BMW of Fairfax Body Shop

John B.
Silver Spring, MD
08/27/2019
Excellent Job
I drop off my 2018 BMW 430i Convertible that was hit by a van on my driver's door. Herbert was the one taking care of my car and I got the daily update as to what was going on with my car. It took three weeks to get my car but once I had it, the job was done perfectly and you could hardly tell if anything had happened to my car. Once I got there yesterday evening at 5:15 pm to pick up my car, Herbert toke me outside and explain to me details on what was done to repair my car. Thank you guys for an excellent work done to my car.

WL
wannabbe l.
Fairfax, VA
07/07/2019
Great job !
These guys did a great job ! I took my brand new m4 in to have the rear bumper replaced, My service advisor henry did a great job + kept me updated and had me updated every day + dealt with the insurance to make sure I got new parts!

Thanks again to henry + his team

ER
Eleyni R.
Falls Church, VA
06/24/2019
Terrible customer service.
The short version, my experience was pretty terrible. The much longer version is laid out a little below. NOTE: this is only a review of the body shop, not the service center where I've always had a great experience and great service.

5/3/19– Dropped off car at the body shop for repairs to the rear of the vehicle after getting rear ended + interior detail. They said it might be 1-2 weeks, but they wouldn't be sure until they started the repair.

6/3/19– Email notifying me repair was completed.

6/4/19– Went to pick up car with my parents around 9am. The rear work looked good. Car was not detailed. Upon getting home, we noticed the driver's side door lock was not working at all. My parents took the car back to the shop.

6/6/19– Went back in the morning to pick up the car, thinking the lock would be repaired. Nope. Trevor said it was not their fault and that it was just "wear and tear" – that they did not do any work on that door. I understand they did not take the door apart, but they did have to open and close that door and they had to reset the lock system so I don't buy that the door coincidentally just broke all by itself during the month the car was in their hands at the shop. Needless to say the conversation got heated. My mother asked for proof that they didn't brake the lock and Trevor responded by saying he didn't need to prove anything to us and that it was the end of the discussion and they were not going to fix it. Incredibly rude service. I asked to speak with the manager so we went inside and Trevor attempted to call the body shop manager, Danny Guilliams. Danny was in an accounting meeting, but stood firm that it was not their fault. After about 10 minutes, Danny walked through the door. I guess it was a pretty short accounting meeting. He did not introduce himself until we asked if he was the manager. He was even more rude – correcting my mother when she said "tear and wear" and responding laughingly in a mocking way. He claimed it took so long because my insurance wanted them to put "junk" parts on the car and they wouldn't do it which I thought was extremely unprofessional to share. He offered to cover the labor of the door repair if I paid for the part. I wanted to speak with the GM so I got his name and we left.

6/8/19– The GM, Mike Walker, and I finally got in touch Saturday evening. He still did not accept responsibility for the lock, but apologized for the bad service and offered to cover the cost of labor for the repair, complete the detailing, and fill the tank. While I was and still am incredibly annoyed that BMW would not accept full responsibility for the door repair (especially given it was a ~$300 repair), Mike was not rude and explained the reasons they would not accept responsibility and did what he could to make a fair offer to fix the issue. I was happy enough with that.

6/17/19– I dropped off my car at the body shop for the door repair, detailing, and tank fill up. Repair was supposed to take 1 day so I did not get the rental offered to me.

6/18/19– Did not hear from them all day with an update so I called around 4pm to check the status. I was told detailing was finishing up with it so it would be ready around closing and I could go the next morning to pick it up.

6/19/19– Parents went to pick up the car for me. Everything was amazing! Just kidding, I wish. The material on the inside of the door handle had been clearly chipped, and the entire handle was loose. They were trying to go with the "wear and tear" argument again, but Trevor was very professional this time. I called the GM and in a few minutes he came back on the line that they would order the part to fix the handle, and fill the tank which they forgot to do. The part was supposed to arrive the next day.

6/21/19– Got a call in the afternoon that the car was ready. Finally this time everything looked good and the tank was filled up as promised. The body shop manager, Danny Guilliams, never showed his face which I personally consider to be poor management.

Just bad all around.

Jashimuddin C.
04/25/2016 Category: Collision
Jashimuddin said this business gave him prompt customer service and they delivered his vehicle on time.

Rima G.
04/25/2016 Category: Collision
Rima said the employees at this business were very friendly. They explained what was going to happen during the service, when services would happen and kept her updated everyday. This facility has great service and great employees. They did a good job on her vehicle. Since they service BMW's, she thought they would do the best job on her BMW. She thanks them and appreciates them for their service.

ST
Scott T.
04/22/2016 Category: Collision
Scott said the business was good but a little sketchy on the delivery time. He stated they had his vehicle longer than he thought. The personnel was very nice and always stayed in touch with him.

KK
Karim K.
04/22/2016 Category: Collision
Karim said the employees at this business were very attentive and sent him regular updates. He knew exactly what was going on at all times. His vehicle was delayed by 2 weeks, but he stressed that was due to the insurance. He called around, finding out from BMW that this was one of the two facilities certified to service his vehicle, and this one was closest.

Myo C.
04/20/2016 Category: Collision
Myo said his experience with the business was easy. He dropped his vehicle off and they handled everything with his insurance company.

RK
Ram K.
04/20/2016 Category: Collision
Ram said he was satisfied with the work. The wheels are not balanced. He is not sure whether the second tire was approved by the insurance company. The vehicle was balanced before the accident.

CD
Carlos D.
04/16/2016 Category: Collision
Carlos said everything went fine with this business. There was a two day delay but there was no other reason given except they were still working on it.

BT
Bon T.
04/16/2016 Category: Collision
Bon said the work performed by this business was exceptional, fast and his representative kept him in the loop.

Minh L.
04/14/2016 Category: Collision
Spoke with Tuy. He said this business got everything done correctly and on time. The quality of work performed was 80 to 90 percent out of 100.

PB
Peri B.
04/14/2016 Category: Collision
Peri said this business was extremely nice to work with. They were professional and kept her updated.

Thomas B.
04/14/2016 Category: Collision
Thomas said the business did a great job.

Catherine B.
04/14/2016 Category: Collision
Catherine said the work provided at this business was fine. The repair took three weeks for a bumper and headlight and she was not really sure what the reason was for the delay. The insurance company did not respond during service because they never received a file about the extra work. The delay may have been caused by the insurance company or a communication issue by this facility but she does not know. She chose to go to them because her dealer recommended them and their location was convenient for her.

Sandrine C.
04/12/2016 Category: Collision
Sandrine said they did a great job on her vehicle and they were nice enough to have her rental ready for her.

YC
Yoon C.
04/11/2016 Category: Collision
Spoke with Yoon's husband. He said the employees of the business were really nice.

FN
Farah N.
04/11/2016 Category: Collision
Farah said they emailed her properly with updates. They are very pleasant, she had a good experience and she has no complaints about them. The manager is polite and she appreciates her.

NN
Nelson N.
04/11/2016 Category: Collision
Nelson said the work turned out great. He was told it was going to take a week but it took 18 days. He is not sure of the reason for the delay.

Mirza B.
04/09/2016 Category: Collision
Mirza said he is very happy with the employees at this business. They did a good job on his vehicle. He stated he would recommend them to anyone he knows.