Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5rating 4.128575
Overall Rating 2.04286/5Overall Rating 2.04286/5rating 2.04286rating 2.04286rating 2.04286

05/09/2019 Category: Service
Resolved last review issues
I was notified immediately about the review I had written and Penske Hyundai went out of there way to resolve the feeling I was having with my last review. They took the time to call me right away, listen to what I had to say, and were very helpful to restore the reason I had started going to them in the first place. They really do want every experience to be a good one. I am willing to keep coming back because they do strive to want results to keep me a happy customer. Thank you for making me feel I did pick the right place to service my car.

05/09/2019 Category: Service
I have always been told that Penske Hyundai is a great place to get service at, so I have always made the trip to have it done. Everyone does make it easy and accommodating, but I have had a few issues that I question, which is if the service was completely done or not? This is relating to my tires, which I have submitted in this survey. Would I recommend this place, yes, I suppose I would, will I be back, I will try it one more time in hopes that I don't feel like I have to question anything and feel like everything was done. The facility and the people are nice and they do help and I know we don't live in a perfect world and everyone can have a bad day.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/09/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I really appreciate your feed back and will make every effort to improve your next service experiance.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Great customer service. Very friendly staff.
The service department was very helpful and very friendly. I bought my 2017 Tucson from here and I would definitely buy my next vehicle here.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Service department poor
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/27/2019

Hello,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your experience around! I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

AA
Amod A.
El Cajon, CA
04/03/2019 Category: Service
Thank you for taking care of your customers good service

04/03/2019 Category: Service
Was good
When I arrived ther was no one waiting I was the only one I gave them my car for oil chang and I waited one hour and 10 minutes this is to long for me
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/03/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with your service advisor Chris. If you have any other questions or conerns please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. We look forward to seeing you again.

Amod,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your experience around. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/20/2019 Category: Service
Contacted by Penske and everything resolved
I was contacted by Penske and everything is good

03/20/2019 Category: Service
An appt. doesn't mean your car will be looked at right away
Just because you have an appointment for service doesn't mean they will look at your vehicle right away.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/21/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that your service appointment did not meet your expectations. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

Hello,

Thank you for the update! I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

Chula Vista, CA
2011 Hyundai Elantra
03/04/2019 Category: Service
More sure about this place
I received prompt follow up from Eileen after posting my review. She took the time to listen to my concerns and provided information that clarified the transaction. I am completely satisfied with the way this matter was resolved. Penske will continue to be my "go to" for maintenance. Thanks, Eileen!

03/04/2019 Category: Service
Not sure about this place
Tried to convince me that a replacement battery that cost almost twice as the one installed before by the dealership was necessary. Makes me wonder if I have been overcharged for other services.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/04/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you felt misled in any way during your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened regarding your battery situation. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy that you gave us the opportunity to turn your experience around. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

John C.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/01/2019 Category: Service
Eileen Lorentz is a Terrible Service Director
My service rep for the recall was Kaitlin Woods. She did everything in her power to provide fantastic service. After a lengthy survey, and too many "back and forth" emails, Ms. Lorentz, the Service and Parts Director, gave me the most incompetent excuse for why this debacle occurred. I am not sure if I have ever heard anything so detached and nonsensical in all my years of employment anywhere: truly the epitome of incompetence. I will definitely contact her personally to review any repairs and get every detail I need in writing before returning.

03/01/2019 Category: Service
Know Your Inventory
Promised 3 hour repair, then told 5 weeks, turned into more than a week. Rental smelled like vomit.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/01/2019

John,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent recall experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened in further detail. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

WD
Walter D.
Spring Valley, CA
02/21/2019 Category: Service
It's not you, it's me
The team at Penske Hyundai was awesome in resolving the issue that occurred with my 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I guess the real problem is that the car had a malfunction.

02/21/2019 Category: Service
It's not you, it's me
For a 2015 Hyundai Sonata to crap out on me at around 57,000 miles is unacceptable, especially when they told me that the engine seized. I have a Volkswagen bus from 1971 and that thing's engine has never seized. So, I will never be buying a Hyundai again, nor will I recommend it to any of my friends or people I know because I do not believe it to be a valuable car or trustworthy car. If you already have one, get rid of it as soon as you can.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/21/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to your service advisor Edwin. I appreciate the feedback on the vehicle and will pass it along. we appreciate your continued business.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/24/2019

Walter,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and thank them for the amazing job they did with your Sonata!

Morgan S.
Alpine, CA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/23/2019 Category: Service

01/23/2019 Category: Service
Great car, good service
The Hyundai management and staff are very helpful and friendly. They take the time to listen to their customers and provide good customer service. I am very happy with my vehicle and highly recommend Hyundai!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/23/2019

Hello Morgan,
I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to the DPSM for our area about your service. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

Morgan,

Thank you for giving us the chance to improve your experience! We will always be here to provide you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

LL
Lawrence L.
2007 Hyundai Accent
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Purge Valve -
I was really happy that Penske reached out to me immediately after my review about my recent issues with my car and the problems I had with the service. I spoke with the service manager, Eileen, and we resolved the matter satisfactorily. I am convinced after my conversation with Eileen that the issues were a communication problem and that they have been addressed. I have been quite happy with Penske service in the past and I will continue to use their service in the future.

01/15/2019 Category: Service
Purge Valve -
If you own a Hyundai vehicle that stalls after you fill up for gas, but starts up after pressing down on the accelerator for a minute and runs fine until the next fill-up, the problem is most likely the purge valve (or purge solenoid for some new models). If you are told that the problem is something else, do yourself a favor and insist on having the purge valve replaced. You will save yourself a headache and a lot of money. The tech in my case didn't know what to look for. I did research on the problem online from the start and mentioned that I suspected that this was the problem. However, I was told the problem was something else that cost me almost $900. After five trips to the dealership, they finally replaced the purge valve and the problem is gone. Some techs are more inclined to look at their computer readings than to understand what can cause an intermittent mechanical error. I suspect that this was the problem. In the end, the tech wanted me to replace another part that would have cost over $500 in parts and labor. I declined. I reviewed this online again (in the Hyundai Forum website) and no one was reporting a problem with that part. Just be careful. That said, for some service, I would still use this dealership. However, from now on, if I suspect I know what the problem is, I will have them repair only that, and not what is "recommended." My trust in that department has waned.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

Hello,
I am so sorry that you were disappointed in your recent service visit. I have left you a message to call me so that we can address your concerns. Please get back to me by phone or email at elorentz@socalpenske.com and let me know the best way to reach you so that we can discuss this. Thank you.

Hello Lawrence, Thank
you for taking the time to call me back, I hope I have resolved your concerns. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/17/2019

Lawrence,

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to turn your experience around! We appreciate your feedback!

SJ
Samantha J.
La Mesa, CA
2015 Hyundai Elantra
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Had a minor issue/concern, but it was quickly addressed by Chris. He went above and beyond to resolve the issue and I’m completely satisfied with the service.

12/05/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed
I've been bringing my elantra here for service since I purchased it back in 2015. They usually do a great job but the last couple of times they did not refill my windshield wiper fluid. This may be a minor annoyance, but it makes me wonder what other regular maintenance they are forgettimg about/skipping over.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

Samantha,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent service experiences. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/17/2018

Samantha,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to turn your experience around! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with Chris and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

WR
William J R.
Julian, CA
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
11/12/2018 Category: Service
Friendly and fast service
Love the service here I did have a concern and it was clearly explained

11/12/2018 Category: Service
Always friendly, great and timely service
We have closer dealerships but we have been purchasing and servicing our cars here at Penski from Fords to Hyundai's
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/13/2018

William,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. The greeter tries to inform all guests that their auto headlamps will be turned off.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/16/2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the headlamps. I hope I have resolved your concerns. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/19/2018

William,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai! I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

LA
Leonard A.
Santee, CA
2016 Hyundai Veloster
11/05/2018 Category: Service

11/05/2018 Category: Service
Feels a little like home, not perfect but neither is home!
Love our Veloster Turbo and plan on getting either a Kona or Elantra Gt. Love the brand.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/06/2018

Leonard,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to talk to Anthony. Let me know if I can explain any of the work or repairs to you in any detail.

2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Review for Jaime
Jaime was above and beyond helpful. From the moment I was directed to his service counter, he gave a complete overview of what they were doing with the car. When I asked about the mark report I was to sign off, he explained it in detail, worked with the other service employee who inspected the car and showed me everything. He let me know that due to a back up in the number of clients they were backlogged and it would be close to 2 hrs before my oil change was complete. I chose to leave it there and pick up later. Since there was such a long wait, he let me know I could pay via the text message he sent me later & he left the keys with the sales dept & I was able to pick up later in the afternoon. Top notch service.

10/03/2018 Category: Service
Overall a very good place for your car to get serviced
Has some room for improvements.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Hello,
 I am sorry you were not happy with the service you received on Saturday, but I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with your service advisor Jaime. I hope he was able to resolve all of your concerns. If for any reason you still have any concerns or problems feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with the best way to reach you and I will be happy to assist. We really appreciate your business and want you to be completely satisfied.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/05/2018

Hello,

Thank you for updating your experience! I greatly appreciate your business and am happy to hear that you had such an excellent visit. I'll be sure to thank Jaime for providing you with such great service.

AR
Amelia R.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Resolved
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me and clarify all of my concerns.

09/13/2018 Category: Service
Quality and Safety
Due to the lack of quality during my service I had to make an emergency stop at another mechanic and spend time and money rectifying the situation.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/14/2018

Hello Amelia,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I hope I have explained everything to you in detail. If you feel you need to ask me any other questions please feel free to call me at any time. we really do appreciate your business and hope to see you back again.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/21/2018

Amelia,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that we could resolve your concerns. I look forward to working with you again.

Janice W.
Alpine, CA
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Eileen
Elieen, took the time to listen to my concerns regarding poor customer service I received and addressed each and every one. She took the time to also look at a charge for repairs I felt was not was not correct.
I am thank for her taking the time to talk with me and her professional way of handling these concerns

08/17/2018 Category: Service
Customer service
Very poor
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/17/2018

Hello Janice,
It was such a pleasure to talk to you. I look forward to working with you in the future. I will be getting back you on the tail lamp situation next Monday as we discussed. Have a wonderful weekend.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/29/2018

Hello Janice,
I had left two messages by phone stating that the check is on my desk and wanted to know if you would like me to mail it or if she would like to pick it up.

Jenessa K.
Spring Valley, CA
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Good Service
After communicating with the staff, my questions were answered and I will be going here for my next oil change :)

08/07/2018 Category: Service
Time consuming
Overall, I love the service I receive every time I go for basic maintenance, but for my 30,000 mile maintenance, it took way longer than expected and the communication was lacking from the service communicator. If I was informed how long it was to take and when to expect it, then I would not have been so anxious waiting for a phone call and waiting around. If I knew it were to take 5-6 hours, I would have planned accordingly.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/07/2018

Jenessa,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with my team. Please rest assured that I take your feedback seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit one-on-one. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/10/2018

Jenessa,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai! We appreciate that you took the time to update your review, and I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

DK
Deniz K.
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Updated review
After being contacted by Chris (advisor), i decided to edit my review as i appreciate his effort to resolve and clarify the issue. Just to make it clear, i did not feel uninformed by the advisor, the only issue was that the case was closed without being resolved.

07/17/2018 Category: Service
Poor technician judgement! Unsatisfactory advisor!
I brought my car due to the following problem;
My car would occasionally jerk at speeds below 15mph. This started happening about 3 weeks ago before the service. I have specifically demonstrated the problem to a technician by driving with him. The first diagnosis/attempt of fixing the problem was not successfull, the car would still do the same jerking so i brought the car back to the service. Their second attempt was to compare it with a same model/year car and they concluded that this was a normal behavior. I didn’t find it normal and told them that the problem had only started happening 3 weeks ago (it wasn’t there before). The jerking wasn’t normal to me and wouldn’t be normal to anybody since it would make a knocking sound and jerk/shake the car unexpectedly and this was frequently happening under normal driving conditions. The service advisor (Chris) concluded that he could not take any further action as his best 2 technicians had their final opinions. I left the service feeling not helped and not valued. What stroke me was not the false technician judgement but it was the advisors poor handling of the situation. He would just close the case without taking my opinion (that the problem was not a normal car behavior) into consideration and offering or seeking for more info and solutions. The next day i took the car to Kearny Mesa Service, demonstrated the problem as i did before, the following day the car was already fixed, the problem was solved with a simple software update. The car would make the jerking while shifting from the 3rd to 2nd gear at certain conditions. I always avoid Hyundai Penske as this is not the only bad experience i had before. I almost felt broken hearted as a 3 times Hyundai vehicle owner.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

Hello,
I am sorry if you feel let down by your recent service visit. I want to let you know that I take your feedback seriously. I am not sure if your advisor explained what was done to your car on this last visit. We not only test drove your car but then we reset the adaptive values in the transmission, there is no update available for the transmission nor for the engine on your vehicle only a reset or relearn. we also checked the torque on all the transmission mounting bolts and tighten any that needed to be tightened. After that was completed two of my best technicians test drove your car and a like car and both test drove the same. All of this information is listed in the copy of the repair order that you were given. I am very sorry if the advisor did not make this clear or answer any of your questions clearly. Please feel free to email me with any questions at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/18/2018

Denize,

I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to resolve your concerns! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

SG
Steven G.
Chula Vista, CA
2013 Hyundai Genesis
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Re-scored review
After my last oil change Joel from the service department contacted me and insisted that I come back in so that they could make things right. They went above and beyond. When I took the car back in for the interior to be cleaned, they decided to go even further and also clean the exterior, free of charge. My stance still remains that the customer service is excellent at this dealership. They had the car looking better than when I bought it. I didn't ask them to provide a detail or provide any service in return, they simply contacted me and insisted that I take the car back so that they could make up for the cleanliness issues from that last visit.

They more than made up for the issues in the last visit and I'm quite impressed with their dedication to their customers. I'll continue getting my car serviced here.

06/13/2018 Category: Service
Messy service techs.
Car was returned with dirt grime and oil all over ver the interior and exterior door handles. Extremely unclean service techs.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

Steven,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. We look forward to turning around your experience this Friday for your appointment to have your car cleaned. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com if there is anything else that I can do to assist you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/03/2018

Steven,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service and resolved your situation. I'll be sure to share your feedback with Joel and thank him for making your visit so pleasant!

Damon R.
05/24/2018 Category: Service
Everything was wonderful excellent Coustomer service

05/24/2018 Category: Service
What
Poor Coustomer service
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/24/2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with your service advisor Jaime. I am sorry if we have not repaired your blinker but we look forward to you bringing the car in so that we can resolve the concerns that you have with it. if you continuse to have any other concerns please fell free to contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. we will see you soon

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/25/2018

Damon,

Thank you so much for sharing your updated experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

James D.
05/13/2018 Category: Service
Staff did a fabulous job.
They listened to me and fixed the problem.
Very professional service. They will definitely get my business. Thanks to the Penske Hyundai team.

05/13/2018 Category: Service
Car still has the problem
Not the best, in the ten years coming to this location.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/14/2018

James,

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

James,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I greatly appreciate your business and am happy to hear that you had such an excellent visit. I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such great service.