HY
Haokun Y.
San Jose, CA
Mazda MX-5 Miata
04/14/2021
Excellent service by excellent people.

Lexus IS 250
04/13/2021
Great repair shop
Very fast, reasonable and efficient service.

SR
Syed R.
Lexus IS 350
04/07/2021
Great People
Great service. Eric was understanding and accommodating. The Mechanic was happy to share what he was doing with the car and also answered my queries.

Richard B.
Nissan Titan
04/07/2021
Great costumer service and great work
Byoc did a great job in communicating with me about adjustments that had to be done to fix my truck and they did a really great job in fixing it

AC
Alvaro C.
04/05/2021
Excellence
Came in for a traction control problem. Real issue was diagnosed, explained & fixed. Repair cost was reasonable, definitely saved money than previous recommendations from other place

Manuel C.
03/30/2021
Fast and affordable
Made a morning appointment the day prior they were fast and showed me exactly what my issues were and what they fixed.

Jorge & Osmara A.

Lokesh S.
Dodge Dart
03/28/2021
Fast response, quick services
I liked the services and very friendly staff.

TK
Tim K.
Ford Police Interceptor
03/27/2021
Returning Customer
I’m new to the area and when I look for a mechanic. Honesty - Integrity- Transparency are important and Eric embodies all of these traits and more . If you are looking for quality repairs and repairs performed correctly I highly recommend BYOC Repair . I rarely give 5 stars and this is my exception .

Tobie B.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
03/22/2021
Trustworthy mechanic shop, solid work
I've brought my vehicle here several times, before and after the company changed hands. The quality is still as good as ever, would 100% recommend to anyone looking to get quality work done on their cars.

Honda Accord Sedan
03/17/2021
oil change

Johnathan R.
Hayward, CA
Chevrolet Cruze
03/17/2021
Premium Pricing for repairs.
Diagnostic: I know I had a clutch problem. This is why I didn’t do the work myself. I know you have to drop the transmission. I know that it’s a huge commitment monetarily once you decide to do that. So getting charged $170 for not dropping the transmission and telling me something that I already knew that doesn’t require anything other than attempting to move the car in the parking lot (that was towed in by AAA) seems excessive. After pointing that out, and only after asking if that cost could be excluded if I decide to get the clutch replaced (between $2,100-$2,400 job), I was given a 50% discount ($85). This was the first non-customer friendly mistake made by Eric. This charge, in my case, in my opinion, should have easily been waived. This is definitely an area that needs improvement.

Quote: The Quote that was requested to have everything itemized was a little bit misleading because although it clearly states that wheel alignment is not included in specific locations of the quote it doesn’t actually say how much that will cost. It’s obvious to me that if you have to remove the subframe and any part of the suspension you need to do the alignment. If you have never done this type of work yourself or have had this work done for you in the past not everyone will know this. So not putting that on paper in my opinion is deceptive. The only time you see the cost for this, is in the bill. So either this is his style or it’s an oversight and requires improvement on his communication to customers for that eventual charge. That right there was 5% of my total bill ($100). This is charge in particular needs to be included in future quotes for this type of work.

Extras: Aside from the alignment surcharge there was another added cost that could have been explained in advance. There was the very small possibility that not all work quoted would absolutely need to be done and that decision would be made after the transmission was dropped and opened. After receiving the text message that the transmission was opened and the entire work from the quote had to be performed, I decided to stop by unexpectedly instead of just replying to go ahead and perform the work. Upon my inspection of the parts needing to be replaced two things were added to the scope of work during our walkthrough. Replacement of shaft boots and replacing my transmission fluid. Had I not stopped by and checked on the parts myself I strongly believe that this extra work/cost for changing the fluid would not have been communicated to me until I received my bill at the end. That is just my gut feeling because I did not know the total cost for that until I received my bill. Again, this is another area that needs improvement. To my surprise he did say he wouldn’t charge me labor to replace the rubber boots on my axels (only charge for parts) but didn’t mention if there would be a charge of labor for the actual act of refilling of the transmission fluid which I would hope would never be something you should charge for after performing this particular job/task in its entirety. This added an extra $120 to my total cost. So that’s another 5%...

Deals: I was told I would get 5% off parts and labor in the text message to me explaining the high quote for job such as expensive parts and a higher labor rate than other Milpitas shops. I never got that 5% discount. So that’s another $100.

Timeline: Very minor delay in procurement parts but it was understandable. Not a big deal at all. Completion of work was actually very fast.

Quality: Quality of work was satisfactory. No complaints. I have 2 years or 24,000 miles of warranty for parts and labor.

Summary: Eric’s business model and pricing strategy is highly based on hours worked equals hours charged. He does quality work in reasonable time. FULL transparency for charging/charging tactics slightly questionable. From my calculations above I paid $85 that I do not feel I should have paid. I paid $220 dollars for charges that I were not made clear to me until the bill was given to me. And I was not given my 5% discount which would have discounted at least $100 from my total bill. In a situation where a decision has to be made whether it's a good financial decision to invest money in an older vehicle for such a costly repair or cut your losses and explore other options this $400 difference (not including the $70 in taxes you have to pay for this large transaction) definitely would have made an impact on my decision moving forward with the repair.

I would recommend this shop to a friend who wants quality work with reasonable timelines at a high premium price with the disclaimer to get every single charge as well as any discounts in writing on the quote before starting work.

Justin T.
Los Gatos, CA
Nissan Rogue
03/15/2021
Professional/efficient service.
I don’t normally post good reviews for anything but this place deserves it. The communication , efficiency and service are on point. If they can get the job done, they will do it ASAP and with a smile. Super friendly and professional staff. Thanks Eric/BYOC you guys have impressed me!

LC
Lisa C.
Chevrolet Trax
03/12/2021
First time going to this establishment of awesome mechanic business 😊. I got real professional service from “Eric” our car was repaired for a reasonable price and now I don’t have to worry about it breaking down. I will be returning for all my vehicle needs.

GK
Glenn K.
Chevrolet Pickup
03/11/2021
Only doing this because the service was outstanding.
Eric and BYOC has been the easiest garage to work with I’ve ever had the pleasure of giving business to. He is patient, understanding, and fair. I essentially dropped off a theft recovery for a truck I haven’t owned in a year in really rough condition. Day 1 he was able to get it started. Day two found and repaired a stuck thermostat. Day three after getting the truck running found the 2 cats are no good and needed to be replaced to smog the truck. Each day he called me let me know what was going on and if he should proceed with the more work he’s found. Each time providing a breakdown in prices and parts. He’s also diagnosed an issue with the brakes and front end suspension for alignment. All in all I will definitely come back with the truck and my families small fleet of vehicles. He also is working on a RX-7 FD. nuff said spend your cash here.