Tuffy Auto Service Center

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Tom B. on 06/18/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Misdiagnosis"
My overall experience of the Tuffy in Wesley Chapel was incredibly poor. I was shocked with the not only how bad the service was but also with the evasive style of management that was shown after the mistakes that they made.

I took my Volkswagen CC to this establishment because they advertised that they were competent with working on Volkswagen's, something they soon to prove very wrong. My car was making a very loud whistling noise when the car was idling and I thought it could have been something to do with the serpentine belt. After looking at the car they told me that the problem was with the alternator, even though I was surprised by the diagnosis, I trusted their "expert" opinion and told them to replace it. Two days later, I went in to pick up my car which they charged me nearly $800 for. As soon as I pulled out of the shop I could tell that something still wasn't right as it was making the exact same noise as before, so I took my car back to Tuffys. After they took a look at the car again, they claimed that the alternator they had put in was faulty and said they would replace it and all should be well. Again, I go back and pick up my car and drive it off site. To my amazement, it was still make the exactly same noise as before. They looked at the car for the third time and told me that the problem resided within the casing of the engine and was probably the timing chain and refused to work on the car. Tuffy suggested I take it elsewhere. Third time is clearly the charm when it comes to Tuffy diagnostics. Tuffy did help me find a towing service that could take my car to Reeves Imports who I chosen to finally fix my car. However this was also a disaster as the towing company tore off the engine shield underneath my car which would add another $200 to my expense. Good call from Tuffy.

When I got my car back from Reeves Imports they informed me that the problem had nothing to do with my alternator or even my timing chain but in fact the PVC valve had faltered blowing two gaskets. This ended up costing me just over $2200. Reeves informed me that the fact that Tuffy had let me drive the car away twice after their misdiagnosis probably made the problem substantially worse, in turn making the repairs that much more expensive. When I took this information back to Tuffy to see just how they had got it so wrong, the manager, Tim, wasn't there so I asked them for him to call me. He didn't, so I went back again. He wasn't there, so I asked them to get Tim to call me and he never did. I couldn't believe how unwilling they were to help and how Tim avoided me. He acted like a little child hiding from his mistakes. If anyone from the corporate office reads this and would like to make amends, please reprimand Tim for his inability to manage, dishonesty and all around poor service.

PLEASE AVOID WESLEY CHAPEL TUFFY AT ALL COSTS!!!
Service Date: 02/20/2017
Review Created: 06/18/2017 11:59 AM
YVONNE B. on 12/29/2015
"Happy repeat customer "
Always very impressed with the professional and caring staff.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Service Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 09:35 PM
JOAN B. on 12/29/2015
"I think the best way to describe why this Tuffy Auto Service Center is now receiving a 5-star rating is due to the new manager, Tim."
Tim, the new manager, greeted us in a very warm manner. He listened to my husband's comments and walked the length of our car to ensure us we would be properly advised of what the problem might be. He told us he would call as soon as they had diagnosed the problem, which he did in a most expeditious time frame. His estimated time of repair was met and called us immediately. When we picked the car up, he was again, very engaging. We were extremely pleased with his overall commitment to us as his customers. Has restored our faith in Tuffy's Auto Service Center in Wesley Chapel.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 04:01 AM
MARY M. on 12/24/2015
"quick and efficient "
went in for an oil change and new wipers - they recommended a tune up as it has been a while ( my car has over 100k miles ) and since I was pinched for cash just before the holidays they offered to do part of the tune up now and part later :)
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Review Created: 12/24/2015 07:48 AM
PAUL C. on 12/23/2015
"Professional"
Just walked in . No appointment. The staff handled everything very well. Answered my questions and handled my problem. I'll be back.
Vehicle: Lincoln Continental
Knowledgeable and proficient
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Review Created: 12/23/2015 04:40 AM
Harrison M. on 12/21/2015
Harrison said the employees at this business are really helpful. They were nice, quick about providing service and always have something to contribute to the project. He would absolutely recommend this facility.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 12/17/2015
Review Created: 12/21/2015
CAROL W. on 12/17/2015
"Tuffy @ sr54 Wesley Chapel Blvd"
Courteous, honest, helpful for future maintenance needs along with price, good manager and workers. Will definitely be using Tuffy again.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 12/16/2015
Review Created: 12/17/2015 03:10 PM
JEEVAN A. on 12/13/2015
"Quick service"
Had a quick service on saturday morning.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 12/12/2015
Review Created: 12/13/2015 04:42 AM
RITCHEL K. on 12/12/2015
"Service was done efficiently and timely. "
I feel I was greatly overcharged for the service. The fan/motor assembly was priced at over 100 dollars what it could have been purchased at Advance Auto Parts, the labor charge was over !00 dollars to remove 2 small bolts and unplug the electrical connection that held the unit in place. There was a 30 dollar shop material charge....All in all I think the fee should have been less. Will I use Tuffy in the future, it depends on the repair. In defense of Tuffy I did agree to their repair estimate, since I did not have the time to do the simple repair myself.
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 12/11/2015
Review Created: 12/12/2015 01:35 PM
BRIE J. on 12/12/2015
"service was wonderful"
They were very nice and right on top of things i took my car in for a brake inspection and found i needed them.. they got me in right away and are very well priced.. i will be going back when i need more stuff done to my car...
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 2
Service Date: 12/11/2015
Review Created: 12/12/2015 04:32 AM
Mitchell S. on 12/11/2015
Mitchell said the business does good and he likes them. He would not keep going back if he did not.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra
Service Date: 11/24/2015
Review Created: 12/11/2015
Mike P. on 12/11/2015
Mike said this business put a faulty part on his vehicle that broke in two days. He went back to this business and they fixed it.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 11/19/2015
Review Created: 12/11/2015
Linda T. on 12/10/2015
Linda said the service provided by this business was quick.
Vehicle: Kia Soul
Review Created: 12/10/2015
Vicky P. on 12/09/2015
Vicky said they were very nice, helpful, and quick. She did not have to wait a long time.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 12/04/2015
Review Created: 12/09/2015
Cody S. on 12/07/2015
Cody said this business provided good customer service.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Review Created: 12/07/2015
ALLISON D. on 11/25/2015
"Reliable "
They look out for me, always.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Prizm
Service Date: 11/24/2015
Review Created: 11/25/2015 07:46 AM
BEVERLY R. on 11/13/2015
"Manager, Tim, is personable and very proficient. Kept Me informed via mobile phone, and called Me by name,. Explained My car problems in easy to understand language."
Great, fast service.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 11/12/2015
Review Created: 11/13/2015 04:49 AM
Heather R. on 11/12/2015
Heather said they did a great job. They were also very nice and honest.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue