Latest Review about 1 month ago
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Review Created: 07/20/2017 05:55 AM
Jeff J. on 07/19/2017
"We'll be back"
Prompt and skilled service made an unexpected mechanical problem a little less traumatic; thanks for doing a good job quickly and reasonably!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Colorado
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017 03:24 PM
Sukanya B. on 07/19/2017
"Great Service!"
Very polite, helpful and efficient. My car's brakes were at the point of failing when I took it to them at 4:15 pm one evening. I did not realize the imminent danger I was in. They readily agreed to check it even though they were about to close at 5pm. They stayed open till 5:45 pm just to repair my car so that I would not come to harm while driving it. I am very grateful for their timely help and was very impressed by how helpful and quick they were with their service. I highly recommend them.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017 07:32 AM
Paulette S. on 07/18/2017
"THE BEST AND MOST TRUSTWORTHY"
There are times when it is hard to find an honest, trustworthy auto repair shop. Well, quit looking, because State Street Auto is the place to go for great service for your automobile. As a matter of fact, all of Mr. Hogue's auto shops are excellent!! Choose one and stick with them. They'll get to know your vehicle and will take great care of it/you.
Vehicle: Dodge Journey
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017 02:24 PM
Jeff M. on 07/15/2017
"Outstanding people"
This shop has the perfect balance of technology and the so often missing human connection. Although they have the latest and greatest equipment in the shop and office they do not try use this technology to replace real customer service. During my visit I always felt well informed about the status of my vehicle as it related to cost and timing. The service that I received here is very hard to find this day and age. I will be back for future auto repair needs. Thanks State Street Auto for the outstanding attention to detail, communication and all around great service.
Vehicle: Ford Cutaway
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017 03:08 AM
Karen C. on 06/26/2017
"Good service and friendly atmosphere"
Very pleased with the service and appreciated the informative and

Very pleased with the auto repair service and appreciated the updates while service was ongoing. Also front desk staff were very cordial and helpful.. Will definitely return.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 10:03 AM
Randall M. on 06/25/2017
"Great service!"
Handled fast in emergency situation, work done within reasonable time frame and price. Thanks!
Vehicle: Buick Park Avenue
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/25/2017 12:26 PM
Jeff S. on 06/20/2017
"Diagnostic"
Jeep was having low battery issues. They properly diagnosed the alternator and since it was covered under warrenty agrees it would be better to take to dealer. Very fair of them.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 06/19/2017
Review Created: 06/20/2017 06:12 AM
Brian O. on 06/17/2017
"Fast and Professional Service, As Usual"
I value someone who knows how to work on my 5 cylinder german turbo diesel.
Vehicle: Dodge Sprinter
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/17/2017 12:58 PM
Emily H. on 06/15/2017
"Excellent communication from knowledgeable staff"
Brandon was extremely professional, explained all of the options clearly, and kept in touch frequently with updates.
Vehicle: Mercury Mariner
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017 05:43 PM
Sandy H. on 06/15/2017
"Awesome!"
We were visiting in Ann Arbor when our car had "issues". Brandon fit us in on a busy day, was very friendly, service oriented, efficient, and very reasonably priced! We may start doing our car service here with scheduled visits from out of town. Highly recommend!
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017 07:28 AM
Dan K. on 06/05/2017
"Looking for knowledgeable and trustworthy mechanics? "
Go to State Street Auto.

I was in a rush to get my rotors and pads replaced before a long trip and Brandon was kind enough to squeeze me into their busy schedule on the same day! The mechanics are fantastic and swapped out my old rotors and pads in less than 1.5 hours after they estimated a 2 hour time line with very agreeable labor charge. Considering the amount of rust and how old my brakes were estimates from local competitors quoted me at much higher labor fees and said it would be hard to say how long the job would take- 1 or 2 days. I have had 4 years of experience as a mechanics assistant and recently changed my rotors and pads under the same conditions in 6 hours with basic tools, a decent cordless impact driver, some WD40, and a steel tube as a breaker bar.

I've been trying to diagnose a squeaking and thumping sound by myself for a few months now and State Street Auto's mechanics localized the source immediately.

Everyone there is very friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced with vehicle repair and their advice was well received.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 05/26/2017
Review Created: 06/05/2017 06:10 PM
Michelle T. on 05/25/2017
"Quick affordable service. "
Very pleased with quality of service and price. Great communicators. Will be back.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cruze
Service Date: 05/23/2017
Review Created: 05/25/2017 04:49 PM
Nicole H. on 05/21/2017
"Brandon Rocks!"
The AC in my car wasn't blowing cold air, as summer is starting it got really uncomfortable to take my hour commute every day. I called State Street Auto and Brandon answered. He was the one I kept in contact with throughout my experience. I told him I needed my car by the end of the next day and was pretty frugal. He completely understood and before doing any to my car, he made sure to call me and ask for my approval. He ended up calling me upwards of 5 times that day and each time he was still friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone. Any auto repair could have fixed my car, but not any place has the customer service this place does.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 10:09 AM
Don W. on 05/14/2017
"A great business continues"
I always liked this place when they were Jourdens Auto. I am glad to see the the excellent service and fair prices has continued under the new name and new management.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 05/12/2017
Review Created: 05/14/2017 11:49 AM
Nancy F. on 05/13/2017
"Great place to take my car"
Brad was very friendly and helpful.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 05/10/2017
Review Created: 05/13/2017 01:54 PM
Paulette S. on 05/05/2017
"State Street Auto -- the place to go for trustworthy car care!!"
Responsive to the customer car care needs. They explain what needs to be done and the plan for completing the task. When a paperwork error is discovered, they work with customer to correct. This is a business I trust and I will continue to take my car there for service.
Vehicle: Dodge Journey
Service Date: 05/04/2017
Review Created: 05/05/2017 11:20 AM
Larry L. on 05/04/2017
"Good first visit "
Just like Hoover Street Auto, I had a good experience coming in for oil change and discussing things about my car that led to new cabin filter, air filter and air freshener
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 05/04/2017 04:06 AM
Steve S. on 05/03/2017
"Work good- but now that it's not Jourdans.. price for parts much too high!"
Work continues to be solid, but charging over $400 for an alternator is, honestly, excessive. The total bill to replace it was $750. Labor price was very fair as it ws a hard part to get out on this care.

Jourdan's has been my go to place for many years. The actual cost of the part is around $100, so at 100% markup ($200) I wouldn't have batted an eye- but $400? I couldn't find *any* supplier that had one over $125 for this model, except the dealership had it at $135. The dealership told me they would have replaced it for about $500 total. Sadly, now I wish I had gone there. I have been loyal as a customer, but now thinking about other places because of the excessive price in this case.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 05/01/2017
Review Created: 05/03/2017 01:11 PM
Kathy M. on 04/30/2017
"Great service!"
They were able to accommodate me quickly for an oil change and the service was fast and the staff very friendly.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4