Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Kelly M.
Honda Civic Si
02/05/2019
Accurate estimates and quality work
My family has used Marv & Mike's for decades. The estimates are accurate. The work is done properly the first time and for a fair price. They provide thorough explanations of issues and their solutions as well as honest, direct answers to any questions you have. I will certainly continue to use Marv & Mike's.

AG
Aurelius (Rex) G.
Kensington, MD
Mazda CX-7
01/30/2019
Great Honest Service!
My wife's Mazda CX7 developed an alarming thumping sound coming from the front wheels when she took it up to highway speeds. It turned out to be a potentially dangerous situation. Rick took great care to explain the problem clearly. The parts and labor costs to replace the failing CV joint/axle shaft were completely reasonable. Marv & Mike's road tested the car before and after the repairs and made sure that everything was in order when the work was completed. Now, the car feels absolutely solid on the road. I'm very happy that my wife is once again safe when she drives. Cheers to all at Marv & Mikes!

Shawn S.
01/26/2019 Category: Service
Shawn said he was very satisfied with the service. The employees were very respectful and left his keys in his vehicle so he could pick it up and have it for the weekend. He appreciated that.

Margaret D.
01/25/2019
Always a pleasure
I’ve been a customer for years, now bringing my third car for necessary work. I really appreciate the attention to detail and recommendations that include things which must be done now as well as things that can be put off to the next visit.

Christine S.
01/19/2019 Category: Service
Christine said they are middle of the road. They do good work with knowledgeable mechanics, however, the previous visit 5 years ago was a very bad experience. At that time, the business did unauthorized work. This time, the vehicle was completed with no call to let her know when it was done, as was promised. She went in to the office and no one was there for at least 10 or 15 minutes. She stated Rick, the owner, came out and seemed agitated to see her. She became disillusioned at this time, because he ignored her at 1st and instead went on and on with his phone call. She stated Rick showed no appreciation of the too steep, expensive work they did for her, last time or this one.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 01/23/2019

Thank you for your candid response, however your response requires a little clarification of fact. You were told several times that when the vehicle was completed that we would call you and let you know when it was ready for pick up. You took it upon your self to show up with out every receiving a call from us to let you know that the car was done and it was not done or we would have called just like we said we would. You showed up un announced during our receptionist lunch break. So yes because you rushed us to complete the job when it really wasen't done yet and you showed up
during our receptionist lunch break I am sure you did have to wait a short amount of time for me to become available to provide some assistance. You are not our only customer, all off our customers are important to us and we want to do the best job that we can for everyone, when you came in I was in the middle of dealing with another customers problem as well as fighting a deadline to get parts ordered for that customers vehicle so that we could get that customers car back to them as they need their car just like you do. I am sorry that you took me trying to concentrate and not forget what I was trying to do as a sign of disillusion? You made yourself a priority whether I was prepared to deal with you or not and as soon as I was able to help you I did. As for the "too steep price" what we charged for this job was industry standard for the scope of the job so I am not sure what formula you are using to determine how much the job should have cost? Maybe in the future you might want to try to be a little more understanding towards others and a little less of a critic?

Ted M.

Kathy R.
Chevy Chase, MD
01/12/2019
Deserve 10 stars
My 11 year old van stranded me 30 miles from home when I was on my way to pick up a family member at the airport. My disabled husband and his wheel chair was in the car. I called Uber who picked us up on the side of the road (195 by
BWI airport) and AAA towed my car to the nearest repair shop. I called Marve and Mike the next day. They have worked on my van for many years and had recently performed maintenance on the van. Rick towed my car from the AAA repair shop to Marve and Mike without cost to me and after close inspection determined very small holes caused by metal fatigue that only leaked transmission fluid when the car was driven at a higher speed which it was on the way to the airport. He repaired the leaks at a cost significantly lower than I expected from the AAA repair shop.

AF
Avi F.
01/12/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Mara. She said they are always satisfied with this business and recommend it all the time.

Debra (Debbie) B.
01/02/2019
Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair
We have been going to M&M's for many years and have been very happy with their honesty, integrity and outstanding service.
Marv & Mike's new building is a very nice upgrade is very comfortable if you are waiting for you vehicle.
Rick and Kelly are helpful and professional.

RK
Roger K.
12/29/2018
Oil change And tire rotation
Very professional as usual very friendly honest will definitely be coming back

Debra C.
12/27/2018
Can be trusted
We have been going to Marv & Mikes for years and can count on their team to be honest about their assessment of the problem with a vehicle and reasonable in their repair costs.

Ben M.
Toyota Matrix
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Ben said that the place's staff was friendly, nice and did just what they said they'd do.

GS
Gene S.
Chrysler Sebring
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Gene said the business was efficient and the repairs were done in a timely manner.

Jesse M.
12/17/2018
Stellar Work.
I can’t thank you enough the work and due diligence that you all do to keep my 2006 Ford Focus running.

My car has been thru a lot these past 11 years and you guys are still able to do proper modifications that are needed to be able to drive my car from point A to point B. Thank you again for your STELLAR WORK.

Todd M.
Potomac, MD
12/10/2018
Great experience!
My experience at Marv and Mikes went exactly as it should. I made an appointment, they quickly replaced the parts and made repairs and the car was ready as scheduled. Fair prices and honesty always wins. More places should follow this simple business strategy. I’ll be back for years to come.

RK

William L.
Fairbanks, AK
GMC Envoy
11/24/2018 Category: Service
William said when his vehicle was towed into the business for repairs, it was returned back to him with broken things in his vehicle, that weren't broken before. There were things not working properly, like the water heater. He stated he is going to notify his insurance and he will not recommend the business.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 11/28/2018

You are correct in the fact that the vehicle was towed into our facility. I have no knowledge as to who may have been working on this car in the past or what was working or not working in your vehicle. We looked at this vehicle for a specific repair that was related to the transmission shift cable on your car and a check engine light repair that was noted on your original estimate of repairs. We never did any work or diagnosis related to the heating system in your car, therefore I can not confirm or deny that the heater system was working or not. The work that we did perform was done properly and was repaired in accordance with the estimate of repairs that the car was brought to us for. I sympathize with your conern however I don't feel like this really has anything to do with why you had the car towed into us in the first place. I would be more then glad to look into this for you should you decide to bring the vehicle back, but replacing a transmission shift cable does not cause a heating system in a car not to work?

TN
Titi N.
INFINITI G25 Sedan
11/15/2018
Quick and Professional
I've been going to Marv & Mike's for about two years now and I have never had any complaints about anything. They are very professional about everything and Rick is always happy to answer any and all of my questions.

Duffy W.
Gaithersburg, MD
11/10/2018 Category: Service
Duffy said they did a perfect job. Everything went fine. It was easy to work with them in dropping off his vehicle, and their prices were excellent.

Lexus LS 430