Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

CD
CHAD D.
Chevrolet Sonic
12/08/2018
Friendly and trustworthy local garagr
They installed my new tires I had shipped from Tirerack. They offered me additional services, but weren't pushy when I declined.

Byfield, MA
Ford Expedition
11/12/2018
Thank you!
Always friendly and easy to arrange service

PA
PETER A.
11/02/2018
Gets Repetitive!
There is a finite number of ways to say "First class, as usual"!

PA
PETER A.
10/29/2018
Sounds Boring ...
...all these good reports I keep entering. Butthe service isn't boring at all. Andrew and his team not only give consistently good service, but timely reminders of matters that should be attended to to keep the wheels rolling smoothly. I appreciate that, for I'm a fervent believer in preventive maintainance.

DK
DON K.
10/29/2018
Recent visit
Thank you for your great service and organization I am so happy that a wonderful reliable company like yours is here in Newburyport !!!

CD
CHRISTOPHER D.
10/26/2018
Best detail. Ever.
Since my dog goes to work with me most days, my interior has taken a beating. State Street offers all levels of detailing; I chose the top and glad I did. Only comment is that my mats are so clean they're a bit slippery. Other than that my 2011 feels and looks like a new car! I'll be back for sure.
Lori

MARC W.
West Newbury, MA
10/19/2018
Exceptional Service!
This was my first experience with State Automotive. I have pretty much never encountered this level of service at an Automotive Repair business. I went there to have new wheels fitted to my vehicle which were being provided by TireRack. When the wheels arrived it was found that there was an issue with one of the wheels and it would not balance. Andrew spent over two weeks playing the middleman between myself and TireRack explaining to them how the wheel was defective and arranging for a new no-charge replacement. He kept in constant contact with me throughout the entire process providing excellent service the entire time. This is above and beyond what I would have expected from him.

in the end everything has been resolved and needless to say State Automotive is now where I will take my vehicle for all service work! Thanks for a great experience!!

TG
THOMAS G.
Nissan Murano
10/10/2018
Detail job. Car looks great, but
Car looked and smelled great. Like new. But, leather/vinyl protector overspray was on center console and front and rear windows were very smudged and streaky. Almost like they were cleaned and then over spray got on them also.

Also wish that a clay bar was used prior to the wax to smooth the finish. Car looks great but if you feel it you can feel a little graininess.

Maybe another level of detail should be added to include the bar.

KP

North Andover, MA
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/23/2018
visit
Had my truck towed to the shop on 9/21. Paid 300.00 to install a battery because it would not start, got it home and still doesn't start. place sucks!!!!
Andrew d., LLC Manager from State Automotive Repair responded on 10/16/2018

The vehicle was towed in as a no start. Upon arrival we tested the charging system and found the battery testing as bad. We attempted a recharge of the battery and retested again. It called for a new battery based on the testing. We replaced the battery with customer approval and kept the vehicle over night and retested the charging system in the morning and the battery tested good. In addition, we tested the alternator and starter and both were testing fine. We test drove the vehicle and returned to our facility and again retested and all tested OK again. During the day, between other appointments, we returned to the vehicle and performed test starts and the vehicle started on every attempt. We also performed an oil change with customer approval. The final invoice was $303.20. We only charged for one charging system test and did not charge for the other tests. We also provided a AAA discount on our labor. I was sorry to learn that there was an additional issue with the customer's vehicle, but we did not find any other issues at the time of the customer's visit even with additional tests, and we are not the type of facility that throws parts at a problem. We also provided the computer report that the battery was bad upon arrival to the customer as evidence of a battery issue.

JACK S.
BMW 328i
09/23/2018
State Automotive / First Time Customer
Having my car detailed recently was my first experience with State Automotive Repair. I could not have been happier! The staff was very friendly, extremely professional and very accommodating. The detailing was the best I've ever had on any car I've owned. I'll definitely go back again. We were so impressed that we set up an appointment for a 30K mile checkup for my wife's car. Five stars!

SP
SUSAN P.
Kia Sportage
09/14/2018
Very convenient
The shop is within walking distance and the owner Andrew explained everything about my car so I could understand. I will definitely bring my car back for service and recommend to my family and friends.

RICHARD B.
09/12/2018
Auto repair by people who care
State has been working on our vehicles since I discovered them 18 months ago. One of my first impressions: this group actually cares about you and your vehicle. It is a feeling that I have never experienced before at any place servicing my cars. There isn't a waiting room with a wide screen tv and leather chairs, staffed by brushed and coiffed folks wearing flat insincere smiles. Rather, everyone at State, I have found, cares about getting it right, pricing fairly, and making sure your whole experience is a good one. You can just feel when people are sincere, and at State I have found in my many service appointments, that they truly are.

Rye, NH
09/12/2018
Nice shop and good people
I stopped in for an oil change and to have my tires filled. The team there was very helpful and even pointed out a few items that my car will need fixed soon. They took the time to explain the issues in plain English and even emailed me quotes in different price ranges so I could make an informed decision.

Volvo XC90
09/11/2018
Detailing
Flawless job and great special attention to the Chocolate lab dog hair in the back!

PH
PATRICIA H.
09/09/2018
Just in the nick of time
One of my windshield wipers gave up the ghost the day heavy thunderstorms were forecast. Andrew kindly waited a few minutes after his normal closing time in order correct the problem. I was very appreciative, as the next day it poured while I was driving home from work. I would have had to pull over and wait out the storm if both wipers had not been fully functional.

SCOTT S.
09/02/2018
Professional, comprehensive, and friendly, as always
Andrew, Dana, and their team are consistently professional, thorough, and friendly. We've used them for service for some years, and trust them to say when something needs servicing, whether it may be deferred, etc.

Franconia, NH
09/01/2018
I am new there, and they treated me very well.
State Automotive was quick to schedule me for an estimate, and they provided it promptly via the internet; I was also able to pay by PayPal, which was very convenient. Their service and attentiveness was very good. Their location -- right next to the Newburyport train station -- can't be beat for those commuters who want to drop off and pick up their car without any hassle.

Rowley, MA
08/23/2018
Wonderful auto repair & maintenance
I have been going to this business for several years now. They keep my car running right. I have only good news to tell you because they are always friendly, knowledgeable and trustworthy. They have very cute loaner vehicles as well. I highly recommend State Automotive for all of your vehicle’s needs.