Simons Service Inc

Kevin S. on 10/30/2017
"NOT RECOMMENDED"
I recently (09/22/17) took my Son's Car to Simons Auto Repair 1801 W US Highway 50, O'Fallon, IL. location, (after researching on Review Websites and BBB for a good place to take his car) and was told the repair was just a slave cylinder at first and it would cost $180, as the clutch was not working properly. Later, we received a call and was told that the clutch and maybe the flywheel now need to be changed and it would would be anywhere from $1000-$1200 for the repairs. I spoke with the owner and told him this is for my Son's Car and to please not gouge him as he doesn't have the money for absorbent repair costs, which he explained to me that he understood and would do what he could. A few days later we picked up the Car and was presented a Bill of $1361.27, so I asked the Owner of this shop, why so much? He explained that the parts cost more than he had anticipated. We conceded and paid the bill but complained that it seemed very high for what was done. After I drove the Car back home, I decided to research the parts costs and found that we were charged roughly 3 times the actual cost of the parts, as I called the local Parts Supply store that all of the local Auto Repair Shops use. (Slave Cylinder charge $64.91/Cost $20.79, Flywheel charge $185.62/Cost $55.98, Clutch charged $305.02/Cost $155.98). When I called the owner and told him that I had researched the costs of the parts and found his prices 3 times the actual cost, he informed me that was his cost, so I explained that I had called the local Parts Supply stores and found the prices were much less, he explained that he didn't use this supplier, so I asked which supplier he used and he could not immediately explain which Supplier he used except some store named Stonewheele, which I called and could not get through to the parts department. So I called the Simons Auto Repair owner back, and he explained to me that this was the charge and if I had a problem with it that it was not his problem. I explained to him that I felt he should refund the difference in what we were charged vs the actual cost or I would be leaving his Business (Simons Auto Repair 1801 W US Highway 50 O'Fallon IL) a very negative report with the applicable Business Review websites. He explained that he didn't care and that he would not adjust the bill.
I just so happen to call another Auto repair facility and explained what I was charged for a Clutch, Flywheel and Slave cylinder change and they informed me that they had just changed all the same parts on a vehicle and charged their customer $700 minus the slave cylinder.
Within a week of getting the car repaired, the Axle on one side of the Vehicle started to leak all the Transmission fluid out onto our Driveway, so I called around and discovered that it should be warranted by the Shop who performed the work on it. Simons looked at the Car again and explained that the axle was leaking and was NOT warranted as it was not changed during the clutch work, which should have been inspected and replaced if found to be old or worn to prevent a leaky axle, which is the problem we were now having. The Owner of Simon's Auto Repair Shop not only refused to back up his Shops work, but proceeded to laugh and have all of his employees make faces out the picture window at us as we drove away upset.
I highly recommend that all Patrons avoid this Business at all costs, unless you don't mind paying 3 times the actual cost of parts, and don't need a warranty with the work performed.
I personally will Never, Ever recommend, nor patronize this Business, not even if its the last repair facility on earth.
Service Date: 09/22/2017
Review Created: 10/30/2017 11:22 AM
Kevin S. on 10/30/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Avoid Simons Auto Repair Shop at All Costs "
I personally will never, ever recommend, nor patronize this Business, not even if its the last repair facility on earth.
Service Date: 09/22/2017
Review Created: 10/30/2017 10:42 AM
Paul B. on 08/30/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"We have been taking our cars here for years"
Experience and honesty. Great qualities for your service garage. I would not go any where else
Service Date: 08/30/2015
Review Created: 08/30/2015 08:47 PM
Kariana P. on 02/24/2015
Kariana said the business repaired her vehicle within 24 hours and they are inexpensive.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 02/19/2015
Review Created: 02/24/2015
John H. on 02/21/2015
John said he has been a long time customer and has always been treated well. This business is reasonable with the charges and they are up front.
Vehicle: Ford Expedition
Service Date: 02/17/2015
Review Created: 02/21/2015
CHUNGSUK M. on 02/19/2015
"Brakes making noise"
My wife took her Volvo in to get the brakes looked at and Simons checked them out free of charge. They told her they were still good and will be for a while. They were prompt and courteous and her out the door within the hour. When we do need the brakes or anything else worked on we are going there.
Vehicle: Volvo S40
Service Date: 02/17/2015
Review Created: 02/19/2015 10:30 AM
Joan S. on 02/18/2015
Joan said she likes the business. They were good and there were no problems.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 01/28/2015
Review Created: 02/18/2015
SUSAN A. on 02/17/2015
"Quick easy oil change!"
I had an appointment for an oil change. They took the car back right away, and it was done quickly!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Review Created: 02/17/2015 06:51 AM
Doug B. on 02/17/2015
Doug said he was satisfied with everything at this business.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Scott A. on 02/17/2015
Scott said the business was good and would recommend them to anyone.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Cris C. on 02/17/2015
Cris said she was appreciative of the knowledge, courtesy, service and timeliness in which the business handled her experience.
Vehicle: Mercury Topaz
Service Date: 01/28/2015
SUSAN A. on 02/02/2015
"Quick diagnosis and fix"
Simons quickly diagnosed a bad "yaw" sensor that was causing our car's stability control to kick in. Ordered parts right away and fixed it quickly once the part was in! Great service!
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 01/20/2015
Review Created: 02/02/2015 10:02 AM
BRUCE C. on 01/24/2015
"Honesty and integrity"
Mike and his staff provide excellent service at fair prices. They will not try to sell you parts that are not needed or wanted, but will recommend replacement of worn out parts in connection to their project. They are quick with their service and I would recommend them to anyone.
Vehicle: Mercury Sable
Service Date: 01/22/2015
Review Created: 01/24/2015 04:56 AM
SUSAN A. on 01/22/2015
"Always a good experience!"
Simons is always there to help us out when we need help with our cars! We had a broken window during a really cold spell and they were able to get us in, diagnose and fix the problem!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 01/08/2015
Review Created: 01/22/2015 12:27 PM
Stanley B. on 01/10/2015
Stanley said he likes the good service this business provides.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 01/07/2015
Review Created: 01/10/2015
Nedra T. on 01/09/2015
Nedra said the business was friendly and did good work.
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 3
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 12/24/2014
Review Created: 01/08/2015 04:45 PM
Allen B. on 01/07/2015
Spoke with Marty. She said she and her husband were really happy with the service.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 01/02/2015
Review Created: 01/07/2015
Elizabeth B. on 01/07/2015
Spoke with Christine. She said the business was very responsive. All her questions were answered and the service was timely.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Service Date: 01/02/2015
Review Created: 01/07/2015
JASON P. on 12/31/2014
"Another pleasant visit"
Car was dead in the garage. Stopped in to Simon's. Denny was quick to refer me to some local towing companies. Got car towed up to Simon's within the hour. Denny and crew troubleshot car and replaced battery. Car was there the whole day, but they only charged me for one hour of labor. Fair price for battery. They also performed LOF and inspection so I can feel confident about being back on the road. I will see them again at the next oil change!
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner