EB
Manchester, NH
Kia Rio
12/24/2016
Car inspection
I went to bobs for an inspection- I had set it up for 1230 and specifiacslly asked not to have car put into the system. I was told it was 40 dollars. They say it arrived bins thought I was hours late because somewhere 1230 turned to 730- when I got the car I was told no one told him not to input the info--
Nothing to make me not go there. But still frustrated. Only other thing was being told after I paid inspection there was another cost to check again- no one said this to me when I asked all my questions- I honestly may have gone somewhere else if I knew that Overall not bad- but not great either

PB
Patrick B.
New Boston, NH
02/20/2016 Category: Service
Patrick said he was told the problem was with his starter. They took it out and replaced it with a rebuilt one and the vehicle still would not work. They opened up the hood and discovered a wire was unplugged. They took back their starter and put back his own and still had to pay them $100 an hour for his vehicle being there and ended up paying them $470 for something they diagnosed incorrectly. He is not recommending them for this reason.
Ron P. from Bob and Sons Automotive Inc responded on 02/25/2016

Patrick,
Thank you for your recent visit to Bob & Sons Automotive and thoughtful review. I appreciate your concerns and would like the opportunity to adjust your repair bill to reflect those concerns. Coul you call me some time today after 10:30 AM to discuss? My personal cell is: 603.620.7795. Thank you, Ron

HO
Herb O.
Manchester, NH
01/19/2016
BLOWN ESTIMATE Ball joint replacement on 2002 Subaru Outback VDC
Conditional recommendation:
I would only recommend Bob & Sons to someone whose car was (a) less than 10 years or 100k miles (b) and no one else has done any major repairs unless it is known these repairs were performed to OEM specification. I would also caution my friend that if major difficulties are encountered during a repair the estimate is no longer valid and that the repair may cost significantly more than the initial estimate.
You must also be available for Bob & Sons to call you should this occur!

The Good Stuff first:

Bob & Sons is very clean and appears to be very well-run.
The service adviser/writer is well-mannered and is very knowledgeable.

Bob & Sons exhibits an overall high degree of professionalism.
Service can be prompt - better than the dealership service departments.

Bob & Sons appear to have a goal of beating
the dealership service departments
in the Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) department
by actually providing good service instead of
just making the car owner think (s)he got good service.

The Mitchell One system Bob & Sons use is great for keeping computer and
smartphone-literate car owners up-to-date on where their vehicle is at.

Not-so-good stuff:
Bob & Sons repair
estimates are extremely "soft".
It was not made clear to me that they are a
"clock rate" shop where labor is billed by the
actual time their personnel use to repair a
vehicle entrusted to them.

Neither was their hourly rate of about $100
per hour made clear to me either.
Ron P. from Bob and Sons Automotive Inc responded on 01/20/2016

Thank you Herb for your review of your visit to Bob & Sons Automotive with your 02 Subaru. We work very hard to provide excellent service and am sorry that the cost exceeded the estimate. The rusted/broken bolt on the ball joint required extra time. We are taking steps to clarify our "clock rate" discussion better to clients. Thanks for your input and good health. Ron

Ron P. from Bob and Sons Automotive Inc responded on 02/03/2016

Hello Herb,
We appreciate your well written review. We would like to help you with the upcoming tire purchase. Please contact me to discuss further, Ron

Donna W.
Cadillac Eldorado
11/01/2014 Category: Service
Donna said she likes going to this business but it was complicated and there were a lot of things wrong with her vehicle.

Susan C.
Sunapee, NH
06/22/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Bob. He said even though he had a scheduled appointment, he had to wait an hour and a half. The business said they were busy. He will not recommend for this reason.
Ron P. from Bob and Sons Automotive Inc responded on 06/25/2013
Thank you Bob for your response. We are very sorry that your visit went longer than expected. Unfortunately we cannot predict the exact time every vehicle will require and sometimes things will back up. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Good luck in school.