4.4

CT
Clinton T.
07/14/2021 Category: Service
The personnel!!!
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾Best dealership I know..hands down.

Rikki B.
Robinson, TX
2020 Hyundai Kona
07/02/2021 Category: Service
Horrible. There were 2 older gentlemen busting their asses. They deserve a raise and vacation. Meanwhile the cashier just sittin there on her phone unable to help and 2 employees in the office next door on their phones (woman and man). There were 8 ppl waiting and they couldn’t even find out cars after we were finally checked out. All the while 45 min later the other 3 lazy phone scrolling employees just sittin there. Makes y’all look lazy and incompetent Horrible customer and care (except the 2 older guys, they were so busy but maintained composure and kindness, kudos to them!)

Just to be clear I did buy a car friend Trevor later on. He was a great but the service center, that manager needs to get his/her employees in order.

Mexia, TX
2011 Hyundai Elantra
06/09/2021 Category: Service
Terrible Customer Service
I took my Hyundai Elantra in to Greg May with a list of items needing service/repair. One item was a recall, which I specifically let the Service department know in advance when I scheduled my appointment. When I picked up my vehicle there was no mention of the recall on my bill; and when I asked about it, they only said they didn't have parts (which they should have let me know when I made my appointment). Another item needing repair was a tire pressure sensor which they also did not address or fix or mention. They did call me while the vehicle was on the blocks to ask if I wanted new brakes installed, to which I gave the go ahead. They then did not install these (and my bill says I "declined" this service recommendation; a sticker they put in my widow says my brakes are "green" when I know that they are in need of repair). Lastly, I had a new set of tires put on. Driving home, the steering wheel was like a jackhammer. When I took vehicle in to another service station to fix the tire balance issue, I was informed that the tires had been installed improperly.

When I picked up my vehicle and discovered all the work they failed to complete, the service rep at the desk never apologized or offered to help in any way. Instead, he only said: "new people here need training." This is not only a customer service fail at all levels, but the tire installation issue was also a safety hazard. When I dropped my vehicle off, I did poke my head in the showroom to look at a new model. Needless to say, I will never return for service nor will I ever buy a car from Greg May.

MA
Melissa A.
Elm Mott, TX
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/22/2021 Category: Service
Customer Service
Customer service in service department and parts are average. Sat at parts window while people walked past me for ten minutes without help. Asked if parts person could be paged, no one would page or call him. After being sent there by service advisor to check on part, finally going back a second time to talk to parts gentleman was the. told service advisor needed to take care of it. Not the best- felt like service advisor could have taken care of this from the beginning.
Matt M., General Manager from Greg May Hyundai responded on 06/09/2021

WE ARE VERY SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR ISSUE,  WOULD YOU PLEASE TEXT THE MANAGER AT 254-784-8707 SO WE CAN LOOK INTO YOUR ISSUE?

Terri S.
05/19/2021
Poor customer service, by on particular employee, in the service department.
I took my car in for an AC issue. I was called and told my car was ready and was told it was low on Freon. I had questions because I believe it’s another issue besides the Freon and was told no, that was it. I asked the employee to possibly mention it to the mechanic but he repeatedly said it was the Freon but I might have to bring it back, if that was not the problem????? Went to pick up the car and this same person waited on me. He didn’t not speak when I came in, only to say how much I owed. I paid, he gave me the keys, with no thank you or anything, and I walked out the door not even knowing where my car was parked.
Matt M., General Manager from Greg May Hyundai responded on 06/09/2021

NP
Namyong P.
Mc Kinney, TX
05/25/2021
Satisfied with customer service
It was difficult to communicate with the service department. However, Rachel took care of this problem and resolved my dissatisfaction. Also, after repairing my Sonata here, I am satisfied that there is no problem with the car.

05/11/2021
Difficulty in communication
In February 1st, my Sonata engine stopped on Highway 35 near Waco. I towed the Sonata to Greg May Hyundai dealership in Waco. It was concluded that the Sonata engine was defective, and it took almost two months to replace it. It took a month to determine that the engine was defective, but Greg May Hyundai didn't offer me a rental car during the time. When I took over my car after repairing it in March 26, I discovered that they had broken my windshield. I made a claim for that to the service manager, and he said he would pay if I replaced the windshield. In April I replaced the windshield and sent an invoice to the service manager by an email and called him to talk about that. He said he would send me a check. But I haven't yet received the check until now. I called to Greg May Hyundai again and found out that the service manager had quit. I spoke to another employee about the windshield and he said he didn't know and he couldn't pay for it. Communicating with Greg May Hyundai for car repairs from February until now was like a nightmare for me.
TF
tuckder f. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 05/25/2021

Im sending you and updated survey. Thankyou!

Mc Gregor, TX
2020 Hyundai Tucson
05/10/2021 Category: Service
Could have been better
Scheduled an appointment to fix my car for the parts not to be in when they knew I was coming in. Just a little frustrating since I have very limited free time to bring my car into the shop. The staff was nice and everything else was fine.

SL
Susana L.
05/05/2021
Low-grade service
I made an appointment over the phone regarding a recall letter I received in the mail, urging me to make a service appointment with Hyundai. On May 4th, 2021 I entered the service center only to NOT be greeted by anyone (and two service people were directly in front of me and looked up at me). I had to say Goodmorning myself and explain I had an appointment. The boy never bothered to look up at me and just continued to look up my last name. He told me he would go get my VIN number, to which I responded, "I have it on my phone here if you'd like". He said, "oh". I handed him my phone and he got the VIN number. He then just handed it back to me. He did not say thank you. I thought, "wow, no manners". He continued to mess with his computer when a salesman came in asking for a customer's keys to his vehicle. The boy said he'd already given them to him and proceeded to criticize the customer regarding his concerns. I thought, "wow, uncalled for and so unprofessional. The boy then asked me, "who told you to come in? This recall has a part on backorder and we've got nothing until June" in a very smug, condescending tone. I instantly felt pushed aside, not taken care of, and I asked what is there to do? Do I get to put my vehicle on a waiting list? Will no one look at my vehicle? I also let him know about a transmission recall, so I need my car looked at. He said there was nothing about a transmission recall and nothing to do, no part available until June and there are lots of people with the same issue. The whole time he was responding with the same ugly attitude, uninterested in my situation, and simply wanting me to leave. I told him that the whole interaction had been very negative and I wanted to start the conversation over. He instantly got defensive and raised his voice saying, "What?! what did I do?!" I told him how rude he was with bad customer service and no regard for me. I asked for more details on the recall, proof that my vehicle will be put on the list for the part, and he was rude responding with, "what do you want me to do? there is nothing to give you! I said who is the manager here? He laughingly said, "I am". I responded puzzled that this person in front of me, with this low-grade customer service, a smug look on his face, no empathy for my situation, and yelling at me that his daddy owns this dealership! This person named Sam (who was also not wearing a nametag. I had to ask someone else for his name) is an embarrassment to this establishment. He has no integrity, no empathy for a woman and her 4-month-old son. He made me, as a customer feel disrespected, to say the least! He has no idea that the car business is a people business and he clearly is in the wrong place. His entitlement, unprofessionalism, condescending and childish behavior will destroy a business.
I left feeling disappointed and disrespected. I still do not know if he really put my vehicle on the list to get serviced and the only gentlemen to assist me, at all, was Ronny Owens. I commend him for taking it on himself to test drive my car. No reason a salesman had to step in. Management at this place is low-grade. it has been two days since this horrible experience and I never received a call or email from the dealer manager or parts/service manager.

J l.
05/05/2021
poor service on new Sonata
Service Dept. told me one price and later changed price to an increase over over 100%; argued with me regarding cause of issue, lack of communication and poor attitude.

TW
Tiffany W.
Groesbeck, TX
04/29/2021
My husband bought a car from them and it broke down before 30 days
My husband bought a 2017 Ford Focus and it started messing up. We called them and they couldn’t find my warranty at first. So I had to call EVERYWHERE and finally got some one to come tow it to them. Well service never calls me I have to call them. They told me there was nothing wrong with the car it was driving good. I guess I was imagining the the car wouldn’t accelerate it was not going at all!! Well now after over a week that they had the car by the way they didn’t even get me into a loaner so I had to beg for rides!! Well the service manager told us the transmission was going out and wouldn’t replace it till it’s out!!! It doesn’t ride smooth at all and it’s scary the want me to put my kids in a car like this. Very unhappy here. Allen Samuels is a great car dealership and I regret leaving them and coming here. Stay away from this place. Also the General Manager comes out to sell the car to us and gives us his word this is a great car and stands behind his word. He never even acknowledges us when we are wanting help

Linda S.
Moody, TX
2021 Hyundai Elantra
04/28/2021 Category: Service
No rescore
They did not resolve anything with me, just as much as called me a lair.

04/27/2021 Category: Service
Front camera
Told me that it worked, but had to be going less than 4 mph for the front carera to work. The first one worked than it quit, told me it shorted out and they ordered new one. That one never did work, service manage told me it did work, but had to be in cruise control at less than 4 mph, book says you can not even set cruise control till you are going at least 20 mph.
Matt M., General Manager from Greg May Hyundai responded on 04/27/2021

Hello,

I would like to discuss the issue with you, could you please give me a call or text? We will get this straightened out.

RANDY R. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 04/28/2021

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  Your car is simply not equipped with a camera that allows you to view what is in front of your car.  Your front camera is there only to judge the distance of the car in front of you so that your car can keep the appropriate distance from the car in front of you based on whether you choose one or four car length distance when using cruise control. When I mentioned 4 mph I was referring to the rear view camera that stops working at 4mph.  We fixed the issue with the plastic cover around the camera and in order to do so we had to replace the camera because the bracket was broken but again that camera is not there so you can see what's in front of you it only operates your smart cruise control.  I'm sorry if that wasn't explained to you when you purchased the car but it is the simple truth.

Matt M., General Manager from Greg May Hyundai responded on 04/28/2021

Thanks you for coming in today and allowing us to review your vehicle's options with you again. The fact of the matter remains your vehicle is not equipped with a front facing camera.  Further,  a front facing camera is not even an option from the factory so there is absolutley no way possible you have ever seen a camera immage of the front view of your vehicle.  We even showed you other vehicles just like yours and produced numerous publications from Hyundai to prove there is no front camera on ANY Elantra SE.

While we regret this incident, we respectuflly request that you revice your review to reflect we have gone above and beyond to explain the camera situation and remove any negative comment.

WT
Willie T.
2021 Hyundai Tucson
04/27/2021 Category: Service
VERY KIND AND VERY PROFESSIONAL.
My husband and I experience with Greg may Hyundai they are very kind, Very Professional, Very helpful and Very knowledgeable. Thank You Greg May Hyundai

Courtney B.
2020 Hyundai Kona
04/24/2021 Category: Service
Melissa got us in & out super fast. She was very professional & polite! Everyone at the Hyundai place was very nice and helpful

FM
Faye M.
Donie, TX
2021 Hyundai Tucson
04/22/2021 Category: Service
Well run service department
Easy in and out for scheduled maintenance

KW
Kathleen W.
04/26/2021 Category: Service
Customer satisfaction matters
I have always taken my Sonata to the dealership to have it serviced. The service department employees have always been kind and courteous, this time was no different. I did have some concerns arise with this appointment, however, after bringing up my concerns they were listened to and addressed without complication. It is obvious that customer satisfaction is important as they are very willing to go above and beyond.

04/10/2021 Category: Service
Nightmare experience
Poor communication and length of time to complete repair. It took almost 4 weeks to get the part to complete repair (gasket). It took 2 weeks to get a loaner and then once they received the gasket, they informed me that my battery was no good. If a “multipoint” inspection was completed initially why wasn’t it discovered then. Very disappointed by the whole experience. I have taken my 2015 Sonata limited here since purchasing it and have never had a problem. This experience was a nightmare
RANDY R. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 04/17/2021

My apologies to you about your experience with us. I have attempted to contact you by telephone but have not been successful.  I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in person.  Please call 254-420-2366 so we can talk.  Thanks Randy Riggins Service Director.

Matt M., General Manager from Greg May Hyundai responded on 04/23/2021

Hello,

My name is Matthew Murrey, I am the General Manager of Greg May Hyundai.  I would like to visit with you regarding your service experience with our dealership.  Would you please give me a call when you have a moment?  I look forward to speaking with you.  You are also welcomed to text me at the number below if that woudl be easier.

Thank you!