Overall Rating 3.3750038/5Overall Rating 3.3750038/5Overall Rating 3.3750038/5rating 3.3750038rating 3.3750038
Overall Rating 1.5000013/5rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013

DK
Debi K.
11/24/2016
WOW!
All Caps? I guess you are angry with me?
I didn't ask your shop to replace my fuel pump. I actually told them I suspected a fuel pump or timing belt from how it acted when it stopped. Then I agreed to pay $80 for diagnostics for your shop to determine the issue.
While you say that you are "GLAD WE DIDNT PUT IN FUEL PUMP YOU THOUGHT IT NEEDED." I am extremely happy that I didn't decide to junk my car when your employee told me that the engine was blown and gave out.

I guess I was wrong in thinking an apology would be something I could expect from an owner who had been in business for 18 years, but I realize customers come and go and obviously you don't see a need to keep all of us. like I said in my review, you guys appear to be a good choice for tires and basic oil changes.
I am sorry if you think my review was unreasonable, but I truly believe if the shoe was on the other foot, or your wifes, daughters or grandaughters, none of you would believe that your business is somewhere to take a vehicle for any type of repair other than tires.

When the staff on the property can't diagnose a problem but someone on the phone can, that more than likely is not a repair your shop should be trying to diagnose on that particular day and you should let your customer know you can't handle it, so they can make an informed decision. There is nothing wrong about telling the truth.

Debi K

11/24/2016
Over priced, educate yourself and be aware
I have been a customer of Metro 25 for a couple years. The first thing that drew me there was location to my home and they accepted a credit card that gave me 6 months same as cash to pay for major purchases. While I still believe this business is a good choice for tires or possibly an oil change, I believe it is an extreme dis-service to their customers to continue to charge what they charge for many other other repair jobs. While I learned awhile ago that their pricing was a bit higher than my old auto repair, I needed that 6 months same as cash option. This week I had an issue where my car stalled while pulling out of my driveway, I called metro 25, someone named John answered the phone, I asked how much the charge would be for a fuel pump, thinking it may be the problem, then I asked what the charge would be for a timing belt and he told me I just needed to have it brought in, they would look at it and give me pricing then. I decided to have it towed there. My car and I arrived there around 11:30, at 2:30 I asked the guy at the desk if they determined anything. He went into the shop to check and came back and said "he's looking at something on the computer. About 45 minutes later, two guys come in from the shop and appear to be in a bit of a disagreement, with one of them saying "I didn't spray that much in there". It looked like he had my distributor cap in his hand, but I am not sure. The guy at the desk went into the shop with them. Another 15 minutes later, they call me to the desk and one of them says "your engine is blown", I said "how can that be, I just drove it 100 feet out of my driveway"..he said to me "it just wore out". Then the three of them go back into the shop, the desk guy comes back and gets on the phone. About 10 minutes or so later the guy at the desk looks at me and says "Its your timing belt". At this point I think what the heck is wrong with this place? I asked the guy " are you sure its my timing belt, or are you guys guessing?". He tells me they are sure because "I just talked on the phone to my engine guy". Really? I think to myself. You have two guys looking at my car for almost 4 hours now and a guy on the phone knows what is wrong with it but the two in the shop you had tinkering with my engine gave up and said the engine is blown. So I wait for a price, I am told that the engine guy that was on the phone is pricing it out. Another 30 minutes passes and I am told $795. During my day spent in the waiting area, I had a lot of time to do some internet research learning more about the timing belt for my car model and year. I knew it was approximately a 4 hour job, the water pump should probably be replaced at the same time, and the seals should be replaced and, maybe a serpentine belt. The internet has a job estimator, I know this is not always accurate, but it said it should cost about $450 -$500 parts and labor.
Something I did forget to mention above is Metro 25 said they wouldn't have this "BIG" job done until after the holiday, possibly not until next Monday , which was 7 days away, because of the holiday week. I told them this is a no go. One guy pushed my car out of the bay and left it land where it did, seriously...I had to push it into a parking space myself. At this time, the guy that determined my engine was gone came out and said this to me "You aren't even having the work done here? This is a HUGE job, they (my other shop) don't know what they are saying, they will never have it done."
That is it for me with Metro 25, I paid that $80 diagnostic fee for them keeping me warm for 5 hours, broke up that gimick credit card in front of the guy writing me up, called a tow truck, had my car taken to the shop in Dearborn. And received the call that my car was repaired and ready for pickup at 5:30 the following day.
The other shop, replaced the timing belt, the water pump, the seals and both serpentine belts. I paid them $510 and have the receipt to prove it if anyone doubts my words.
Don't trust this shop with any type of work other that basic work...some of the guys working here and looking at your car have no idea what they are doing. There are also alot of shops that no longer charge the diagnosis fee, that you are used to seeing at a dealer shop. Be educated and be aware of what is going on. I had seen other signs of lack of integrity and ethics here before, although very minuete in comparison to this instance, but I let it slide because I liked that 6 months same as cash...That was where I went wrong.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/28/2016

Debi, THE CAR WAS DIAGED CORRECTLY JUST NOT IN TIMLY MATTER. GLAD WE DIDNT PUT IN FUEL PUMP YOU THOUGHT IT NEEDED. GLAD YOR TECH FIXED YOUR CAR. HAVNT BEEN IN BUSINESS 18 YEARS GUESSING!!!!!!!THANKS CHRIS BAILEY OWNER

JOHN S.
Pontiac G6
01/21/2016
They make sure customer is satisfied
Went back and talked to Chris, he explained and showed me that studs were not stripped. Lug nuts were worn out and he replaced all 20 free of charge. Will definitely continue doing business their in the future. Thanks Chris!!

01/21/2016
Not happy
Last 3 oil changes and tire rotation done at your store. Now suddenly most of my tire studs are stripped, not happy.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 01/22/2016

Sorry to here that John. please bring car back and we will replace any damaged studs or lug nuts. Per  chris bailey owner

LJ
LATRICE J.
Southfield, MI
05/07/2015
resolve
The review given had nothing to do with the price but everything to do with the way business was handled. No customer should feel coerced into doing business.the fee for dismantling my vehicle and handing it back to me in pieces had been refunded and the matter resolved.

05/07/2015
Horrible outsourcing partner!
I took my vehicle to the Livonia Firestone for repairs and ended up having it held hostage by Independent Transmission company on Mcnichols. I paid a service fee to have my vehicle checked for a loud roaring noise and was told what the issue was but after informing them I did not want them to do the work as the price was too expensive, they proceeded to try and force me into letting them keep my vehicle and do the repairs. They took the price from $1200 to $1000 and when I continued to say NO they decided to tell me that my car had been broken down into a thousand pieces! I did not ask for a total over haul but they took it upon themselves to do so. Fortunately I had another mechanic whom was willing to get my car from the transmission place which it was outsourced to from Firestone and it just so happened that the mechanic I called to fix the issue previously worked for the transmission company (Independent Transmission on Mc Nichols). After Neil of Independent Transmission made contact back and forth with Firestone attempting to force me into letting him do the work then attempting to coerce the situation by stating that my car was in a million pieces and they couldn't put it together (if I give you my car in one piece only asking to diagnose an issue how can I not get it back in one piece?) It was amazing how his entire tone changed once he realized he knew the person that I had come pick up the car from his shop. All of a sudden Neil had no more to say and stated that everything will be fine. He could no longer argue with me using low moral and forceful tactics maybe based on the fact that his former employee/my new mechanic was aware of his methods. For firestone to deal with this transmission company and play phone tag back and forth with him attempting to coerce me into letting them repair my vehicle only showed me their true level of integrity which saddens me to say I will NEVER use their services again. I hope the $128.00 service fee was worth the loss of a customer and negative mark that will be given to the better business bureau.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 05/13/2015

Im sorry that you had problem with Neil at trans shop. Super tire has been going to Neil for 7 years and have never had problem before. Glad to see you got it fixed cheaper. That rear end was very noisy and on its last leg when we drove to the trans shop.

DONNA H.
Westland, MI
Saturn Ion 3
10/15/2014
Service problem corrected
I took my car back in and was taken care of immediately. Actually, I was met at the door by the service tech! O2 sensor that they got from their supplier was bad. They replaced it and I was good to go. Car has been fine since. Thanks Chris and all your staff!

10/15/2014
Overall, a fine, friendly, trustworthy facility. Had my first "problem" with the service today.
I was in for service 10/14/14 for engine light being on and car was "bucking" while being driven. Diagnostic showed that front & rear O2 sensors were bad and needed replacement. Also new plugs and air filter. Check engine light was no longer on when I left service. Now, this morning (10/15) engine light is back on. I'm not at all happy about this and the fact I'll have to make another trip out to the service facility very soon.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 10/31/2014

THANKS FOR BRINGING BACK CAR DONNA. THAT DEFECTIVE O2 SENSOR WAS THE PROBLEM. HAVE A NICE DAY!!

AC
ANDREW C.
Redford Charter Township, MI
02/12/2014
told I was to get credit and did not get it
Chris and Joe called me back and told me they would give me a $100 in store credit toward my next service. Not $184 but they have restored good faith to me so I will go back.

02/12/2014
told I was to get credit and did not
I was told that $184 to drop the gas tank in my daughters jeep would be deducted from my bill if I had the service done here. They refused to do that at the end of the job. Hence I will be bringing my buisness elsewere in the future. Shame, I have been bringing many cars here for many years.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 02/15/2014

Sorry for misunderstanding Andrew. That was minimun charge to drop gas tank to see if jeep was worth repairing. Anyway I will give you $100 instore credit for future purchases. THank you staff at CMSUPER TIRE

MARGO M.
Detroit, MI
11/15/2013
Chris the manager and/0r owner
I live in Detroit which means I took two (2) trips for something that should have been handled the first trip-brake pads. Free of charge lifetime pads are free of charge. I had my brakes fixed 10/2012. Lot's of good service that I paid "labor" for. I'm cool. MUCH LUV 4 U.

11/15/2013
Men treat women car owners like they are stupid; I was born in a junk yard. Won't be going back
Last year I had brakes put on which meant my pads where-lifetime. Correct. I came to the store 10/08/2013 because my brakes where squeaking they machined the rotors and gave me back my car. I my recent visit consist of them replacing the pads. Yikes! the inner board pads and calipers are shot. Thanks guys
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/20/2013

Sorry you feel that way. Replaced pads and did brakes no charge this time. You said thank you chris and dont get bad review?? after all we have done for you. Lots of good service to you.

CHARMANE B.
Westland, MI
09/04/2013
Oil Change
The matter was addressed and accept your apology.

09/04/2013
Oil Change
I was initially estatic about Metro 25, but now it seems as if business is slacking just a bit since new management has come in. Im not happy being told to look in my manual to reset my oil life when it has always been done previously!!
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 09/10/2013

SORRY MRS BUSSIE FOR NOT SETTING OIL LIFE. WE TRY AND SET ALL LIGHTS AFTER SERVICE.

DALE M.
Redford Charter Township, MI
Kia Soul
08/19/2013
Reset
They called me and resolved my concerns, i was impressed on how quickly my complaint was taken care of. I will now go back. This was handled very professionally.

08/19/2013
ripped off
In the past I have been very satisfied, however, this time I am not. i was charged for 5 quarts of Mobile One, (I supplied 1/2 quart), my car holds 3 1/2 quarts. If I have to pay for 5 quarts then why didn't I get the other 2? I will most likely find another place to care for my needs. I do not like being ripped off or lied to.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 08/20/2013

Hi Dale this is Chris Bailey owner. Im sorry for the confusion last oil chage. please allow me to give you the next oil on me. The saleman charge 44.99 instead of 34.99 for oil.

MJ
MICHEAL J.
Saturn Outlook
10/20/2019
Fast honest service with no bs diagnosis. Reasonable pricing with no overselling.

BW
BROCK/STACEY W.
Chrysler Pacifica
10/20/2019
Tire repair
Very happy with the customer service I received from them. Had a nail in my tire, they got me right in and back on the road within about a half hour.

JESSE/GAIL P.
Farmington, MI
Cadillac Escalade
10/10/2019
great professional service!
I always receive great service! Chris and the guys are my first choice for my automotive needs!

JOANNE D.
Buick LaCrosse
10/08/2019
Having a bad day?
Customer loyalty should at least warrant a smile and friendly answers, don’t you think? Will be thinking about finding a less expensive service center for the future—- if there is one. We shall see.

Pontiac G6
10/04/2019
Quick Tire Leak Repair
I was told that the repair would take about 45 minutes and it was completed in less than 30 minutes, so I was happy.

Northville, MI
10/02/2019
Would not recommend
Was quoted a certain price. Then was charged more. Was told same day for tire, didn’t happen. Called to ask about it, whomever answered the phone was rude and dismissive.

TP
TERI P.
Redford, MI
09/29/2019
Trustworthy
They make sure your vehicle is safe to drive Best price.I know they will always tell me the truth about my car.

ST
SHIRLEY T.
Plymouth, MI
Lexus RX 450h
09/26/2019
AUTO SERVICE
EXCELLENT SERVICE, ADVICE AND FRIENDLY
I needed an oil change, tire rotation and wipers. I didn’t have time to play games on my phone! LOL
Let’s face it life is hectic and I was out in a flash!

DF
DWAIN F.
Detroit, MI
08/14/2019
Honesty, great service.
Got me in and out. Had mt records and knew what was needed.

GR
GARY R.
Mercury Sable
08/13/2019
Oil Change
Great service today! In and out in 15 minutes.

MARK M.

MIKE S.
Chevrolet Camaro
07/06/2019
Belt replacement 2011 Camaro
A big thank you to Chris and the gang at metro 25 as always work was done to my satisfaction in a timely manner with a fair price. I will continue to recommend this establishment to my family and friends.