Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Rowley, MA
02/08/2019
Reliable Service
I am always so pleased with the care and maintenance of my 2010 Toyota Corolla performed by Andrew and his team. Everybody is very knowledgeable, friendly and trustworthy. You can depend on them to take excellent care of your vehicle. They also have really cute loaner vehicles!

DIANE M.
Honda CR-Z
02/08/2019
Excellent care of my Honda!
I needed an inspection sticker for my 2015 Honda CR-Z. Am unfamiliar with mechanics in this area, and I'm fussy about my car. I looked online and read so many positive reviews for State Automotive Repair. I called and they had a convenient time for me. I was warmly greeted on a bitterly cold day. The young lady at the counter was terrific! I was treated with respect by all. The office waiting area is clean and orderly. They took wonderful care of my Honda. Even on that very cold morning, the young woman happily put air in my tires,and the air pump was outside! I am pleased with their service.

SE
SCOTT E.
01/26/2019
Problem solvers who know what they are doing
Organized, precise, competent, pleasant and works on behalf of the customer.

SCOTT S.
01/25/2019
comprehensive service and care - as usual
Andrew and his time provided the comprehensive diagnostic, repair, and customer communications, for which I value them.

EH
ERICA H.
Hyundai Elantra GT
01/23/2019
Knowledgeable, Honest + Proactive
I have been bringing my car to State Automotive Repair since I first moved to the area ten years ago. One of the reasons I keep returning is that they do a safety check during every visit and note anything that might need attention in the coming months. My last visit was for an oil change, but I also knew something else was wrong with my car. Not terribly wrong, and nothing I could point to precisely, but my car just felt a little off. So, when I picked up my car that afternoon, Andrew walked me through everything that was done that day, their diagnosis of the larger problem that I couldn't pinpoint alone, and a plan of action. He reviewed the items that needed immediate attention and a few other items that were on the radar screen for a future visit. One of the reasons I appreciate this so much is that it allows me to plan and budget for a known maintenance expense. It makes car maintenance a lot less stressful and cuts down on the surprises. I recommend Andrew and the team at State Automotive Repair without reservation.

MIKE B.
Honda Ridgeline
01/22/2019
Brake Light... Quick and easy,
Honestly - thank you so much for getting me right in and out. i didnt want to be "THAT" guy but you made me feel like a longtime customer.
Kudos to Dana and the whole staff at State Automotive!

Lexus RX
01/11/2019
Feedback
Really not happy - charged over 200 for interior clean only - already a new car - really just need rug cleaned. My girlfriend dropped car off and mentioned spilled soup which was already noted on my record. Salesperson said they could apply citrus deodorant without noting $99 charge. The car did not need it and now the car smells terrible- basically smells like cleaning in a cheap hotel.
Andrew d., LLC Manager from State Automotive Repair responded on 01/12/2019

We were not made aware of any issues at pick up, however, I have sent the customer a $50 partial refund by check on 01/12/19 and included a FREE 2 star "spiff" cleaning on this vehicle for a future visit.

I personally did not discuss the citrus enzyme treatment with the customer girlfriend but I would like to explain why it was suggested in the first place and why there is an additional charge.

The customer's girlfriend explained to the detailer, when he was dropping her back off at home, that the soup spill smells when it is hot. I had personally scheduled the original appointment and had been made aware of the soup concern.  However, I was under the wrong impression that the concern was for a staining issue and when I had inspected it with the customer I was not concerned with staining. In addition, it did not smell bad when I had examined the vehicle. Therefore, I was not concerned about explaining a smell treatment charge.

The idea of performing an enzyme treatment didn't materialize until the smell concern came up in conversation with the customer's girlfriend. The reason why the service was offered is because the soup spill was a broth based soup that had penetrated below the carpet surface and into the padding below. No amount of shampooing of carpeting has the potential to remove that kind of concern. In fact, sometimes, the carpet will require replacement, if the issue is service enough. In addition, mold can be a real concern and mold can become airborne.

The enzyme treatment is not just a scent spray that takes 5 minutes to apply. A high powered steam machine is used to pump the enzymes through the vehicles vents and throughout the vehicle (including over the carpets). The enzymes attack the mold and in turn the odor. The treatment used is a citrus scent, which is the most popular scent manufactured and distributed based on popularity. The scent is always strongest after application.

We had performed a 3 Star Detailing on this vehicle in the past (September, 2017). The services have expanded since that time and it takes longer to do. A 3 Star Detailing takes approximately 4 hours to perform and is not as simple as vacuuming and dusting. An example of just one thing that is done - the leather interior is treated with a pH balancer to hydrate the leather. This is then followed up with a leather sealant to help protect and preserve it. This of course takes time and materials to do.

I am sorry that the customer had a less than stellar visit. It is my hope that the partial refund and a FREE 2 Star Detailing in the future will convey to the customer are desire to make things right.

FD
FRANK D.
01/06/2019
Excellent work as always
I love the professionalism and quality of work provided by Andrew and the team. From smart online sharing of information about the vehicle, to recommended future work and high quality servicing, State Automotive is second to none.
I also love the pragmatism and sensible advice.
Best of all the cars serviced by State Automotive are always in top condition and super reliable.

DONNA R.
Honda Accord Coupe
01/04/2019
Very thorough and professional
I have been having my car serviced here for years and I always have a positive experience. They are thorough and informative. I can rely on them to keep my car up to date and therefore safe.

SUSAN S.
Toyota Yaris
01/04/2019
Kindnss
The service was outstanding. They even cleaned my windows! All this for an annual inspection. Their suggestions were helpful, but they put on no pressure for eventual needs for my car. But mostly, they could not have been more helpful.

LT
LESLEY T.
Boxford, MA
Hyundai Santa Fe
12/22/2018
You guys rock.
Dealing with State Automotive is easy. They use modern diagnostic and customer interaction tools (texting, reminders, repair updates, this survey, e.g.). When I talk to staff, they explain things in a way I understand and that I trust. My cars run beautifully. I feel like State Automotive has my back.

12/16/2018
Awesome team, so nice and helpful
This team is extremely courteous. They’re quick, efficient and do a great job

SHEILA B.
Amesbury, MA
12/10/2018
They understand customer service.
Andrew and his team always provide great work. Their customer service is excellent - they listen and treat you as a special customer which is why I keep going back.

CD
CHAD D.
Chevrolet Sonic
12/08/2018
Friendly and trustworthy local garagr
They installed my new tires I had shipped from Tirerack. They offered me additional services, but weren't pushy when I declined.

Byfield, MA
Ford Expedition
11/12/2018
Thank you!
Always friendly and easy to arrange service

PA
PETER A.
11/02/2018
Gets Repetitive!
There is a finite number of ways to say "First class, as usual"!

PA
PETER A.
10/29/2018
Sounds Boring ...
...all these good reports I keep entering. Butthe service isn't boring at all. Andrew and his team not only give consistently good service, but timely reminders of matters that should be attended to to keep the wheels rolling smoothly. I appreciate that, for I'm a fervent believer in preventive maintainance.

DK
DON K.
10/29/2018
Recent visit
Thank you for your great service and organization I am so happy that a wonderful reliable company like yours is here in Newburyport !!!

CD
CHRISTOPHER D.
10/26/2018
Best detail. Ever.
Since my dog goes to work with me most days, my interior has taken a beating. State Street offers all levels of detailing; I chose the top and glad I did. Only comment is that my mats are so clean they're a bit slippery. Other than that my 2011 feels and looks like a new car! I'll be back for sure.
Lori