Decatur Pro Auto Repair

RICK M. on 11/19/2017
"Great service!"
My family and I are very pleased with services we receive at Decatur Pro. Steve is very courteous and always provides us with information and advice about our vehicles. This is our first choice for auto repair.
Vehicle: Volvo S60
Service Date: 11/17/2017
Review Created: 11/19/2017 05:43 AM
Amyn D. on 11/17/2017
Amyn said this was his first experience.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 11/13/2017
Review Created: 11/17/2017
Ryan S. on 11/16/2017
"Great service, quick turn around"
Dropped the car off in the morning for all four brakes to be serviced and oil change. The car was done and ready to pickup by noon. Vehicle drives great. Quality work as usual. Will continue to bring my car in for service with Decatur Pro.
Vehicle: Scion xB
Service Date: 11/14/2017
Review Created: 11/16/2017 09:28 AM
Ayaz K. on 11/15/2017
Ayaz said the service was awesome.
Vehicle: Audi A6
Service Date: 11/09/2017
Review Created: 11/15/2017
D.K. W. on 11/06/2017
D.K. said he was satisfied up until his last visit. He was told to come in to exchange a wiper blade that was installed wrong. After arriving it became a debate of who's fault it was as opposed to simply exchanging the blade. The technician could definitely use some customer service skills, although he does good work. He spoke with the owner about the issue and he left this business with a bad taste in his mouth. There is another vehicle he was planning to take to this business for service. He recommends this business for service.
Vehicle: Volvo V70
Service Date: 10/26/2017
Review Created: 11/06/2017
B6d812f2e07ad7437e73a0fa01a6f40f?s=28
Steve Y. at Decatur Pro Auto Repair responded on 11/07/2017

Mr Will***s,

Thank you for the positive/negative review... I dont mean to be defensive but you brought your own part(s) and we installed them. We actually did not even charge you labor for the wiper blade that you brought to us. We did not charge you for the work we had to do twice because you brought a wrong part us. Even though we explained before we started that used parts sometimes will not work especially if it came off a different year model.

You came back because you wanted a new passenger side wiper blade but you brought us the driver's side wiper blade. We cant help that you purchased the wrong part.

I will admit that I got kurt with you as I did not see how you could blame us for your mistake... I did give you a new passenger side wiper blade and did not charge you because it was easier to just let you go instead of arguing over $10.

Tamela W. on 11/06/2017
Tamela said this business got her in and out quickly and the work was done fine.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 10/27/2017
Review Created: 11/06/2017
Rita R. on 11/02/2017
Rita said this was her second visit to this business and she was taken care of very promptly and politely.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa Note
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 11/02/2017
Joann C. on 10/28/2017
Joann said this business did a good job on her vehicle. It was done when they said it would be, and it came in less than the estimate. They are wonderful to her, and do not take advantage of her.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 10/25/2017
Review Created: 10/28/2017
Dan K. on 10/24/2017
Dan said they communicated well and the speed of their service was timely. They went above and beyond. They were professional with every aspect of the repairs.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Coupe
Service Date: 10/20/2017
Review Created: 10/24/2017
Andrew G. on 10/24/2017
Spoke with Stephanie. She said this business got the work done in a timely manner and at a reasonable price.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 10/19/2017
Review Created: 10/24/2017
Beverly L. on 10/23/2017
Beverly said she thought this business was pretty good and they were nice. However, they didn't always get back to her right away.
Vehicle: Saturn SL
Service Date: 10/18/2017
Review Created: 10/23/2017
Tucker D. on 10/23/2017
Tucker said he thought the price was reasonable and they completed the work quickly without an appointment.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 10/18/2017
Review Created: 10/23/2017
Reginald B. on 10/13/2017
Reginald said the business did a good job.
Vehicle: Toyota Venza
Service Date: 10/07/2017
Review Created: 10/13/2017
JEREMY S. on 10/12/2017
"Wonderful Service and Fair Labor Pricing "
I just had the greatest car service experience with these guys. I was about to head out of town for my wedding this weekend and my battery died. Of course the cars battery is located under the seat so I called around and not many places could replace it. I called a liceneced Mercedes mechanic that gave me a really high quote stating an hour and a half of labor plus the battery and we were now talking over 450 dollars. I thought that was my only option so headed that way and for whatever reason i happens to drive by Decatur Pro Auto Repair so I pulled in. They were so kind and sensitive to my time crunch and were able to do it for almost half the other place quoted and I was in and out not in an hour and a half but in about 30 minutes. Great people, fair pricing for my experience and I will be going back again.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML350
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 04:05 AM
Tiffany R. on 10/09/2017
Tiffany said they went above and beyond with their service. Her vehicle is running fine.
Vehicle: Ford Flex
Service Date: 10/02/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017
NICHOLAS K. on 10/07/2017
"Five stars"
Excellent service, fast turnaround, friendly service
Vehicle: Subaru Forester (Natl)
Service Date: 10/06/2017
Review Created: 10/07/2017 08:03 PM
Joelle D. on 10/04/2017
"Deceived"
I was lied to about the repairs needed. Told I would absolutely need $1000 in repairs, went somewhere else to find out the necessary repair was actually only $70. Completely felt taken advantage of.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/29/2017
Review Created: 10/04/2017 10:48 AM
B6d812f2e07ad7437e73a0fa01a6f40f?s=28
Steve Y. at Decatur Pro Auto Repair responded on 10/09/2017

Ms. Danz,
We are sorry that you felt deceived by our shop giving you a thorough repair essement for your car. However, we feel at the same time that you are comparing apples to oranges when another shop/person does a patch job which does not address the root cause of your problem.

Just bypassing a leaking heater core is fine if you do not need heater in the winter. However if you hook those lines back you will still have a leak inside the cabin of your car. The other recommendations of replacing radiator hoses and thermostat are needed even though they are not busted because they show signs of leak and are swollen. This is to prevent a situation where they can blow out while you are driving and cause you to be broken down somewhere.

If you feel that the price of our estimate was the basis of your complaint than I hope you understand the difference between a temporary patch and a permanent repair.

DONALD R. on 09/30/2017
"CEL diagnosed on 98 Nissan Maxima"
Explained the problem very thoroughly as to my vehicle problem.Informed me to bring it back if problem came back. Steve is a business minded individual.
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 09/30/2017 06:59 AM
Thomas R. on 09/29/2017
Thomas said Marcus did an outstanding job. He is a retired mechanic so when people are not being honest he walks away. This will be his go to place from now on.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E320
Service Date: 09/21/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017
JAMES M. on 09/28/2017
"Always nice, and honest"
Been getting oil changes here for years, initially because they were super inexpensive, but will continue to go. Ecause they always tell me anything they see going on with my vehicles, but never try to take advantage of me
Vehicle: Jeep Patriot