair bill was a lot higher then it should have been due to the fact that you took it upon yourself to try to repair the brake system on your car not really understanding what the actual problem was? After you purchased some substandard parts bolting them on the car and it still didn't fix the car, frustrated with the result, you called our shop and asked for our help. We had to go behind the repairs that you had already made, checked and double checked the complete hydraulic system, invested hours of time in the car that you never were even billed for at my expense, to come to the conclusion that the brake master cylinder that you purchased and installed was a defective part. With your approval we purchased a new quality built master cylinder and restored the vehicles brake system to working order. We never did a single repair on this car that you were not aware of or approved of. We kept you in the loop all the time and you could have stoped us at any time. I was hesitant in the very beginning to get involved in this repair because I knew it would be problamatic, yet in an effort to try to fix your mistake not ours we get chastised for actually fixing the car? In my opinion this defies logic? You stated that you understand the difficulties encountered with the diagnosis, you are right it was difficult, and when we have to go over some one elses repair and spend twice the amount of time on the car then what was necessary, that time comes at a cost. I can honestly say this is the first time in my career that some one has been made at me for actually fixing their car? I am sorry you don't see any value in the service that we performed for you. I doub't that most shops would have even taken the car in, but we did. We put the time in to fix things right. We don't shy away from difficult repairs, we have the experience and knowledge necessary, but that knowledge comes at a cost. I hope that you reconsider your review of our business, resubmit a new review and give us the credit that we deserve and earned.

Kate M. on 07/06/2017
Kate said her husband's service was good and they liked the people.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 07/06/2017
KAREN C. on 06/27/2017
"Auto Repair"
Rick was extremely thorough. He spoke to me in layman's terms so I understood everything he was saying.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017 07:54 AM

OLIVIA K. on 06/26/2017
"Knowledgeable guys! "
I was really pleased with Marv and Mike's transmissions. Marv looked at my car and explained what was wrong with it in terms that I would understand. He told me that if my car ever has an issue again, I can call his direct number and explain the issues it's having.
I would definitely recommend to a friend.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 08:49 AM

Thank You.

Bill M. on 06/24/2017
Bill said he likes the business and they always do a good job. They save him money.
Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator L
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017

Thanks

Blair H. on 06/20/2017
"Excellent service"
Marv and Mike's continue to provide excellent service. They recommend only the work that actually need to be done.
Vehicle: Acura TSX
Service Date: 06/19/2017
Review Created: 06/20/2017 04:28 AM

Marco D. on 06/13/2017
Marco said he is happy with the work and he is returning for more. They are fair priced and honest. They have a good staff.
Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/13/2017

TIM F. on 06/09/2017
"My Experience with Marv and Mike's"
The staff and mechanics were very attentive to my car's needs and kept me completely informed about what work was required to maintain the car and how much it would cost. The work they did was performed promptly and within the cost they quoted to me. I was amazed at how much time they devoted to keeping me informed. And their prices were quite reasonable.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017 05:26 AM

KEN D. on 06/09/2017
"Consistantly Great and On Budget Service"
I have had the pleasure of using Marv and Mike's for about a year to keep my family's three older vehicles on the road. Rick and his crew consistantly provide great service both in regular maintenance, and when the odd problem crops up. Additionally, my interactions with Kelly at the front counter have never been anything but pleasant and professional.
One of the things that I really appreciate, is that the mechanics will identify additional issues that are "not quite right", and will also tell you if these are "have to fix", "should fix", or normal wear and tear.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017 04:57 AM

Spike B. on 06/02/2017
"Always the professional and honesty"
I can always count on Rick to do the right thing by me, the customer,
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 06/01/2017
Review Created: 06/02/2017 10:41 AM

Roger K. on 05/26/2017
"Fixed my 2004 Ford f150"
Really took care of my issues on my truck. They went above and beyond. To fix the problem. Will keep coming back.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 05/24/2017
Review Created: 05/26/2017 10:22 AM

Thanks

Robert L. on 05/25/2017
Robert said he liked the service this business provided.
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 05/23/2017
Review Created: 05/25/2017

Kelly M. on 05/24/2017
"Great work and straight forward service"
I work long hours during the week, but it's definitely worth it to make the time to take my car to Marv & Mike's. Due to my schedule, I went elsewhere for service last round and was sorely disappointed. Won't be doing that again. Great work!
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 05/22/2017
Review Created: 05/24/2017 06:26 AM

RORY S. on 05/22/2017
"Price was as quoted, service was done in good time"
Overall experience was good. It would have been helpful to have more details of the condition of my vehicle and other recommended services.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/22/2017 06:06 AM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 05/24/2017

Thank You Rory for the feedback. Please feel free to call me anytime, I will be glad to get one of my guys to perform a complimentary vehicle inspection at no cost to you. We would be happy to provide you with this service as well as the over all condition of your car.

Don Z. on 05/20/2017
Don said the business didn't add a lot of charges to his bill or ask him to do things that were covered under the warranty. They fixed the vehicle on time and Rick did a good job diagnosing the problem. They are competent and he was treated with respect.
Vehicle: Honda Crosstour
Service Date: 05/15/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017

John M. on 05/13/2017
John said this business wound up being pricier than he expected.
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee
Service Date: 05/12/2017
Review Created: 05/13/2017
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 05/24/2017

Thank You for your business !

Mary K. on 05/11/2017
"Worked on my 1996 Ford F-150 "
As usual very good. They are good and very honest. Will keep coming back.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup