Al Dean's Auto Repair

Kristi K. on 08/25/2017
"Excellent customer service!"
I was shopping at Farm Boy next door to Al Dean's Auto today when my car wouldn't start. Not knowing what the problem was, I walked over to Al Dean's to see if anyone could help. Al was so helpful and professional. He walked over with me, pointed out the problems he saw with the battery (which I had just bought in May 2016 from the dealer) and helped me to jump start it. He advised I go back to them, since it should be under warranty. I was so impressed with his knowledge and kindness. He took the time to show me the problem, and advised how to fix it. I will definitely return the next time I need an automotive repair, he earned a new customer today!
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 06:26 PM
Glenn Z. on 07/08/2017
"Great service"
We are from out of town and our radiatior overheated when we got to MI on a Friday afternoon. I found this place online and brought it in. I told Chuck that we are leaving on Monday and he and his staff we able to not only fix the issue but communicate it with me. It was fixed on Saturday morning , which was amazing.
Service Date: 07/08/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 10:47 AM
Robert H. on 09/09/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Quality work and customer service"
Chuck took the time to thoroughly inspect my car to make sure what was wrong. He told me what he was hoing to do and kept me informed thru the whole process. He even gave me a break on the labor cost.
Service Date: 09/08/2016
Review Created: 09/09/2016 02:24 PM
Rhonda S. on 08/04/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"I will only take my car to Al Dean's"
Oh my goodness, Chuck and the rest of the crew are awesome. My car would not start and all I could think about was Chuck at Al Dean's. He has always done a terrific job on the cars and he has a great personality. His honesty always puts me at ease. So I took my car in at the last minute, towed of course. Within an hour, Chuck and the mechanics recognized my problem. The alternator. I can handle that, but I knew that I had an alternator the year before. Chuck was able to track down the information for the alternator and he determined that I was under warranty. What a relief! He installed a brand new alternator and I did not have to pay a dime for the part. How many people can you say would actually take the time to find out about a warranty, I will tell you who....Chuck. Chuck was worried about the life of my warranty due to the alternator so he made sure I got a battery, that was under warranty as well. All I can say, today was a good day!
Service Date: 08/01/2015
Review Created: 08/04/2015 07:17 PM
Jihad M. on 05/14/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"great service for a great price "
I went to another repair shop at first to get quoted for how much it would cost to replace my rear brake pads and rotors along with the rear caliper. They told me 500 which was ridiculous so my father told me to contact Chuck at Al Dean's and he was able to do it for 250! And now it rides as smooth as ever. I recommend Al Dean's to anyone who wants excellent service from a man who keeps his word and offers a great price.
Service Date: 05/14/2015
Review Created: 05/14/2015 12:26 PM
James D. on 02/28/2015
James said this business' service was great. He would absolutely recommend them to others and already has.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 02/20/2015
Review Created: 02/28/2015
Tommie H. on 02/26/2015
Tommie said the service provided was really good. However, some of the service they did, he did not know about and if he was not able to pay at the time, he was told he could pay for the added service later.
Vehicle: Buick Rendezvous
Service Date: 02/19/2015
Erica J. on 02/26/2015
Erica said this facility was good but the prices are a little high. At the end of the repair, they hooked the vehicle to the computer and it came up with a code which meant the vehicle could go bad again. She stated she believes the staff member was honest with her and he was nice, but she felt as if he was guessing. He told her to drive her vehicle for a week or two and that it may go bad or it may not, but not to spend anymore money on it.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 02/24/2015
Ron S. on 02/26/2015
Ron said that this business does great work and does not overcharge him for unnecessary work.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 02/03/2015
Mark L. on 01/29/2015
Mark said they always take care of him. Chuck is very professional and friendly.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 01/27/2015
Review Created: 01/29/2015
Frank A. on 01/19/2015
Frank said he has gone to the business a couple of times and gets excellent service. He has no complaints.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 01/06/2015
Review Created: 01/19/2015
James R. on 12/30/2014
James said this business does a fine job.
Vehicle: Ford Five Hundred
Service Date: 12/27/2014
Review Created: 12/30/2014
Tim C. on 11/26/2014
Tim said this business is always honest, they do their work, and they are on point with everything.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 11/04/2014
Review Created: 11/26/2014
SCOTT B. on 11/25/2014
"Seemed like a dishonest money-grab"
I took my car in knowing that the starter was the problem. They called the next day to say the car was done, the starter was replaced, and the total bill was $485. I told them I had the exact work done two years prior for $330, and had quoted it with someone else for $337. They agree to waive their diagnostic fee, which reduced the bill to $400 - still higher than I expected, but I decided to let it go at that. I was still frustrated that they would even charge a $75 diagnostic fee just for me stepping in the door. We knew the problem was the starter; there wasn't much diagnosis to conduct. That's not the worst part, though....

When I arrived to pick up the car two days later, I asked what specifically was wrong with the starter. The man told me he had good news. Once they actually got in there, he said, they realized the starter was fine; it was just a connection that was loose. They tightened that connection and it worked fine. The bill was "only" $155 for two hours of labor - that's two hours of labor to remove a battery and tighter a connection.

The BIG question, of course, is why they initially told me they replaced the starter and were going to charge me $485. I'm glad they decided to be honest about it before I showed up to pay, but it killed my trust in them. I will not return.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Prizm
Service Date: 11/24/2014
Review Created: 11/25/2014 01:31 PM
Chuck K. at Al Dean's Auto Repair responded on 12/01/2014

First of all there's no shop out there that does not charge a diagnostic fee for a no start ( towed ) in vehicle , And the statement that we called the next day and said vehicle was done is False , I called the following day to get an approval for repairs I told him we did get vehicle into the buliding and performed the basic checks and problem appeared to be at the starter , battery appears to be ok and sold the job as such , we quoted job assuming it was going to need starter pending teardown as starter is buried under intake manifold and behind the fan assembly  , he agreed but was'nt thrilled with the price I agreed at that point to wave the Standard No Start diagnostic fee , and he agreed to the repairs, during the coarse of the repairs we did all the dissasembly needed to remove the starter and that is when we found the slightly loose connection at the main cable at starter , we decided to gamble on our part to clean and tighten that connection and risk  the complete reassembly of the vehicle to perform retest knowing that  if this failed we would have to dissasemble the vehicle again and replace the starter, but the result was good, we tested it over and over and the starter functions fine .I gave him the good news upon picking up the vehicle couple days later.   If we were the money grabbers that were accused of being we would have just changed the starter and the result would have been identicle ( A FIXED VEHICLE ) but including the price of starter as well (as approved in the first place !) . I never said nothing about the problem was at the battery, I was very clear that we had starter out and the repair was at the starter not the battery !!!!!!!!!!! ..

Karen M. on 11/25/2014
Karen said this business went out of their way to help her. They were friendly and very caring.
Vehicle: Chrysler Pacifica
Service Date: 11/22/2014
Review Created: 11/25/2014
Amy D. on 11/22/2014
Spoke with Amy's husband. He said this business always does a great job. Chuck takes really good care of him.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 10/31/2014
Review Created: 11/22/2014
Mike M. on 11/20/2014
Mike said he has been going to this business for years because they do great work. He wishes he could send more people to them and has recommended several of his friends there already. They have a bunch of nice employees, they make their customers feel like family, and they always have a hot pot of coffee ready.
Vehicle: Buick Park Avenue
Service Date: 11/07/2014
Review Created: 11/20/2014
Marilin S. on 10/28/2014
Marilin said the manager, Chuck, does a good job.
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 10/28/2014
Steve P. on 10/18/2014
Spoke with Mary. She said the business resolves her vehicle issues quickly and efficiently.
Vehicle: Dodge Neon
Service Date: 09/24/2014
Review Created: 10/18/2014
Leo E. on 10/16/2014
Leo said they do a great job with his vehicle.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix