Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Jim C. on 01/15/2018
Jim said he started dealing with Marv years and years ago. The business always does a good job. He stated they don't always fix everything he would like them to, because they like to save him money. He will bring the vehicle back in, when the vehicle needs more service.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 01/12/2018
Review Created: 01/15/2018
Stan R. on 01/12/2018
"2016 High Roof Sprinter V6 Turbo Diesel"
No problem fitting my tall van in the shop for it’s first service. Everything went smooth. Rick even had the guys hose off the road salt which had coated the van. I always leave Marv and Mike’s a happy man.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Crew Vans
Service Date: 01/11/2018
Review Created: 01/12/2018 11:08 PM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 01/15/2018

As always Stan, we appreciate your years of loyality and look forward to seeing you again. I am glad you are happy!

Hank G. on 01/04/2018
"A Van Named Lazarus..."
My 2004 Honda Odyssey (a 14 year old van) was sputtering—who needs a Christmas tree when your dashboard warning lights are so festive? My neighbors kept telling me to take it to Marv and Mike’s, but I thought the sight of peeling paint and a taped on bumper might inspire them to laugh and shake their heads—who would even look at this old war horse? Well, these incredible folks carefully analyzed every warning light and maintenance code, came up with a long list of complex repairs to bring my van back to life, AND an affordable estimate to complete all the work within 24 hours. I can’t say enough great things about these folks. If they could resurrect my rattletrap—I can’t think of a thing that they can’t do. And no one snickered when I drove in—these are just good, helpful, people!
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 01/04/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 08:34 PM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 01/05/2018

Thank You so much for your kind words, and I am happy that you are happy. It's always nice when someone takes the time to respond with a positive experience about our work. We all work very hard every day to be able to provide the best car care service in the industry. Many thanks.

Joan B. on 01/04/2018
"Awesome!"
Great job, as usual! My engine feels so silky when I drive it, and it sounds nice when idling. My old Nissan keeps feeling better and better every time I bring it to Marv & Mike's. Plus! Thanks for the quick rinse on the outside of my car. You have no idea how difficult it's been to find spare time to do that myself. Love the nice personal touches. Love Marv & Mike's! Thank you!!!
Vehicle: Nissan 240SX
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 12:53 PM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 01/05/2018

LoL !!  Your too kind. I actually tried to give your car a quick wash before you picked it up however it was sooooooo cold outside the water was literally freezing on your car before I could get it off, Looked like a big ice cube when I finished LOL !!!! Thank You.

Margaret D. on 01/04/2018
"Always great"
I’m fortunate to live near the shop, but it is worth a trip to get your car or truck serviced here. They have always treated me well, have never tried to up-sell me on work or repairs, offer honest and informative opinions, and have even fit me in when I’ve had sudden emergencies. Great people doing great work.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 03:10 AM

Joe G. on 12/31/2017
"good efficient service --my car was done promptly and well"
good and efficient service--car was fix promptly and well
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 12/28/2017
Review Created: 12/31/2017 11:22 AM

Stewart R. on 12/30/2017
"Excellent"
Other reviews were accurate; work done well, everything explained, reasonable cost. Provided valuable second opinion on needs, work done timely, and most importantly, everything honest and above board. Will use again.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 12/28/2017
Review Created: 12/30/2017 08:49 AM

Veronica K. on 12/27/2017
"Trust God"
My life is dependent completely on God. I trusted Him to direct me to the right repair shop. I am not from Maryland and as usual I was very comfortable with His decision!
Vehicle: GMC Terrain
Service Date: 12/21/2017
Review Created: 12/27/2017 05:43 PM

Sato M. on 12/27/2017
Sato said the business is very patient with his father. They fix what they say they're going to fix. Rick added title and registration business, with as little hassle as possible. He stated he highly appreciates that, because he didn't have to wait to get this service done in another location. He has already recommended them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 12/21/2017
Review Created: 12/27/2017
Minardo M. on 12/19/2017
Minardo said he always uses this business for service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 12/13/2017
Review Created: 12/19/2017

Jeanne P. on 12/15/2017
Jeanne said her vehicle is making a new noise that she did not hear before she got the repairs done. She is going to take her vehicle back to the business so the staff can look at it.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 12/11/2017
Review Created: 12/15/2017
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 12/29/2017

We will be more then happy to take a look.

Peter K. on 11/30/2017
"Efficient service. Good value. "
Feels like I get a professional job for a reasonable price.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 11/29/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017 08:10 PM

Jordan U. on 11/30/2017
Jordan said this business was reliable and he loves them.
Vehicle: Honda Civic Si
Service Date: 11/28/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017

Diana W. on 11/30/2017
Diana said this business was wonderful and did a great job.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 330
Service Date: 11/29/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017

Aurelius (Rex) G. on 11/21/2017
"Great Integrity, Great Service- Highly Recommended!"
We've been taking our cars to Marv & Mike's for many years. Rick and his staff always do a great job diagnosing and repairing most any auto problems you could imagine. Their communication is great, timely and honest. They simply fix what is needed and perform necessary preventive maintenance. In further great news, they never push whatsoever to sell you expensive services for problems that aren't there. Sadly, I've had this experience multiple times with other repair facilities. For example, this past July, while I was driving my car out of town on business, one shop in rural Virginia said I desperately needed wheel bearings and offered to replace them if I could leave the car with them for a couple of days. However, I had to drive home that evening and planned to make an appointment with Marv and Mike's at a future date. Finally, this month, I took my vehicle over to Marv & Mike's. Rick and several of his staff took the time and care to perform detailed inspections of my Ford Escape SUV and took turns taking multiple test drives. They determined that the even noise at higher speeds was from uneven wear in the Escape's knobby tires and not the wheel bearings. Their experience, knowledge and integrity saved me much money and hassle. To cut the noise down and keep the vehicle safe, they rotated the wheels and performed some much-needed deferred suspension work. As per my request, they also replaced the driver's seat belt fastener which quieted the ever-blaring false alarm. Finally they replaced the valve cover gasket which had been getting oil all over my engine compartment for at least the past year. As usual, Kelly and Rick went the extra mile to keep all communication open and they gave me a full report before commencing any repairs. Now my Escape drives smoother than ever and feels like new! Most of all, I am thankful that it is safe to drive. I'd trust these good people with any repair imaginable. They are passionate about doing great work. I look forward to working with Marv & Mike's again in the future and wish Rick and his staff all the best!
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 11/17/2017
Review Created: 11/21/2017 04:05 PM
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2017

Your kind words are much appreciated, and as always I will share this with my staff. You are right, we are passionate about the job that we do and we want our customers to be perfectly satisfied and we take it personally if some one is not. This is a very compettitive business and I learned many years a go that all the money that you spend on advertisement to promote your business does not mean a thing if you do not have that customer as a return customer. Our business continues to grow as more and more people become educated in the car repair business and recognize the need for quality work and professionally trained technicians to be able to work on todays complex vehicles. As you can imagine I hear so many stories from folks about the bad experience they encountered at the hands of chain store repair shops and car dealerships, it really dosen't take much to win them over. Right now we have a vehicle in our shop where the customer had the misfortune of trusting the wrong shop to fix their car. Several hundred dollars later and the car is not fixed properly yet after multiple attempts. We accepted the car for repair, performed a detailed diagnosis of the repair, and fixed the car to the customers satisfaction. This is what we do and will continue to do now and into the future. Once again Rex, thank you for the great review!

Rocio T. on 11/20/2017
Rocio said her check engine light turned back on so she needs to take it back in again. However, the technician told her that it may not be the ultimate fix. They didn't accommodate her and she needs to wait over the weekend.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat Sedan
Service Date: 11/15/2017
Review Created: 11/20/2017
Rick W. at Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2017

We attempted to follow up with you on the additional repairs. It did take us a couple of days to get all the information sources pulled together that we need to move to the next step. Your vehicle has a problem that Volkswagon is aware of and has a fix for. Please give us a call, will be glad to discuss this with you.

Don Z. on 11/16/2017
Don said the manager was honest. The business had competent and professional technicians. They did not try to do things that were unnecessary to his vehicle. They told him what they were going to do and how much it was going to cost him. They were fair, courteous, respectful, and responsive. He trusts them.
Vehicle: Honda Crosstour
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Review Created: 11/16/2017

Leonard (Spike) B. on 11/15/2017
"Always courteous and exceptional service"
I only have one car, so I must get it in and out in a timely fashion. Kelly did that for me.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 11/14/2017
Review Created: 11/15/2017 02:17 PM
Jim O. on 11/15/2017
"Real professionals. "
I've had major repairs done to 4 different vehicles over the past few years. Maintenance work as well. Always professional, timely, honest and fair. They also have their own towing, making things even more convenient. I usually speak with Rick. He takes more than enough time to explain things and he really knows his stuff. 5 stars!
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 11/14/2017
Review Created: 11/15/2017 04:30 AM
Paul S. on 11/15/2017
Paul said their service is always good.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander