PB
PAUL B.
Honda Ridgeline
04/07/2020
Very responsive, thorough and flexible
Andrew was able to take my car in on short notice and provide great service in these unusual times. He provided a loaner, a very detailed estimate, and my car was ready on time and delivered as quoted.

PA
PETER A.
Newbury, MA
03/20/2020
Highest Marks
Excellent, particularly in view of stresses due to coronavirus.

DAN M.
Amesbury, MA
03/16/2020
Great Service friendly staff
They walked me through every aspect I needed to know. They were patient, and even helped me get a refund from another place. I am am so glad I chose to send my car here.

SCOTT S.
03/14/2020
Excellent service, as always
Andrew and his entire team are top-notch. Excellent communicators, differentiating clearly between must-do vs. recommended service, and providing options when available.

They've been servicing our vehicles for year, and I have a high level of trust in their work.

RICHARD G.
Salisbury, MA
03/12/2020
First visit and was treated like I have been coming here for years.
They worked on 2 of my cars and treated me like I had been going there for years. Highly recommend.

PJ
PHILIP J.
Manchester, MA
Toyota Tundra 2WD Truck
03/12/2020
Always great Service and People
I will always recommend for great service. Would not go elsewhere.

DV
DAVID V.
Honda Fit
03/06/2020
Valve Work Excellent
Great work. Used loaner car as it took all day. Mechanic found serious drivetrain warranty repair needed. State Automotive always goes the extra mile.

Rowley, MA
03/04/2020
The BEST automotive repair/maintenance shop
They have been my auto repair & maintenance shop for several years now. This trip was just to change my oil and a general maintenance check, where they discovered a bulb that needed to be replaced. As always, they were friendly, knowledgeable and trustworthy. Also, the work was done very promptly. I most highly recommend these people for all of your car care needs.

JE
JANE E.
Byfield, MA
Saab 9-3
03/03/2020
Convenient, professional
Great service. They provided not an ordinary oil change, but went through my car check everything.
The paperwork at the end was comprehensive.

The shop has created an easy drop off and pick up off hours.

DIANNE L.
03/01/2020
Totally happy with my car detailing
My car looks great and was completely checked for my upcoming road trip. I have full confidence in how State Street takes care of my car

Newbury, MA
Mazda 3
02/12/2020
Efficient and Thorough
Very professional, respectful of your time, and explain work and recommendations thoroughly. Best in my area.

DONNA M.
Lynn, MA
02/11/2020
Awesome Service
On my way to New Hampshire last Wednesday, had an unfortunate incident with my Honda CR-V and had to be towed by AAA . While deciding if I should have my car towed back to the dealer in Lynn Ma., about 30 miles away, (only place its ever been serviced) the AAA agent suggested State Auto in Newburyport Ma. approximately 3 1/2 miles from where I was broken down on Rte 95. They recommended that I at least have a diagnostic done to see if it was a fixable issue before paying for the tow back to MA.

AAA towed me to State Auto. I was greeting by Andrew de Bernardo, owner of the facility. He asked me to explain what had happened and although they were very busy that day he had my car test driven to confirm what I had felt the car do, and hooked up to the diagnostic computer within about 45 min.

After receiving the codes from the computer as to what the issue was he came into the office to explain the findings to me. It turned out to be a spark-plug issue. I explained that I had just had my car serviced at the dealer in December but did not know if they had done spark-plugs during the 65,000 mile tune up. Andrew had also found an issue with the dipstick being stuck. He asked me if it was alright if he called the dealership to find out if the plugs and oil change had been done at the last visit. After learning that the plugs had never been changed in my car but an oil change had been completed, Andrew said he believed the plugs were indeed the issue and that replacing them should take care of the problem. He then asked me if I wanted to proceed with repair at his facility. I asked if it could be done on that day, if not I would have to rent a car to get home. He checked the workload with his mechanic and would be able to fit me in. To say I was relieved was an understatement. He wrote up an estimate and asked for my approval to proceed.

I was towed in at 12:45 PM and was on the road back to MA at 3:11 PM. Thru the whole procedure Andrew was very professional and patient and kept me informed every 15 minutes as to the status of the repair. I was extremely impressed with the whole visit. If I lived closer to Newburyport, State Automotive would have my business without hesitation.

Sincerely,
Donna M.

Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
02/10/2020
2008 Beetle
I have been taking my car to them for almost 8years. They are fair and trustworthy.
The loaner car helps a lot too.

MYRA P.
Haverhill, MA
Volkswagen Passat Wagon
01/31/2020
The personal service is amazing
Not a one complaint. Customer service is amazing . Owner and employees are very knowledgeable and polite . You don’t feel pushed or scammed ...it has the mom & pop shop feel . Highly recommend .

MARIO S.
Salisbury, MA
01/30/2020
Great!
Great place and reliable! My first choice when it comes to car issues!