Virginia Tire and Auto of Falls Church

Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5rating 4.54

Overall Rating 3.75/5Overall Rating 3.75/5Overall Rating 3.75/5rating 3.75rating 3.75
Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

Brian P. on 01/05/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Incompetent and Unethical"
Do not I repeat DO NOT trust these people with your car.

First I took my truck in with a brake problem and after getting a call saying it was repaired I found that in fact the problem had not been fixed. So I go back in and explain very carefully what they need to do to duplicate my issue. The next day I get the call its fixed and agin no its not. It took them three tries to get it right.

Then there was my 2001 Xterra. They performed a multipoint inspection during which they marked the timing belt as N/A not applicable. The same way they marked the same sheet on my truck which has a chain. On that same sheet they left the condition of the transmission fluid (which on a manual they could not inspect) blank. So naturally I assume the car has a timing chain and I don't need to worry about replacing a timing belt. And when it failed they absolutely refused to accept any responsibility at all. Not one iota. I called the corporate office twice to try and get someone to rethink this decision and they didn't even have the courtesy to call me back.

DO NOT GO THERE.
Service Date: 11/11/2016
Review Created: 01/05/2017 01:54 PM
Drew A. on 12/08/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Incompetent and irresponsible "
Shops like this are the reasons customers don't trust mechanics. I was told my vehicle would have the tires balanced within 2 hours of dropping it off. I waited almost an hour after they were closed (5 total hours) because they had stripped my lug nuts and didn't have a socket to fit over them anymore. I wouldn't have known they were stripped if I hadn't walked into the shop and seen them. How does a professional shop not have the correct size socket? When I asked how they got the lug nuts on as tight as they were, I was told they used a torque wrench. What else would they need to do if they already have the lug nuts torqued? The serviceman then began to incorrectly tell me the difference between an impact driver and a torque wrench. He also explained that even though the lug nuts were "tight" (by using the torque wrench), "they need to be snug by using an impact." Anyone who knows the difference between these tools would be baffled and laughing as I was. The store manager also told me he would replace the lug nuts if need be - they need it but he refused to pay for them.
Service Date: 11/11/2016
Review Created: 12/08/2016 08:45 AM
RYAN W. on 12/31/2015
"Documentation and Explanation"
I appreciate how VT&A keeps a record of my service, so I can address needs in a timely manner. I had previously declined this most recent service request -- without any pressure from VT&A -- and received the proper service at the proper time.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Outlander
Service Date: 12/27/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 10:15 AM
CAROLINE G. on 12/28/2015
"Always friendly and helpful."
They give clear and concise information. Service is quick and effective.
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 12/26/2015
Review Created: 12/28/2015 02:18 AM
FREDY B. on 12/27/2015
"Courteous and good work"
I would appreciate your letting met know if by some how you did find in some place of your mechanic shop the jack and the cross wrench that I could not find in my car 1997 grand marquis. Thank you.
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 09:51 PM
AGNIESZKA G. on 12/22/2015
"Friendly staff. "
The staff was friendly and helpful.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer
Service Date: 12/14/2015
Review Created: 12/22/2015 08:20 AM
RON H. on 12/21/2015
"Customer Service makes it great!"
Only problem was having to buy four new tires in order to pass inspection because of dry rot; tires were very expensive. The service out weighted that however because they ordered the tires and we had the truck back the next day. Good job!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 11/30/2015
Review Created: 12/21/2015 06:46 AM
SOLOMON D. on 12/21/2015
"inspection"
It is neat and the employees are very professional.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 12/19/2015
Review Created: 12/21/2015 03:28 AM
LANCE J D. on 12/18/2015
"Solving problems for my Chevy pickup truck."
Folks from Falls Church outlet of Virginia Tire did a good job of determining nature of problem and fixing it. Jorn Dakin
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 12/15/2015
Review Created: 12/17/2015 04:51 AM
MICHAEL F. on 12/16/2015
"Virginia Tire and Auto of Falls Church"
Had a tire to be replaced under warranty. On Saturday, had a slow start talking with folks there who were not familiar with warranty procedures related to OEM tires on a new vehicle (tires are warranted not by the car manufacturer, but by the tire manufacturer), but did end up talking to the manager who was familiar with warranty claims and had a new tire ordered, and me scheduled in for first appointment Monday. I have aluminum wheels and jacketed lug nuts, so I asked about using only hand tools (no impact wrench) on the lug nuts and not scraping up the wheels. I was told they would do as I asked, so showed up first thing Monday. Dealer was open earlier than published time (good sign). I went in, and got served right away. Job was fast. I watched the mechanic through the window use a torque wrench on the lug nuts instead of a torque stick (good). (I always re-torque the lug nuts when I get back home anyway) I later asked the mechanic how much torque he used, and he said 97 ft/lbs -- which is the exact number called for in the owner's manual (felt good about that). I checked the tire pressure of the new tire before leaving the dealer, and it was 37psi. The placard on my car calls for 30psi, so I corrected the pressure. I also inspected the wheel for damage (none); but discovered a lot of dark gunk on the wheel that would not wipe off with my fingers. I was able to remove it at home with bug and tar remover. All considered, it was a positive experience, and I would use this dealer again.
Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
Service Date: 12/14/2015
Review Created: 12/16/2015 02:59 AM
KENNETH G. on 12/14/2015
"Not the Best Experience"
I had come here before and had some good experiences with my Acura MDX, but many mistakes happened that I was willing to overlook until the last one. I was supposed to receive a call when my car was done. I had updated my phone number when I originally came in, (3rd time updating),but this wasn't done and never received the call., and the email wasn't sent that my car was ready until I was there picking up the car. I had asked to have a safety inspection done as well, and this was not done on the car either and I didn't have time now to have it done. Lastly, once I got in my car, I noticed one of my tire emblems was broke and was sitting in my console. When I asked the manager about this, he employees said it was already dangling off, which wasn't true as they walked the entire car with me when I was telling him what work needed to be done. He said he would try to find another one for me...never heard back..I was going to go back for the inspection, but after not hearing back about the part, I was turned off. This was a mercedes emblem, which made it all the worse to have to come out of my pocket... Thanks!
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz S430
Service Date: 12/12/2015
Review Created: 12/14/2015 06:58 AM
Rick M., Asst. Manager at Virginia Tire and Auto of Falls Church responded on 12/28/2015

Thanks for taking the time to do our survey, I have spoken to the team about this visit.  As we spoke that day in the parking lot about your center caps, you said that you knew that 2 were missing, the third one was loosing at the time of arrival.  I went ahead and ordered a replacement for you as a courtesy.

PAMELA B. on 12/13/2015
"Awful experience"
Changed the high beam bulb that WASN'T burned out. Broke my door lock while installing a power mirror that didn't initially work. Had to go back the next morning to get everything fixed. Also called me while I was sleeping (I work night shift) and gave me some mumbo jumbo about needing a new battery. The one I had was fine. Who replaces a battery until it gives problems?????????? But I was half asleep and said OK. I feel that was a take advantage move. Would give a zero if I could.
Vehicle: Toyota Matrix
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/13/2015 07:49 PM
MIENRADDO-JOHN B. on 12/08/2015
"Use of personal approach makes visit less stressful and more informational!"
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 12/06/2015
Review Created: 12/07/2015 08:14 PM
ANNA Y. on 12/05/2015
"Great place for an inspection"
I came for an inspection. I was in and out in a short amount of time. The hot coffee, tea, and cocoa made the wait comfortable. The service was friendly.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/05/2015 04:48 AM
SAM B. on 12/03/2015
"good service"
Was pleased with service. However it would be nice to sit while waiting for counter service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 12/01/2015
Review Created: 12/03/2015 04:14 PM
ANTHONY G. on 12/02/2015
"AUTO INSPECTION"
For the first time I had done my auto inspection. Everything was nice.
Vehicle: Honda Civic