Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Duffy W.
Gaithersburg, MD
11/10/2018 Category: Service
Duffy said they did a perfect job. Everything went fine. It was easy to work with them in dropping off his vehicle, and their prices were excellent.

Lexus LS 430

Washington, DC
Nissan Xterra
11/07/2018
Competent service.
The new waiting area feels like a dealership so I was looking for the coffee and doughnuts. But instead I just got efficient service for my car.

GM
George M.
11/02/2018
Winterizing Impala
Again thanks Marv and Mike's shop for taking care of my 10 years old Chevy in an outstanding manner. Thanks to Rick and the persons who prepared the car for winter and also Kelly who keeps the records each visit in order that I can pretty much ascertain what will be needed to keep a decade old car in tip-top shape.

Thanks Again!

Honda
11/01/2018
50,000 mile swervice and tire rotation
I have used this place before and they did a very comprehensive review of my car. Not something I would recommend waiting around for, but the staff did drop me off at the metro and that was very helpful. Just a couple of things. My mileage was notated wrong on my first visit and they forgot to reset the oil life reminder on my Honda this visit. Labor costs were reasonable, but have had service a little cheaper at other places. Staff were very nice and I would go back.

MF
Mike F.
Potomac, MD
Toyota Land Cruiser
10/26/2018
Dependable and trustworthy!
I highly recommend you give them a try.

GM
George M.
10/25/2018
Preventive Maintenance of 213 Equinox
I took my 2013 Equinox to Marv and Mike's Shop in the last full week of October to prepare for the winter. A thorough and complete work up which included a complete and analytical written explanation was submitted to me which I could easily understand. I appreciate the cordial way being treated at the times I both left the car at the shop and when I picked it up on completion. Thanks to Kelly and Rick for their devoted personal response to my questions in making me feel secure that the car will be in top form and not let me down due to whatever grueling weather we may experience in Washington these wintery and blustery cold months.

Josh M.
Germantown, MD
10/15/2018 Category: Service
Josh said the business was good and the front desk employee was very nice.

John S.
10/14/2018
Great people, great place.
Great place to have your car worked on. The folks are nice and honest. Been in business a long time.

Mike P.
Toyota Matrix
10/10/2018
Trust worthy service
We are very delighted to recommend Mar & Mike's Auto Repair to all our family & friends. The work they do is honest & you can TRUST them. They take the time to call and explain what they thinks needs to be done it great detail. They will even offer suggestions as to what really needs to done now & what could be done at a later date. We will continue to use them for years to come.
Suzanne

EP
Elizabeth P.
10/03/2018
Clutch replacement
I have already provided a review which was very favorable. I was quoted s price to replace the clutch. Clutch replaced & I was on my way
The next day I drove the car & the clutch went all the wsy to the floor & did not come back up.
I had to pull the clutch out manually
Call the shop & brought it back to see what the problem was this time
Then it was discovered either the slave or master cylinder needed to be replaced. In their experience, it was usually the slave cylinder. A price was quoted to replace the slave cylinder, which was replaced only to find out that the problem still existed. The problem being which meant the clutch would go to the floor and would not pop back up
They replaced the master cylinder and did not deviate from their initial quote to replace the slabs cylinder which was very much appreciated
They stand behind their work & are s pleasure to deal with.

MT
Mike T.
Dodge Caravan
09/27/2018 Category: Service
Mike said he will recommend his facility.

MF
Marc F.
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Marc said he is a repeat customer because they do such a great job.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 09/14/2018

Jason S.
09/06/2018 Category: Service
Jason said the lady at the front desk is rude, and the mechanic was supposed to fix the gas cap and wires that were hanging on to the fan. He was charged initially over $1000 and the main issues weren't fixed like they were supposed to. He went back and told the staff that it wasn't fixed but to call and give him an estimate before any additional work was to be done. The work was done anyway and he was charged an additional $200. When this was brought up, the mechanic offered to take everything that was done apart. His vehicle won't be returning to this business nor will the person that initially referred him.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 09/14/2018

It was my understanding that this vehicle was on the schedule for Thursday, not the following day Friday when you droped it off. The day before one of the biggest holidays of the year. Actually we were not taking any more work that day but you were pretty adamit about the fact that the problems you were having were due to the fact that we did not fix things right the first time? So truth be told, the additional repairs were not related to the initial work that was done previously. We noted on the outbound invoice on the initial repairs that you had a fault code for a leak in the evap system that you would have to bring the vehicle back for additional investigation if the light came back on and sure enough it did. We addressed and fixed the problem. I am not sure what you are talking about with the hanging fan wires? we replaced a worn out fan connector on your 12 year old truck. You are right that you did ask us to call you about any additional repairs, the repairs were so minor and we were so busy and trying to make sure that we got every ones vehicles back to them before the holiday I did not want to slow the tech up and loose any valuable hours so I just took a shot that you wouldn;t mind if we fixed it. Wow! my mistake. Lesson learned.

Minardo M.
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Minardo said the business did a good job on his vehicle and the Manager is a good guy.

thanks

WR
Walter R.
Buick Lucerne
08/09/2018 Category: Service
Walter said the employees did a good job and they did what he asked them to.

thanks

Steven S.
08/09/2018 Category: Service
Steven said the mechanic was a little slow getting back with him on the quote. Once he did it was a pretty fast turn around.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 08/21/2018

Sorry it took a while to get back to you, With this being the busy time of the year, we want to give each and every customers car the attention that it deserves. Thank you for your patience.

AF
Avi F.
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Mara. She said everything was done well and promptly.

Jeep Patriot
07/30/2018
Best shop i have ever taken a car to
He 100% cares about the customer. Always crystal clear with explanations and honest. Part if that handful number of shops in the country.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 08/02/2018

Thank you.

RK
Roger K.
07/27/2018
As usual Rick and his crew are honest and fair. Definitely Will be coming her for all of my Vehicle needs. Thank you.
Rick W. from Marv & Mike's Transmission and Auto Repair responded on 08/02/2018