Keith's Automotive Service Center

Armida B.
Long Beach, CA
10/03/2019
Bad business
I was recommended by AAA. Keith looks like if he on drugs, didn't give me no information and to check my car to see what is wrong was 197.00. Which my car was there for 30min and I told his drugs looking ass to dont touch my car. Keith his drugs ass charger me 197.00, just to tell me what I had told him what I thought was wrong with my own car. He his a RIP off and I also report his drugs ass to AAA. Looking like Donald Trump. I hope your drugs ass response to my post. You are a liar and a cheater and hungry for money. God dont like ugly, u low life drugs ass. Bad business...fuck you.

J W.
Lomita, CA
08/15/2018
Wow Keith's employee's must be required to write reviews for him!
Where do I start... I had my vehicle towed in because it was not starting properly...turns out it was a sensor, my friend decided for my b-day he would go ahead a put new tires, have it aligned, fix the oil leak, change all fluids, fix a/c, etc.... Total cost....sit down....just shy of 9,000.00 ( yes NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS!) and guess what- still have that oil leak! Plus after the initial "repairs" I had to have it towed back to them the next day because I had trans fluid POURING out of my vehicle, they charged us ANOTHER Six hundred and some dollars claiming that they did not see a problem the first time, come on- I had NO TRANS FLUID OR POWER STEERING FLUID!!! I GUESS THEY DON'T CHECK FLUID LEVELS AFTER DOING REPAIRS ??? KEITH WILL PROB RESPOND WITH " YOU AUTHORIZED IT" (his standard answer!) All in all, they OVERCHARGE, POOR WORK!
JIMMY IS NICE. BUT 9,000.00????
AAA IS CHECKING INTO IT- NOT HIS 1ST COMPLAINT!
kEITH from Keith's Automotive Service Center responded on 09/10/2018

Hello, we have no record of this person, vehicle or service on or around that service date. this has NOT been verified with any repair order connected to it. Please identify yourself and/or vehicle with a repair order or invoice number. based on that this is a bogus post.

J W.
Lomita, CA
08/15/2018
Wow Keith's employee's must be required to write reviews for him!
JIMMY IS NICE. BUT 9,000.00????
AAA IS CHECKING INTO IT- NOT HIS 1ST COMPLAINT!
kEITH from Keith's Automotive Service Center responded on 09/10/2018

Hello, we have no record of this person, vehicle or service on or around that service date. this has NOT been verified with any repair order connected to it. Please identify yourself and/or vehicle with a repair order or invoice number. Based on that this is a bogus post.

CP
Christopher P.
San Bernardino, CA
01/04/2017
Not happy with service
I waited 7.5 hours when i was advised it would only take 3 hours.

EK
Ed K.
Torrance, CA
Ford Econoline
08/29/2016
Some price gouging and no discount on re-inspection if any portion failed.
Did a through job of what was needed to get brake and light certificates. But wanted a very high cost to do the brake service and fluid exchange. I got it done for less than half price elsewhere. Also the same on my lamp I was able to fix in less than half of Keiths estimate for lamp certificate. Would change me the same $ 120.00 for re-inspection. I got it done for much less.

TW
Trenece W.
Bellflower, CA
08/19/2016
Oil Change gone Weird???
The guy who was at the desk was very friendly and nice. But with just getting a oil change my radio only has 3 FM stations when I try and change it it goes to AM. And now when I start my car it acts like it doesn't want to start. This has never happened to me before over just an oil change. I called back and the guy said I could bring it back but I'm a little nervous to do that. So for that reason I would not recommend or go back. It was just so weird.

OR
Oro R.
Inglewood, CA
Volkswagen Vanagon
08/18/2016
Never again
Paid 126.00 bucks so you can tell me what i told you was wrong with vehicle. When picking van up , i asked for you to at least lube the shifter assembly and the front office guy states he has to ask kieth the owner if he may.. nothing , i mean nothing was done to the vehicle and i get charged a one dollar disposal fee... no problem California B.A. herei come

FK
Felix K.
Los Angeles, CA
12/24/2014
Con Artist
Did not diagnose my car's problem properly. Did not repair my car properly. Nearly died after driving my car out of the shop for 17 miles. Don't go here. The YELP reviews do a good job describing this place. I should have listened to YELP instead of trusting Triple A.

FK
Felix K.
Los Angeles, CA
11/23/2014
Nearly Died
I spent nearly $1,200 and nothing was fixed. I experienced the same problems. Only this time, I experienced them on the highway. My car started shaking, my steering wheel didn't move smoothly; and when I stepped down on the accelerator, my car didn't move. I stopped in the middle of the highway. Thank God, there was a fork onto which I was able to move my car. Maybe this review was a bit much. But I really nearly died with my girlfriend. I'm hoping when they make the repairs their second time around, they'll actually fix everything.

AG
Art G.
Bellflower, CA
Nissan Maxima
07/09/2014
I was charged hundreds of dollars to evaluate, with no work done.
My 1st experience with Keith's Automotive was good and I took 2 more of my cars there. You rating should be half a Star, but I couldn't do that.
This last time, I spent more money on evaluations than getting the car fixed.
I asked for a brake job on the rear wheels. They evaluated it for$55 and told me I needed a brake job, no kidding!! I was charged $22 X 2 for brake cleaner. Why, I wanted a brake job, not for them to be cleaned. I was told it would cost $169.00 per wheel plus the cost of new drums. I found a place in San Pedro that evaluated, replaced and repaired, no new drums required, for $120.00 total.
I asked for my A/C to be recharged. It was evaluated for $155.00 and said the condenser was bad. The same place in San Pedro evaluated & found that the unit was wired in reverse and it was corrected and recharged for $116.00.
I think I was ripped-off and recommend to all, Gaffey Smog & Auto Repair instead!!!!!!!!
You thought I was an idiot and didn't know my prices!

YF
Yumel F.
01/15/2014 Category: Service
Yumel said they overcharged him. He would not recommend this business to others, but he chose not to elaborate further.
Keith P. from Keith's Automotive Service Center responded on 01/16/2014

Customer was out shopping for tires, customer came into our business where we presented him with several estimates for tires, customer agreed to a cost of estimate for services, customer came in the next day to have the services performed as agreed upon, service were performed as agreed, cost of services did not change. Sounds like customer did further tire pricing after the fact. yes you call ever tire shop under the sun and and always get a better price. Customer did not bother to mention that the vehicle was a 40' huge motor home with commercial tires.

BC
Blake C.
Cypress, CA
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
03/10/2016
Way Overpriced
Charged $165 for a diagnostic report that took a little over an hour ($120 an hour?!) Then I was quoted $900+ for a job. Called my main mechanic and he quoted $400 for the same servicing, so I had my car towed to my mechanic and had to skip school to show up at my mechanic to pay the tow fee, and explain the situation. Not sure how Keith's set their pricing, but it's laughably rediculous. Only redeeming quality was that the Keith's mechanic I spoke to was cooperative.

AA
Abbas A.
Anaheim, CA
Honda Accord
05/13/2015
Brake & Light Inspection
Went into Keiths on Monday, May 11 as no other Auto Shop in the Torrance area was a CA Certified Brake & Light Inspection location. Prices on the Board stated $55 for Brake Inspection, $55 for Light Adjustment, $35 for Light Inspection and $3.50 for each Certificate. However when I asked Keith that I only needed the Brake Inspection for $55 and Light Inspection for $35, he stated no you need a Light Adjustment for $55. I asked why and he proceeded to advise me that the Light Inspection is only for CHP/DMV write offs, etc...which doesn't make sense because they only inspected my lights and did not adjust any lights. This was unfair in my opinion!

After the inspection was completed, I asked Keith if my headlights were adjusted and he stated yes however they were not because I knew the right headlight pointed down compared to the left headlight before taking it in. The right headlight still points lower than the left head headlight even though they claimed to have adjusted the light. The brake fluid apparently had 4% water when I personally changed the the Brake Fluid on Sunday, May 10, a day before taking it into Keiths. He wanted to charge me $15 to replace a Light Bulb on my Trunk Light and $140 for a brake fluid flush/drain and refill. No Thanks! Did this myself and went in the next day, Tuesday, May 12 and the car magically passed. Cost me another $30 for them to use a Testing Strip and Dip it in my Brake Fluid. Total $110 for Inspections + $30 Re-inspection for Brake Fluid and $7 for both Certificates.

I would have given 5 Stars if they would have performed everything as promised. $20 doesn't make or brake my bank and I am sure for Keith as well but integrity goes a long way. I expected all services to be performed as stated and paid for. Not sure if I'll go back again for my needs.

2 Stars because the Mechanic, Tom was very professional or else this would've been a 1 Star rating.
Keith P. from Keith's Automotive Service Center responded on 05/26/2015

Once we saw this review we contacted the customer to resolve this matter, when called by telephone he indicated he was in metting and he would call us back but never did so.

This customer was required by the DMV to get a Cal. State Brake & Lamp inspection, at a state licensed facility. This is a forced issue by the DMV so no one is very happy about paying for this inspection.

As i explained to the customer, the pricing he is referring to is a State Brake & Lamp inspection, where the cost of each inspection is $55.00 plus $3.50 per certificate if it passes. The lamp inspection includes aming the head lamps with a state approved optical aimer, this is required and is always performed, which of course we did. The pricing of $35.00 what the customer is referring to is to inspect an infraction by a peace officer for a vehicle code(s) "LAMP" violation, which does NOT include aiming the head lamps, just checking the corrected vehicle code violation, issue a certificate and signing off the ticket. I am sorry this customer did not understand this.

Yes the customer asked if the head lamps were aimed which i responed yes they were, it is part of the process and must be done. If the customer still had an issue with the head lamps we would be more than willing to re aim them. We never heard back from this customer with any issues with the head lamps once he returned the next day or thereafter.

Among other things, the state requiers us to test the brake fluid with a state approved testing kit. The brake fluild failed when tested and did not pass due to high mosture content. The customer stated he changed the brake fluid, that does not normally remove the contaminates if not done correctly, the system needs to be flushed with a high vacuum flush machine and i don't believe he had the proper equipment or knowledge on how this process is done.

Yes of course if any repairs were made there would be a charge for this, the customer has the option to have us make any repairs or have the repairs done else where, then return to have the vehicle re inspected, and if passes the certificates are issued.
We normally do not do work for free as it sounds like he is upset that charges would apply.

It sounds like the repairs that we indicated were valid, due to once the vehicle returned, it passed. There was no "magic" involved as this customer indicated.

If this customer has an issue and believes all services were not performed as stated in writting, i recommend he contact the Bureau of Automotive Repair, state of california and file a complaint, because he is accussing us of a serious violation which we would welcome an investigation of his claims to clear up this matter.

We apologize for any confusion .

MA
Maria A.
CA
Isuzu Trooper
01/13/2014 Category: Service
Maria said she is very unhappy with the fact that they tried to overcharge her for a part. They tried to make it like they could only get a new part and it was going to cost $880 but she did her own home work. She found the rebuilt part for under $200. She will not recommend this business to anyone for the reasons mentioned. Her locks are not working now so she is going to bring her vehicle back in as soon as she gets a chance. When she uses her key, she can only unlock one door at a time and cannot open them manually either.
Keith P. from Keith's Automotive Service Center responded on 01/16/2014

Customer statements are incorrect, We recommeded, and customer was given the option to purchase a new OE Alternator that has a customer retail cost of $792.00 where we offered to sell it to her for $448.00 due to the fact that there were no remanufactured part(s) availible, customer declined. We then offered, which we do not normally recommend, to send out her old part for sublet overhaul to again save on cost, that cost was $284.00 which she agreed to. Customer states that she found this parts for under $200? We purchase parts from several different venders and non had any rebuilt alternators for this vehicle that is why it was offered either OE new or sublet rebuilt the vehicles alternator. Customers complaint about the vehicles door locks are not valid, we did not perform any services or repairs to the door lock system, customer has not contacted us regarding this issue, vehicle was brought in to us for a charging system problem only.

Mike D.
Torrance, CA
03/15/2017
vehicle repairs
Shop & staff courteous, cost for repairs even with aaa discount always to high!