Tom Finch Automotive

CHERYL C. on 08/19/2017
"Friendly staff!"
Always feel safe driving my car after it is repaired at Tom Finch Auto. Jake and others always friendly and helpful.
Vehicle: Buick Century
Service Date: 08/16/2017
Review Created: 08/19/2017 09:25 PM
STEVE A. on 08/07/2017
"5 Stars "
Great customer service and quick to get us in.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 08/04/2017
Review Created: 08/07/2017 09:08 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 08/07/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review!

MARTY B. on 07/27/2017
"How much?"
I brought my Mazda in with possible brake issues. A check of the Mazda found brakes worn, tie-rods out of alignment, and I was told it was due for an oil chicago. I asked for a cost estimate and was told the brakes would be about $300, tie-rods $450, and oil change $40,
I said I couldn't afford to pay that much but would do the brakes now and the rest later.
When I was called that the car was finished, I asked about the price and was charged $600. WHAT ? I said I was quoted $300 for the brakes. I was then told it was $300 per axle.
In the future, perhaps when giving a quote, the phrase "per axle" should be emphasized more clearly.
I was able to pay only because your receptionist suggested a charge account to spread the payments out over 6 months. Thank God for that!
Vehicle: Mazda CX-9
Service Date: 07/25/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017 10:58 PM
BERRY B. on 07/21/2017
"tHE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT"
I don't give anyone a perfect score. This is as close as I can come (I would have added a half if that was an option)
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 07:11 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 08/07/2017

Thank you for the great review!

MIAH S. on 07/19/2017
"Excellent service!!"
Great service and staff was very helpful and understanding!! Thank you for all you guys do!!
Vehicle: Mazda CX-7
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017 05:55 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 07/19/2017

Thanks for the great review.  Thank you for the 5 star rating and the recommendation.  Hope everything works out in your favor.
Thanks again and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

CHERYL C. on 07/14/2017
"mileage ?"
The service is always great and prompt. However the mileage on my trailblazer is not 167,000. I believe my odometer says around 62,000 miles.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 08:24 PM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 07/19/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review!  I adjusted the mileage.  Not sure what happened but i fixed it.  Thank you again!!!

JOE T. on 07/12/2017
"Open on Saturday "
Easy to get an appointment. Work done quickly. Very reasonable prices. And my car was washed. That's huge for me! Thanks, Rollo!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 07/01/2017
Review Created: 07/12/2017 11:57 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 07/19/2017

Thank you for the great review and the 5 stars!!!!

LACY B. on 07/08/2017
"Great service!"
They were able to get me in the day after I called and quick!
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 08:10 PM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 07/10/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review!

SUSAN H. on 07/08/2017
"Smacked the rear view mirror off!"
I knocked my rear view mirror off, and Finch Automotive looked into a new/painted one vs a used /they would paint one to see which would save ME $$$!!! Love it!!
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 05:43 PM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 07/10/2017

Glad we could get you what you wanted and the way you wanted it done!  Thank you for the 5 star review!!!

DOUG S. on 06/27/2017
"Great integrity; Example of outstanding service!"
I've left other reviews, but let me express my gratitude for the outstanding service received when my trip from Topeka, KS to Chicago, IL was circumvented by an overheated engine light coming on when approaching Jacksonville, Illinois. The warning came on with no other sign of engine problem. I coaxed the vehicle little by little to the next exit on I-72, which was Jacksonville. That Saturday, I stayed until I could call a repair source on Monday. T. Finch got me in first customer of what would be a very busy day for them. Don't trust dealerships for car repairs out of town. They just take advantage of people from out of state. Finch found that the problem was a relatively small, but crucial radiator problem, and repaired it for $210.00, which was far below what might have been the cost at a dealer. They were honest, told me what exactly was the problem, did the repair and no more than what was necessary. I was very pleased with the enormous amount of calls coming in, they had been able to do the repairs in less than two hours. Great place. Would recommend to others. Found out that the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce secretary takes her vehicle there, too! She says: "They're really good!" Nice town to be stranded for a weekend. People there were very accomodating. Hotel gave me special rates because of my problem of having to stay extra days and things worked out fine. Jacksonville may not have a beach and palm trees, but it was great that I ended up there with such good folk!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017 12:20 PM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/27/2017

Thank you for the great review!  Glad everything worked out for you.  I appreciate the review and your business.  Thanks again!!

JOHN H. on 06/27/2017
"SERVICE"
GREAT SERVICE
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017 06:51 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/27/2017

Thanks John for the 5 star review!

BIAGIO M. on 06/26/2017
"Sucks "
Owner was a asshole
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 05/25/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 09:02 PM

Dear Biagio
Sorry the Illinois State Police had your vehicle towed because the wheels were about to fall off.  There is a reason the State Police had your vehicle towed because it was unsafe to drive.  If a vehicle is towed in because of a police call, and you refuse to repair it, it has to be towed off the lot.  I do not understand why you think it is my fault and leave me a bad review.  If the police say have it towed because it is unsafe to drive, I cannot let you drive it off my lot.

KEVIN J. on 06/16/2017
"First class service. "
Title says it all.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Review Created: 06/16/2017 08:25 PM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/27/2017

Thanks for the 5 star review Kevin!

DIANA V. on 06/14/2017
"Quality Service is their Standard"
Finch Auto Repair provides quality service as a matter of routine, Their shop and office personnel are both knowledgeable and courteous during each visit.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/14/2017 12:34 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/27/2017

Thanks for the great review!

SUSIE Z. on 06/11/2017
"Brakes and pads"
My Durango had become "touchy and uncomfortable" when I applied the brakes:( Tom Finch Auto understood "my lingo" and were able to find the problem, address it, and fix it with minimal cost🤗
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 06/09/2017
Review Created: 06/11/2017 07:25 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/27/2017

Thanks for the great review!  Glad we could take care of the issue for you at a minimal cost!
Thank you for the business!

CARSON B. on 06/08/2017
"Close to home"
My Daughter made the appointment on line and told you oil lube filter then you call her and ask what need to be done and then my Dad called and you told him it was done then he comes and proceeds to pick it up and you have no clue if it was done or not.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/08/2017 04:31 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/08/2017

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I was under the impression that we were working the vehicle in between appointments.  You asked for a 7am appointment.  I stated we would work it in for you because we have had a very busy schedule.  I take full responsibility for the mess up when he called to see if it was done.  I did not see the ticket and I assumed it was in the wash bay.  I was wrong and I apologize.  I worked him in as soon as I could.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

JONI F. on 06/03/2017
"Good Service and a Car Wash Too!!"
The waiting area and restroom are like being at home. I feel that the service to my car is done right. I especially like their prescriptive service; I feel they plan ahead for repairs my make of car will need. Staff are friendly and courteous. Best of all, I drive away a clean car!
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 06/02/2017
Review Created: 06/03/2017 10:29 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/08/2017

Thank you very much!  Thanks for the 5 star review!

DENNIS K. on 06/02/2017
"service"
quick service, quality service, good price
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 05/31/2017
Review Created: 06/02/2017 07:08 PM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/08/2017

Thanks for the 5 star review!

BOB P. on 06/02/2017
"Is there a tendency to take advantage of women customers?"
The cars involved are a 2005 Nissan Altima and a 2007 Ford Focus both owned by my daughter, Kris Warfield, not me. The work done is fine but I think the recommended "extras" are too expensive for her to be able to afford. Recently, during a Ford service, Kris asked for an estimate for repair of the air duct system. Rather than an upfront estimate, the system was dismantled and the labor charge was going to be assessed whether the fix done or not. [I know you will say you had to take it apart to determine the problem, but the time and cost of that should have been known up front.] This cost about $300 that she could not afford. Crucial safety fixes must be done, but this was not the case with an air duct. I don't think you'd have done business that way if I had brought in the car. She also gave her number to call when the car was ready but you continue o call me. Thanks for listening, Bob Pinkerton
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 05/31/2017
Review Created: 06/02/2017 06:42 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/02/2017

Thanks for the review Bob.  I would like to start out by saying that there is absolutely no tendency to take advantage of anyone regardless of age, race or sex.  She asked us to diagnose why the A/C was stuck on defrost.  On this vehicle the HVAC assembly has to be removed to find what the issue is.  We found the cable assembly was bound up and needed replaced.  We did not have this part in stock at the time.  I called and informed we did not have the part and if she wanted it fixed it would save her money because I could leave it apart until the next day when I received the part.  If she declined repairs I would have to put it back together and she would have to pay for diagnosis.  I do not know what her or anyones financial situations are.  I feel my job is to inform customers of proper diagnosis and the cost to fix.  I also feel it is my job to let customers know of any "extras" of maintenance due on the vehicle. I'm sorry you may feel that way, but I can assure you that I attempt to treat everyone the same.  I am also sorry about calling you as the cars are listed under your name.  I will change that so she have her own Repair Orders in my system.  If you have any issues please let me know as we have had a very good working relationship to this date.

DIANA V. on 06/01/2017
"Go the extra mile"
I brought car in for oil change & tire rotation and I had just experience knee replacement so I could not pick car up. They delivered to my home
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 05/30/2017
Review Created: 06/01/2017 01:42 AM
Tom F. at Tom Finch Automotive responded on 06/02/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review!  Glad we could assist you during this time.  We really appreciate your business.