CR
C R.
Poughquag, NY
02/22/2020
Don’t trust this dealer!
I was working with salesman Hai Lee on the purchase of a 2011 Mercedes E350 stock number EH2632p that was being sold there. On Monday Feb 17th I told Hai lee that I wanted to buy the car and was told by Hai that his manager stated to “get at least a $1500 deposit on to hold it”. I promptly gave him my credit card information and gave him the $1500 deposit. Hai agreed to hold the car for me via the deposit and we agreed I would pick it up on Wednesday Feb 19th. On the Evening of Tuesday Feb 18th I was shocked to receive the following message from Hai Lee:

Good evening, we are having an issue here. For some reason, although the deposit had been received yesterday, they had sold the vehicle for the same price, the individual had just brought the check for the amount just now. This was unexpected to me as well, if you would like to cancel this deal, they said they will happily refund you your money or if you would like to get into another vehicle at the same price we can do that.

The dealership did not hold the vehicle for me as promised but rather sold it to someone else.
When I contacted the manager Shawn Zawatski via email as he would not return my calls he was rather dismissive and stated “ We are a publicly traded company, your deposit was refunded right away. There is no legal action, you did not have a signed buyers order. Take care”.
After questioning him further about the purpose of a deposit he stated “
A deposit is not a contract. You had your money back immediately, ending this discussion. Thank you again for considering Carbone Hyundai”.

I don’t believe there was any confusion at the dealership, I firmly believe they sold the car for more money to someone who came along after I placed a deposit hold on the car.

I feel this was a very deceptive practice on the part of the dealership and question their motives in taking a deposit from me. After all what is the purpose of a deposit if they don’t hold true to their agreement?
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 02/22/2020

You are sending a complaint to the service dept about a complaint unrelated to the service department please make sure to pick the proper channel to voice your concerns and not send blanket complaints to people unrelated to this matter

MF
Michael F.
New York Mills, NY
2019 Hyundai Tucson
02/15/2020 Category: Service
The service and sales staff are absolutely amazing. Went in during a snow storm and they took care of me and my car’s service needs. When in doubt, go see Tony Lacari.

We appreciate your business and your 5 star review

New Hartford, NY
02/14/2020 Category: Service
Great service again.
Always get great service from Carbone. Dave Swald and the crew are fantastic!!

We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again !!!!!!

Holland Patent, NY
02/14/2020 Category: Service
My morning in the Waiting room of Hyundai
I was impressed with Dave the customer service rep I spoke to. He was very helpful.to the extent that he brought my car up to the office door so I did not have to contend with the people plowing the parking lot. However I am not happy about the many e-mails I received about the 15000 mile check-up. Saying I was overdue. I had not reached the 15000 mile mark and I sent them a message I would call when I did meet the 15000 mile mark. Which I did. The next day after my car was in fior service I received another message saying I was overdue. I would give Customer Service an A and the anoying e-mails an F. I do not give permission for this review to be used other then for giving the dealership information.

Thank you for your business !!!!!

MK
Meho K.
Utica, NY
02/12/2020 Category: Service
Oil Change Service
Timely, efficient service.
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 02/12/2020

We greatly appreciate your review and patronage

Justice C.
Vernon, NY
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/04/2020 Category: Service
this question does not make any sense!!!
the associates are professional and competent
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 02/04/2020

We love getting a 5 star review !!!! Thank you so much and hope to serve you again in the future

James R.
Chadwicks, NY
01/28/2020 Category: Service
They get right to work and get you out of there. Work has always been up where it belongs.
Good Job!!!!!!!
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 01/28/2020

We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again !!!

DK
Donna K.
Utica, NY
2016 Hyundai Accent
01/27/2020 Category: Service
Very pleasant staff and atmosphere
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 01/27/2020

Thank you so much for the review !!!!!
Have a great day and come see us again !!!!

Mary R.
Whitesboro, NY
2016 Hyundai Azera
01/20/2020 Category: Service
Prompt service
They were very informative regarding the problem with my car. They even sent me pictures to show me what was wrong before they did the repair. Everyone was courteous and friendly.
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 01/25/2020

We appreciate you feedback and business !!!!

Saint Johnsville, NY
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/20/2020 Category: Service
Great Customer service.
Good Hyundai Dealership.
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 01/20/2020

we appreciate your feedback and look foward to serving you again

Newport, NY
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
01/17/2020 Category: Service
Quick and very friendly
None

We love our customers and hope to see you again with all your vehicle needs

Mark M.
Whitesboro, NY
2019 Hyundai Kona
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Always on the ball
Service done correctly, They value your time and are very knowledgeable
Christopher J M., Service Dept . Manager from Carbone Hyundai responded on 01/14/2020

Team Carbone Hyundai Appreciates you business , Thank you

RT
Rose T.
New Hartford, NY
2019 Hyundai Sonata
01/12/2020 Category: Service
Great work
The people are always nice to me.

Thanks for your Five Star Review !!!!!

GB
Gerald B.
Yorkville, NY
01/10/2020 Category: Service
Service done on time
Car kept clean and service complete on time.

we hope you come see us again !!!! Thank you

Jeanette F.
Herkimer, NY
2019 Hyundai Elantra
01/08/2020 Category: Service
The Best
At Carbone Hyundai the service and professionalism remains the top rating.

We Appreciate your business !!!!