Terry Sayther Automotive

Overall Rating 4.32/5Overall Rating 4.32/5Overall Rating 4.32/5Overall Rating 4.32/5rating 4.32

Latest Review almost 6 years ago

Robert B. on 11/11/2011
Robert said he was happy with his service and had nothing to complain about.
Service Date: 10/28/2011
Review Created: 11/11/2011
Paola B. on 11/07/2011
Paola said the service she received was fantastic.
Service Date: 10/17/2011
Review Created: 11/07/2011
Matt G. on 11/07/2011
Matt said this is the most honest automotive business he has ever been to and that is rare for BMW owners. Terry and his crew do a great job. They have always done right by him and he appreciates it.
Service Date: 10/18/2011
Review Created: 11/07/2011
Laura M. on 11/03/2011
Laura said she has already recommend this business for service.
Service Date: 10/27/2011
Review Created: 11/03/2011
Karen Y. on 11/03/2011
Karen said the man she dealt with was very courteous and was able to answer all her questions and it is just very good service over all.
Service Date: 10/24/2011
Review Created: 11/03/2011
Lauri H. on 11/02/2011
Lauri said this business had a pretty quick turn around and she likes the people that work at this business.
Service Date: 10/18/2011
Review Created: 11/02/2011
Michael C. on 11/02/2011
Michael that this business always has excellent service.
Service Date: 10/27/2011
Review Created: 11/02/2011
Marissa L. on 10/24/2011
Marissa said the business was very honest and efficient.
Service Date: 09/19/2011
Review Created: 10/24/2011
Andy P. on 10/21/2011
Spoke with Andy's wife. She said it's not difficult to schedule an appointment with this business, but this business is always too busy. She chose not to offer additional details. Her husband always recommends this business for service.
Service Date: 09/20/2011
Review Created: 10/21/2011
Denise M. on 10/19/2011
Denise said this business has done a really good job for her and she appreciates them.
Service Date: 09/22/2011
Review Created: 10/19/2011
George R. on 10/18/2011
"Fixed my MINI "
They fixed a coolant leak. I will be back for brakes and power steering hose they let me know needed fixing. These guys are the best.
Service Date: 10/17/2011
Review Created: 10/18/2011 08:55 PM
Raymond L. on 10/18/2011
Raymond said this business did a great job on his BMW.
Service Date: 09/20/2011
Alex C. on 10/18/2011
Alex said he does business with them all the time.
Greig W. on 10/18/2011
Greig said the service he received was great although it was a little pricey.
Service Date: 09/19/2011
ernest g. on 09/27/2011
"Affordability?"
A whiner !!! I guess having to come back to your shop over and over again for the same problem is considered whining !!!Wow, really, you actually call out customers and opinion whether or not they can afford to deal with you? And when challenged you just brush them off ? True colors are showing!!!!
Review Created: 09/27/2011 07:52 AM
TERRY S. at Terry Sayther Automotive responded on 09/28/2011
Whining sounds like whining, what can I say? It hasn't stopped yet. I gave you your money back, what more can I do? Apologize? I'm sorry you're unhappy. I'm sorry to lose a customer. I'm sorry your car has problems. I'm sorry you usually have to pay for your gasoline. I'm sorry we had to fire you as a customer. But I'm not sorry that we won't be seeing you again, because your "True colors are showing!!!"
ernest g. on 09/27/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Follow-up to Service, Call from Terry"
I just got a call from Terry in defense of him charging me $28.50 for gas. He stated that i received the full amount of gas for $28.50. If this were true then i would have received at least 7.6 gallons of gas in my car at $3.75 per gallon and this was not the case, as i immediately left and filled up my car with 16.4 gallons of gas (car has 21 gallon tank). The tech told me that Terry charges a lot for a gallon of gas. Terry also stated that he was present when the technician advised me that they had to put gas in my car which is also untrue. All i am saying in this feedback is that in my opinion, he was not completely honest in his defense of the gas issue and if this is an example of how he treats a repeat customer then all loyalty gets you is a good poke n the eye and pocket book so just be cautious and buyer beware. It should be noted that if I had not responded to the feedback all of this would have never come out. Terry, by his own accord and i told him to forget it, decided to refund the $28.50 and the cost of the expansion tank which i'm not sure what this will be since this is the fourth expansion tank he has replaced ( all under warranty). Terry also told me to take my busniess else where. I am a bit upset that just because i called him out on a gas price gouge he now wants me to go away. Just makes you wonder, huh? And, confirms what i have always believed to be true about Terry when it comes to dealing with me.
Review Created: 09/27/2011 07:41 AM
TERRY S. at Terry Sayther Automotive responded on 09/28/2011
Isn't this silly? Ernest Garcia continues to whine about us putting gas into his car when he brought it to us empty! And even after I have given him his money back! The last time he brought it in empty, we called and told him that we needed to get gas and he said to just ignore the gauge; that he KNEW there was plenty of gas. He was correct---we did our short test drive and delivered the car back to him. He then ran out of gas about 100 yards from the shop. We then had to take him down to a gas station and bring him back with a gas can so he could continue on his way. We did not charge him for this service, hoping that he would learn from it. Apparently, he has still not learned. We put gas in his car. Guilty. We charged him $28.50 without his permission. Guilty. We gave him his money back when he complained---that's our policy. He's still upset. That's why we asked him not to come back. How much more reasonable can I be? He says I have been dishonest. He is completely in error. I WAS here when he picked up his car---I had my back to him doing other work, but I listened to what he was told. Because he didn't see me he calls me dishonest. "If I had not responded to the feedback all of this would never have come out"---well, duh! I tell every customer that my expectations are that our work be perfect, and that if there are any questions, please give me a call. Ernest Garcia chose instead to take the cowards route and give us a bad internet review. That's ok. If there were customer review forums, I would give Ernest NO stars and I would not recommend him to others.
Ernest G. on 09/26/2011
"Price Gouge"
I had my 540i serviced for a loss of coolant problem and the an expansion tank was replaced for the fourth time. However what upset me the most was that even though my gas mileage range indicated 60 miles range left in the tank (three gallons are left even after the range shows zero), Terry charged me $28.50 for a gallon of gas!!! I didn't know he was from SAUDI ARABIA!!! He said he had to test drive it, C'mon it was a coolant problem and they pressure tested the system. If he was leary of running out of gas he should not have taken it out. $28.50 for a gallon of gas, this really makes me wanna keep coming back for a good eye poking!!!
Review Created: 09/26/2011 05:45 AM
TERRY S. at Terry Sayther Automotive responded on 09/27/2011
Ernest is such a whiner. This is the second time he has brought the car in without any gas registering on the gauge. His complaint sounds like he feels like it was unnecessary to test drive his car after the repair---I'm sure he would have held us responsible if we had NOT test driven the car! We did not charge him $28.50 for a gallon of gas---we charged him $28.50 for the gas we put in the car. Normally we charge labor for sending someone out to get gas in an empty car, but in this case we did not do so---we just charge him for the gas he got. Clearly Ernest does not trust our judgement and cannot afford the services needed for his car. I am refunding his $28.50 and sending him elsewhere for his services.
Gary A. on 09/17/2011
"1986 528E"
Sayther Automotive provided excellent repair work as this car has sit for over a year. I was very pleased with the cost of repair. A coolant part that had eroded became evident after driving the car for a month. This was repaired by the shop. The final cost came in higher but the shop didn't charge for the part.
Excellent integrity!!
Service Date: 09/15/2011
Review Created: 09/17/2011 07:33 AM
Mandy M. on 09/14/2011
"Excellent work"
Always do a great job, know their stuff.
Review Created: 09/14/2011 08:08 PM
Madeleine M. on 09/14/2011
"Deep regret"
I have always serviced my Mini and before that my Z3, with you. This month, as I explained, I had over $500 in unexpected medical expenses (I had shingles) I begged for a post-dated check arrangement or other payment plan -- I take home $3,000 (three thousand dollars) per month AFTER taxes and have proof - work at Supreme Court now. I was quoted $1500 for clutch and $500 for flywheel. I could not pay this all at once, today (I get paid once a month, on the 1st). I was told, "I strongly doubt Terry would go for any kind of payment arrangement, you pick up the car, you pay. That's it." My neighborhood mechanic is doing the whole job, including flywheel, for $1370 AND taking 1 or 2 postdated checks. Of course I am concerned he may lack your expertise. I literally have no choice -- I am fighting for survival and am flat broke right now (about $500 in the bank). I've considered you not only great mechanics but friends. Very much regret you would not extend this courtesy to me, especially in a (medical) emergency and because of course I have already paid you (for my 2 cars) I believe several thousand dollars. Very disappointed (and frankly, my feelings are hurt). Yes, business is business but IMHO customer relations are part of business. I've been a good customer, as best I know. Just crushed.
Service Date: 09/14/2011
Review Created: 09/14/2011 08:05 PM
TERRY S. at Terry Sayther Automotive responded on 09/22/2011
> Hi, Mandy-- > > I am sorry that you are disappointed with our shop, and even more sorry that you have shingles! We have had several friends fight that unnerving battle, and I know it is terribly aggravating and very painful. I hope that your recovery is swift. > > In regards to your disappointment in our "family"...We DO try and run our shop as a family. That extends to our customers, and to the people who work for us as well. As family, we all have to be careful of money matters. In fairness to our customer family, we have to pay our parts supplier bills so that we have the parts we need to fix cars. In fairness to our employee family, we have to make sure that their well earned paycheck can be cashed at the bank the day they get it. > > We all are experiencing a different economy the past few years, so we have to be more careful than usual. MANY people ask us for credit these days. If we allowed everyone who asks us to post date a check, or to wait till next week to charge their credit card, it would be a difficult thing. We have to work very hard every day to make sure our business obligations are met. So even though we are family, we have to take care to treat everyone fairly--and so we have had to develop and hold firm to our no credit policy. > > I am sorry that your feelings are hurt, and that you feel disappointment that somehow we have breached your relationship with us. But for us to maintain the best relationship with our vendors, our employees, and our bank, we have to have rules and stick to them. So do not feel singled out--we are trying to survive, just like your favorite doctor, plumber, grocery store, or any other small independent business. > > I hope that you find the work on your car perfect, and that your recovery from shingles is over soon. I appreciate your effort in writing to us, and hope that you can understand why we could not extend credit. > > Thanks--Debbie > >