4.6

Overall Rating 3.3750038/5Overall Rating 3.3750038/5Overall Rating 3.3750038/5rating 3.3750038rating 3.3750038
Overall Rating 1.5000013/5rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013

DAVID W.
South Lyon, MI
05/25/2016
Not so great experience, but here's a suggestion to improve
I brought my son's 2007 Ford Focus in to repair a flat tire, and then added service to fix his air conditioner, and to rotate his tires. Service was performed okay. I drove across the street to pick up my wife. In the parking lot, I walked around his car to see which wheel had the new tire. As I inspected the tires, I noticed that one of the plastic lug nut covers was missing. I picked up my wife and drove back to Metro 25 to ask for the missing lug nut cap. The service writer asked me to drive the car to one of the service bays. He came out and abruptly told me his mechanic said the lug nut cover was missing when I brought it in. That morning, as I took the keys from my son, I walked around the car and the lug nut caps were all in place on the three intact tires. The other four lug nut caps were in the rear seat cup holder, so I took them out and put them in the trunk with the flat tire so the mechanic would find them. I had accounted for all 16 lug nut caps, so I felt that the service writer and the mechanic were calling me a liar. This did not sit well with me at all. I felt that the mechanic was probably careless and misplaced one of the lug nut caps. The only other explanation was that a lug nut cap came off on the 5-mile drive from my home to Metro 25. I also noticed after I got home (still fuming) that the lug nut caps were not turned the 1/16th turn needed to lock them in place. This bad feeling I have now for Metro 25 can be avoided in the future for other customers if you follow this suggestion: If you or your mechanic notice any missing parts, point them out to your customer before you start work. That way there won't be any misunderstandings. I probably won 't be back to Metro 25 for tires or service on my own vehicle, but I cannot answer for my son. I think he may still bring his car to Metro 25 in the future.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 05/26/2016

Glad to see service was ok. Sorry you feel that way. You wouldnt know but those caps are very hard to deal with. Not a good design at all and are problems at many shops. That was a tire tech not mechnic repairing your tire. Thanks and have a nice day CHRIS BAILEY OWNER

KK
KEVIN K.
West Bloomfield, MI
Chevrolet Cobalt
04/25/2016
Fast Service, Customer Service needs work
I walked in the door Saturday afternoon just to have my tires balanced and rotated. They were very quick. The gentleman who was working the front desk however seemed very displeased that I walked in and interrupted his computer game playing time. The only reason why I didn't leave was because Bell Tire had a 45 minute wait. I'm not the type of customer that asks for much but the least you could do when a customer walks in is say "Hello"
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 04/28/2016

KEVIN GLAD JOB WAS DONE QUICKLY AND CORRECTLY BUT WILL WORK ON SOFT SKILLS LIKE SAY HELLO TO CUSTOMERS WHEN ENTERING SHOWROON. THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY CHRIS BAILEY OWNER.

EJ
ERIC J.
03/12/2016
I felt that I've been ripped off !!!!!!!!!
Will never comeback ! And will tell all my friends not to come here
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 03/14/2016

Sorry you feel that way ERIC. The firestone tire your wife brought is more money at belle also tire sensor $20 more at dealer. Came in at 615pm and was out by 645pm. Tire was driven on flat and sensor was broken prior. NOt sure why you would say that because you have been coming here for years. Wouldnt be here 17 years ERIC  doing business like that.

JOHN S.
Pontiac G6
01/21/2016
They make sure customer is satisfied
Went back and talked to Chris, he explained and showed me that studs were not stripped. Lug nuts were worn out and he replaced all 20 free of charge. Will definitely continue doing business their in the future. Thanks Chris!!

01/21/2016
Not happy
Last 3 oil changes and tire rotation done at your store. Now suddenly most of my tire studs are stripped, not happy.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 01/22/2016

Sorry to here that John. please bring car back and we will replace any damaged studs or lug nuts. Per  chris bailey owner

DOREEN C.
Chevrolet Uplander
10/19/2015
Not a place for women to go! to get repairs.
Won;t go back again over charged, got parts without asking me first, could have gone to a auto parts store and saved money, raditor cap 30.00???????. bill was confusing!
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 10/20/2015

Sorry that you feel that way but used gm parts and not some discount parts house. Tried calling to make sure repairs are done correctly but mail box was full. Also make sure you have heat because thats what you came into the store to fix. Please call if not all repairs warrenty parts and labor 1 year or 12,000. Thanks and have a great day CHRIS BAILEY owner. 248 477 4840

DONNA H.
Westland, MI
Saturn Ion 3
10/12/2015
Bulb Replacement
I've been a customer for years and came in on 10/9/15 for front turn signal bulb replacement. Normally I'm quite satisfied with service and feel your prices are reasonable. Not so for this visit. I was charged $31.00 for this service. When I questioned the price, I was told the bulb was $4.00-$5.00 and the rest was the labor charge. I was stunned. The service rep. explained that a flat rate percentage is charged for all bulb replacement, noting that some bulbs are difficult and may require up to two hours to replace, so all customers are charged the same, it's easier that way. I was in and out of your shop in 10 minutes. Obviously this wasn't a difficult bulb replacement and to charge that amount for labor is just plain wrong and totally taking advantage of the customer. Wallmart charges $5.00 for bulb replacement, but unfortunately for me, they didn't have my bulb in stock. Now I'm wondering about all my prior service calls, was I being taken advantage of then also? Based on this experience, I can't give my recommendation at this time.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 10/13/2015

Glad you are normally satisfied here at cm super tire. I can refund or store credit you $10. thanks and have a nice day CHRIS BAILEY owner.

JAY/LISA L.
Nissan Versa
07/21/2015
Oil Change Service
Not so good, wife came in for an oil change while in the city and was told a coupon was being used because we always use Firestone here in Illinois & get a synth oil change for only 21.99 and she said she was charged almost 30.00 for a reg oil change. I find that a bit high
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 07/22/2015

She was given a price prior to service and recieved a synth blend oil service. In and out in 25 minutes. NOted oil cap does not say use full synthtic oil. Thanks chris bailey owner.

RI
RANDY I.
Saint Clair, MI
Chevrolet Chevy Express
07/04/2015
Improper bleeding of brakes
I made a return trip after brakes had the abs going off on stops and hard pulling to left or right. Took it to another mechanic because Firestone stated the problems were a coincidence. Other shop said the brakes were not bled well and was air inside still which caused problems. Be warned, pray they fix your car right the first time because they dont care to admit mistakes on their end.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 07/07/2015

Im glad to see your problem was taken care of because ABS going on and off usually is not a result of bleeding brakes. They are differnt systems. Chris Bailey owner

LJ
LATRICE J.
Southfield, MI
05/07/2015
resolve
The review given had nothing to do with the price but everything to do with the way business was handled. No customer should feel coerced into doing business.the fee for dismantling my vehicle and handing it back to me in pieces had been refunded and the matter resolved.

05/07/2015
Horrible outsourcing partner!
I took my vehicle to the Livonia Firestone for repairs and ended up having it held hostage by Independent Transmission company on Mcnichols. I paid a service fee to have my vehicle checked for a loud roaring noise and was told what the issue was but after informing them I did not want them to do the work as the price was too expensive, they proceeded to try and force me into letting them keep my vehicle and do the repairs. They took the price from $1200 to $1000 and when I continued to say NO they decided to tell me that my car had been broken down into a thousand pieces! I did not ask for a total over haul but they took it upon themselves to do so. Fortunately I had another mechanic whom was willing to get my car from the transmission place which it was outsourced to from Firestone and it just so happened that the mechanic I called to fix the issue previously worked for the transmission company (Independent Transmission on Mc Nichols). After Neil of Independent Transmission made contact back and forth with Firestone attempting to force me into letting him do the work then attempting to coerce the situation by stating that my car was in a million pieces and they couldn't put it together (if I give you my car in one piece only asking to diagnose an issue how can I not get it back in one piece?) It was amazing how his entire tone changed once he realized he knew the person that I had come pick up the car from his shop. All of a sudden Neil had no more to say and stated that everything will be fine. He could no longer argue with me using low moral and forceful tactics maybe based on the fact that his former employee/my new mechanic was aware of his methods. For firestone to deal with this transmission company and play phone tag back and forth with him attempting to coerce me into letting them repair my vehicle only showed me their true level of integrity which saddens me to say I will NEVER use their services again. I hope the $128.00 service fee was worth the loss of a customer and negative mark that will be given to the better business bureau.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 05/13/2015

Im sorry that you had problem with Neil at trans shop. Super tire has been going to Neil for 7 years and have never had problem before. Glad to see you got it fixed cheaper. That rear end was very noisy and on its last leg when we drove to the trans shop.

BRENDAN M.
Farmington, MI
04/09/2015
not very impressed
The last time I came in, the man who "helped" me didn't greet me and barely spoke to me when I brought my car in for a tire rotation and oil change. I brought my car in at 10am and there weren't many other cars there at the time. After almost five hours of waiting to hear about my car, I finally called to see how much longer they would be as I had many things I had to get done on my day off. The man casually told me it had been completed for a little while, but he never apologized for not calling me to inform me. Any other time, they have given me a phone call to let me know I could pick my car up, which is standard and not hard to do.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 04/14/2015

Sorry that we didnt call but as in past usually done within hour or less. Thanks Chris Bailey owner

MO
MIKE/CYNTHIA O.
09/11/2014
Vehicle breakdown
My wife had the same problem and had to have the car towed back - got stuck in an intersection with entire electrical system shut down. And we paid $437 for a repair that may not have addressed the primary concern.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 09/16/2014

Mr Oakes thanks for bringing car back. Replaced factory battery and glad to see everything is ok.

RON S.
Buick Enclave
08/06/2014
incompetent mechanic /not able to service newer vehicle
I had a bad experience here. I don't know anything about cars so I have to trust that the people I take my car to know what they are doing. I needed my right front headlight fixed six and a half hours later and $392.00 later they still made no progress. They offered to refund my money but wanted there parts back, I did not wish there so called certified mechanic touching my car again and wasting my time So I decided to take my business elsewhere. Firestone will never get my business again and I plan on pursing this matter through the BBB and making a consumer complaint through the state attorney general. If it was me running that business I would have ate the coat of the part and given my loyal customer a full refund. the owner Chris was more worried about getting the money back for his part, instead of taking care of a good customer. -Ron Salkeld
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 08/14/2014

glad you brought the car back and we were able to correct problem with light. Sorry for inconvience Ron next oil change on us if you wish. Thanks and have a great day.

SUSAN M.
Smoljan
Chevrolet Silverado
06/10/2014
Fast, but not upfront.
Fast service, but was not told that I was paying $355 for a remanufactured starter. I am NOT happy about that at all. I would have declined if I had been told that.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 06/17/2014

Susan im glad service was fast but not happy abount being up front. I would like to tell you that you have a parts and labor lifetime warrenty. Any problems with that starter it will be replaced free of charge per chris bailey owner!!

DEREK B.
GMC Sierra
05/30/2014
not very professional
Steering wheel was greasy, tire pressure was left at 31psi, and manager was grumpy and rude.

RZ
RENEE Z.
Jeep Compass
04/19/2014
Unsure
I went in for new tires and an oil change. They told me I needed a new ball joint, but they had replaced it 2 1/2 years ago. They warranteed the part but the labor was $120. I am not sure that they weren't just looking for work.

AC
ANDREW C.
Redford Charter Township, MI
02/12/2014
told I was to get credit and did not get it
Chris and Joe called me back and told me they would give me a $100 in store credit toward my next service. Not $184 but they have restored good faith to me so I will go back.

02/12/2014
told I was to get credit and did not
I was told that $184 to drop the gas tank in my daughters jeep would be deducted from my bill if I had the service done here. They refused to do that at the end of the job. Hence I will be bringing my buisness elsewere in the future. Shame, I have been bringing many cars here for many years.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 02/15/2014

Sorry for misunderstanding Andrew. That was minimun charge to drop gas tank to see if jeep was worth repairing. Anyway I will give you $100 instore credit for future purchases. THank you staff at CMSUPER TIRE

AH
ALEXANDRA H.
Northville, MI
Pontiac Vibe
12/27/2013
Not very upfront
It turns out that they didn't have the oil filter my car needed. Instead of telling me that they had to call and get this from another place, they just let me sit there wondering why a 20-minute oil change was taking nearly an hour. I get that not every part is in stock but a simple, "Hey just wanted to let you know what's going on" would really have been appreciated. Then they tried to charge me full price even though last time I had pre-paid for 3 oil changes. They said, "Oh sorry it wasn't in the system." That's just frustrating and I feel like it's happened before.

MARGO M.
Detroit, MI
11/15/2013
Chris the manager and/0r owner
I live in Detroit which means I took two (2) trips for something that should have been handled the first trip-brake pads. Free of charge lifetime pads are free of charge. I had my brakes fixed 10/2012. Lot's of good service that I paid "labor" for. I'm cool. MUCH LUV 4 U.

11/15/2013
Men treat women car owners like they are stupid; I was born in a junk yard. Won't be going back
Last year I had brakes put on which meant my pads where-lifetime. Correct. I came to the store 10/08/2013 because my brakes where squeaking they machined the rotors and gave me back my car. I my recent visit consist of them replacing the pads. Yikes! the inner board pads and calipers are shot. Thanks guys
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/20/2013

Sorry you feel that way. Replaced pads and did brakes no charge this time. You said thank you chris and dont get bad review?? after all we have done for you. Lots of good service to you.

EF
EUGENE F.
Chevrolet Suburban
10/24/2013
a deposit?
the tires ordered were not delivered at the agreed upon time, I was also asked to leave a deposit, I don't think all clients are asked to leave a "good faith" deposit.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 10/25/2013

ALL NON STOCK TIRES REQUIRE DEPOSIT HERE. Sorry tires did not get here at 930am monday but did get them at 230pm same day.GLad we were able to beat your best price. thanks for the business and see you for free tire rotations Mr Franklin. THanks Chris Bailey owner

Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 10/25/2013

thanks

GM
GREGG M.
Detroit, MI
09/09/2013
Time management is lacking
I was surprised that it took over an hour to have my oil changed and my tires rotated after I was quoted 30 to 45 minutes.

I was quoted $180 for front brakes on my honda civic. That sounds ridiculous. I will be checking elsewhere. I guess you can say I was underwhelmed by this visit.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 09/10/2013

HI GREEG THIS IS CHRIS BAILEY OWNER. I TOOK CARE OF YOU ON 1ST VISIT. SORRY ABOUT SLOW SERVICE. KEEP IN MIND BEING WITH TRINITY HEALTH YOU GET 10% OFF SERVICE. ALSO PRICED PREIMUM PADS AND CAN USE LESSOR QUALITY FOR $20 LESS. HAVE A NICE DAY