South Coast Subaru

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 1 year ago

Raul G. on 08/29/2016
"HORRIBLE SERVICE"
AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!! I recently purchased a new 2016 Subaru Outback from South Coast Subaru. Their sales staff was nice and accommodating. Overall I felt that the process ran smoothly. However, now that I was looking to get an oil change done for the first time, I began calling their service department. When I would call, I would be connected to the receptionist that would then transfer my call. Every time I tried to reach the service department the phone would just ring and ring and never be answered. I had the same experience for 2 weeks. I then thought I would test them out and see if I could reach them through another means by calling their sales department (cause you KNOW they’ll pick up) and sure enough I got a person who could then only offer to transfer me to service. So even though the sales room is within 20 ft of their service dept (which has no walls separating them) I couldn’t get anyone on the line. I then so happened to be in the area, but short on time, and decided to walk in and see what the problem was. I walk in and see the service guys sitting there with some customers and I ask them why they don’t pick up their phone when someone calls and that I need an oil change. The guy just says “oh ok” and continues to ignore me. Since I didn’t have the time to sit and wait, I just left and called looked up their GM. I called both the GM’s and President’s direct number listed on their website and sure enough I get the damn receptionist again. All I could do was leave a voicemail requesting a call back…that never happened. Issues like this can be resolved privately, but since you don’t even pick up your phone, they need to be dealt with publically.
Service Date: 08/26/2016
Review Created: 08/29/2016 07:51 AM
Anthony S. on 12/14/2015
"Very dishonest."
I purchased 2 cars from South Coast in 2015. Both were great experiences. Today, however, I learned some information that certainly has cut the life on my car and will ensure I never visit this dealership again.
When bringing in my used 2013 Impreza STi for service at a closer dealership, it was casually mentioned by the service rep that I'd had my short block (engine) replaced. This was news to me, but I'd only owned the car for 4 months. I inquired as to when that was performed and learned that the short block was replaced a mere 7 days, and around 40 odometer miles prior to my purchasing it! This was never mentioned on the test drive, or in the 3 hour paperwork exercise to purchase the car. I was not warned to break the motor in properly (after all, the car had 43k miles on it). I'm not upset that I have a new engine, I am however LIVID that nobody informed me of this, and I was not warned to perform the proper and gentle engine break in for a few thousand miles. I am now extremely paranoid about the long term health of my engine.
Sales Date: 08/08/2015
Service Date: 09/28/2015
Review Created: 12/10/2015 05:23 PM
Anthony S. on 12/03/2015
"Incredibly dishonest."

When bringing in my used 2013 Impreza STi for service at a closer dealership, it was casually mentioned by the service rep that I'd had my short block (engine) replaced. This was news to me, but I'd only owned the car for 4 months. I inquired as to when that was performed and learned that the short block was replaced a mere 7 days, and around 40 odometer miles prior to my purchasing it! This was never mentioned on the test drive, or in the 3 hour paperwork exercise to purchase the car. I was not warned to break the motor in properly (after all, the car had 43k miles on it). I'm not upset that I have a new engine, I am however LIVID that nobody informed me of this, and nobody warned me to perform the proper and gentle engine break in for a few thousand miles. I am now extremely paranoid about the long term health of my engine.
Sales Date: 07/28/2015
Review Created: 12/03/2015 04:16 PM
Kimberly N. on 10/21/2015
"Thank you"
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WAGON
Review Created: 10/21/2015 10:10 AM
Adrianne R. on 10/19/2015
"in and out and satisfied"
Always goo service
Review Created: 10/19/2015 10:42 AM
Donna Marie S. on 10/19/2015
"What a great experience!"
We went in looking for a late model used Outback, and came home with a new one for just a few dollars more. Hanh is one of the most accommodating and friendly people we have ever met. She was awesome to work with, and Arthur took excellent care us as well. We recommend them both highly!
Sales Date: 10/03/2015
Review Created: 10/19/2015 09:12 AM
Gary N. on 10/19/2015
"Fast, friendly service."
Staff was friendly and the service was fast. My car was done even before it had been promised.
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTREK
Review Created: 10/19/2015 07:01 AM
Gary B. on 10/17/2015
"Will listen to you and always try to accommodate customer needs"
Review Created: 10/17/2015 09:32 AM
Susana Z. on 10/17/2015
"Great service "
Friendly and always helpful, thanks!
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA
Review Created: 10/17/2015 07:33 AM
Nancy M. on 10/17/2015
"Friendly. Helpful. Non-pressure sales. "
I bought my Forester through the Costco car pricing. The salesman and the rest of the staff were knowledgable and very helpful. They bent over backwards to answer all my questions and make the car buying process a good one. The facility is small and bustling. It looks like they could use more space.
Sales Date: 10/03/2015
Review Created: 10/17/2015 05:39 AM
Elizabeth R. on 10/17/2015
"Minor Service for my Outback"
Great customer service. Very friendly staff.
Review Created: 10/17/2015 04:46 AM
Stephen L. on 10/16/2015
"Brake Job"
Wow! Another great job done by South Coast Subaru. The tech Mike did the work and Dave in the service dept. made it all come
together. Everything turned out absolutely perfect. Ferdie as usual was instrumental in giving me the best price and service possible.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WAGON WRX
Service Date: 10/02/2015
Review Created: 10/16/2015 07:36 PM
Carlo T. on 10/16/2015
"Excellent Customer Service"
I was in the market for a Subaru WRX. The salesperson (Taylor) and the Finance Manager (Phillip) at South Coast Subaru were very helpful and straightforward. I did my due diligence and shopped around and found the other two nearby dealerships to be unhelpful and their lease rates were not at all competitive. Once I decided to purchase the vehicle from South Coast, Taylor and Phillip graciously accommodate my work schedule and had everything I needed ready to go. The car is great and the team at South Coast Subaru made it is easy to purchase this car. If not for them, I probably would have selected a different make and model. Overall, I am very happy with the experience and have already recommended this dealership to my friends.
Vehicle: SUBARU WRX
Sales Date: 10/02/2015
Review Created: 10/16/2015 12:46 PM
Eric G. on 10/16/2015
"Piece of mind"
Buying my car from this particular dealership has been one of the best parts about owning a Subaru. Always friendly, efficient, and the free car washes are just the icing on the cake. Look forward to every scheduled maintenance knowing my vehicle will be in the best of hands,
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTREK
Service Date: 09/30/2015
Review Created: 10/16/2015 11:02 AM
Alexandria D. on 10/12/2015
"Customer service "
As a first time buyer I did not know what to expect, but I left feeling very secure and taken cared of throughout the whole process. Everyone was extremely helpful and patient, which is something I much appreciated. I will definitely recommend others who are looking for a Subaru and desires great customer service. Thank you.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA
Sales Date: 09/28/2015
Review Created: 10/12/2015 07:53 PM
Kenneth M. on 10/12/2015
"Friendly and no hassle, no haggle. Honest in their dealings w us."
As pleasant a car buying experience as I have ever had.
Sales Date: 09/27/2015
Review Created: 10/12/2015 05:01 PM
Josh A. on 10/12/2015
"Timely Oil Change "
Can in for an oil change, they gave me a time when the whole thing would be finished and it was completed on time with no issues.
Service Date: 09/21/2015
Review Created: 10/12/2015 09:52 AM
Vivian R. on 10/12/2015
"Great Job! "
Great customer service from service advisor. Overal friendly staff. Very helpful.
Vehicle: HONDA ACCORD SDN
Service Date: 09/28/2015
Review Created: 10/12/2015 09:29 AM
Martin H. on 10/11/2015
"Wonderful customer service!"
My sales person was informative and efficient. The Sales assistant manager was extremely accommodating and friendly. They both did an excellent job on the paperwork and explaining my new Subaru Outback.
Excellent.