Chapin, SC
05/16/2018
Way overpriced on A/C parts and labor
I have been going here for a while for oil changes from old owner to new. Then, I got an estimate because my A/C was blowing hot air. First, he didn't tell me of the upfront charge to look at it (over $125). Then after waiting an hour, he said the charges would be extensive. It was for a whole new system. It didn't sound right so I left. I got another estimate at another business highly recommended and it ended up costing me exactly half the price they asked for the same thing.
John O. from Auto Service Experts responded on 05/17/2018

Thank you for your input Mrs. P. As you can tell by my reviews I take our reputation very seriously and insist my technicians perform a thorough diagnosis on all vehicles that come in here. I struggled at first to remember the vehicle you are speaking of but when I got to work I researched it and I now remember. we did recommend a complete ac kit with condensor and ac tensioner pulley. This repair comes with a lifetime warranty. I also remember you declined the repair because your husband and brother were both "mechanics" and could perform the repairs cheaper. I can compete with any automotive business inregards to price but to compare our prices to a private individual performing repairs in the driveway is not apples to apples. I commend anyone who has the skill set to perform repairs on their own and are able to save money. Automotive repair facilities are here for the people who either do not have the skill set or prefer to not hassle with the repairs theirself. If this is not the case and it was an established business performing the repairs with the same parts, the same warranty, and half the price I would be interested to know who only so I can reavalutate our pricing schedule here. We never sell anything that is not needed and most everything we do is at a rate equal or cheaper than most places in town. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations My reviews speak for themselves and I stand behind the diagnosis and estimate to provide a quality, trouble-free repair on your vehicle. If not repaired by us I am glad that you were able to get your ac repaired.

John Ostendorf