Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5rating 4.1477238
Overall Rating 2.124999/5Overall Rating 2.124999/5rating 2.124999rating 2.124999rating 2.124999

PS
Peta S.
2009 Hyundai Sonata
10/06/2019 Category: Service
8th Visit - Hyundai are working hard to try & fox the issue!
After speaking with Chris our go to guy, he explained more in-depth about the process of how they fix the vehicles. They speak with technicians about parts sent that then tell them what to do with the part. The tech overseeing/working on our car then does exactly what is told to him. After 3 times, Victor decided to try something different, he noticed a few screws that needed tightening unfortunately it still didn’t fix our problem. However 8th times a charm we are hoping. Victor has done all he can and they have now sent it to Rick who works more with electrical issues, he has ordered new/different parts & is going to work his magic. Btw we have not had to pay for any new replacements, Hyundai are doing all they can to try to fix this. I have given them 4 stars because we are still waiting to see if Rick will solve & fix the problem for good!

10/06/2019 Category: Service
Issue still not fixed
We have brought our car in 7 times. Originally was diagnosed with a faulty fuel sending unit. $600 + dollar later, replacing fuel sending unit 3 times we still don’t have a solution! Fuel is still not reading correctly! We are taking back to dealership for the 8th time for one last chance to fix it! Being a Hyundai dealership you would think they would know how to fix their own cars!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/07/2019

Peta,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visits. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

Peta,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai. I'll be sure to thank Chris, Victor, and Rick for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

EM
Erica M.
09/25/2019
problem addressed
My concerns were addressed as far as having my deductible waived ( I already paid it for the same problem only two months ago) and new service advisor assigned to my case. I am mostly satisfied. I will still need to wait another 6 weeks for a part to repair my compressor! Thanks to April for her friendly call and accommodation. Appreciated!

09/25/2019
Cynical price gouging
Was told by my mechanic in June the compressor on my 2016 Elantra (purchased new from Penske La Mesa) was leaking. Took it to Penske and was told all it needed was a hose replacement, which I paid $100 to have changed. It took two days. Next service with my mechanic, I am told the compressor is ~still~ leaking. Back to Hyundai and now, yes, they admit I need a new compressor (“No, it wasn’t misdiagnosed.”), but my condescending “service advisor” insists I will have to pay another $100 deductible. It’s only been 3 months AND my mechanic has documentation that it was not simply a hose back in June. Of course that is not a coincidence in a few weeks time. Condescending advisor tells me to take up my unhappiness by filing a report but if I want air conditioning fixed, I better give him the deductible again. BTW - I was told last week the compressor would be in for replacement Tuesday. Today is Thursday, no word.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/26/2019

Hello Erica,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with April. I am glad she was able to help you with your concerns. I am sorry you were upset by your advisor and we are looking forward to taking care of you and your car as soon as your part comes in.  If you have an further questions or concerns please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
09/11/2019 Category: Service
RESCORED: I'd return my car if I could
I am rescoring my original review because after posting a horrid 2/5 star review, 3 people contacted me to try and make things right. I appreciated the concern for the star rating, and my car concerns are now all resolved, so because I have been constantly contacted I will rescore and give a 5/5. Chris Hjorth has been the most patient and level headed service advisor, I hope he gets the recognition that he deserves.

09/11/2019 Category: Service
I'd return my car if I could
I love my car, but dealing with Penske Hyundai has been an atrocious experience. So bad that I would return my car if I could do so without penalties. When I first bought my car, they whisked it off to get it washed while I signed all the papers. When it was returned to me, there was a huge scratch on the bumper that was not there before. Had I not pointed it out, they would've said nothing- no ownership of their mistakes. Due to that experience, they offered the 1st oil change for free. Well when I brought it in to get the oil change, I was abruptly notified that there's been a recall on my vehicle and it needs to stay the entire day to be fixed. Not only that, my check engine light and hybrid side of the engine malfunctions a couple days afterwards. My car was absolutely fine before I brought it in. Now they are keeping it for a week because the hybrid technician is extremely backed up. If things had been done right the first time, all this back and forth would not be necessary.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/11/2019

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than five stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/16/2019

Hello,
I understand April was able to reach out to you. I hope she was able to answer all your questions. please let me know on the review if you need any further assistance.
Thank you.

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/24/2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

Pine Valley, CA
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Good service, dissapointed with product quality
Friendly, timely, and informative service (for a recall). However, I am disappointed with the sheer number of vehicle recalls, which coupled with a premature engine failure (at 82k miles), indicate a clear manufacturing quality assurance program.

09/03/2019 Category: Service
Check in wait time was too long
Despite having an appointment (for one of too many vehicle recalls), I had to wait 20 to 25 minutes to check in with the service manager.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/04/2019
Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/05/2019

SD
Svetlana D.
08/14/2019 Category: Service
Thanks for fixing my car
I delayed my second review because I wanted to make sure my car runs well and works fine. So, it does. Despite the times when the problems with the car were not detected, I’m very satisfied with the customer service. I usually schedule my appointments with Chris because he is always very patient, helpful and approachable person. I really appreciate Renee for pushing forward to fix my car at the same day I brought it for the service and Eleen, who called me after I posted my 3* review and tried to improve the service. Also, I really like the person who is greeting customers and checking in the cars (I forgot his name) - he is always smiling like no bad days for him ever:)). And the shuttle driver is always calm and nice playing jazz music in his car:).

08/14/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Everything was good until the major problems appeared. I don’t want to mention staff manners because there are only few people at this place who make me want to come back for the service here. Regarding the car I bought here, I am not even that positive. The battery died several times, I started it from the jumper, and technicians could see it on the computer that it was a dead battery. Finally, the battery died again, I had to call towing service to tow my car to prove that it IS the battery problem, not my imagination: the car cannot start. Ok, they replaced the battery. Now, engine light. I also brought the car twice to the service saying that the engine light was several times on. Once I even towed it to the service. And their computer again didn’t see any problem with my car. Finally, the light is permanently on, but I don’t know what is going to be from that now. I’m frustrated with the car. Less than 100.000 miles and it has engine problems already. And the car is not old, I just drive a lot. I will not buy it again neither recommend it for my friends. Sorry.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/14/2019

Svetlana,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your service visits. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

Hello Svetlana,
I am very sorry that any one here treateed you rudely. I understand that we have made a repair to the car and was hoping you could let me know if all is ok at this time? thank you for taking the time to let me know.

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/27/2019

Svetlana,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with Chris, Renee, and our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
08/04/2019 Category: Service
Great Work & Service
Satisfied with the work performed.

08/04/2019 Category: Service
Great work
I have used this dealership for a little over a couple years now, and so far I have always been completely satisfied with the work performed on my vehicle.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to answer the survey. I am sorry we could not complete your car in the time frame that you wanted. We are always striving to improve and I have passed this on the the team that schedules the drop off times. If you need an further assistance please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

David D.
Spring Valley, CA
2018 Hyundai Kona
07/24/2019 Category: Service
Issue resolved
I ended up taking it to another location to have my concern addressed.

07/24/2019 Category: Service
2nd experience
Average.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/25/2019

Hello David,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I understand you have spoken to Edin about your concerns and we will be happy to work with you to resolve this as soon as you can bring in your car. We look forward to seeing you soon.

John C.
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Excellent Customer Service
I recently had my cars 12K service performed. The customer service was exceptional. Friendly, listened, timely.
It was when I got my car back that raised an eyebrow. You always wonder if the staff is taking a nap for that hour they are working on your car.
Well, when I stepped into my finished vehicle, the passenger seat was fully reclined to the flat position. The radio station had been changed. The drivers seat was fully pushed forward against the steering wheel. I am 6'2". The settings in the dash for my next service maintenance visit weren't completely entered. I had to complete the entry myself. Hmm. Are they rushing these services or just forgetting stuff?
Anyways, I love this car and I think overall they are servicing my vehicle properly. I hope they will read this and be aware.
Thank you. Jc

07/22/2019 Category: Service
Good Customer Service
Thank you. Jc
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

John,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. I am sorry to hear that anything did lead to your dissatisfaction. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Kenneth M.
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Penske Hyundai listens and cares.
Penske Hyundai listens and cares. I had a problem with an oil change appointment that took 3 1/2 hours. I was sent a survey and gave it a negative review. Anthony the general manager got in touch with me and expressed his concern about my experience. I told him what had happened and he agreed it was not good. He explained how the service department worked on making appointments and said he will make the process better. He invited me to come back for the next oil change and to meet him and have a cup of coffee. I was very impressed with him reaching out to me

07/10/2019 Category: Service
Overpromise and under deliver. Not good
I went in for and oil change appointment. It should’ve taken two hours at the most and I was at the dealer for three and a half hours. The service writer was very nice and apologetic. He said the system is broken in the service department. I was looking forward to a quick and easy oil change and it ended up being long and drawn out.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

Kenneth,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent oil change appointment. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/15/2019

Kenneth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to update your experience! It was my pleasure to speak with you about your concerns. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

asiaweleski@socalpenske.com

IP
Isaac P.
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Update for Isaac P
They contacted me explaining thank you for the comments of the good service of the one person, but that they wanted a 5 star review. And as such they would offer me a free oil change. My car, needing break service soon as informed by them, I asked if there was anything they could do for that and they offered me 15% off of around 200 per axle. Needing 2 axels done that would end up being way more than I would pay for any off site service. So I declined that offer. Again. Chris is great and I’ll always give him the comments but the company itself sucks service wise and don’t care about the customer. 4 stars is all I’m willing to give despite their request for a 5 Star review unless compensated appropriately.

06/28/2019 Category: Service
Service side lacks
Got a engine due to recalls. Oil was filled well above the full limit and I brought concern to th dealership, but they did not care. Ended up getting oil change. Not much to say about that. Need to check oil levels since picking up car. Replaced key fob. Was told online bought key fobs don’t work and will
Mess up system. Online bought key fob was programmed successfully. And recalls done. No Information given on what was checked or done during inspections for these recalls. I guess just good hope they did what they should have.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/28/2019

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that your service was not done correctly. Thank you for taking the time to talk to Chris and he will take care of the oil and filter change concern. If you have any other concerns or questions please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you for your choosing Penske Hyundai.

Isaac,

Thank you for the feedback and I will pass it on to Chris.

Christopher B.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/21/2019 Category: Service
Satisfied
Chris, contacted me and resolved the issue.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
Crappy service
Took almost two months to replace my engine, then I finally got called to pick up my car and it wasn’t ready. I had already returned my rental and had to go back and get another rental. Destroying my whole day, my sons birthday party! Super pissed!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer the survey. I am so sorry you were unhappy with your service experience and the miss communication regarding your car not being finished. I am glad you had time to discuss this with your service advisor Chris and if he did not address your concerns appropriately please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/26/2019

Christopher,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team was able to turn your experience around. I'll be sure to share your feedback with Chris and thank him for making your visit so pleasant!

PS
Pat S.
2010 Hyundai Accent
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Service has been completed with a smile!
The squealing noise has been resolved with a minimum of effort on my part. My thanks to all who helped me out with this issue. The noise has been a worrisome problem for a while & it is nice to drive without it!

05/17/2019 Category: Service
Service not done completely-
Service not done completely-still hear grinding, screeching noise when slowing for a stop
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/18/2019

Pat,

I'm sorry to hear that any troubles with your vehicle have led to a less than perfect impression of our dealership. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/22/2019

Hello,
I am so glad we were able to help you with your concerns. I will pass it on the your service advisor Edwin that it is no longer making a noise.

Pat,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service and turned your experience around. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

05/09/2019 Category: Service
Resolved last review issues
I was notified immediately about the review I had written and Penske Hyundai went out of there way to resolve the feeling I was having with my last review. They took the time to call me right away, listen to what I had to say, and were very helpful to restore the reason I had started going to them in the first place. They really do want every experience to be a good one. I am willing to keep coming back because they do strive to want results to keep me a happy customer. Thank you for making me feel I did pick the right place to service my car.

05/09/2019 Category: Service
I have always been told that Penske Hyundai is a great place to get service at, so I have always made the trip to have it done. Everyone does make it easy and accommodating, but I have had a few issues that I question, which is if the service was completely done or not? This is relating to my tires, which I have submitted in this survey. Would I recommend this place, yes, I suppose I would, will I be back, I will try it one more time in hopes that I don't feel like I have to question anything and feel like everything was done. The facility and the people are nice and they do help and I know we don't live in a perfect world and everyone can have a bad day.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/09/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I really appreciate your feed back and will make every effort to improve your next service experiance.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Great customer service. Very friendly staff.
The service department was very helpful and very friendly. I bought my 2017 Tucson from here and I would definitely buy my next vehicle here.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Service department poor
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/27/2019

Hello,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your experience around! I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

AA
Amod A.
04/03/2019 Category: Service
Thank you for taking care of your customers good service

04/03/2019 Category: Service
Was good
When I arrived ther was no one waiting I was the only one I gave them my car for oil chang and I waited one hour and 10 minutes this is to long for me
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/03/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with your service advisor Chris. If you have any other questions or conerns please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. We look forward to seeing you again.

Amod,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your experience around. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/20/2019 Category: Service
Contacted by Penske and everything resolved
I was contacted by Penske and everything is good

03/20/2019 Category: Service
An appt. doesn't mean your car will be looked at right away
Just because you have an appointment for service doesn't mean they will look at your vehicle right away.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/21/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that your service appointment did not meet your expectations. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

Hello,

Thank you for the update! I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

Chula Vista, CA
2011 Hyundai Elantra
03/04/2019 Category: Service
More sure about this place
I received prompt follow up from Eileen after posting my review. She took the time to listen to my concerns and provided information that clarified the transaction. I am completely satisfied with the way this matter was resolved. Penske will continue to be my "go to" for maintenance. Thanks, Eileen!

03/04/2019 Category: Service
Not sure about this place
Tried to convince me that a replacement battery that cost almost twice as the one installed before by the dealership was necessary. Makes me wonder if I have been overcharged for other services.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/04/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you felt misled in any way during your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened regarding your battery situation. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy that you gave us the opportunity to turn your experience around. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

John C.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/01/2019 Category: Service
Eileen Lorentz is a Terrible Service Director
My service rep for the recall was Kaitlin Woods. She did everything in her power to provide fantastic service. After a lengthy survey, and too many "back and forth" emails, Ms. Lorentz, the Service and Parts Director, gave me the most incompetent excuse for why this debacle occurred. I am not sure if I have ever heard anything so detached and nonsensical in all my years of employment anywhere: truly the epitome of incompetence. I will definitely contact her personally to review any repairs and get every detail I need in writing before returning.

03/01/2019 Category: Service
Know Your Inventory
Promised 3 hour repair, then told 5 weeks, turned into more than a week. Rental smelled like vomit.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/01/2019

John,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent recall experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened in further detail. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

WD
Walter D.
Spring Valley, CA
02/21/2019 Category: Service
It's not you, it's me
The team at Penske Hyundai was awesome in resolving the issue that occurred with my 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I guess the real problem is that the car had a malfunction.

02/21/2019 Category: Service
It's not you, it's me
For a 2015 Hyundai Sonata to crap out on me at around 57,000 miles is unacceptable, especially when they told me that the engine seized. I have a Volkswagen bus from 1971 and that thing's engine has never seized. So, I will never be buying a Hyundai again, nor will I recommend it to any of my friends or people I know because I do not believe it to be a valuable car or trustworthy car. If you already have one, get rid of it as soon as you can.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/21/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to your service advisor Edwin. I appreciate the feedback on the vehicle and will pass it along. we appreciate your continued business.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/24/2019

Walter,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and thank them for the amazing job they did with your Sonata!

Morgan S.
Alpine, CA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/23/2019 Category: Service

01/23/2019 Category: Service
Great car, good service
The Hyundai management and staff are very helpful and friendly. They take the time to listen to their customers and provide good customer service. I am very happy with my vehicle and highly recommend Hyundai!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/23/2019

Hello Morgan,
I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to the DPSM for our area about your service. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

Morgan,

Thank you for giving us the chance to improve your experience! We will always be here to provide you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!