Spirit Auto Repair

Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5rating 4.33333
Overall Rating 1.66667/5rating 1.66667rating 1.66667rating 1.66667rating 1.66667

Review for Spirit Auto Repair
MARLEE G. on 11/06/2015
"oil change turned into $350"
I took my van here to get an oil change. After a half hour Ryan called and told me that I needed an oil pan since mine was bad. It didn't surprise me since I had been losing oil recently.He said it would cost $250 for this. Yikes! However, after 20 minutes he called me back and told me that the valve stem was bad on one of my wheels. He said it was dangerous to drive and that would be another $85. So after wanting just an oil change for $25, I spent $350. And my TPM light still goes on. He told me it wasn't a guarantee that the light would go off, and it didn't. I have the same problem as before. Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at, is that I feel extremely vulnerable about this. Maybe these repairs were not even necessary. It doesn't sit well with me that now my car seems to shake when pressing the brakes. I don't think I will be returning. I am sorry. Some thing just did not feel right.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 11/03/2015
Review Created: 11/06/2015 06:12 PM
The Team a. at Spirit Auto Repair responded on 11/09/2015

To be honest, this review takes me by surprise. When a customer has issues with their vehicle that could cause permanent damage to the vehicle, or strand or endanger them, it is our duty to inform the customer of the issues. The oil pan gasket was leaking which could cause permanent damage to the motor if the oil level got too low, so I recommended replacement of the gasket. The valve stem was cracked (which is attached to a TPMS sensor). It was bad enough that air could have escaped from the tire. In order to fix that issue we had to replace the valve stem which included a TPMS sensor. We did not diagnose, or charge for a diagnosis of what is actually causing the TPMS alert light that didn't go off, we just know that the sensor that we replaced was cracked and attached to a bad valve stem. I personally take a lot of pride in customer service and retention.