Walt's Garage of Kenmore

LOU F. on 01/18/2017
"Awesome Service!!"
Walt's provides the best service that I have ever experienced in automotive repair. They are extremely trustworthy and explain everything!!
Vehicle: Buick Rainier
Service Date: 01/16/2017
Review Created: 01/18/2017 06:13 AM
Richard S. on 01/14/2017
Richard said he's done business with them before and they do very good work.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Review Created: 01/14/2017
Pete M. on 01/12/2017
Pete said he has been visiting this business for the last 10 years. They are honest and he likes their service.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Review Created: 01/12/2017
Carrie F. on 01/12/2017
Carrie said that every time she visits them the service is prompt.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Review Created: 01/12/2017
Joe L. on 01/11/2017
Joe said the price was cut a little bit. It was a pretty big job, so this helped him out. They were prompt in getting back to him, and they were friendly. The mechanic he normally goes to was out of town and he had to get his son's brakes fixed, so he came to this business.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Service Date: 01/09/2017
Review Created: 01/11/2017
Tom R. on 01/11/2017
Tom said this business has good service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 01/09/2017
Review Created: 01/11/2017
RAY B. on 01/05/2017
"Battery check and replacement"
In August Walt's said battery low be sure to check before winter- battery checked and was marginal - replaced at reasonable price and Walt's saved all pre- sets, etc.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 11/23/2016
Review Created: 01/05/2017 09:02 AM
Courtney T. on 01/05/2017
Courtney said she has been getting her vehicle serviced here since she was 16 years old, and she has never had an issue with them.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Review Created: 01/05/2017
Phil F. on 01/05/2017
Phil said he has never had any problems with them and the service has always been good. They are reasonable and honest.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Review Created: 01/05/2017
MIKE B. on 01/04/2017
"Felt Ripped Off "
Went in to find out why I was getting code P1574 which they were aware of that code before checking on their computer because I already knew the car was generating that code by a friend checking it on a computer beforehand multiple times. They hooked up the computer to the car, maybe looked at the car for 15 minutes based on the time that elapsed, there's no way they were troubleshooting for more than 15 minutes, it's impossible. Based on the $130.00 plus bill I paid for they could've did more troubleshooting for an hour and a half based on what they charge for labor to find out what was generating that code but didn't. Instead they demanded more money to take apart the dash to check the wiring, like the $130.00+ I paid was for them finding a code I already knew about, and told them about before looking at my car, and Walt's couldn't even do an hour and a half of troubleshooting. With my old car I easily paid them $7,000 or more in fixes, with my new car basically nothing has been wrong with it except a bad wheel bearing which they fixed, and this code. I was warned by my Father and next-door neighbor to not take the car there because they rip people off and that's exactly how I felt after paying the bill with nothing new being known about that code. So I paid $130.00+ to find out about a code, the car was already generating that I knew about with no troubleshooting being done except 15 minutes which they probably checked the 2 switches for the brake, and cruise control switch which I already knew were in good condition, the dash under the car to those 2 switches was already taken apart by me, so they took nothing apart, and didn't really troubleshoot anything. I paid $130.00+ to find out about a code I already knew the car was generating, with no troubleshooting. I was lied to by Lenny that the car would fail inspection due to that P1574 code which it easily passed even with that code elsewhere so I was lied to that it would fail the inspection, that it PASSED. They complained how they always look at my car and I go elsewhere for repairs which is a lie, when they told me the transmission was bad on my first car I told them that it was bad before they checked it, but just wanted to verify, and then I took the car to a transmission specialist because those mechanics speciality was transmissions, and the bill was $600.00 less. The one and only other time I had them look or test drive my car was for bad front brakes which I also told them ahead of time that I thought the front brakes were bad before the test drive, and said that I can fix that myself which I did fix it myself. There are no other times I asked them to check or test drive the cars I've owned for something being bad and going elsewhere for repairs, no other time. I'll now look for a new place for car repairs and oil changes because I felt ripped off by paying $130.00+ for a bill for a code I already knew about and no troubleshooting. I recommend taking your car somewhere else, like to a place that won't lie to you about an inspection, and actually do troubleshooting for the money you pay, instead of just telling you about a code you already knew the car was generating.
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 2
Review Created: 01/04/2017 06:04 AM
Bill M. on 01/04/2017
Bill said they always give him great service.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Review Created: 01/04/2017
CRAIG H. on 01/03/2017
"Excellent service"
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Review Created: 01/03/2017 07:36 AM
Mike P. on 01/02/2017
Mike said they did what he wanted them to do, for a decent price.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Review Created: 01/02/2017
Dan P. on 01/02/2017
Dan said they were good. They did the job right and it was done when promised. He was happy.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Review Created: 12/30/2016 12:44 PM
GEORGE C. on 12/30/2016
"Great Shop"
Would not take my car or truck to any other shop. They have my best interest at heart. I have never been told an untruth.Great people.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Review Created: 12/30/2016 11:42 AM
VERN Z. on 12/21/2016
"NYS Inspection"
Set up an appointment and dropped the van off over night. Got a call in the morning everything was done. As always Walt's does a great job with fast service and always a friendly attitude. My service place for everything automotive.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Review Created: 12/21/2016 07:43 AM
JOSE G. on 12/21/2016
"Excellent service."
Fair, honest, and a great group of people.
Vehicle: Audi Q7
Review Created: 12/21/2016 03:45 AM
Tyler M. on 12/20/2016
Tyler said the business treats you well, but the pricing was more than he expected.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 12/13/2016
Review Created: 12/20/2016
Robert D. on 12/19/2016
Robert said this business is good. They are quick and convenient.
Vehicle: Ford Escape