Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center

ED C. on 06/23/2017
"Another visit"
As always great customer service and repairs made as needed. These guys are great.
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017 01:00 PM
JERRY W. on 06/21/2017
"Runs great!"
Mike Gabrielson and crew did usual good work on my old Toyota. Took little longer than initially stated but end result was satisfactoryđź‘Ť
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017 08:51 AM
Ben S. on 06/21/2017
Ben said he has no problems with this business. They were able to diagnose whatever was wrong and they gave him a quote. He will be scheduling another appointment with them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Astro
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017
Juan M. on 06/12/2017
Spoke with Nora. She said the employees were pretty accurate with the diagnostic.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 06/06/2017
Review Created: 06/12/2017
Robert F. on 06/12/2017
Robert said Joe at this business was awesome and provided great and honest customer service. He was also satisfied with service being completed faster and cheaper than he expected.
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/12/2017
A.J. H. on 06/09/2017
A.J. said this business had a fast turn around time.
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017
Michael B. on 06/02/2017
Michael said the business is great and they treat him well.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 05/26/2017
Review Created: 06/02/2017
Levi T. on 05/26/2017
Levi said he likes the business. They are great and very knowledgeable. They have a great radio show.
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/26/2017
Bill T. on 05/24/2017
Bill said Joe was helpful and they always treat him fairly. Each time he's had service at this business, they have always gone above and beyond. He has all of his drive shafts done at this business.
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/24/2017
DAN A. on 05/22/2017
"Leaks, Leaks and Leaks."
So I bought a Jeep CJ5 that someone spent two years restoring. One of the final things the prior owner did was have Simmons 4X4 install a re-manufactured Jasper 6 cylinder motor. After I bought the Jeep in March 2017, within the first like 1000 miles I noticed oil dripping from the rear of the motor. I took it back and they confirmed what I thought, that the rear main seal was leaking, so they pulled the transmission and the oil pan to fix this. When I got it back, the clutch was not operating correctly, but the jeep was already scheduled to go to another shop to have a fuel injection system installed as I thought the jeep was always running rough, so I thought it was inherent with the carburetor, that was a stock piece. Well when the other place went to put the fuel injection system on, they quickly discovered that there was an intake manifold leak, which would explain why the jeep always ran rough, but I already had committed to a $3100 fuel injection system. The jeep was sent back to Simmons to have the intake leak fixed, which turned out to be the casket. After that the jeep was sent back to the other shop to finish up the injection system. When the injection system was all done, I had to go take the Jeep back to Simmons so they could get the clutch right. All of the Simmons stuff was done under warranty with Jasper, but it was a pain that should not have been encountered with a re-manufactured motor. So I was moving to Colorado within about two weeks after getting the Jeep back so when I got to Colorado, I noticed a great deal of oil all over the bottom of the Jeep, so I crawled underneath to find out that the leak was coming from the front of the oil pan. I proceeded to take a socked to the bolts on the pan only to find out about a third of them were loose and one of the bolts is stripped or the block is stripped where the bolt screws into it. Now I need to find a Jasper repair facility near Ouray Colorado, which I have no idea as to how that is going to go and I'm still trying to clean all of the oil residue from the bottom of the Jeep. I paid a great deal of Money for this Jeep thinking that the motor would be trouble free, but needless to say, this has not been the case.
Vehicle: Jeep CJ5
Service Date: 04/20/2017
Review Created: 05/22/2017 07:06 PM
TIM H. on 05/21/2017
"Service not asked for"
First let me say thanks for your GREAT WORK "Bill" and Mike at the counter.
I brought my (new to me) truck in for specific work and got more than I asked for. While had only put 1000 miles on it from the time bought it, it is true I knew very little about the truck. However, just as it has happen in the past with other repair shops Simmons dove into stuff they were NOT authorized to do. Namely a vehicle inspection, brakes being the subject matter. Having turned wrenches for number of years myself in Michigan, I am no stranger to rust on a passage car.
When Simmons had a look at the brakes on the truck, I know what they saw. The mistake made was striking the rotor and or brake drum with a heavy hammer, which someone had to of done. In striking the rotor or drum you cause a deformity that was otherwise not there when you received the truck. Having made the mistake years back, I know why I now have a shake in the brake system I did not have when I brought you the truck. Somebody beat on my drums or rotors.
Next, inconsistencies are always troubling. Previous owner presented me with all records for truck including those of the oil changes. I just received my report on the oil analysis I sent out 4 days before you got the truck. Havoline Blend Synthetic. The visual of the oil was very clean, the truck was delivered to you 1/2 quart low do to taking sample. The report came with excellent review and able to perform. Much to my surprise the acidic level was still very low. All of that to say, I really would like to know who you all came up with "dirty gunky oil'? I spent 20 years working in Hydraulics, please understand that I know clean from dirty oil.
So about those breaks on my truck, I'll take care of them. But I would like to know what Simmons will do in the future? Namely when I bring my Jeep Grand Cherokee in for service work. My jeep has an air break system on it to actuate the hydraulic while in tow. Will Simmons continue to do unauthorized work? The last service center that worked on my Jeep spent $3000 correcting the damage to my Jeep break system, paying someone else.
I just want hear you say that you will stick to the authorized work only and I will be back again and again provided Bill is the guy doing the work.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 07:48 PM
DAVID P. on 05/21/2017
"Awsome job and thank you!"
Got Scout to pass emissions and gave a good run down of things recommend to keep it going. All at a reasonable price. I will be coming back for some front end work on both my Tacoma and my Scout II.
Vehicle: International Scout II
Review Created: 05/21/2017 03:47 PM
RAYMOND W. on 05/21/2017
"WHARTON"
GREAT PEPOLE I AM TOTALY SATISFIED.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 08:07 AM
Chris W. on 05/20/2017
Chris said the business worked well and they did great work. They provided a good experience.
Service Date: 05/16/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017
ABBI G. on 05/17/2017
"Always Excellent"
I tell everyone that this is THE place to take a vehicle. Not the least expensive, but quality work and great customer service.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Vehicle: Ford
Service Date: 05/12/2017
Review Created: 05/17/2017 07:00 AM
Kyle H. on 05/13/2017
Kyle said this business finished the work on his vehicle very quickly and they got it back sooner than promised.
Review Created: 05/13/2017
Kevin T. on 05/12/2017
Kevin said this business did an excellent job. It was very quick and the prices were reasonable.
Review Created: 05/12/2017
Phil B. on 05/10/2017
Phil said this business was excellent to him and they finished in a timely manner.
Service Date: 05/05/2017
Review Created: 05/10/2017
MELANIE C. on 05/09/2017
"New Drive shaft for my truck"
The work was done quickly, expertly, and at a fair cost.
Vehicle: Ford F-150