Rocky Mountain Customs

Overall Rating 3.89/5Overall Rating 3.89/5Overall Rating 3.89/5rating 3.89rating 3.89

Latest Review about 1 year ago

Jake G. on 08/14/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Worst shop I've ever worked with"
Hey everyone I just wanted to put my two cents out there about the shop Rocky Mountain Customs.

It took 16 days after nothing but excuse after excuse. All I was going to get done was tires (that I prepaid RMC for) put on my wheels that I already had and a three inch lift. He offered me a free lightbar as well. The only things that they actually completed were the lift (that took them five days and taking it to another shop to complete) and the light bar which took three days to complete. He also offered me a few other things because "he feels really bad about how long it's taking" and those have yet to be seen. Multiple times he said that he had the tires in and I never saw them, nor did they get put on. Steer far clear of Rocky Mountain Customs. Nothing but excuses spew from his mouth. This has been THE worst experience I've ever had with a shop in my entire life. I'm really dumbfounded on how they continue running a business. One redeeming thing they did was give me my money back for the tires, but again more excuses and three trips to the shop.
Service Date: 07/11/2016
Review Created: 08/14/2016 06:22 AM
Isabel L. on 04/05/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Terrible! Do not do business with them!"
My boyfriend gave Jeff a deposit and then he decided that he didn't want to wrap his car anymore. Jeff kept making excuses that he was sick and couldn't get him his 800$ refund back. It took about a week to finally get something from him. We took a check. Which was a bad idea! The check had bounced because he didn't have the money in his account and now we are out 800$. He doesn't keep his word at all. You would think he would have some knowledge and keep it since he owns this company but he doesn't. He's a liar and a scammer! I still have not seen my money! He says he will call you back and doesn't do it. And he hangs up on you when you're talking to him. He's rude and doesn't know how to run a business. I wouldn't trust this guy with anything. So if you do decided to do any business with him, I would recommend you get everything on paper, texts, have all the evidence that you can get. Also, there is no receptionist at the shop. It's bull shit that you can only reach the place by jeffs personal phone number. You would think with this kind of business he would have a receptionist or a shop phone available but he doesn't. So to get a hold of him is impossible. I would never recommend this place to anyone. They are very unprofessional! I went into the shop one day and there was no one at the front desk. You had to yell out to the shop to get anyone to hear you. Jeff goes by "the customer is always right" yeah right, if we were always right he would have gave us our refund. Just please if you give him any money for deposit make sure he sign a paper or something in that form!
Review Created: 04/05/2016 05:22 PM
Emilio M. on 07/14/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"They have had my car since March 3rd writing this review 7/15/15"
I feel like the chump he mentioned before I gave him MY TAX money and said if I go anywhere else they will think I'm a punk kid that don't know shit and run me up I've giving more then a down payment I'm 5,500 into it with them and haven't seen shit a four link suspension air bag kit that we agreed on don't take ALL SUMMER to install SUPER BAD customer service old or young nobody deserves this I've been more then nice with the time JEFF has had my truck and he still has it as I write this current date July 15 2015 don't make the same mistake and believe they know what there doing a bunch of clowns over there with NO IQ or education the only thing custom about them is the bullshit they make in there can at home not to mention NO communication NO updates these guys are a joke NO CLASS OR PRIDE in the work he probably pays people to give these bullshit reviews nobody's actually talked about what they like about their car only that they have good service lets see real reviews.!
Service Date: 07/14/2015
Review Created: 07/14/2015 03:10 PM
John F. on 06/17/2015
John said this business did a good job, and he has already recommended them to others for service.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Service Date: 06/03/2015
Review Created: 06/17/2015
Megan M. on 05/30/2015
Megan said this business has good service.
Vehicle: Kia Sorento
Service Date: 05/01/2015
Review Created: 05/30/2015
Sam L. on 05/28/2015
Sam said Josh was an excellent mechanic.
Service Date: 05/01/2015
Review Created: 05/28/2015
Daniel V. on 05/28/2015
Daniel said this business' service is awesome.
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Service Date: 05/04/2015
Review Created: 05/28/2015
Joe C. on 04/28/2015
Joe said the business was awesome and did a great job on his vehicle.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 04/24/2015
Review Created: 04/28/2015
Alice N. on 04/20/2015
Alice said the business provided awesome service. The personnel made her feel comfortable and they kept her updated the whole time. They delivered her vehicle on time and they are amazing.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 04/06/2015
Review Created: 04/20/2015
Daniel V. on 02/28/2015
Daniel said this business was very nice and helpful. They did a great job.
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Service Date: 02/24/2015
Review Created: 02/28/2015
Greg B. on 02/25/2015
Greg said he had a good experience. However, they could not perform the service he wanted in his suggested price range so he did not have the service performed.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 01/29/2015
Review Created: 02/25/2015
PAUL M. on 02/06/2015
"was told upon arriving that they would not honor my groupon"
Called ahead before purchasing verified product and time to complete then bought it and scheduled.upon arrival I was told they do not honor the groupon price.once I explai b ed my self they followed through. Upon completion I came to pick up and was told I would have to pay up front and get re embursed by groupon because they are not audio wizard any more. Told them no then they followed through after the told me the story of how their partner is pocketing the profits from groupons instead of paying them. I felt very uneasy doing business with them. I sell cars for for a living and had I been treated right the first time I would have recommended them. 2 stars for following through with a good install but not happy with the overall experience.
Vehicle: Ford Mustang
Service Date: 02/05/2015
Review Created: 02/06/2015 09:42 PM
Jon F. on 01/21/2015
"Painless Install"
The installation was quick, easy and completed at the agreed upon price. Works great and there were no surprises. I realize the new combined business is progressing, but more work needs to be completed to make contact information easy and accurate. Calling "Audio Wizard" still just goes to a cell phone, straight to voice mail, with a full mailbox. If that part was streamlined, it would have been 5 out of 5 stars.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 01/19/2015
Review Created: 01/21/2015 08:31 AM
Brian J. on 01/12/2015
Brian said this business delivered the services they said they would at the price they promised.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 01/03/2015
Review Created: 01/12/2015
TONY S. on 12/15/2014
"Very Knowledgeable and professional"
Tony is an awesome guy. He always takes the time to explain exactly what he has done or needs to do to fix my car. He has worked on my car several times and he worked on my kid sister's Subaru transmission too. He does great work
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 12/12/2014
Review Created: 12/15/2014 02:47 PM
Benjamin L. on 11/22/2014
"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! "
I took my 05 Jeep wrangler in for a water pump and radiator. Everything I needed and beat a competitors price. I couldn't believe how customer service oriented TONY and JEFF were, fixed the first time and a decent price. .
Service Date: 09/04/2014
Review Created: 11/22/2014 07:16 PM
Ryan C. on 11/06/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"terrible place for any sort of work. "
First off if i could score them a no star i would. This shop is dirty, unprofessional and has terrible customer service. I waited 25 minutes before i was even greeted, then the owner was very rude and continued to insult my car by saying "it's nothing special" "it's just a car" and "there's no difference between your car and some other old junker" and I have a 1966 GTO with more than 30k Into it so far and I'm still not done. This shop will never do any work for me and if I can help it will never do any work for anyone I know. Plus his prices were through the roof, wanting $6500 to do my interior? They have been in business for 31 days and have no previous work to show as examples. AAA top shop in Ogden only wants $4800 and they are widely considered one of the best in the state. I strongly urge anyone considering this shop to go to a reputable, classier establishment for any of your needs.

Go to AAA top shop, the hype shop, SLS in salt lake or anywhere else but now here.
Service Date: 11/06/2014
Review Created: 11/06/2014 04:51 PM
SIMS K. on 10/16/2014
"Customer service is phenomenal! "
All work was done promptly and staff is great to work with!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 10/15/2014
Review Created: 10/16/2014 02:07 PM
Phill H. on 10/15/2014
"great work good prize !!!"
Very honest and personal service
Vehicle: Dodge Neon