Review Policy Reviews with the "Verified by SureCritic" logo are from actual customers of the business. SureCritic may acquire reviews from certified third-party partners. Partners are required to send all reviews to SureCritic regardless of score. Additionally, SureCritic does not allow prequalification prior to giving a review. Reviews that are prequalified will be deleted upon discovery. SureCritic does not filter or delete verified reviews based upon content or score unless the content is in violation of our Content Policy (below) and/or the Consumer Reviews Fairness Act (CRFA). Reviews entered online through the business review page are not verified automatically and will remain unverified pending a successful SureCritic verification. It may take up to 14 days to verify the validity of the review. Once the verification process is completed, it will be either "Verified by SureCritic", "Unknown Customer Status", listed in the “not recommended” section and/or removed as a SPAM or Fake Review. If SureCritic is unable to validate customer status (that the customer actually visited the business), the review may be listed in the “not recommended” section of our web page or considered SPAM and removed.
To maintain the integrity of our site, Verified Reviews, those that have been confirmed as real customer by virtue of an existing record in the business' point of sale system are not deleted or filtered unless they violate our review policy as seen below. Reviews that are obtained through the business' review page outside of our verification process may be listed it the “not recommended” section of our web page.
Reviews and Responses are subject to removal and editing if they contain any of the following:
- Advertising, Spam, URLs - Unless you are the business owner editing your business listing, cross promotion of other web-based content with links or spelled out links is not acceptable within the context of a review.
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Material - Copyright infringement will not be allowed. Reviews copied from other sites violates this policy. Additionally, it is a copyright infringement to copy reviews from this site without the express written consent of SureCritic, Inc.
- Private Information - Do not post information that is not available in the public domain.
- Impersonation - Promoting yourself as someone else is not acceptable.
- Offensive Content - Hate speech, threats, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Profanity - Profane words, words that may not be profane but are written in such a context as to have a profane or derogatory meaning are not acceptable and will be removed.
- Accusation of Criminal Activity - Any reviews accusing someone or a business of a crime will be removed.
- Harassment including multiple reviews for the same transaction- Any harassment of businesses or posting of multiple reviews for the same visit (excluding ReScore) will result in removal of review(s).
- Any review obtained as a result of a positive response to a prequalification survey. A prequalification survey is commonly used to first determine whether a customer is happy before asking for a review. SureCritic believes this results in an abnormally skewed number of positive reviews which gives consumers the impression that the reviews are fake. SureCritic will remove any reviews it determines are a result of prequalification.
- Any confidential or private information – for example, a person’s financial, medical, or personnel file information or a company’s trade secrets.
- Any libelous, harassing, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or inappropriate content with respect to race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, or other intrinsic characteristic. • Any content that is unrelated to the company’s products or services
- Any content that is clearly false or misleading.
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied by us, or by any third party on one of SureCritic’s sites in a manner that you believe constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with written information as specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on a SureCritic site, including the URL of the page on which it appears;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on SureCritic sites can be reached at email@example.com
Changes to the Review Policy
SureCritic reserves the right to modify this Review Policy at any time, so you should review it frequently for changes. If we make changes to this Review Policy, we will post such changes here at http://www.surecritic.com/review_policy . Your continued use of our Online Services and/or provision of your Personal Information after such posting constitute your acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date: November 15, 2017