Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Howard Beach, NY
Volkswagen Jetta
03/10/2017
Overpriced
Overpriced for tires and mount and balance cheaper on tirebuyer
Your F. from Bayside Auto Repair & Body Works responded on 03/11/2017

Hello, I appreciate that you came to our shop, However we will never be able to compete with online prices, and I am not a tire wholesaler such as tirebuyer. I also can not offer junk yard pricing because my technicians need to get paid at the end of the week. However at my shop you have service that you can not get at a junk yard. And if you ask me to I could have tried to shop prices around for you. Thank you for your your patronage.

FV
Fernando V.
Jamaica, NY
Toyota FJ Cruiser
01/09/2017 Category: Service
Fernando said it was not good service. They charged him $345 for a $125 job. They used 4 people to do the job so there was a high labor cost. The job is still not done correctly. Now when he tries to turn the wheel the wheel touches the wheel bed.

SYMONG C.
11/01/2015
Customer Care
Ami, took the time to listen to my complaint and went the extra distance to check up on the price of the tires they sold me. Then went the extra mile to reach out to me to let me know there was an error in pricing and to offer me a refund. They do value their customers!

11/01/2015
Lesson learned, get it in writing.
Came in for another state inspection, told me all 4 of my tires were no good, had cracks in the treadwell. Ok, priced me on 4 new tires, over $200 a piece! I did a double take, but from what I recall afterwards, I was told it also included installation. Left the car over night as it was near closing, picked up the next day all 4 tires replaced. When I went to pay I was surprised at the bill, he charged me for the installation, telling me I had misunderstood and he never said installation was included. Could go on and on, but in the end it would of been a "he said she said convo". Looked up the prices online and definitely overpaid for these new tires, not including installation. I guess that's my fault but I thought I had found a place i could really trust. Now I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth. Have to reconsider if this my go to place for all my repairs.
Your F. from Bayside Auto Repair & Body Works responded on 11/02/2015

Hello Symong, Its Ami (Manager) at Bayside Auto, as soon as I saw your review I decided to do a little research. First and foremost we are sorry because you are right, the prices were actually too expensive. I called up my supplier after checking a few other vendors and found out I too over paid for the tires. I have been able to get a substantial discount and will be reaching out to you to correct this immediately. We would like you to know we value you as a customer and thank you for bringing this to my attention!

09/12/2014
Promises are not results
Unresolved as of this moment

At the moment, the situation is still not resolved. Am I satisfied?Absolutely not.

TL
Tyler L.
BMW 325i
02/07/2014 Category: Service
Tyler said he brought his vehicle to the facility because of a funny noise it was making. After they looked it over they called to tell him they did not know what the noise was. He described the noise better to them and they decided it might be the alternator. They replaced the alternator, but when he got his vehicle back it was still making the same noise. He brought his vehicle to two other businesses and both places were able to make repairs that stopped the funny noise. The people at the facility were fairly nice, responsive, and timely.

JOHN H.
Oakland Gardens, NY
07/01/2019
Power Steering tube replacement
In the past I have always given 5 Stars for their excellent service; however this time they get only 3 stars. They are having Part Supplier problems - what should have taken an hour took 3.5 hours, and also having to make the part to fix the leaking steel tube. I told Ralph that next time, he needs to get the part before starting the job on my car. It is absolutely frustrating when 2 auto parts warehouse employees can't located a power steering pipe for a 2000 Toyota Camry - the most numerous cars on the road.
Not completely Happy
I now recommend this place with reservations. Get the part first before you start the job.
John

Nissan Rogue
09/26/2018
I had to go back
The customer service was great however I had to return because after my oil change there was something ray rat rattling. I realized after the second visit that the cap to the air on the tire was missing, I didnt bother to return. They were quick but failed to get it right the first time.

AK
Antonios K.
Oakland Gardens, NY
05/05/2017 Category: Service
Antonios said he was disappointed that his coupon didn't cover what he thought it would.

ER
EFRAIN R.
11/05/2016
Bad news bears! Haha
When you go to any mechanic on the planet...prepare for bad news....These guys have bad news for you too, however, they are informative, friendly and try their best to keep a few dollars in your pocket. Can't ask for better than that. Keep up the good work.

BT
Brian T.
Chrysler Concorde
06/16/2015 Category: Service
Brian said the prices at this business are a little high.

EA
Eric A.
NY
12/01/2014 Category: Service
Eric said this business was average.

10/28/2014
Bayside Auto Repair
Bayside finally came through with a repair to my seat belt that went back to Sept. 9th, 2014 when I picked up my partially repaired seat belt. I returned the car the next day. Another part was needed, they said. Six weeks later, still no phone call, and I stopped payment on my credit card. That got their attention and they called me a week later to bring it in. They ordered the part and called me a few days later to say they had what was needed. I brought it is and it was fixed the next day.
Bayside has done good work for me in the past and my main complaint is that they seemed to have forgotten about me but everything worked out in the end.

Minnie H.
NY
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/08/2014 Category: Service
Minnie said everything was okay but she had to wait a long time for the part.

01/14/2014
friendly, convenient to my home
In for inspection. Told of some repairs that should be done but not expected. Work done and price not too bad. Asked for specific PPI in front and rear tires. When checked the next day pressures were low.

PK
Priscilla K.
09/25/2019 Category: Service
Pricilla said her experience was good and recommends them.

John P.
09/13/2019 Category: Service
John said that the owner of the place did not communicate very well, but he does recommend them for service.

Honda Civic Si
08/17/2019
Great neighborhood shop
I’m a longtime customer because of the good service. Staff is friendly and explains the work clearly.

Robert S.
08/03/2019 Category: Service
Robert said the business did a good job.

03/28/2019
Fast and convenient In my neighborhood
Friendly and convenient in the neighborhood.

KL
KENNETH L.
Mercedes-Benz C280
02/20/2019
Mercedes Benz intake manifold
Courteous and fast response to my car problem