Speed Lube

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Bart S. on 02/27/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Avoid Speed Lube at All Costs"
I recommend against entrusting your car, not only to this particular shop, but to any shop owned by Speed Lube Corporation. This shop destroyed my elderly dad's engine by sending him out without any oil in his engine. They didn't even replace the oil cap. The car broke down 7 blocks after his oil change. They denied responsibility, ignored Better Business Bureau's inquiry and never answered the state attorney general's offer to mediate. they never responded to our phone call or our complaint on their online form. Seven months after they killed his Lincoln, they had the nerve to request postponement of his Small Claims Court date by another month. The court proceedings were a true disgrage. The corporation was allowed representation by a lawyer, but I wasn't allowed to sit with my dad and assist him as he conducted his case. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, for the Illinois-based corporation. The judge agreed that Speed Lube destroyed my dad's engine, but agreed with the lawyer that they needn't repair or replace the engine, just pay the Blue Book value on the car. So my dad got a judgment for $800 for a beautiful Lincoln he had just paid $3,000 for. This is not an ethical business. Stay as far from them as you can.
Service Date: 06/23/2016