Latest Review about 1 hour ago

Keith C.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
04/20/2019
Trustworthy
Had the vehicle checked out. Needed more repair work than expected but I can trust Dave and his crew.

Delores (Dee) W.
Volkswagen New Beetle
04/17/2019
Fabulous service as always
Can always count on Auto Repair Specialists to do a wonderful job on my VW.

VN
Vickye N.
Forreston, IL
04/12/2019
Simply the best!
Can’t say enough good things about Dave and everyone at Auto Repair Specialists. They’re always helpful and professional yet still have that small town friendliness and reliability.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 04/15/2019

Thanks Vickye for this wonderful review, it's always a pleasure doing work for you and your family and visiting with you :)  Dave & Gina

Jan C.
Subaru Legacy
04/12/2019
Expertise of job. Staff friendliness.
Auto Repair Specialists are very thorough. They are very good at the things I bring my car in for. I completely trust them. If they find something that needs to be done they will show me first and explain what it is. They send reminders of things that may need to be done soon. I feel completely confident that my car is in good condition. I drive alot and need to trust that my car is mechanically sound..Love ARS...
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 04/15/2019

Thanks so much Jan for this awesome review!  You have been a great customer for years, so thankful for your business!  Dave & Gina

Rich B.

Mike D.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
03/31/2019
Trustworthy Mechanics
Auto Repair Specialists has a family feel the way I was treated. Their Digital Estimates were extremely informative and a Great way to see exactly what is wrong with your vehicle. No surprises or pressure to have additional repairs done.
Thanks to the ENTIRE AUTO REPAIR SPECIALISTS FAMILY!!!!
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 04/09/2019

Thanks Mike, we are so pleased you were happy with our work and that you liked the digital report.  We hope you come back soon!  Dave

Mike C.
Stockton, IL
Hyundai ELANTRA
03/29/2019
Great affordable service.
Received standard oil change and inspection. In at 8 am & out by 8:20 am. No hassle and friendly crew.

Thanks Mike for the 5 stars, it's always nice visiting with you!  Gina

BR
Beth R.
German Valley, IL
03/29/2019
Professional and friendly folks
Highly recommend
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 04/09/2019

Thank you so much Beth for this great review, we appreciate your business over the years!  Dave & Gina

CL
Curt L.
Rock City, IL
Nissan Murano
03/27/2019
Impressive shop
My wife and I are always impressed with the professionalism shown to us here. The new app that lets you know the progress of your vehicle is very impressive. Thank you for always treating us with respect.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/28/2019

Curt, we are so pleased you are happy with our service and the new app.  Thanks for the 5 star rating!!  Dave & Gina

Matt L.
Forreston, IL
03/15/2019
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/18/2019

Thank you Matt, we are glad you were happy with our service and we appreciate the 5 star rating!  Dave & Gina

Kacie M.
Rockford, IL
03/15/2019
Would not recommend
Less than a month ago I took my car in for something that needed to be fixed and was told "yes, we fixed it." Well, less than a month later, it is back in the shop for the same check engine code. I am being told that the code could mean numerous things, which I have asked a mechanic here at work and he said no, that is not true. So I am being told that this is NOT the same thing it was a month ago. Tim tells me that I am not being charged for the diagnosis, which I find extremely odd being that that will show me what was wrong, and that the "part" is discounted which brings my total to $230 and some change. That's odd, that's the SAME amount I paid the last time! The worse part about all of this, I NEVER gave them permission to do this. Needless to say, I WILL NEVER go back to this place again. Ever. I think this is the worst kind of business to put a customer through.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/18/2019

Kacie, we are so sorry you were not happy with the service you received here. We will be calling you to explain everything and to see how we can remedy this for you.  Dave

Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 04/09/2019

Katie, after our conversation I hope you were satisfied with the explanation of what additional work was done on your vehicle and the explanation of the codes and what they mean.  We are glad your vehicle is working well, that is what we like to hear.  We had replaced another part on your vehicle, and that it what the addiitional bill was for.  We have chosen to not bill you for that and we hope this satisfies you.  We are sorry for the confusion and that we did not explain things well to you or ask for permission to repair the vehicle.  If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to call me.  Thanks for taking my phone call.  Dave

Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 04/09/2019

I see I typed your name wrong, sorry Kacie!  I am not the best at typing, lol!  Dave

WR
Wayne R.
GMC Envoy
03/13/2019
Personal service
Tim Welch is outstanding and has always been straight forward, honest and knowledgeable.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/18/2019

Thank you Wayne for the 5 star review!  We are so glad Tim could help you out with your needs!  Dave & Gina

Mary G.
03/12/2019
Gratitude
Thank you so much for working me in to get my tail light and turn signal changed. I feel much safer. I always appreciate the friendly, courteous service at Auto Repair Soecialist.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/18/2019

Thank you Mary for this sweet review!  It is always a pleasure seeing your friendly face and helping you out!  Dave & Gina

03/12/2019
Always friendly and helpful. This is not a fast lube quickie. They actually do what they say they do. !
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/12/2019

Thank you so much for the 5 stars, we appreciate it!  Glad you are happy with our service!  Gina

Dave L.
Baileyville, IL
Ford Expedition EL
03/11/2019
Integrity
You get the straight story on issues present an repairs needed. In this day an age integrity is a lost art, but not at this shop. Thanks for walking the talk!
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/12/2019

Thank you so much Dave for this great review.  We are so glad you feel we are honest and upfront about what repairs are needed!  Always a pleasure doing work for you!  Dave

Angela S.
Davis, IL
03/09/2019
Wonderful auto place
They do amazing work! Very honest and very affordable. Everyone I spoke with was knowledgeable and very nice. This will now be the only place I will take my car!
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/11/2019

Aww, thanks Angela!  We are so glad you were happy with your experience here!  That means a lot to us!  Thanks for the 5 stars and we will be happy to be your car place!  Gina

03/08/2019
My “go to” auto repair business
Always professional and services are fairly priced
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/11/2019

Thanks so much for the great review!!  We really appreciate it and are glad we are your "go to" auto repair shop!  Dave & Gina

MU
Michelle U.
03/07/2019
Always a pleasure!!
Very friendly, knowlegable staff. Keep me informed of all present and future issues with my vehicle. And I feel like family with all of them!
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/11/2019

Thanks Michelle, we feel like you are family to us!!  Thanks for the great review!  Gina

PT
Paul T.
Honda Insight
03/07/2019
Reasonable price with fast service.
The reason we let ARS service our vehicles is because we can trust them for the work they perform. The prices are reasonable and competitive. When you ask questions, you get answers.
I can't think of another full service auto repair service in Freeport that can compare or compete with Auto Repair Specialists.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/07/2019

Thank you Paul for the wonderful review!  It's always a pleasure working on your vehicles and seeing you and Joann!  We are lucky to have you as customers!  Gina & Dave

AD
Aaron D.
Shannon, IL
03/05/2019
I can’t say enough about how happy I have been with Auto Repair Specialists.
Auto Repair has been amazing. They are friendly, courteous, fair, and most importantly very knowledgeable. I have brought things to them that I don’t think anyone else could have fixed. They always come up with an answer, and complete the work in a short amount of time. I would recommend them to anyone.
Dave T. from Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/07/2019

Thank you AAron for the 5 star review!  We are so glad you are happy with the service here!  We really appreciate your business!  Dave & Gina