Overall Rating 2.41/5Overall Rating 2.41/5rating 2.41rating 2.41rating 2.41

C & M Portraits Inc
BMW 535XI
01/04/2016 Category: Service
Service, Quality and a committed staff. TOP NOTCH in all regards.
Wonderful Experince

DI
Dennis W. I.
BMW 428I COUPE
Bought a new car
Fantastic, so easy to work with, Ronnie Utsman and Mike Frasier made my experience enjoyable!

TH
Tim H.
Bristol, VA
01/04/2016 Category: Service
Good work but expensive service
The repair department does wonderful work on Porsche vehicles, but their cost is higher than other area garages specializing in German cars. On my last visit, I was promised a loaner car when making the appointment (the exact words were "we can help you out with that"), only to find that none were available when I took my Boxster in for service. That caused more inconvenience, since the only option was a truck rental from Enterprise. With a bill over $3,000, the least Rick Hill Imports could have done was to have provided a loaner.

Kevin K. S.
Bloomington, IL
01/01/2016 Category: Sales
Knowledgable & Helpful
Did not have much interaction as I found the vehicle online and had it delivered to me. I never visited the dealership. But what little interaction I had found everyone very helpful and knowledgable. The vehicle arrived in perfect shape as promised.

JE
James S E.
Lebanon, VA
MERCEDES BENZ R350
01/01/2016 Category: Service
Shocker
On the way home from SC had with abs. Luckily made it to Rick Hill. It was late and they repaired by noon next day including realign my brakes which was coming due. Always receive prompt, excellent and friendly service from everyone in the service department

BT
Blanken T.
Dryden, VA
MERCEDES BENZ GLK350
01/01/2016 Category: Service
Best Place in Tri-Cities
Very respectful and courteous staff. Service department explained issue, time to repair the issue, cost to repair the issue, etc. In this day and age, we have come to expect the "surprises" with car service; however, with Rick Hill there were no surprises. The time I was told for repair was spot on. The cost was actually cheaper than I expected. The only surprise was how the customer is pampered while your car is being serviced. The waiting area is extremely comfortable, staff provide snacks and drinks. Will never have my car serviced anywhere ever again but Rick Hill Imports.

Jacobus P L.
MERCEDES BENZ SL500
12/31/2015 Category: Service
It takes a long time to receive a new part for your car. It took a week to replace my gas pump!
Beyond that good!

James M M.
Abingdon, VA
MERCEDES BENZ ML350W4
First visit experience
This was my first visit to the dealership. They listened to my issue and took care of the problem, and followed up with a call. After 2500 miles the problem has not returned.

Robert L H.
Jonesborough, TN
12/31/2015 Category: Service
Normally very reliable service and always gracious personnel.
I brought my 2003 Boxster S in for service on three problems. Two problems were resolved and one, curiously, was not. Due to knee surgery, I have not been able to schedule a return appointment to resolve the third problem, but I will as soon as I am physically capable of making the drive from my residence in Jonesborough back to Kingsport.

Rob H.
12/30/2015 Category: Service
Took my BMW X5 in to check out the .....
Took my BMW X5 in to check out the headlights and change the serpentine belt. The answer was spend $4,000 to change out the headlight assemblies and the belt was okay. Came home, bought 2 new bulbs and installed them which fixed the lights. Changed the belt myself too and that fixed the problem of noise for $35. The good news is I saved a lot of money but it does not convey the right image for a dealer who should be able to diagnose and fix problems,
Wayne R., Porsche/BMW Service Manager from Rick Hill Imports responded on 12/31/2015

Thank you for feed back regarding your last service visit. While every effort is made to explain and ensure our cutomers completely understand estimates for work, it can be confusing on occasion. Your vehicle was brought to our dealership with the complaints of dim headlights and to check the drive belt which was not making any noise at the time of inspection. The technician inspected your car and suggested new head light bulbs and found your drive belt was in good condition and did not require replacing.  An adittional estimate was given to you for replacemant of the headlight assemblies of which you requested due to to the the poor condition of the glass. You were also advised that it would be expensive and not recommended. I would like to add we inpected your vehicle and provided all the advise at no cost to you. We are always willing to help our customers and must reiterate genuine BMW parts carry a 2 yr parts and labor replacement warranty. I hope this helps your understanding of our service process.

For evaluation purposes surveys are kept in customers file.

Wayne Ram

Gary K.
Richlands, VA
MERCEDES BENZ ML350
average
accomodations are like most other nice dealers.

Steven T. M.

Sonya S. A.
Elizabethton, TN
MERCEDES BENZ ML350W4
10,000 mile checkup
The service dept. is efficient ,courteous and welcoming. They do what is necessary as quickly as possible . The personal is friendly and helpful .The waiting area is clean and inviting .

NB
N B.
Harlan, KY
MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCKS ML350
12/29/2015 Category: Service
Most awful experience. Very poor customer service.
The personnel are not at all helpful and more so they are hateful. The lady at the front desk had all the frustration in the world while talking to me. It was friday afternoon 3 PM appointment. I had made this appointment online 2 weeks prior. During the appointment I clearly mentioned that apart from 30,000 miles service, the breaks need to be checked. When I arrived at the dealership the front desk attendant said she did not know about that. She did not bother to greet even though I did. She did not even offer to sit on the chair while to talking to her for 5 mins. She was in a hurry and looked at me like "Why this guy came". I really felt bad with the way she behaved. Then she took my car keys & ask me to sit in the waiting area. This a big bomb. The waiting area is just one desk away from her. No snacks to eat. All they had was some filthy coffee. Some how they agreed to repair the brakes and charge me 640 dollars just for break pads apart from my service. Being owner of Mercedes I give damn about the charges because I am prepared that they will charge way more than any customer expectation but they didn't even treat me well for paying them so much that really hurts. I would not recommend any Benz owner to go to this place ever. I am not going there either. I told the representative who called me for follow up the same. My rating for this place is big 0/5, but I had to give give 1/5 as the system is not allowing me to submit. I had also decided not buy Mercedes vehicle in future after this experience.

Brian J M.
Abingdon, VA
MERCEDES BENZ GLA250W4
12/29/2015 Category: Service
Very happy with the service.

Jason E. C.
MERCEDES BENZ CLA250
Easy to work with
Team was friendly and knowledgeable. Process was relatively quick and painless.

Joe H.
Bristol, TN
MERCEDES BENZ E350
Excellent Service As Usual
During my warranty period, the Service Adviser noticed my interior wood trim had faded. She took the initiative and ordered a complete replacement kit for all the wood trim. When it arrived, I was furnished a new "loaner" vehicle while mine was having the trim work replaced. Work was finished on time and looks great!

Larry T. B.
MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCKS GL550
12/28/2015 Category: Sales
The sales lady at the dealership was helpful. However, a follow-up call to Bill Woods was disappointing .
My wife was questioning Bill Woods about an automatic starter option MBrace had described for the 2016 GL 550. Bill Woods responded to my wife's question. He said, "I guess you will have to go out and start your car yourself; but you have a heated steering wheel." My wife was unable to locate the steering wheel warmer on the vehicle either and he replied, " I guess you are just going to have to wear gloves!" This condescending response was rude and uncalled for so soon after the purchase of a $100,000 plus vehicle. His sarcasm was not appreciated.

Dwight G L.

Richard Q.
MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCKS ML350
12/27/2015 Category: Service
Excellent service!
I had a great experience at Rick Hill Imports. I did not have a appointment, but was in Kingsport for work. I stopped in to see if they could work me in that day. Not only was she able to fix my car, but also give me a rental. They were also able to have it done by lunch, which worked best with my work schedule. I really was amazed by the service and ability to work around my schedule.