Auto Repair Specialists

Darlene T. on 03/27/2014
"overpriced "
I could of gotten the work done for $300+ somewhere else and was very upset!!!!!
Vehicle: Saturn L100
Service Date: 03/21/2014
Review Created: 03/27/2014 04:28 PM
Dave T. at Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/28/2014

Darlene, I was suprised to see this comment after we discussed your repair. The exact cost of the repair would have been $300 less if you take out the diagnostic cost and the other parts needed to repair your car.  When you called another shop and asked for an estimate, they may have quoted you cheaper for the job only, due to the fact that they didn't have diagnostic fees or know all the parts needed to repair it. Unforunately, the cost of diagnosis and unforseen repairs do add to the cost. And as always, I did call and explain this to you before we started, and you approved the repair. We did work with our supplier to get you a $50 rebate card which should come in the mail.  I am truly sorry that this misunderstanding happened. Our goal is to always be upfront on repair costs and do our best to keep the price down and the quality of repairs up.

Larry B. on 03/21/2013
Larry said he was disappointed because this business wasn't able to fix the vehicle. He said he thought they should have credited some part of the labor cost. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Vehicle: Mercury Mountaineer
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/07/2013
Review Created: 03/21/2013
Dave T. at Auto Repair Specialists responded on 03/26/2013
I contacted Larry and we talked about his previous visit. After his first repair did not completely fix the problem, we discussed possibilities for further action. What I did not say to him was in a comeback we always assess the situation and try to reach an agreeable solution. Many tests and different things are tried and not all are charged in our attempt to repair. What I asked of Larry was at least give me a second change to look at his vehicle. We understand this is an inconvenience, but we need the opportunity to look at the vehicle to even see what we can do. I have contacted Larry and he is bringing it back and hopefully we can resolve this issue.