Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Review for Trupps Garage
Jesse P. on 03/01/2016
Jesse said he purchased a transmission in April of 2015. He said there is a 2 year warranty for 25,000 miles, but the transmission failed. They refused to honor the warranty and accused him of abusing the transmission. He settle for their offer to replace it for $565. He will be going to the Better Business Bureau.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Category: Service
Service Date: 02/29/2016
Review Created: 03/01/2016
Tom T. at Trupps Garage responded on 03/03/2016

Jesse is correct on somethings on this matter like the vehicle did have the transmission rebuilt by us. When the vehicle came back to us the transmission had no 3-4 gears and he told us that the 4 wheel drive was not working. This was right after the big snow storm we had. When we removed the transmission to inspect we found 3-4 set of clutches burnt so bad there was no material and the steels where so hot that they where flexed. The other parts of the tranmission where fine. When I talked to Jesse and I told him what we found he said that he was just driving when this happened. I then told him if this transmission would have been a Jasper or factory rebuilt transmission the warranty would have been void because of the overheating of the transmission. I told him that I would work with him and only charge him for the parts that we would need to repair his transmission. After talking to Jesse and a few days later Jesse told us to repair his vehicle. I am sure if he would have had his transmission done somewhere else he would not have gotten what I did for him. I am sorry Jesse feels this way and I thought this matter was solved between us.

Tom Trupp